RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Oct 26, 2017
No worries about the next update, please take your time!

And yeah, not MV itself but symlinking everything to the MV nwjs folder allowed me to free this much space.
Glad your coder helped you so much with the game. :)

Your game shouldn't get much larger as long as it drops assets that are unused, especially audio.
(You won't lose those assets if they are the default ones, they're in your engine folder.)

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
No worries about the next update, please take your time!

And yeah, not MV itself but symlinking everything to the MV nwjs folder allowed me to free this much space.
Glad your coder helped you so much with the game. :)

Your game shouldn't get much larger as long as it drops assets that are unused, especially audio.
(You won't lose those assets if they are the default ones, they're in your engine folder.)
Thank you!

Here is a preview I posted on Discord last night.

This is also a code I decide to grab because it was easier that way hehe. Worth it! it's so fun to play with. I lost... a lot of gold.

But you can also win. SO, this will be unlocked when you reach level 5 trust with Violet to let you in the back. Still a WP.

I have a lot to work on but I'm excited =D.

Reactions: troy251 and kazhir

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit, that's pretty nice! You're going to go broke on plugins at this point, Crazy, watch out... lol.

Some of these can be a real pain to customize (reels, expectancy for each line set, etc). Pretty well made stuff, I've never seen this one but seems simple and straightforward. I hope I can get enough health and motivation to push something like that without any JS or scripting someday, just as a proof-of-concept of the default engine functions being able to create extreme things and because I'm beyond lunacy. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing it on the zone. Some of us don't touch Discord at all, heh.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Holy shit, that's pretty nice! You're going to go broke on plugins at this point, Crazy, watch out... lol.

Some of these can be a real pain to customize (reels, expectancy for each line set, etc). Pretty well made stuff, I've never seen this one but seems simple and straightforward. I hope I can get enough health and motivation to push something like that without any JS or scripting someday, just because... I'm beyond lunacy. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing it on the zone. Some of us don't touch Discord at all, heh.
Believe it or not this is actually all advanced eventing and no Java scripting needed! I spent money to support the creator of advanced eventing like these though. I thought she deserved it.

haha I believe in you! It’s okay if you get stuck and health comes first. My writers blocks has been annoying these days because the relationship system is huge and I need to create a way to gain hearts and such.

I only have a few ideas but working past that. Plus my insomnia has been horrible this month so gah.

Sure! I may share it on discord first but for previews I will try my best to share here as well :)

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Can't wait to look at the code to see if it's actual "vanilla" eventing or there's subtle trickery. ;)
Glad to see fellow developers using the engines to their full potential.

Since you're primarily a writer, I should maybe share one or two of the older (circa 2000) full yuridom RPGs the anonymous 2ch Japanese community has produced (not to mention many of these are actual jewels since no one has them anymore... except hoarders and archivists like us). They're all fanmade and mostly rely on dialogue (and have actual "sprite sex", which you can replicate pretty easily on modern engines with the sideview battlers). The catch, of course, is it requires you to be at least somewhat fluent in Japanese and, if you're not using a windows-based OS, virtual machine or windows emulator, requires you to add registry keys for the runtime package.

And yeah, they still use the RPG element, so there are both "battles" and domination/slavery/affection systems. The anonymous devs put so much effort in those series they actually added specific game overs for each enemy and specific reactions for each targeted (or targeting) battler, as in how the enemy reacts when someone in your party dominates them, or how your party members react when they get dominated by one of the girls, including very minor characters and completely random enemies. Funstuff, really.

While you can technically force even RPG Maker 2000/2003 to ignore a "proper" RTP installation and load provided assets (and include the full RTP or at least the used assets for those who don't want to or can't install it), it's not all that easy to do without massive tinkering. The games are super small in size but can easily last you dozens if not hundreds of hours, if you're into verbal abuse (lots of it) and don't mind old school sprite sex scenes.

You should be able to use text hookers even on RM2k if you can't speak the language but don't quote me on this. Getting it to work may be the hard part if you're not using a VM with an older Windows (Windows 7 or lower compatibility mode will be needed, and some of them won't work on 64-bit systems at all - OSes dropping 32-bit support don't really make this easier, reminds me of "you don't need MIDI files" and "DOS is dead")

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Wow. Can't wait to look at the code to see if it's actual "vanilla" eventing or there's subtle trickery. ;)
Glad to see fellow developers using the engines to their full potential.

Since you're primarily a writer, I should maybe share one or two of the older (circa 2000) full yuridom RPGs the anonymous 2ch Japanese community has produced (not to mention many of these are actual jewels since no one has them anymore... except hoarders and archivists like us). They're all fanmade and mostly rely on dialogue (and have actual "sprite sex", which you can replicate pretty easily on modern engines with the sideview battlers). The catch, of course, is it requires you to be at least somewhat fluent in Japanese and, if you're not using a windows-based OS, virtual machine or windows emulator, requires you to add registry keys for the runtime package.

And yeah, they still use the RPG element, so there are both "battles" and domination/slavery/affection systems. The anonymous devs put so much effort in those series they actually added specific game overs for each enemy and specific reactions for each targeted (or targeting) battler, as in how the enemy reacts when someone in your party dominates them, or how your party members react when they get dominated by one of the girls, including very minor characters and completely random enemies. Funstuff, really.

While you can technically force even RPG Maker 2000/2003 to ignore a "proper" RTP installation and load provided assets (and include the full RTP or at least the used assets for those who don't want to or can't install it), it's not all that easy to do without massive tinkering. The games are super small in size but can easily last you dozens if not hundreds of hours, if you're into verbal abuse (lots of it) and don't mind old school sprite sex scenes.

You should be able to use text hookers even on RM2k if you can't speak the language but don't quote me on this. Getting it to work may be the hard part if you're not using a VM with an older Windows (Windows 7 or lower compatibility mode will be needed, and some of them won't work on 64-bit systems at all - OSes dropping 32-bit support don't really make this easier, reminds me of "you don't need MIDI files" and "DOS is dead")

Haha, yeah. The person who made it is incredible and sells Advanced editing for different things. Even the relationship thing I have is advanced Eventing. it saves me so much time being able to work with the foundation rather than doing it from scratch so, I love it so far!

I sadly don't understand Japanese, I wish I did. I'm bilingual but English/Arabic lol. It would be cool to be able to translate games that have all that... cause that sounds amazing and something I'm trying to do! It sounds like they did put a lot of passion into it, I love that!

Text hookers?

Speaking of text. The guy who was making me the script for a crazy price finished and I can't wait to use it to its full potential. It will be so much easier for me to edit and create new Dialogues.

So Hopefully I'll be faster in that expect. With a little prewritten code I should be able to import without having to copy-paste line by line o.o

Oct 26, 2017
Oooh, nice. A revamped menu, and the changelog button. Not many games have that excellent little detail. Thanks a lot!

By the way - you probably already thought of it since you've kept battler data, but to save on variables and stuff, remember you can use the things hardcoded in RM to your advantage too (for example, class -> social class, and if you don't intend to have battles at any points or just lewd battles, you can easily recycle stats into what already is core content). Many lewd games that don't have battles use this.

This is, again, completely random but just in case you want to reuse that and you'll then be able to call, dynamically and retroactively rename actors way, way more easily, even the ones not controllable by the player (NPC). Kim technically is the only PC.

Kim
Swordsman -> Worm*/Slave/Peasant/Middle Class/Elite
Level -> Numeric representation of current social status (though she'd have to start at level 3, and you cannot level down to 0 or less, so more of an echelon split-up of above classes as there may be more things below pathetically submissive*)
XP -> Reputation (or progress/regression to next/previous "echelon" of current class)
HP -> Energy
MP -> Hunger
TP -> Hygiene

As for STR, DEF, AGI, LUK, MATK and MDEF, anything goes really. Unless you do plan lewd battles.
The bonus is you can use the sideview battler sprites for your out-of-battle lewd events, too.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Oooh, nice. A revamped menu, and the changelog button. Not many games have that excellent little detail. Thanks a lot!

By the way - you probably already thought of it since you've kept battler data, but to save on variables and stuff, remember you can use the things hardcoded in RM to your advantage too (for example, class -> social class, and if you don't intend to have battles at any points or just lewd battles, you can easily recycle stats into what already is core content). Many lewd games that don't have battles use this.

This is, again, completely random but just in case you want to reuse that and you'll then be able to call, dynamically and retroactively rename actors way, way more easily, even the ones not controllable by the player (NPC). Kim technically is the only PC.

Kim
Swordsman -> Worm*/Slave/Peasant/Middle Class/Elite
Level -> Numeric representation of current social status (though she'd have to start at level 3, and you cannot level down to 0 or less, so more of an echelon split-up of above classes as there may be more things below pathetically submissive*)
XP -> Reputation (or progress/regression to next/previous "echelon" of current class)
HP -> Energy
MP -> Hunger
TP -> Hygiene

As for STR, DEF, AGI, LUK, MATK and MDEF, anything goes really. Unless you do plan lewd battles.
The bonus is you can use the sideview battler sprites for your out-of-battle lewd events, too.

I am glad you and others like it!! I had to fight with the code until I realized I did something silly...it's always simple thing that ruins JS.

I'm terrified to enter the world of Battle in rpgmaker. There is sooo much to it. Personally, I wanted to stay away from it. There are games who do it well I think (like Katalist a game I recently enjoyed.) but even then I can get frustrated from battle games in rpgmaker lol.

HOWEVER, Part of me thought about the HP/MP/TP but not the swordsman ---> status. I honestly thought it was similar to make variables than mess with it. I'm inexperienced when it comes to that idea.

It's a great idea though!

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
PLS SHARE A UPDATE FOR YOUR GAME MAN, I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS UNIQUE HISTORY :WutFace::WutFace: (I know you
constantly working on this and you have my respect.)
Haha, I am grateful for you and the fact that you enjoy the game. Sadly, I know I usually have updates on Sundays but not this time. I need to fix A LOT of things and it will be a bit before I do. I'm busier than I was so I'm slower than before. but SOON.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020

Do you remmber when you told me about lewd Pixels?

This is Kim/player. Lol, it's a pain at first but I got the hang of it. However, clothes is a pain! But there are so many other things. But at least... this allows to to crawl around and you won't vanish!

1619594271585.png

There is a masterbation one that maybe fun to use.. Idk need to experment more lol.

Last edited:

devindev

Feb 1, 2018
I love the game so far - my first play through I found it incredibly easy to increase my reputation (and so I'm currently exploring the domination content, however, i do have my Mistress who I have kept inside the house). My next playthrough I'll intentionally mess up to end up with slave status.

I haven't read through all 21 pages (at time of writing) to see if anyone else mentioned these things to you, but here are a few things I found that I believe are bugs...with that said, I think #2 is the one that I dislike the most.

1. I talked to the auctioneer, but did not buy the house deed. However, everyone I talked with assumed I had bought the house already, and the dialogue suggested that I owned the house. I did not of course, the Auctioneer scoffed in my face when I tried to purchase it with less than 300g.
a. However, I was told by the lower class town owner that I'd have to pay her 400g per week. I did end up buying the deed soon after before the end of the week, so not sure If I would have to pay or not. !! Confirmed on slave playthrough, she shows up at the house which I don't own yet, and I'm unable to talk to her because I don't own the house. The guards say to talk to the boss, but they're blocking me from doing so. Note: when you pass out from exhaustion, it still spawns you at the house, but it also despawns the rent payment guards. !!
b. If you pass out from lack of energy then I ended up spawning outside the noble estate house, with 30 energy.
2. The day/night transitions by game clock. I get what you are trying to do, and I like it - the transitions etc. Some games make the user "go to bed" to change time. However, if I choose to go to sleep, then the transitions are in the state of how it was before I went to sleep. Example: It's night time when I decide to go to sleep (or if I pass out), but when I wake up, the game clock is 0800 but the transition is still night. It needs to be tied into the transitions so if I decide to restart the day, and change the game clock to 0800, then the transitions need to line up too.
3. It's possible to get over 100 energy by using potions. Was this intended?
4. Fishing xp is capped at level 5. However, I can still get xp, and I'll periodically get notified that I leveled up to level 5 again.
a. Fishing text says that 2 hours pass, but game clock does not reflect 2 hours later, it's still whatever time it is in. Because you have a macro running (which takes care of the game time in seconds/frames) which will not account for game time via variables, I believe you'd best be served by removing this text from game chat.
5. The bar job: If you try to work without first being told how to work, I wasn't able to clean tables. I was able to select work, but I wasn't given any explanations and wiping down the tables didn't work. I stumbled upon the explanations by chance and then after that, I was able to wipe down the tables during work time. On second play through, I was able to wipe down tables. Disregard this point.
6. If you decide not to pay rent, she doesn't check to see whether you can pay or not, you just go directly to the elites jail to serve. The two items that spawn in the jail are a one-gameplay use. Meaning, that if you use it, when you go back to jail again for 2nd or 3rd time to get your house deed taken away, those items don't respawn.
7. When it comes time to pay rent, they spawn outside, but you're still able to work inside farming reputation with your Mistress. Seems to me, that they should be knocking down my door, barging inside, and forcing a conversation that I can't get out of. I shouldn't be able to reset my days inside and farm reputation, is what I'm saying.
a. When you do 3 strikes and you're out, you do lose access to the home, but the Home Deed remains in your inventory.
8. Spider Employment Services - allows you to work without costing any energy. I believe this is an error, since it takes literally all day, and it changes the time to 1930, that if it costs zero energy, well it seems like it should take energy to work all day.

Not meaning to dishearten you at all, by these comments above. I adore the game, and looking forward to both more content and polished gameplay.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
I love the game so far - my first play through I found it incredibly easy to increase my reputation (and so I'm currently exploring the domination content, however, i do have my Mistress who I have kept inside the house). My next playthrough I'll intentionally mess up to end up with slave status.
Hey, I am so glad you love the game and I'm currently working hard on the next update which is currently 70% done but needs a lot of work.

I haven't read through all 21 pages (at time of writing) to see if anyone else mentioned these things to you, but here are a few things I found that I believe are bugs...with that said, I think #2 is the one that I dislike the most.
That's okay! Fresh eyes is always helpful and I love feedback.

1. I talked to the auctioneer, but did not buy the house deed. However, everyone I talked with assumed I had bought the house already, and the dialogue suggested that I owned the house. I did not of course, the Auctioneer scoffed in my face when I tried to purchase it with less than 300g.
Haha, poor soul! This will be fixed in the new update (that I'm working on now!)

a. However, I was told by the lower class town owner that I'd have to pay her 400g per week. I did end up buying the deed soon after before the end of the week, so not sure If I would have to pay or not. !! Confirmed on slave playthrough, she shows up at the house which I don't own yet, and I'm unable to talk to her because I don't own the house. The guards say to talk to the boss, but they're blocking me from doing so. Note: when you pass out from exhaustion, it still spawns you at the house, but it also despawns the rent payment guards. !!
The update I am currently on has revamped and fixed how renting works. This was an annoying bug and I'm hoping its fixed this time around. I have tested it multipul times but of course more people testing it will show me something I haven't seen.

The rent system as been really mean to me >.<. BUT should be fixed. You shouldn't be charged if you don't own the house. That is also a bug thank you.

I have also changed the area you spawn from exhaustion! I did that at first because of the guards. But, this new update should fix that.

3. It's possible to get over 100 energy by using potions. Was this intended?
No, it should not be possible. Is it giving you over 100? That is super odd, I have limitations in place!

4. Fishing xp is capped at level 5. However, I can still get xp, and I'll periodically get notified that I leveled up to level 5 again.
Yes, I had to cap it at level 5 at the moment. Hmm, I'll see why it keeps telling you that you are leveling when you... aren't lol. Thank you.

a. Fishing text says that 2 hours pass, but game clock does not reflect 2 hours later, it's still whatever time it is in. Because you have a macro running (which takes care of the game time in seconds/frames) which will not account for game time via variables, I believe you'd best be served by removing this text from game chat.
This is an error on my part where I wrote 2 hours but it's only:30mins.

6. If you decide not to pay rent, she doesn't check to see whether you can pay or not, you just go directly to the elites jail to serve. The two items that spawn in the jail are a one-gameplay use. Meaning, that if you use it, when you go back to jail again for 2nd or 3rd time to get your house deed taken away, those items don't respawn.
1. If you say, "no" to her, I made it so she thinks you are rejecting her and lying to her. Thus you get punished.
2. That is an oversight on my part, thank you. I'll fix that!

7. When it comes time to pay rent, they spawn outside, but you're still able to work inside farming reputation with your Mistress. Seems to me, that they should be knocking down my door, barging inside, and forcing a conversation that I can't get out of. I shouldn't be able to reset my days inside and farm reputation, is what I'm saying.
lol, I did notice this and rent has been revamped. Skipping days will accumulate debt now. 400,800,1600, and so on. So, if you skip, you will be punished.

a. When you do 3 strikes and you're out, you do lose access to the home, but the Home Deed remains in your inventory.
At first this was intended because you don't lose the home deed, you lose the land and the right to own the home. But... now I say that out loud. Yeah, I'll fix this. Thank you.

8. Spider Employment Services - allows you to work without costing any energy. I believe this is an error, since it takes literally all day, and it changes the time to 1930, that if it costs zero energy, well it seems like it should take energy to work all day.
Yeah you are right! This isn't how I intended it to be. In fact, I have changed this already. Because it made no sense and I think I over looked it. Thank you! It will no longer be all day and you will lose energy. Maybe 1-2 hours max.

I'm not sure if I said this already.

Systems I have revamped with new update:
1. Rent system.
2. Time system.
3. Sub/dom points.
4. relationship system.

This new update *should* be a bigger update with content and fixes.

Not meaning to dishearten you at all, by these comments above. I adore the game, and looking forward to both more content and polished gameplay.
Not at all, in fact, I am grateful for comments like these. They help a lot. I'll be working more on the game and use this as a reference to make sure I don't miss anything. Like I said, I have a lot to fix currently and taking my time. I too want it polished and give you guys more content.

Thank you for enjoying the game and taking the time to comment.

if you have any questions feel free to leave them here and I'll eventually get to it! if I missed anything, forgive me, it's 4:30am lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, that's a lot of feedback devindev... :oops:

Class-based interactions (dialogues mostly) were bugged in the previous release, Crazy's been working on it. This was mostly due to no trigger implemented for some stuff, so it would default to the first page.

+1 on removing extra messages to save yourself some work and copypaste, though this likely has been done in the upcoming release. Redundant messages can just go at the end of a conditional branch too.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
when new update comes?
Honestly, not sure. I have been super busy this month as I mentioned. But, I have still been working on the game and add a lot more than I expected I could.

right now I'm 60-70% done with the update. The 30-40% that is left May take longer than the 60-70% I have completed.

I know I tried to aim for weekly updates but like I said, real life was going to be busy this month and I had some annoying bugs that broke things that made me take longer.

All I can say is, I am working hard on it. It may come out next week or sooner. Depending on my free time and if bugs aren't annoying.

Damn, that's a lot of feedback devindev... :oops:

Class-based interactions (dialogues mostly) were bugged in the previous release, Crazy's been working on it. This was mostly due to no trigger implemented for some stuff, so it would default to the first page.

+1 on removing extra messages to save yourself some work and copypaste, though this likely has been done in the upcoming release. Redundant messages can just go at the end of a conditional branch too.
Yeah lots of helpful feedback. (from you also) I love when people do that.

Yeah, the class-based interactions are currently a big cluster. however, cross my fingers, I figured out a better way to fix this. most of the rest of the update will be me trying to write up new dialogue for the villagers up to the elite.

Are you talking about the fishing messages? Yeah, I don't want to annoy or have redundant messages lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Not just the fishing messages actually. Unless the dev you hired revamped everything (can't see through time, space and dimensions yet) pretty much every conditional branch or test - in both common events and individual ones - that handles the same results.

This will save you a lot of effort for dialogue. You'll still want to consider using variables for that for when you change things. Retroactive changes without breaking a sweat.

Not sure if MVSearcher handles that (itch.io apparently hates failsafe payment methods so I'll pass unless starlit accepts direct donations - and yes, also not using twitter because reasons - zero security platforms get zero trust treatment) but you can mass-replace code statuses, attributes and values in JSON in hundreds of files pretty easily with just about any text editor. Don't bother reformatting, the engine will overwrite it whenever you save by default (unless you've tweaked it of course).

Oct 26, 2017
DP but since that's an actual question... Did you keep the character maker-generated JSON files around in the deployment for other people to use with the default RTP assets?

That's obviously not a size issue (they only contain a small amount of data, ~10KB for each one) and a nice touch, but if you want less files in your project and it gets crowded, they are not required, they are temporary templates for you to import and export so you can easily recreate actors using RMMV and RMMZ's wonky character creation from the RTP. (Both makers also use different ways to do it, so not interchangeable by default.)

Sorry if that sounded offensive! Please keep up the good work, Crazy. :)

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes