RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
I think I've explored the entire game for now. I really enjoyed it especially enjoyed the Katie moving in path. The only thing that I'd feel would make it better was if we could choose the MC's gender but I can understand if that feels like too much work for you. All I can say is keep up the good work and thanks for the game! P.S. may I know what are your plans for the next update?

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
The idea behind dependencies as I'm sure you already understood is something you just provide once and is not something you're supposed to run (libraries). For Windows, we usually have DLLs. It also includes binary files (I'm a complete idiot when it comes to nwjs because I hate that shit so apologies if I'm spouting complete nonsense) that Node.js, or webkit, or whatever-the-fuck Chromium pretends it requires even when you're not going to touch it at all. (Same reason I go crazy at people using jQuery for their one-liners really, problem is here, you don't even have a choice, as unless your audience has RMMZ, they will also need those goddamn DLLs that aren't even intercompatible - neither backward nor forward - to get the thing to run, except for JUST one, D3D compiler if they already have it installed, which is true in most cases...)

The hardest part without a tool is removing the duplicate files manually, with a script or with one of the tools I mentioned earlier. Make sure you target your project's root when doing this so you don't end up accidentally removing duplicates your game uses (duplicate assets with different names are a thing, a very bad dev habit as this should normally not exist, and if one of them is missing, nothing will run and the user will get a 404 in the console and a nice missing file: <filename> in the process). If you're including dependencies, this also means you'll be removing the stuff you don't need, and since RMMZ is fucking dumb and bloated (everything went south after RPG Maker 2000), it will - by default, and there's no way around it without modding it, and if you bought it on Steam, why hello there DRM don't fuck with this or forget about all the DLC you've bought, Valve knows what's best for you and we reserve the right of lubing your backdoor - include all of the dependencies. AGAIN.

But yeah, for Mac and Android application-based deployment, it gets a bit more complicated. IPA and APK just are archives in the end, but you can't exactly tamper with them too much without breaking things.

So, the tl;dr is, this may help with the Windows version but... this might not work so well for Mac and Android application users unless they use the browser version, as it doesn't even have dependencies at all, so you don't even have to worry about anything there and the web version already is as small as it can get as far as I can tell.

(For zoners going what the fuck are they talking about and is this related to Death's Punishment, not really, lol. The point is you guys probably have myriads of nw.dll files sitting around and never paid attention and just decided to buy more storage when you can literally save gigabytes depending on how many games you installed and your file system will thank you for keeping it clean.)

[The wall of text ends here for now]
This helps me in the long run, I'll have to look more into it. YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NICE? If rpgmaker's "check unused" didn't delete important files.

I thought I had figured it out but now, with the new title, it keeps deleting it and it's frustrating. Honestly, I may just give up on Mac and focus on Windows and Andriod. It would be easier for me to clean up extra nonsense for windows though. I'll take a look at the things you mentioned!

Thank you for your insight as always. Always learning.

I think I've explored the entire game for now. I really enjoyed it especially enjoyed the Katie moving in path. The only thing that I'd feel would make it better was if we could choose the MC's gender but I can understand if that feels like too much work for you. All I can say is keep up the good work and thanks for the game! P.S. may I know what are your plans for the next update?
I am happy you liked it!

Making it two genders is tough, I'd have to rewrite a lot and I would rather not do that since I'm basically filling a niche and my kinks as well. (lesbian/yuri, female domination, feet, etc.)

Maybe if I ever finish this game (which will be awhile tbh) I'll dabble with new things. We will see.

Anyways as for your question.

Next update goals.
  • BUG FIXES. (this is where I always start every patch.)
  • A completely new job in the low class that I started to write. I am thinking it will be a much better money maker. But, it's submissive content. this will include violet's trust and her too! (you will learn more about her twisted ways)
  • A new Amber and her crew scene. (It's going to be tough to move them to the middle-class area. the map is completely done, it has been done since I started the game. Same with High class. BUT ITS EMPTY. no interiors no people.
  • 2 more scenes for Dom side Pearl.
  • 4 new characters.

These are things I have already thought of. But there may be more. I still want to figure out a slave system that works well. I typically write when I get inspired.

Reactions: Anonymous100

Oct 26, 2017
This helps me in the long run, I'll have to look more into it. YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NICE? If rpgmaker's "check unused" didn't delete important files.

I thought I had figured it out but now, with the new title, it keeps deleting it and it's frustrating. Honestly, I may just give up on Mac and focus on Windows and Andriod. It would be easier for me to clean up extra nonsense for windows though. I'll take a look at the things you mentioned!

Thank you for your insight as always. Always learning.
Eh, I'm learning as well, so it's all good, lol.

As for the remove unused assets, unless it's RMMZ being dumb as usual, it's likely deleting assets that have similar filenames. RPG Maker is case-insensitive and also ignores some characters, so this may lead it to remove files that are needed. You learn that the hard way with Ren'py as Ren'py automatically tries to compile .rpy files it finds in the folder into Ren'py python bytecode (.rpyc) so when you make backups, it's a good idea to keep those files outside of the active folder, or first make sure there is no compiling process going on.

On this topic, by the way, make sure you wipe all the .txt and .bak files in your deployment version, lol. The tileset .txt files are completely useless and your own backups (assuming they're your development backups) aren't really all that needed either, but this is just really nitpicking on the amount of files here. Don't worry about the error log, it's automatically created.

Lastly, if you're concerned about timestamps, RMMZ and RMMV both perform a write operation (even if nothing changed) when you playtest, but RMMZ at least prompts you and asks if you want to "save changes" (usually just a folder you expanded, which shows up in MapInfos.json to memorize how to expand your project on next boot, but the engine is stupid enough to overwrite files that haven't had anything changed and have the same exact hashes, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-512, MD5, you name it).

If you want to avoid accidents here (so you don't end up going "wait this was modified... but I didn't touch it"), either keep in mind the list of files that automatically get overwritten (so your muscle memory ignores them when checking your development progress), make those files read-only (if you do touch them, your changes won't be saved though, and it's highly likely the engine will yell at you) or simply archive /data/ and /js/ RIGHT before playtesting, so you can extract and overwrite if something went wrong to restore the timestamps without doing it in a more hacky way.

Files that will automatically change on playtesting in RMMZ (if you don't know what they are, though most are self-explanatory, go ahead and ask, beats the RPG Maker community when 30 days without a post gets a thread closed when you dare reply because in spite of being extremely polite, they really are a bit too uptight about such rules...)
/game.rmmzproject
/package.json
/index.html
/js/plugins.js
/data/MapInfos.json
/data/System.json
/data/Tilesets.json
/data/CommonEvents.json
/data/Animations.json
/data/States.json
/data/Troops.json
/data/Enemies.json
/data/Armors.json
/data/Weapons.json
/data/Items.json
/data/Skills.json
/data/Classes.json
/data/Actors.json

For RMMV, pretty much the same except a MV project has the .rpgproject extension and a different header.

Oct 26, 2017
While I'm at it, a few suggestions for "bachelorettes" since you'll likely be hitting a lot of snags with the dom/sub business:
- Enable their switch the first time they are talked to (even Ruby can't be missed since she won't disappear until talked to); this one should pretty much fix all four of them regardless of dom/sub status.
- Noticed you used a whole different map for the dom route for the house of pleasure, lol. Maybe a "Play Submissive/Dominant" prompt (checking both levels) for dom/sub instead of a separate page would help, though this may cause more inconsistencies with characters you've already met if not properly checked.

This pretty much explains the whole Ruby situation so guess if there's anything that needs testing, I'll just keep checking.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Enable their switch the first time they are talked to (even Ruby can't be missed since she won't disappear until talked to); this one should pretty much fix all four of them regardless of sub/dom status.
I agree, you are right, I should have done this from the get-go. But hindsight 20/20 and thankfully not a hard fix.

- Noticed you used a whole different map for the dom route for the house of pleasure, lol. Maybe a "Play Submissive/Dominant" prompt (checking both levels) for dom/sub instead of a separate page would help, though this may cause more inconsistencies with characters you've already met if not properly checked.
lol, yeah I thought I said this earlier but I must have gotten distracted.

I did this because the door was already a mess. and it would make it easier for me to get a strict dom path that keeps you from screwing with Sub.

Its so I didn't have to deal with sub and dom crossing and causing more bugs. lol

This pretty much explains the whole Ruby situation so guess if there's anything that needs testing, I'll just keep checking around!
Yeah, I think I'll be doing a lot of writing for dom path and try to fix these issues. ALSO please enjoy my game. I hope you do ;p since you keep kindly finding my bugs haha. (which I do appreciate it, but you deserve fun!)

Thank you for your previous post btw. not ignoring it or anything! haha.

M1tch3l

Sep 16, 2019
just started playing the game, really liking it so far too bad there aren't alot of lezdom games.
When can we expect the next update?

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
just started playing the game, really liking it so far too bad there aren't alot of lezdom games.
When can we expect the next update?
I am glad you like it! Yeah, not enough lezdom games with my kinks =(.

As for updates, I like to say whenever it comes it comes. Since I work a lot in real life and I do this for fun.

Worse case it's 3-4 weeks now since I typically release bigger updates that way. Bug fixes come out as soon as I can.

The next patch may need 3-4 weeks as I need to fix a lot of bugs. But we will see. I can't guarantee any set dates anymore.

mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
Ok so this is just me being curious. Not a rant or anything. In all the RPG games I've played I've never seen characters being able to talk only from one direction. I thought RPG maker auto handled it. Why does it seem like in your game you have to code them to be able to respond to other directions?

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Ok so this is just me being curious. Not a rant or anything. In all the RPG games I've played I've never seen characters being able to talk only from one direction. I thought RPG maker auto handled it. Why does it seem like in your game you have to code them to be able to respond to other directions?
Which characters are you having this issue with? I updated a lot of them before hand to make sure they don't do that anymore.

I did this because of the sprites when you "bow down" they would vanish and that is why you have fixed faces.

The 3 girls on the bench is because they all talk in the same time and I didn't want to break anything.

There shouldn't be a lot that you are forced in one direction, if you see any of them, please let me know! I want to fix them.

mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
Which characters are you having this issue with? I updated a lot of them before hand to make sure they don't do that anymore.

I did this because of the sprites when you "bow down" they would vanish and that is why you have fixed faces.

The 3 girls on the bench is because they all talk in the same time and I didn't want to break anything.

There shouldn't be a lot that you are forced in one direction, if you see any of them, please let me know! I want to fix them.
None! So dw , just wanted to know why that used to be caused.

Oct 26, 2017
Off the top of my head, the bucket slave and Katie at least do this. There are others, but it'll be hard to fix everyone.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Off the top of my head, the bucket slave and Katie at least do this. There are others, but it'll be hard to fix everyone.
Yup! but at least from now on going forward you won't see this anymore. but it would be nice to fix the ones that are still stuck.

I'm going to be testing a way to have Satan's path come earlier. So today should be an adventure. (if I get time)

it did thanks
Yay I am glad!

It is R or C, one is for the stats (sub and dom) and the other it is what you are looking for.
Thanks for this!

Sooner or later I'm going to annoy players and place a big text on how to toggle stuff and toggle the annoying text as well ha! maybe... everyone will remember this way. or hate me. either way.

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
Yup! but at least from now on going forward you won't see this anymore. but it would be nice to fix the ones that are still stuck.

I'm going to be testing a way to have Satan's path come earlier. So today should be an adventure. (if I get time)

Yay I am glad!

Thanks for this!

Sooner or later I'm going to annoy players and place a big text on how to toggle stuff and toggle the annoying text as well ha! maybe... everyone will remember this way. or hate me. either way.
the stats still have black icons

Oct 26, 2017

Please take your time! Wouldn't want you to burnout either.
The easiest way would be a readme.txt file (or use another extension if you automatically wipe your txts) but readme files are like wikis, nobody ever reads the readme files... or the fucking manual, for the good old analogy. RTFM and all that. I mean, it's in the changelog, and you can access the changelog within the game menu, so you're already spoonfeeding the community quite a lot there, heh.

A readme is always useful for stuff like changelogs, people you credit (for scripts and assets) and obscure key bindings.
it did thanks
This worked? Well shit, now I stand corrected about nwjs, but I still have to figure out why you need bazillions of DLLs and it won't care about whether newer or older, not even if it already has the goddamn libraries in it... (Makes sense if you're on phone though.)

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Please take your time! Wouldn't want you to burnout either.The easiest way would be a readme.txt file (or use another extension if you automatically wipe your txts) but readme files are like wikis, nobody ever reads the readme files... or the fucking manual, for the good old analogy. RTFM and all that. I mean, it's in the changelog, and you can access the changelog within the game menu, so you're already spoonfeeding the community quite a lot there, heh.

A readme is always useful for stuff like changelogs, people you credit (for scripts and assets) and obscure key bindings.This worked? Well shit, now I stand corrected about nwjs, but I still have to figure out why you need bazillions of DLLs and it won't care about whether newer or older, not even if it already has the goddamn libraries in it... (Makes sense if you're on phone though.)
Haha, I have been taking a break and may take more days off. I do write here and there though. I may have to include it in every changelog ;p until I figure a better way. you are right about the notepad.

Yeah idk why so many dlls. lol but I'm glad it worked for him.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes