RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
Updating nwjs will break the game completely. If the game doesn't run, there is a log file attached. When a log file has errors in it, you tell your audience to read the log and provide it so they don't get back to you with things you can't help them with.

The better alternative is to not use nwjs at all as this is completely useless for a text-based game and 300MB of dependency bloat. Simply provide them with the files ONCE, archive that somewhere for every verison you deploy to, and provide it in the OP. Or tell them to download RMMV/RMMZ and buy a license (or pirate it, doesn't matter) so they don't even need to bother with that crap. 300MB less bloat of locales, swiftshader and dependency bullshit.
You have a good point. The thing is I'm not experienced in creating a supported 32 version, if I knew how I'd love to do it. I tried researching it but nothing lol

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
It says that if katie gets to level 10, she will deal with violet. How do I level her up? Do you mean the Katie exp? or is there something else? Also is all of Katie content sub?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
It says that if katie gets to level 10, she will deal with violet. How do I level her up? Do you mean the Katie exp? or is there something else? Also is all of Katie content sub?
Katie will always be a Dom. I have already set Dom characters. Ruby, death, satan, and Katie.

It’s easy to level her up, at first it’s a pain you just clean the house and get exp that way.

I need to make a better way to do it. Because once you get past the first level it shouldn’t be too hard after if I remember correctly.

it needs more work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anonymous100

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
Katie will always be a Dom. I have already set Dom characters. Ruby, death, satan, and Katie.

It’s easy to level her up, at first it’s a pain you just clean the house and get exp that way.

I need to make a better way to do it. Because once you get past the first level it shouldn’t be too hard after if I remember correctly.

it needs more work.
how many exp do i need to level her up?

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
how many exp do i need to level her up?
Each heart is 10exp and the broom gives you 5 exp each time you use it. And then at a certain level talking to her she should give you the experience to level up. I didn't want it too grindy and not too fast.

I also don't want to be a typical rpgmaker where I'd make you go to Point A and point B.

Even though I did that with Amber lol. but that's cause the story!

Feel free to ask anything else.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anonymous100

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
Each heart is 10exp and the broom gives you 5 exp each time you use it. And then at a certain level talking to her she should give you the experience to level up. I didn't want it too grindy and not too fast.

I also don't want to be a typical rpgmaker where I'd make you go to Point A and point B.

Even though I did that with Amber lol. but that's cause the story!

Feel free to ask anything else.
Thanks for quick replies.

Oct 26, 2017
Testing a few things.

Olivia's soul gem stays on the map after use, effectively causing an "invisible wall" effect. Just a minor issue though as this doesn't really prevent the player from moving around.
Continuity: Death keeps parroting that you have Olivia's soul even after you "use" it - again, just dialogue, so no worries.

This one is more important. If you become dominant to Satan, Death will give you her teleporter, which can be upgraded after using Olivia's soul. The catch is using the teleporter to access her office will then have you meet Satan AND OLIVIA again.

And this one is gamebreaking, if you meet Violet directly from the south, you can guess what happens since she walks in that direction when she's done with Penny...

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
I'll have to test this further later, but it looks like that Death and Satan fuckup also locks you out of Ruby completely, in addition to making both Death and Satan wrongly comment on their respective progress and confuse the player.

Needless to say, I haven't tested the rest of the content yet, but that's a lot more content than last time. I'm not going to go crazy over all the typos and would like to thank you for taking the time to implement this much in one go, that was a lot more content than expected...

So, yeah, keep up the good work! Just be careful when you have a lot of content out, as obviously, this means just as many bugs. Make sure you can squash the bugs faster than you get the content out or you might get into the unfixable deadlock some devs get themselves into by going too fast. You wouldn't want to have to do a full revamp again, heh.

Edit: A typo. The irony...

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Olivia's soul gem stays on the map after use, effectively causing an "invisible wall" effect. Just a minor issue though as this doesn't really prevent the player from moving around.
I have put it on my bug list. Thank you.

Continuity: Death keeps parroting that you have Olivia's soul even after you "use" it - again, just dialogue, so no worries.
lol, basically a placeholder until I make more souls for your to collect! ;p

This one is more important. If you become dominant to Satan, Death will give you her teleporter, which can be upgraded after using Olivia's soul. The catch is using the teleporter to access her office will then have you meet Satan AND OLIVIA again.
well damn. I could have sworn I made sure that dom's teleporter doesn't have the office teleport. Dom gets a different teleporter than Sub.

Unless you mean if you go both routes, then yes, completely broken. damn.

I may have a fix for Satan. 90% I will move her event and have it happen earlier. (maybe better).
And this one is gamebreaking, if you meet Violet directly from the south, you can guess what happens since she walks in that direction when she's done with Penny...
Yeah, I see what you are saying! lol. added to the list.

but it looks like that Death and Satan fuckup also locks you out of Ruby completely, in addition to making both Death and Satan wrongly comment on their respective progress and confuse the player.
Ruby is locked out by design atm. Until I can figure out a relationship path for Doms with Ruby. Now, the Satan fuckup is the issue I need to fix and I feel like it will fix everything (I hope).

Needless to say, I haven't tested the rest of the content yet, but that's a lot more content than last time. I'm not going to go crazy over all the typos and would like to thank you for taking the time to implement this much in one go, that was a lot more content than expected...
Is it more? I want to make the wait worthwhile since it took a while! Thank you for the kind words! Typos are a work in progress as always.

Thank you for these reports! I may need to figure out a way for satan to appear earlier, maybe before you get a chance to have enough sub-levels to unlock the house of pleasure and get kicked out.

You know me, I hope, I do like to fix bugs ASAP. I do it before I even think about adding more content because like you said... an unfixable deadlock and that would drive me insane.

Know bugs of 0.40/0.40b:
Please let me know if there are any I missed.
  • -Peasent inn isn't reseting time correctly.
  • - Can throw souls you don't have into the pool. (Will double check as this may be more than one item in inventory)
  • -Katie will still show up in thehouse of pleasure and act familar. Same with rebbeca. (story issues)
  • -Choosing to be dominant for Satan after mting death in the house of pleasure locks the player out of Ruby's office.
  • -clock seems to be off by one hour for the day check.
  • -Bucket slave can only be spoken to one way.
  • -Empty face frames messing with dialogue display.
  • -Ruby's negative reputation check overrides the initial conversation.
  • -Farm slaves going "talk to mistress crystal!" even after the player casually talks to crystal.
  • -Sleep messege still indicates 30 rather than 75/50 (dog sleep).

My priority will be fixing these bugs before I implement any new content.

Thank you!

Reactions: cvbn28c

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, for the Death/Satan one, I completely understand why you did this but unfortunately, this "resets" Satan's story progress for dom-sub players (I tend to avoid the term "switch" to prevent confusion with actual game switches, lol).

In my case, I chose to be dominant, if this helps; this led to Death giving me her teleporter so I could still meet her - good move as Ruby's office being closed would indeed also prevent meeting Death in the office - but since you've already met Satan by this point, this effectively breaks things when you go visit Death, first Satan, who plays the sub scene and acts like she's never met you, and Death who also completely forgot she took you to her realm)

I hopefully plan to test Ruby stuff soon enough so you don't have to push yourself too hard with too many bugfixes or multiple hotfixes. This might have to do with only talking to Ruby after you meet Satan and choose to be dominant, so she tells you about it and locks herself up in the house of pleasure before even getting a chance to warn you about reputation. That's the spirit though, glad to see you prioritize fixing bugs first! :)

(If I have the time, I'll also deploy three copies - one for Android, one for Mac and one for Windows - to see if there's a way to cut on the dependencies, unless people really don't mind having to redownload each time and filehosts don't suddenly block your files for excessive bandwidth use reasons.)

And I hope we don't end up monopolizing the thread and preventing other fans from testing the game, because that would also greatly help! Thanks everyone.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah, for the Death/Satan one, I completely understand why you did this but unfortunately, this "resets" Satan's story progress for dom-sub players (I tend to avoid the term "switch" to prevent confusion with actual game switches, lol).
lol that its true, "switch" can be confusing.

In my case, I chose to be dominant, if this helps; this led to Death giving me her teleporter so I could still meet her - good move as Ruby's office being closed would indeed also prevent meeting Death in the office - but since you've already met Satan by this point, this effectively breaks things when you go visit Death, first Satan, who plays the sub scene and acts like she's never met you, and Death who also completely forgot she took you to her realm)
you have a great point here. I MAY Need to write out different pathes for each. Even though this may take longer. It will be better in the long run.

I hopefully plan to test Ruby stuff soon enough so you don't have to push yourself too hard with too many bugfixes or multiple hotfixes. This might have to do with only talking to Ruby after you meet Satan and choose to be dominant, so she tells you about it and locks herself up in the house of pleasure before even getting a chance to warn you about reputation. That's the spirit though, glad to see you prioritize fixing bugs first!
Thank you! ah I didn't consider this. you are right. I may have an idea on how to fix this.

(If I have the time, I'll also deploy three copies - one for Android, one for Mac and one for Windows - to see if there's a way to cut on the dependencies, unless people really don't mind having to redownload each time and filehosts don't suddenly block your files for excessive bandwidth use reasons.)
That would be kind. Last night for the life of me I tried to setup a macos VM to get a mac version of my game. I mean, I have all the files for it (rpgmaker gives them to me) it's just, I don't have a mac to repack them ;p So, if you need to files to mess with, I'll gladly give them to you. (the mac files)

And I hope we don't end up monopolizing the thread and preventing other fans from testing the game, because that would also greatly help! Thanks everyone.
Fair enough haha, anyone is free to discuss with me!!

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
I think I found a bug as well. If you already purchased the house deed and then submit to Katie then the next time you enter the house Katie will be blocking the way and the event will not trigger and will instead freeze.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
I think I found a bug as well. If you already purchased the house deed and then submit to Katie then the next time you enter the house Katie will be blocking the way and the event will not trigger and will instead freeze.
hmm. I'll have to double-check on this. I am assuming you bought the house deed, denied Katie. Changed your mind, went back to Katie, and then when you back home it tired to activate an event but instead... broke the game?

Oct 26, 2017
That would be kind. Last night for the life of me I tried to setup a macos VM to get a mac version of my game. I mean, I have all the files for it (rpgmaker gives them to me) it's just, I don't have a mac to repack them ;p So, if you need to files to mess with, I'll gladly give them to you. (the mac files)
You don't have to actually test the files you deploy, so unless you *really* want to go this far testing things, all you have to do is just deploy the versions, then the files you won't need ever again (except for the first download, of course) should be fairly obvious for each OS.

Also, pretty sure RMMZ comes with a pre-deployed environment as it copies its dependencies from this folder, so that makes it even easier. The executable doesn't contain any dependency by itself (only RMMV does this when you decide to pack the entire thing in the exe to avoid having redundant files all over the place) so we're actually both trying too hard here, lmao.

in /KADOKAWA/RPGMZ/ (replace with your MZ extraction folder - being a portable distribution addict, I always unpack instead of using the catastrophic Windows Installer leaving behind tons of .msi files, on linux you'd just apt-get the damn dependencies once and for all and be done with it, then update the packages as needed):

Browser/Android/iOS deployment is the easiest as you don't need anything extra at all, just the index.html and package.json files to let the web browser know how to handle this.

Not everything is required here but you can still include it all just in case.
Mac OS: /nwjs-mac/
Windows: /nwjs-win/ (you can safely skip all executables, they are not needed at all)

Either archive those folders directly and provide them as is, or copy each folder and remove what's not needed (for nwjs-win, that'd be the executables and credits.html at the very least). If you want to cut on even more space, remove swiftshader and all locales that aren't en-US (you need at least one locale for Game.exe to run and it's the default fallback - this is completely useless if you aren't using localization in your game, and even so, I'm fairly sure this is how the Game.exe process itself behaves and translates stuff, not the actual game).

I can do it for you if that's too confusing but if you went as far as trying a VM, I'm sure you'll manage!

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
You don't have to actually test the files you deploy, so unless you *really* want to go this far testing things, all you have to do is just deploy the versions, then the files you won't need ever again (except for the first download, of course) should be fairly obvious for each OS.

Also, pretty sure RMMZ comes with a pre-deployed environment as it copies its dependencies from this folder, so that makes it even easier. The executable doesn't contain any dependency by itself (only RMMV does this when you decide to pack the entire thing in the exe to avoid having redundant files all over the place) so we're actually both trying too hard here, lmao.

in /KADOKAWA/RPGMZ/ (replace with your MZ extraction folder - being a portable distribution addict, I always unpack instead of using the catastrophic Windows Installer leaving behind tons of .msi files, on linux you'd just apt-get the damn dependencies once and for all and be done with it, then update the packages as needed):

Browser/Android/iOS deployment is the easiest as you don't need anything extra at all, just the index.html and package.json files to let the web browser know how to handle this.

Not everything is required here but you can still include it all just in case.
Mac OS: /nwjs-mac/
Windows: /nwjs-win/ (you can safely skip all executables, they are not needed at all)

Either archive those folders directly and provide them as is, or copy each folder and remove what's not needed (for nwjs-win, that'd be the executables and credits.html at the very least). If you want to cut on even more space, remove swiftshader and all locales that aren't en-US (you need at least one locale for Game.exe to run and it's the default fallback - this is completely useless if you aren't using localization in your game, and even so, I'm fairly sure this is how the Game.exe process itself behaves and translates stuff, not the actual game).

I can do it for you if that's too confusing but if you went as far as trying a VM, I'm sure you'll manage!
Hmm. You are right though, rpgmaker makes it easy. Windows is the easiest.

Android/web I pack it and it seems to work on phones so far.

Mac is the hardest. Don’t I need to repack it? That’s what is confusing me. I deploy it, it gives me files, and then what? Don’t you convert it into ipa? Or I’m I trying too hard and doing it wrong?

I’m sure you have seen what rpgmaker spits out when you deploy a Mac version?

I didn’t ignore anything you said. Everything you said is helpful since I have noticed game slowly increasing size :(

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
hmm. I'll have to double-check on this. I am assuming you bought the house deed, denied Katie. Changed your mind, went back to Katie, and then when you back home it tired to activate an event but instead... broke the game?
Nevermind, for some reason it works now

Mar 17, 2021
Crazy, just wanted to say thank you for the hard work you put into this project of yours! Just as an encouragement, don't get discouraged (you're doing great!), and don't become overwhelmed.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Crazy, just wanted to say thank you for the hard work you put into this project of yours! Just as an encouragement, don't get discouraged (you're doing great!), and don't become overwhelmed.
Thank you, that is kind of you to say! I try my best and hope for the best. but everyone here encourages me and that helps!

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. You are right though, rpgmaker makes it easy. Windows is the easiest.

Android/web I pack it and it seems to work on phones so far.

Mac is the hardest. Don’t I need to repack it? That’s what is confusing me. I deploy it, it gives me files, and then what? Don’t you convert it into ipa? Or I’m I trying too hard and doing it wrong?

I’m sure you have seen what rpgmaker spits out when you deploy a Mac version?

I didn’t ignore anything you said. Everything you said is helpful since I have noticed game slowly increasing size :(
The idea behind dependencies as I'm sure you already understood is something you just provide once and is not something you're supposed to run (libraries). For Windows, we usually have DLLs. It also includes binary files (I'm a complete idiot when it comes to nwjs because I hate that shit so apologies if I'm spouting complete nonsense) that Node.js, or webkit, or whatever-the-fuck Chromium pretends it requires even when you're not going to touch it at all. (Same reason I go crazy at people using jQuery for their one-liners really, problem is here, you don't even have a choice, as unless your audience has RMMZ, they will also need those goddamn DLLs that aren't even intercompatible - neither backward nor forward - to get the thing to run, except for JUST one, D3D compiler if they already have it installed, which is true in most cases...)

The hardest part without a tool is removing the duplicate files manually, with a script or with one of the tools I mentioned earlier. Make sure you target your project's root when doing this so you don't end up accidentally removing duplicates your game uses (duplicate assets with different names are a thing, a very bad dev habit as this should normally not exist, and if one of them is missing, nothing will run and the user will get a 404 in the console and a nice missing file: <filename> in the process). If you're including dependencies, this also means you'll be removing the stuff you don't need, and since RMMZ is fucking dumb and bloated (everything went south after RPG Maker 2000), it will - by default, and there's no way around it without modding it, and if you bought it on Steam, why hello there DRM don't fuck with this or forget about all the DLC you've bought, Valve knows what's best for you and we reserve the right of lubing your backdoor - include all of the dependencies. AGAIN.

But yeah, for Mac and Android application-based deployment, it gets a bit more complicated. IPA and APK just are archives in the end, but you can't exactly tamper with them too much without breaking things.

So, the tl;dr is, this may help with the Windows version but... this might not work so well for Mac and Android application users unless they use the browser version, as it doesn't even have dependencies at all, so you don't even have to worry about anything there and the web version already is as small as it can get as far as I can tell.

(For zoners going what the fuck are they talking about and is this related to Death's Punishment, not really, lol. The point is you guys probably have myriads of nw.dll files sitting around and never paid attention and just decided to buy more storage when you can literally save gigabytes depending on how many games you installed and your file system will thank you for keeping it clean.)

[The wall of text ends here for now]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes