RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
Damn, I'm an idiot, I didn't even know about that MZ save editor... Thank you very much for sharing the link Crazy!

For the minutes, I'm not sure how to phrase it. Basically, your HUD is awesome (and it's even togglable now), but I haven't checked how you insert variable-based things, so if it's text, just preprend (or append) a zero for when minutes are <10 and it'll show as :00. Actually, since minutes go up by ten and there's only literally one case where this happens, you may as well prepend the 0 when it's exactly =0, unless you want to polish it for hours as well. Hopefully this makes more sense... If you plan to have a realtime-like counter at some point then yeah, might want to go with <10 as the check instead, even for minutes.

I usually do that shit with log10 checks because it's more convenient for padding but I don't think (vanilla) RM uses logarithmic functions...

Current -> New
0:0 -> 00:00 or 0:00
1:0 -> 01:00 or 1:00
[...]
22:0 -> 22:00
23:0 -> 23:00

I'll try to check the discord when I can. Thanks again for the quick reply to all of us!

Other than that, I'll leave it to much better coders to give suggestions on branches and stuff. I'm with you on using many checks as while this does look like bloat, this allows saves to remain compatible and players to test and set things in advance when the game is a long-term release (so, say, something you did in version 0.34 will already be there in 0.35 and you don't have to do it again). I think Teary (developer of Katalist) also does this and personally I'd say that's a good thing when working with RM. Hell, even Abereon does that for FantasM if I recall correctly. Lots of variables and switches all over the place, sure, but...

You aren't an idiot haha. I just used save editors before and I don't mind if you guys use it too! If that is how you enjoy the game then so be it.

Thank you! I am so glad you like the HUD! I just got the new HUD yesterday and was hoping it was nice lol.

Here, I'll show you how the time is currently set up.

1618775463763.png

Time system was a pain at first for me and I'm nervous to touch it and break something but hey if someone knows how to fix it! Then sure I'm all ears haha.

Yeah, I don't want to keep breaking saves or forcing you to start a new game and the checks do help that. Yeah its a lot of switches... and stuff and I'm sure Katlist has the same thing (I think I looked at his code before for the heck of it). Looking at other people's codes helps me with RPG. Well... sometimes because it's usually a mess tbh lol.

I think its worth the mess so people who have saves can still enjoy it.

Discord isn't forced upon and I like the idea of writing the bugs on here too.

Currently I am working on a quick bug patch to fix what people have caught. I just fixed minning and that... is a mess. I'm almost reconsidering a new system for minning lol. BUT If it works well then I wont be touching it.

Thank you for the report and I'm always happy to answer when I can. I just want to get these bugs fixed because the next update will take a lot of time because I want to fill the incomplete sections

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Harshville is possibly my favorite lewd game of all time, and this game is in a position to be as good, if it grows and has more scenes.

when i first discovered you can still "rent" a "room" at the inn with 0 gold? masterpiece.

please keep up the good work.

my major complaint would be the skeleton-esque town, where pretty much everything is barebones, but that's natural for an early game.

a few scene suggestions/thoughts:

why does being a mine-slave increase your rep? i guess because you prove to be able to do work, but i still think it should lower rep. not to compare your game to other stuff, buta part of harshville was that getting rep was difficult, so losing it felt awesome losing things means more if it means more to you.i agree that it should be a huge grind, but i think eventuallyit should be a bit harder to get high rep. in a specific rep based game, it's kind of a strategy, where by my 10th playthrough or so i'm thinking 2 days ahead for how to get into pleasentville

when you starve to death, you reappear in death's room and she's like 'oki back to life now have a good day'.i think maybe forcing MC to do something for death to get revived would make sense and be nice, be it surrendering money, rep, or her mouth. and it's MC/player's fault for not eating so it would be fair

i super duper hope you extend the 'owned by katie'route, i love the idea of being findommed by a slave and giving her your house because you're too horny to think[omgomgomg what if after you let her live with you, there are ways to lower her relation with you, and if it gets low enough she forces you to live in her old tent, so you're basically trading houses, and then you live in her tent from then on, and if you get her relation back up again you can beg to live with her in *her* house?)
also the broom stops working after doing chores once

i think that's about it, sorry about the whole giant rant, just really interested in this game, and i'm very glad you're making it, i hope everything goes very well

Reactions: Dipo69

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Harshville is possibly my favorite lewd game of all time, and this game is in a position to be as good, if it grows and has more scenes.

when i first discovered you can still "rent" a "room" at the inn with 0 gold? masterpiece.

please keep up the good work.

my major complaint would be the skeleton-esque town, where pretty much everything is barebones, but that's natural for an early game.

a few scene suggestions/thoughts:

why does being a mine-slave increase your rep? i guess because you prove to be able to do work, but i still think it should lower rep. not to compare your game to other stuff, buta part of harshville was that getting rep was difficult, so losing it felt awesome losing things means more if it means more to you.i agree that it should be a huge grind, but i think eventuallyit should be a bit harder to get high rep. in a specific rep based game, it's kind of a strategy, where by my 10th playthrough or so i'm thinking 2 days ahead for how to get into pleasentville

when you starve to death, you reappear in death's room and she's like 'oki back to life now have a good day'.i think maybe forcing MC to do something for death to get revived would make sense and be nice, be it surrendering money, rep, or her mouth. and it's MC/player's fault for not eating so it would be fair

i super duper hope you extend the 'owned by katie'route, i love the idea of being findommed by a slave and giving her your house because you're too horny to think[omgomgomg what if after you let her live with you, there are ways to lower her relation with you, and if it gets low enough she forces you to live in her old tent, so you're basically trading houses, and then you live in her tent from then on, and if you get her relation back up again you can beg to live with her in *her* house?)
also the broom stops working after doing chores once

i think that's about it, sorry about the whole giant rant, just really interested in this game, and i'm very glad you're making it, i hope everything goes very well

Hey. Harshville is my favorite game as well. I hope this game will become people's favorite as well eventually.

Skeleton-Esque town? Are you talking about the Lower class area? Yes, this is a huge WIP, and I'm slowly adding to it.

I agree with you; reputation, like other balances, needs a tweak. At first, yes, I wanted you to earn a reputation for doing jobs. BUT, it does make sense to lower the reputation.

See, in my game, reputation will have a slightly different purpose. I want to use it to unlock things and have people treat you somewhat differently. I love harshville, but once you drop down to a particular reputation, you could never go into Pleasantville. It would be best if you weren't blocked off from the middle class/high-class area, which is much nicer than the lower class. (at least for my game, I don't want that.)

Yeah, death from hunger is going to be fixed entirely. That was more of a placeholder, so you don't get a game over screen and start all over.

That's is a fun idea with Katie! I may consider something like that when you lose your house.

Not sure what you mean about the broom? It should reset every day. But I'll double-check.

Keep in mind next update, 2-3 weeks, I'll be looking at what I have and what I'm missing from the early stages and fixing that.

Don't apologize; I appreciate the feedback; it helps!

I am currently fixing bugs as we speak to get that out before I get busy/work on the new update. Leave you guys something to play with ;p

Oct 26, 2017
2-3 weeks is fine, gives us plenty of time for playtesting! You're already doing a pretty good job.

Yeah, I took a look at the code. Just need to look more closely at how you insert the time in there so we can give you better feedback.
Edited out the mining/fishing cap part as you are right, you *did* cap the mining/fishing level properly. I overlooked that event, my bad.

You also initialized the mining/fishing levels properly but this will require a fresh restart as the event no longer is available to those who have "seen" it (local switch A's already on). For the time being, if people don't want to mess with their JSON files, they can just use the save editor as you recommended (to initialize the variables) or just the console (remember to save afterwards).

Some residual stuff from previous versions, will further test asap:
- Time advance events setting the time rather than adding hours might still be able to send you back in time

Last edited:

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
it's possible that i tried to do chores twice in a row
i think maybe you can talk to her right after doing chores and she'll tell you you can do them but you can't untill the next day?
yea, by skeleton-esque towni just meant tjhat most of the stuff you do is kinda barebones and that most of the people that youtalk to will repeat the same thing and stuff

thank you for the response, and your game is already pretty good so far, and it's in the early stages, so i can't wait to see what new updates bring!

[ps, maybe a good way to handle 'still getting into the higher class towns with really low rep would be that you have to be marked as a slave or wear a specific[demeaning/humiliating] outfit or something before you go in? like so they know how to treat you and stuff
although people seem to know your rep pretty well already so maybe it's not necessary, but it could be fun]

you're doing great work, and i agree 100% with 262177,take your time. a far away update with awesome content is much better for everyone than a rushed update that doesn't add much and is just coming out so people aren't upset.the game is great so far<3

lohmeyer

Jul 18, 2017
It's really weird. I had the same error with initializing graphics as others but I checked the current version right now and it just works.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
2-3 weeks is fine, gives us plenty of time for playtesting! You're already doing a pretty good job.

Yeah, I took a look at the code. Just need to look more closely at how you insert the time in there so we can give you better feedback.
Edited out the mining/fishing cap part as you are right, you *did* cap the mining/fishing level properly. I overlooked that event, my bad.

You also initialized the mining/fishing levels properly but this will require a fresh restart as the event no longer is available to those who have "seen" it (local switch A's already on). For the time being, if people don't want to mess with their JSON files, they can just use the save editor as you recommended (to initialize the variables) or just the console (remember to save afterwards).

Some residual stuff from previous versions, will further test asap:
- Time advance events setting the time rather than adding hours might still be able to send you back in time
Yeah, I will post my long list of the to-do lists at the end of this post. I want to take a short break and fix/add stuff.

You are right though. I screwed up with mining/fishing. I fixed it now. I had if the mining level is above 5 it goes back to 5 however, I have if the fishing level is above 5 have MINNING go back to 5 rather than fishing. It was a slip-up on my part lol.

With bug fix patch it *should* push your level 0 to level 1. I have removed Switch A for mining.

Can you let me know where you say that time is set rather than added? I can probably fit that fix into the Bugfix patch that I'm almost done with.

Trying to fix the main things so you guys can still play without crazy issues. Thank you for testing and for the feedback!!

it's possible that i tried to do chores twice in a row
i think maybe you can talk to her right after doing chores and she'll tell you you can do them but you can't untill the next day?
yea, by skeleton-esque towni just meant tjhat most of the stuff you do is kinda barebones and that most of the people that youtalk to will repeat the same thing and stuff

thank you for the response, and your game is already pretty good so far, and it's in the early stages, so i can't wait to see what new updates bring!

[ps, maybe a good way to handle 'still getting into the higher class towns with really low rep would be that you have to be marked as a slave or wear a specific[demeaning/humiliating] outfit or something before you go in? like so they know how to treat you and stuff
although people seem to know your rep pretty well already so maybe it's not necessary, but it could be fun]

you're doing great work, and i agree 100% with 262177,take your time. a far away update with awesome content is much better for everyone than a rushed update that doesn't add much and is just coming out so people aren't upset.the game is great so far<3

This is fixed now. Thank you. Katie should tell you, you already cleaned the floors.

Yeah, sadly that is the downfall I don't want. Having things be repetitive and such. That is something I'll be working on on a larger scale.

Thank you I appreciate the kind words and the feedback!

It's really weird. I had the same error with initializing graphics as others but I checked the current version right now and it just works.
Huh, strange. But this is good news, you can play =0? I hope my bug fix patch doesn't break it lol.

Here is my todo list:

Village area:

- Finish the doghouses.

- Balance reputation.

- Write and implement Death’s affection path.

- Write and implement Ruby’s affection path.

- Write and implement Katie’s affection path.

- Complete Sam’s training offering.

- Add more to the Mayor.

- More Employment jobs that decrease and increase reputation.

- Fix starve to death and make it more of a loss than it is currently.

- Rewrite villagers that are affected by your reputation and to make sure secret shops are unlocked correctly.

- Add more life to the Inn area.

Low-Class area

- Complete the Trust track with Violet.

- Trust track that unlocks the ability to buy Peasant homes.

- Complete makeover for the bar- it is currently full of placeholders.

- Complete the Inn and have a Dom/sub-area.

- And more…

Oct 26, 2017
Oof, that's a huge todolist. But if you're confident you can do it without burning out that's okay I guess. Good luck and thanks a lot for your work!

Glad to know you've already patched mining/fishing, trying to hunt for the time passes ones, shouldn't take too long. If you need the event IDs and map IDs as well, just let me know.

Only two as far as I could tell. These will set hours to 19, so if you're still inside at, say 20:30, it will rollback to 19:30.
- When exiting the mines, if you stay past 19:50
- Pleasure House common event on exit, if you stay past 19:50

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Oof, that's a huge todolist. But if you're confident you can do it without burning out that's okay I guess. Good luck and thanks a lot for your work!

Glad to know you've already patched mining/fishing, trying to hunt for the time passes ones, shouldn't take too long. If you need the event IDs and map IDs as well, just let me know.

Only two as far as I could tell. These will set hours to 19, so if you're still inside at, say 20:30, it will rollback to 19:30.
- When exiting the mines, if you stay past 19:50
- Pleasure House common event on exit, if you stay past 19:50

Haha, It is. It will be much easier for me to work on these things when this month is over. I'll be doing little by little so I won't burn out and I'll also be taking a break. I just wanted this patch to go smoothly until I return with a bigger update lol. I'll make sure I don't get burnt out and be cautious! ( I know if I do too much too fast I'll get burnt).

Take your time I appreciate you doing that. I am holding off for the bug fix patch just to make sure I don't miss bugs people manage to report.

Hmm. I see the issue with that. I think I'll need to do what I do with Fishing, have 2 hours pass each time you mine ore. I'll see if that fixes it.

As for the pleasure house, I'll take a look.

Thank you so much =).

Oct 26, 2017
Back from a bit of testing. Took about 6 game hours to get to level 5 Mining - 13 Gold, 4 Silver, 34 Copper, 7 Full Energy potions used. So far so good, but completely forgot about something funny.

If you have a warp item such as, say, the Death Teleporter, you'll completely bypass the mining exit "penalties and bonus", which can't be easily prevented I think. Decent way imo would be to decrease hunger and hygiene on each successful strike, as well as give rep, but 1/5th wouldn't be balanced since we can get in with potions anyway. I'll leave that one to Crazy, but that'll also close the fast-forward or time rollback issue if you find a nice way to handle this with each action.

About to try out fishing but unless fishing was completely revamped, time passes by as you fish already and teleporting is irrelevant, won't cause issues.

edit: Oh snap, I forgot fishing took so long! Time to get hours in the negatives *cough*

Can mine all the way from 100 to 0 without collapsing on the spot since the energy check is outside but fishing won't prevent a player with 15 energy or less from fishing, causing them to insta-pass-out. (You technically require over 14 game hours for this to happen at full energy, though) - if you don't want it to happen, just throw a you are a too tired if Energy <= 15 exception and prevent from fishing? (If energy > 15 [fishing code] else [too tired use slave or something])

Double fishing items on a level up, apparently. Going to check this after I hit 5, heh. (Confirmed, and this causes a -30 Energy drain and 4 hours to pass. Ouch.)
"You got nothing, try again." when capping Fishing (due to the message at the end of the event processing, no big deal). 7 Full Potions, 144 game hours (due to the extra messages, at least I didn't collapse), loot was 12 Lobsters, 2 Crabs and 29 Trouts.

That's about it for the mining and fishing, looking good. Can't wait to test the House of Pleasure and the new stuff later! Also tested your skill HUD, nice touch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Back from a bit of testing. Took about 6 game hours to get to level 5 Mining - 13 Gold, 4 Silver, 34 Copper, 7 Full Energy potions used. So far so good, but completely forgot about something funny.

If you have a warp item such as, say, the Death Teleporter, you'll completely bypass the mining exit "penalties and bonus", which can't be easily prevented I think. Decent way imo would be to decrease hunger and hygiene on each successful strike, as well as give rep, but 1/5th wouldn't be balanced since we can get in with potions anyway. I'll leave that one to Crazy, but that'll also close the fast-forward or time rollback issue if you find a nice way to handle this with each action.

About to try out fishing but unless fishing was completely revamped, time passes by as you fish already and teleporting is irrelevant, won't cause issues.

edit: Oh snap, I forgot fishing took so long! Time to get hours in the negatives *cough*
I'm going to reply before I get busy again. Thank you again for testing!

Dang, I didn't even think about the Death teleporter and that is something... I may need to think about lol. See, With balance issues, I am debating if I should get rid of the potions and have them unlocked at a higher reputation like mid-class and make them more expensive. or maybe somehow limit them. I haven't decided yet. Maybe potions make it super easy, since gold isn't super hard to get.

Decreasing hunger, hygiene, and increase reputation per strike isn't a bad idea. So the effects will stay in the cave even if you teleport you still gain/lose.

Again, I don't want to make it a grind but currently I see that the potions aren't too hard to get and powerful.

So balancing is going to be my main focus in the coming weeks and it's a pain of my game dev lol.

As for fishing and mining, I think it's quicker to get fish with the bug fix patch (which will come out tonight after real-life stuff.)

What do you mean it takes longer;p Is the effect too long? or it's because it passes 2 hours?

Oct 26, 2017
Because it passes 2 full game hours, actually. Of course it's just a balancing thing so very low priority - but yeah, it'd take you an entire day (starting from 8 AM) to fish 8 times and then it's midnight. 10 minutes wouldn't seem very realistic either, as casting the fishing rod will take longer than fishing itself. I'm sure others will have better feedback on how to handle this!

Yeah, that was my point with the per action (just like fishing). Will help you solve the "I'm teleporting out" scenario, too, and you won't have to bother with event processing on exit. Of course, it's back to how much would be fair (probably best solved with a timeskip per strike, as this will void the potion hoarders issue).

If we want to keep it ungrindy, maybe 30 minutes per action for both mining and fishing? Even 1 hour is better than 2. As long as enough time is skipped, you can't spam reputation (you'd collapse in the mine when the day changes, even with full energy) and you can't stay there forever either. Again, it's just balancing, no need to overthink it, at this point all of us may just use *cough* negative hours, set their reputation to -1000 or have over 1 million gold (or go broke, all for the sake of testing).

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Because it passes 2 full game hours, actually. Of course it's just a balancing thing so very low priority - but yeah, it'd take you an entire day (starting from 8 AM) to fish 8 times and then it's midnight. 10 minutes wouldn't seem very realistic either, as casting the fishing rod will take longer than fishing itself. I'm sure others will have better feedback on how to handle this!

Yeah, that was my point with the per action (just like fishing). Will help you solve the "I'm teleporting out" scenario, too, and you won't have to bother with event processing on exit. Of course, it's back to how much would be fair (probably best solved with a timeskip per strike, as this will void the potion hoarders issue).

If we want to keep it ungrindy, maybe 30 minutes per action for both mining and fishing? Even 1 hour is better than 2. As long as enough time is skipped, you can't spam reputation (you'd collapse in the mine when the day changes, even with full energy) and you can't stay there forever either. Again, it's just balancing, no need to overthink it, at this point all of us may just use *cough* negative hours, set their reputation to -1000 or have over 1 million gold (or go broke, all for the sake of testing).

I took your suggestion and moved it from 2 hours to 30mins. At first, I realized I broke time... but then fixed that lol. I want to see how that feels and see what people think.

For mining, I did the same and for now, you lose energy and time moves 30mins ahead. When you leave the mine, it will give you a reputation and that's it. No more time travel.

As for potions people will hate me, but I have limited it to 1 potion per buy. Not sure if this will do anything or be annoying. Let me know what happens.

I'll be releasing this bug fix patch update soon. (15min from now I hope.)

Thanks again.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both Andriod and windows version has been updated. Only MEGA link for now. These should fix the main issues until I can work on the game again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for all the reports.

Oct 26, 2017
Excellent! Thanks a lot. Don't forget about real life, though! (I'm saying that but... it's already 11 AM here. Yikes.)

Still testing things until I collapse on my keyboard. Noticed Samantha (the maid) teaches her submission fetishes stuff just once, I take it that was intended?

edit: Holy shit that was fast. Downloading and reporting...

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Excellent! Thanks a lot. Don't forget about real life, though! (I'm saying that but... it's already 11 AM here. Yikes.)

Still testing things until I collapse on my keyboard. Noticed Samantha (the maid) teaches her submission fetishes stuff just once, I take it that was intended?

edit: Holy shit that was fast. Downloading and reporting...
Hahah. I will be taking the rest of the night off :p but I wanted to make sure this was out and fixed. I am grateful for your help and catching things!

yes,Samantha is limited to one time. I did that because of subpoint spam but that will go under balancing as well lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Good night it is then! Just tested mining and fishing, all good here. Level properly caps back to 5, no more double fishing. Residual message of "2 hours have passed" for fishing, but that's pretty minor really (both take 30 minutes). Mining exit works fine.

Potions capped to 1 seem to be a good thing, and looks like you can't buy more than 1 either so no accidental overbuying. It properly caps potions if you have more than 1 in your inventory. (You can still have all types, so hoarders shouldn't be too disappointed.)

Thanks for elaborating on Samantha, forgot about the fact she indeed gives sub points. Will read the full changelog and let others test and report!

Let's see how the rest of the community feels about it, but it's advancing pretty swiftly. (y)

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes