RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
Before I reply. I want to say thank you, I did figure out what I wanted to do with the mining situation. I have also figured a way to implement percentages. Also, I will be nerfing the prices because I do want to add more ore later on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Related to that house here you have an alternative, you want it to be fairly easy to get it? that's fine, but rather than buying it you are renting it. If the rent isn't too high (I think 300-500 per week should be reasonable in current gameplay conditions).
Believe it or not, I have already created a new character who will be forcing you to pay "Land tax". This is why I made it "easy" to get the home. The mayor of the low class doesn't mess around and is going to be charging you a weekly amount or you give her the deed and get kicked out. I'm not sure about the price yet, think about your suggestion of prices for the ore. Will this still work? (as I did take your advice and I want to see what happens when I lower it to those prices lol).

I think that with that way you can unlock the house as you want while not feeling like the economy is broken, because when 30 pieces of bread can buy a house something is wrong, even more, when the house makes the stats kind of redundant cause you can easily fill them.
Yeah, I agree with you. I have debated either increasing the prices of Food/pots or removing pots. I have yet to decide. I do hope with the weekly Land text it will balance things out. Your concerns are 100% valid. From the start, I have admitted, my balancing is completely lacking and it has been on my mind for a while.

Related to the stat... we are supposed to be cursed, I feel it's really weird that you could go on both extremes (dominant and submissive) in that situation. That doesn't mean that you can't have some acts of both, in fact you as a player can just balance it, but in the end do you beat the curse or does it devour you dominance?, I just felt that was the point of the game and in fact the point of we as a player should be to maintain our dominance while the world should try to push us towards submissiveness.
You have a valid point here. At the start of the game, I wanted it so you are able to choose how you survive this new world. I added the "Curse" a few updates in and now? I'm starting to think I need to rewrite that out. Because now, I want the game to focus on your choices and how you want to live in your new life. Yes, Death wants you to get punished but you also have the free will to do what you want and be what you want.

So that is why I may as well cut out the curse part of the story and have your choices decide your ending. The ending in my mind is connected to the queen rather than the curse.

That is why I realized, "why the heck did I even bother adding the curse aspect?" There is a lot for me to think about to be honest.

I am grateful for the feedback and it helps a lot.

level.png

WIP. But, you aren't the first to suggest a leveling system and since I figured it out, I think I'll be implementing it soon.

Like you said;
Copper: 10g
Silver: 40g
Gold:100g

I'm up for suggestions and feedback, so thank you again.

Reactions: Dipo69

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Let's see... daily on average if you just work on the mine as level one you have this chances to find stuff:

Gold: 20% -> 20

Silver: 40% -> 40

Copper: 260% -> 26

Hurt: 80% -> 0

That's if you work 4 times per day, which is kind of normal on the mine, the potential monetary value per day as level 1 would be 86 coins per day which would be an average of 602 coins per week and this is as level 1. Even more you don't have a reason to rush the house, so you could work a few days to accumulate money while using the inn.

Taking this information into account any money that you have to pay weekly that is below 600 would be fairly easy to pay even as level 1, so if you don't want to push the players too much then around 400 as weekly rent would be quite okay.

Having said that... there are others ways to increase the difficulty if needed (like the bully girls, they could actually be agressive to peasants too and make you pay "their mining tax") or the rent could be increased weekly until you manage to find a way to defend yourself from that "land tax", those are just a few examples.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Let's see... daily on average if you just work on the mine as level one you have this chances to find stuff:

Gold: 20% -> 20

Silver: 40% -> 40

Copper: 260% -> 26

Hurt: 80% -> 0

That's if you work 4 times per day, which is kind of normal on the mine, the potential monetary value per day as level 1 would be 86 coins per day which would be an average of 602 coins per week and this is as level 1. Even more you don't have a reason to rush the house, so you could work a few days to accumulate money while using the inn.

Taking this information into account any money that you have to pay weekly that is below 600 would be fairly easy to pay even as level 1, so if you don't want to push the players too much then around 400 as weekly rent would be quite okay.

Having said that... there are others ways to increase the difficulty if needed (like the bully girls, they could actually be agressive to peasants too and make you pay "their mining tax") or the rent could be increased weekly until you manage to find a way to defend yourself from that "land tax", those are just a few examples.
I appreciate your feedback on the balancing of the game. It helps a lot. That sounds about right. 400 weekly isn't too bad at all.

I have also nerfed fishing as that seemed to be an insane moneymaker as well... Sorry guys lol.

I do enjoy having the bullies play a part in this. Maybe some sort of enforcers, or some way for them to blackmail you, "Yeah sure, we will protect your property, for a price" or, "We will tell everyone who you really are! for a price" though I do like your idea as well.

I do plan for more gold sinks and having other stats matter. Thank you again and any feedback that is related to balancing is more than welcome.

In other news! This is now toggleable with "C"! Coming next update =)

kazhir

Jun 6, 2020
I did, it gave me a error message, i'm uninstalling it to reinstall it. Will see if i got the same error message

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
By the way, it's an amazing game, lots of content, can't wait for the next update
Thank you that means a lot! More to come next update and then I'll be adding to the things that are unfinished. At least that is the goal.

If you happen to run into any bugs let me know as I have fixed the ones I have seen or people reported but I could be missing some.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
So far only mega is updated.

V.34 is out. The next update will be out in 2 weeks as I want to go back to what I have and work on what is missing, so I'll be focusing more on that. I wanted you all to see what is new and test out the new things. 2 weeks seems like a good time with how busy I am.

Is still the best way to suggest characters, ideas, and just chat with me and anyone there! Completely free!

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 26, 2017
This is a lot of fixes and additions. You sure are fast, thanks a lot for the release! Will make sure to test asap as well since I'm a playtesting whore.

Completely random idea as this may cause you to have to edit a lot of times but maybe something in the OP for bugs already mentioned, so we can test and report even faster without delaying your schedule? For those of you who are worried about the "nerfs", keep in mind you can just press F12 and have fun with the debugger (saveeditonline does not support MZ saves yet). Or even another key I'm not aware of, I know next to nothing about this engine. No idea how to access the debugging console on android/ios either, sorry.

kazhir

Jun 6, 2020
4 things,

First -is the 4th dog door is available, never was offered this one, always 1 and 3 very often, door 2 twice maybe.

2 - as a slave, i was able to sell fish to Sara, but not as peasant, don't know if it's a bug.

3 in the house of pleasure, after the first night, only 2 girls seem to use the place, am i right?

4 - on the dom route, with Violet, even if i weren't able to collect the 400g 3 times, she still said that it was my first offence, there yet, not sure if it's a bug

Oct 26, 2017
If you know of a fancy RMMV/RMMZ json-to-data/data-to-json converter, feel free to share. Going in blind like this isn't recommended as it will easily break things. (Referring to what this post is doing...)

I should really divide this into sections. Sorry for the formatting mess.

What has been tested and is working as intended after some minor tweaks:
- Mining and Fishing leveling
- Doghouse 4 roll

- [Major] Mining and Fishing will not be initialized in existing saves. You'll want to set variables 118 and 119 to 1 while playtesting or hitting a rock/fishing will not do anything at all. If there's a less quirky way to do so, feel free to share (you can also set it via JSON, but that's overkill)
Code:
$gameVariables._data[118] = 1
$gameVariables._data[119] = 1
- [Minor] Failing to mine will not deplete energy. May be seen as a feature. :)
- [Minor] Minutes could use zero padding when <10 to make them look less quirky (12:0 -> 12:00); hours isn't a problem the way it looks
- [Minor] Dog house 4 will never be rolled due to RNG rolling between 1 and 3, also sends to doghouse 1. May not be implemented yet. JSON fix? Two files to edit this time, as you have to edit the inn map and a common event. Backup the files, you know the drill.
in /data/CommonEvents.json, Line 23, Common Event ID 21
JSON:
replace Control Variables: #0057 Doghouseroller = Random 1..3

{"code":122,"indent":0,"parameters":[57,57,0,2,1,3]}

with Control Variables: #0057 Doghouseroller = Random 1..4

{"code":122,"indent":0,"parameters":[57,57,0,2,1,4]
in /data/Map013.json, Line 11 assuming you didn't format the JSON, or make sure it's Event ID 6 EV006:
JSON:
replace [Send player to...] Map014: Doghouse1 at coordinates(2,4)

"parameters":[0,14,2,4,0,0]

with [Send player to...] Map017: Doghouse4 at coordinates(2,4)

"parameters":[0,17,2,4,0,0]
(this is important as there are multiple entries, since it gets called twice, once for the actual dog house 1 and once for dog house 4)
4 things,
-is the 4th dog door is available, never was offered this one, always 1 and 3 very often, door 2 twice maybe.
Not available as RNG rolls between 1 and 3. It will never trigger the check for 4, but door 4 sends you to doghouse 1 anyway so I think it's intended by Crazy for now. Rest of your questions untested yet, sorry.

edit: This isn't hjson but "comments" were added in the code for better formatting and visibility. If you feel like I'm stepping on toes please tell me, Crazy, that's not what I'm trying to do here and I wouldn't want to be rude!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
This is a lot of fixes and additions. You sure are fast, thanks a lot for the release! Will make sure to test asap as well since I'm a playtesting whore.

Completely random idea as this may cause you to have to edit a lot of times but maybe something in the OP for bugs already mentioned, so we can test and report even faster without delaying your schedule? For those of you who are worried about the "nerfs", keep in mind you can just press F12 and have fun with the debugger (saveeditonline does not support MZ saves yet). Or even another key I'm not aware of, I know next to nothing about this engine. No idea how to access the debugging console on android/ios either, sorry.

Hey thank you for playing! I do enjoy working on the game and like to release when I can. That is actually a good idea, I can edit OP to show that. Also I use for bugs as well.

Good call on the F12. If you want to use a save editor use this one:

4 things,

First -is the 4th dog door is available, never was offered this one, always 1 and 3 very often, door 2 twice maybe.

2 - as a slave, i was able to sell fish to Sara, but not as peasant, don't know if it's a bug.

3 in the house of pleasure, after the first night, only 2 girls seem to use the place, am i right?

4 - on the dom route, with Violet, even if i weren't able to collect the 400g 3 times, she still said that it was my first offence, there yet, not sure if it's a bug

Hey.

1. It is not implemented and will be next update as I am going to be wrapping up all the things that are incomplete. This will be a big update and will take longer.
2. I'll write this down as a bug. You should be able to sell at any reputation if you have friendship with her.
3. Yes 2 girls. will be adding more next update.
4. At the moment the text needs to be updated every time. So, I left it to get the update out. However, I'll be updating this so she will mention it. "Wow, this is your second strike, idiot." So this needs to be adjusted.

I should really divide this into sections. Sorry for the formatting mess.

What has been tested and does work as intended after some minor tweaks:
- Mining and Fishing leveling, see below for workarounds

- [Major] Mining does nothing. Currently checking why. Actually, I think that's just because Mining Level isn't initialized in the event processing, so you never get to level 1. Same for Fishing. Set variables 118 and 119 to 1 while playtesting or hitting a rock/fishing will not do anything at all. If there's a less quirky way to do so, feel free to share:
Code:
$gameVariables._data[118] = 1
$gameVariables._data[119] = 1
- [Major] Due to the way it is handled, leveling above 5 will break Mining and Fishing. Maybe use >4 for the last checks for the time being instead of =5? You can cap yourself back at 5 by using the same method, or simply use this JSON snippet (please BACKUP your CommonEvents.json file before doing anything!)
in /data/CommonEvents.json, replace
JSON:
{"code":111,"indent":0,"parameters":[1,118,0,5,0]}
{"code":111,"indent":0,"parameters":[1,119,0,5,0]}
(If Fishing Level = 5, If Mining Level = 5) with
JSON:
{"code":111,"indent":0,"parameters":[1,118,0,4,3]}
{"code":111,"indent":0,"parameters":[1,119,0,4,3]}
(If Fishing Level > 4, If Mining Level > 4)
If you'd rather go with >=5, use 5,1 instead of 4,3 in the last two parameters
- [Minor] Failing to mine will not deplete energy. May be seen as a feature. :)
- [Minor] Minutes could use zero padding when <10 to make them look less quirky (12:0 -> 12:00); hours isn't a problem the way it looks
- [Minor] Dog house 4 will never be rolled due to RNG rolling between 1 and 3, also sends to doghouse 1. May not be implemented yet.

[placeholder]

edit: This is why I insisted on the backup. Don't replace right now, I fucked up with the argument order. There, fixed.

Not available as RNG rolls between 1 and 3. It will never trigger the check for 4, but door 4 sends you to doghouse 1 anyway so I think it's intended by Crazy for now. Rest of your questions untested yet, sorry.

Hey, don't worry everything here helps.

1. So, Fishing and mining levels are added on new saves but it seems it wasn't added to current saves. I can fix this.
2. I could have sworn I limited fishing and mining levels to 5. So the issue that you mentioned wouldn't happen.
3.Minning and fishing seem like they need a lot of fixes.
4. I may need you to explain on how to fix the minutes and how <10 will fix it =0?. I don't mind fixing it but I'm not sure what you mean.
5. You are correct 1-3 rng rolls because I haven't implemented doghouse 4 and will do so next update.

I AM WORKING ON A BUG FIX PATCH today. so I can at least get all these issues fixed especially with mining and fishing. Thank you for reporting the bugs.

Any plans for chastity belts?
If I can find art that shows chastity belts like icons at least sure. The worse case even if I add it, you won't see it on the character.

Reactions: dryidxp
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes