RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Oct 26, 2017
If you want a quick and easy way to track this, you can (re)use variables for interaction progress. Unless you plan to have thousands of unique NPCs (and events) in town, they can then be tracked by their event ID. If this confused the hell out of you, each event has an unique ID in addition to its map ID, so you just assign a variable range (makes things much more readable and also keeps things easy to debug), say, 2000...3000, and script it so you don't have to get a headache whenever you need to set or get values.

If this is still far too complicated, you can assign them manually, but that'll take time and break saves if the variable ID moves around between versions, so make sure you use the near-end range and stick to those IDs. Afaik RMMV/RMMZ doesn't actually keep track of unused variables between ranges if you set the "array length" (number of variables) to 5000, though if it does, well yeah, that's a lot of JSON null to parse...

tl;dr: You can easily implement this without worrying too much about it. :)

pre-emptive edit: The post was a wall of text. 90% of it was removed.

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
If you want a quick and easy way to track this, you can (re)use variables for interaction progress. Unless you plan to have thousands of unique NPCs (and events) in town, they can then be tracked by their event ID. If this confused the hell out of you, each event has an unique ID in addition to its map ID, so you just assign a variable range (makes things much more readable and also keeps things easy to debug), say, 2000...3000, and script it so you don't have to get a headache whenever you need to set or get values.

If this is still far too complicated, you can assign them manually, but that'll take time and break saves if the variable ID moves around between versions, so make sure you use the near-end range and stick to those IDs. Afaik RMMV/RMMZ doesn't actually keep track of unused variables between ranges if you set the "array length" (number of variables) to 5000, though if it does, well yeah, that's a lot of JSON null to parse...

tl;dr: You can easily implement this without worrying too much about it. :)

pre-emptive edit: The post was a wall of text. 90% of it was removed.
hmm, for violet I do use variables. I think I'm not sure if you noticed OR I am miss understanding you.

I have never used IDs tbh. I know about map ids and event ids but didn't know you could do much with them unless scripting/plugins etc.

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, you understood quite well - her trust variable can indeed be useful later on. There should be refs and docs over at RPG Maker forums but I don't post there as you already know since they tend to be a bit too uptight on very minor rules (and something as insignificant as a one-day late necro - when the rules aren't even updated on what does constitute necroposting - is enough to raise a red flag for newcomers so you'd better not value your account).

Also, forgot to congratulate you on the increasing (and correct) use of mini H-animations with sprites as well as animation effects (the soul skull, the portal dark effect, as well as Satan's bitchkick), which is something many users might get addicted to if done right. You've been learning quite a bit - many things can be done with the default resources, keep it up!

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Nope, you understood quite well - her trust variable can indeed be useful later on. There should be refs and docs over at RPG Maker forums but I don't post there as you already know since they tend to be a bit too uptight on very minor rules (and something as insignificant as a one-day late necro - when the rules aren't even updated on what does constitute necroposting - is enough to raise a red flag for newcomers so you'd better not value your account).

Also, forgot to congratulate you on the increasing (and correct) use of mini H-animations with sprites as well as animation effects (the soul skull, the portal dark effect, as well as Satan's bitchkick), which is something many users might get addicted to if done right. You've been learning quite a bit - many things can be done with the default resources, keep it up!
Yeah.. the fourms is very very strict. you can find A LOT of useful assets and information, don't get me wrong. But, I understand what you are saying.. strict haha. I'll look into it! Thank you as always.

haha, thank you! I have had a lot of fun with the H-animations and the animation effects. I'm not sure why I didn't use it at first, but, I think I've grown to enjoy working with it that I do want to keep using it when I can.

I do hope players enjoy it ;p

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Hey everyone I just wanted to give everyone who isn't on my discord an update.

I took a nice 2 weeks to break for my self and I'll be getting back into it. So, the bad news is, it may take a few more weeks to get an update.

Another bad news is that life is about to get busy again like it did in April. All is well in life but some personal/work stuff is going to ramp up and I'll have more life things to balance. (all good things!)

The good news is that 2 weeks helped me get refreshed and ready to get content written again and work on content.

My current goal is to see if I can finish up the low-class map. If you didn't know, Middle class and Elite maps are actually done and they are huge (externally-nothing done inside!). I haven't decided what to do on the size of the game and such but if I start on another map it will be bad. So, I'm taking it one step at a time.

There is so much to work on!

I'm always open to suggestions and if you are shy you can DM me here or discord if you want to talk about the game or anything I'm a chatterbox. This actually helps me with my writing believe it or not. you could say 1 thing and I could end up creating something in my head.

Anyways! That's my update. Thanks for being patient with me and thanks for following my game!

Oh, personally I'd want to bring you guys a big patch then streaming in new content week by week. I rather not feel rushed or anything and I don't think giving you small patches unless its bug fixes is as great. (I don't know, maybe others would rather have it now now now ;p)

Enjoy your weekends =D I'm always around.

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
Great to hear that you had a break! You definitely deserve it. As for questions about the game, there is only one right now since I think I did all there is to do so far. What's your plans for next update other than working on the low class map?

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Great to hear that you had a break! You definitely deserve it. As for questions about the game, there is only one right now since I think I did all there is to do so far. What's your plans for next update other than working on the low class map?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

So, I don't want to promise anything. Currently, I'm NOT working on any of the main girls like the goddesses or the story.

What I already have that isnt fully written down is;

- Penny's 'end' story. sorta.
- New Job that splits between doms/subs
- Another new Job that is connected to Penny's story.
- A few new characters around the town.
- Implement the farm job

These are my current ideas. There is a lot of empty space and I'm still figuring out how to make it fresh and new to fill lol. That is why I'm always up for suggestions to spark up inspiration ;p

Once I'm finished with the big patch like this I'll get a smaller patch to finally fix the bar and the inn from being riddled with placeholders! lol. I wanted to save that for later.

So that is what I have in my head currently.

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the report Crazy!

Don't worry too much about "visual" placeholders like maps - tilesets (especially the MZ ones that use PAL8, 8-bit indexed 256-color palette instead of a full-blown RGB+alpha 32-bit PNG; while PNG does compress, using a palette lowers depth and ensures a maximum filesize before compression - long story short, 32-bit is 4 bytes per pixel while 8-bit is just 1 byte, enhanced palettes like PAL7 7-bit 128-color, PAL4 4-bit 16-color, PAL2 2-bit 4-color or monochrome can take it even further, but we're not going black and white lol) aren't a problem unless you're very, very insistent on making your maps look as good as possible, which can potentially mess with your project roadmap.

Unless you also have tons of placeholder events outdoors too or just a few big ones, then it's a different story. If it's literally empty, nothing to worry about, feel free to "design" more maps. Maps do take a bit of space in JSON (due to each cell having its own properties), but since it's pure data - and in this case literally numbers so the compression dictionary is just 10 possibilities for each character (0-9) - it will always compress nicely, so this is just if you're worried about pre-compression or post-extraction size (size on disk).

Your roadmap still looks doable and not overreaching, so keep it up. As long as you're not adding more than you can take (or in this case, fix), it's all good. You'd be amazed at how many projects (not just alpha state ones) add 10 bugs for every feature, or add 5 things while fixing just one (which is the best way to end up with a massively bugged project you can no longer fix a few years later and if you're going "I just don't know what went wrong", the answer is "you didn't plan ahead and didn't think of consequences", heh).

(On the topic of tilesets, the most annoying part is tile/cell attributes, which can become an issue for advanced, big ass maps where things like passthrough, above actor, etc. do matter. If this worries you, keep your maps as small as possible for the time being so you can handle that super fast, or just use one of the many scripts out there to handle it mostly automatically, though you'll obviously still have to playtest and check if it works as intended.)

tl;dr version: Lookin' good, keep it up! :)

M1tch3l

Sep 16, 2019
Good to hear you're back. You've definitely deserved a break so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.
I was just wondering what you were going to do in terms of slave training/management (meaning what you can do with your slaves, how many you can own, how you can get more of them and if you have to train them or if they are fully obedient right off the bat etc.) I was also wondering when you were planning to implament purchasable slaves.
No need to rush or anything just wondering, loving the game so far keep up the good work.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Thanks for the report Crazy!

Don't worry too much about "visual" placeholders like maps - tilesets (especially the MZ ones that use PAL8, 8-bit indexed 256-color palette instead of a full-blown RGB+alpha 32-bit PNG; while PNG does compress, using a palette lowers depth and ensures a maximum filesize before compression - long story short, 32-bit is 4 bytes per pixel while 8-bit is just 1 byte, enhanced palettes like PAL7 7-bit 128-color, PAL4 4-bit 16-color, PAL2 2-bit 4-color or monochrome can take it even further, but we're not going black and white lol) aren't a problem unless you're very, very insistent on making your maps look as good as possible, which can potentially mess with your project roadmap.

Unless you also have tons of placeholder events outdoors too or just a few big ones, then it's a different story. If it's literally empty, nothing to worry about, feel free to "design" more maps. Maps do take a bit of space in JSON (due to each cell having its own properties), but since it's pure data - and in this case literally numbers so the compression dictionary is just 10 possibilities for each character (0-9) - it will always compress nicely, so this is just if you're worried about pre-compression or post-extraction size (size on disk).

Your roadmap still looks doable and not overreaching, so keep it up. As long as you're not adding more than you can take (or in this case, fix), it's all good. You'd be amazed at how many projects (not just alpha state ones) add 10 bugs for every feature, or add 5 things while fixing just one (which is the best way to end up with a massively bugged project you can no longer fix a few years later and if you're going "I just don't know what went wrong", the answer is "you didn't plan ahead and didn't think of consequences", heh).

(On the topic of tilesets, the most annoying part is tile/cell attributes, which can become an issue for advanced, big ass maps where things like passthrough, above actor, etc. do matter. If this worries you, keep your maps as small as possible for the time being so you can handle that super fast, or just use one of the many scripts out there to handle it mostly automatically, though you'll obviously still have to playtest and check if it works as intended.)

tl;dr version: Lookin' good, keep it up! :)
Thank you. I actually don't like having placeholder cause I wanted to world to feel more alive and I know the bar and the Inn will take me some time to get unique characters and unique things to do and that is why I decided to postpone that into its own focused patch.

I'll see what happens space wise though. I'm hoping I can keep it a good size like last update!

Good to hear you're back. You've definitely deserved a break so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.
I was just wondering what you were going to do in terms of slave training/management (meaning what you can do with your slaves, how many you can own, how you can get more of them and if you have to train them or if they are fully obedient right off the bat etc.) I was also wondering when you were planning to implament purchasable slaves.
No need to rush or anything just wondering, loving the game so far keep up the good work.
Thank you! See, the slave training/maangement is something has been on my mind. I won't be working on it for the next patch UNLESS I get some inspriation. I do want to focus on the outside area of low class map first before I return to such things.

However, my idea is that they have their own submissive points where they grow in submissive and they also can go out in the world to work for you. It's a whole system I want to work on and will take some time to figure out a way to implement it.

I want each slave to have their own kinks/jobs/sub points that you train.

If you can't tell my favorite number is 3. I may limit it to 3 slaves per map. (low class map, middle class map, and maybe more in high class map.)

We will see. If everyting goes well the patch plan is this:

Big patch (low class map) ---> Small/medium patch (bar and inn focus)--->Medium/big patch (slave managment+slave buying focus)

So again lots to do! I just need to pace myself and take my time because of real-life and don't want to get burnt out.

Warning: Death's Punishment is and will always be a text-based game and that I have decided. so, what you so is below is me fooling around and seeing if using models for a future game would be possible. Plus I like learning new things. Also know, I don't plan and moving my focus away from this game any time soon as I love it too much and there is TONS to do.
ALSO If you are curious what I did when I was taking a break and trying to learn KK (Koikatsu) Open up spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: kazhir and cvbn28c

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit, you're going to get this 3DPD nijicon crazy psycho lesbian back into 3D... :sneaky:

I knew one of the Discord folks would try and mind-control you into using Koikatsu, MMD or 3D Custom Girl. Awesome though. A shame the third one has a background (guess it's unavoidable for a non-facesitting position) though if I recall correctly, you can easily move them around. I unfortunately don't have enough disk space (or time/motivation, or even health left for that matter) to fool around with this thing, heh.

Your open-world idea seems fun but watch out, it's really easy to get things out of control, especially if you try and make all of your characters grow sentient (as in every player action having long-lasting consequences). Please make sure you only limit yourself to what you can handle!

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Dammit, you're going to get this 3DPD nijicon crazy psycho lesbian back into 3D... :sneaky:

I knew one of the Discord folks would try and mind-control you into using Koikatsu, MMD or 3D Custom Girl. Awesome though. A shame the third one has a background (guess it's unavoidable for a non-facesitting position) though if I recall correctly, you can easily move them around. I unfortunately don't have enough disk space (or time/motivation, or even health left for that matter) to fool around with this thing, heh.

Your open-world idea seems fun but watch out, it's really easy to get things out of control, especially if you try and make all of your characters grow sentient (as in every player action having long-lasting consequences). Please make sure you only limit yourself to what you can handle!
oh? Do you actually like these? I kinda felt like you may be 50/50 on these I don’t know why. I know you’d prefer 2d and I would to be you know, cheaper on money, and expensive on time.

im pretty sure my file is up to 100gb. So you are so right about that disk space! Honestly it’s fun messing around with it but I’m still a noob and just messing around with it when I need a break.

Thank you for the warning. I 100% agree with you. As much as I’d love to have every character with longer conversations I need to limit some if I add new ones etc. or else, I may get overwhelmed. I will try my best to be careful about this! Not everyone in the world needs to be turn you into a foot bitch :p

M1tch3l

Sep 16, 2019
Thank you. I actually don't like having placeholder cause I wanted to world to feel more alive and I know the bar and the Inn will take me some time to get unique characters and unique things to do and that is why I decided to postpone that into its own focused patch.

I'll see what happens space wise though. I'm hoping I can keep it a good size like last update!

Thank you! See, the slave training/maangement is something has been on my mind. I won't be working on it for the next patch UNLESS I get some inspriation. I do want to focus on the outside area of low class map first before I return to such things.

However, my idea is that they have their own submissive points where they grow in submissive and they also can go out in the world to work for you. It's a whole system I want to work on and will take some time to figure out a way to implement it.

I want each slave to have their own kinks/jobs/sub points that you train.

If you can't tell my favorite number is 3. I may limit it to 3 slaves per map. (low class map, middle class map, and maybe more in high class map.)

We will see. If everyting goes well the patch plan is this:

Big patch (low class map) ---> Small/medium patch (bar and inn focus)--->Medium/big patch (slave managment+slave buying focus)

So again lots to do! I just need to pace myself and take my time because of real-life and don't want to get burnt out.

Warning: Death's Punishment is and will always be a text-based game and that I have decided. so, what you so is below is me fooling around and seeing if using models for a future game would be possible. Plus I like learning new things. Also know, I don't plan and moving my focus away from this game any time soon as I love it too much and there is TONS to do.
ALSO If you are curious what I did when I was taking a break and trying to learn KK (Koikatsu) Open up spoilers.

Damn that sounds awesome and incredibly detailed too bad it's gonna take a while tho cuz i would really love some more dom content in the game

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Damn that sounds awesome and incredibly detailed too bad it's gonna take a while tho cuz i would really love some more dom content in the game
Thank you. Yeah that’s the only downside. It takes a long time which is fine. I want to work on it.

This is why I won’t be messing around with other programs and such until after I get updates.

hoping I meet people’s expectations and people still enjoy the game!

I feel like everytime I add there’s a chance people can be like “nooo” :p but that’s just doubt leaking in.

• Red Heart
Reactions: qwe_chill

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
If you guys are curious on what my plans are at the moment click on the spoiler. THIS IS WITHOUT random characters I'm hoping to add around the town.

Sadly I don't think I'll make everyone in town etc in deepth. just to make the world a little a live. New and old characters in the picture.

As you see I have a lot of work to get done ;p Hopefully after these two days of real life. I can start to finally get into working on the game rather than just writing.

Oct 26, 2017
Just make sure you make the game you want to make and it will just work. Helps a lot that you've been learning a good bunch on coding with every update so far, as RMMV and RMMZ both get merchandised as "easy as pie, even a child could code a game with it" when it really isn't that simple if it's your first time doing it. It just makes it much easier than writing a game in a really complex and unforgiving language with zero control, no user interface and 100% code.

MV/MZ fully use JavaScript (the scripting engine also is in JS iirc - XP and VX used Ruby, which can cause a mess when it's mixed up with native RPG Maker code) and while it can be intimidating, JS isn't hard at all and gives a fair amount of contol, even as vanilla JavaScript. All of the instructions are interfaced in JSON (what you see in /data/) so then it's all back-and-forth. You've also seen (and used) JavaScript plugins so you know more or less how it works.

For updates, many people are reasonable but there will be the occasional overexpecting audience. :)

New features are hit or miss so just prepare for the criticism and remain open to it. You've already showed you're more than open to constructive criticism and it's all that counts.

tl;dr: Keep doing it the way you're doing it, don't be overconfident but don't doubt too much either. If you feel like you're adding too many things in one go, don't be afraid to review it (many lurkers with zero or next to zero posts on the zone have quite a bit of coding experience, so don't be afraid to ask around or even poll your audience here) and see if you're still able to complete it in a timely manner and not leaving critical things behind, this is how you end up failing with a completely broken 4-year-old alpha that might not even make it to beta as it's far too late to fix things without a full revamp and removing at least 90% of bloated code calls, unneeded methods and classes, fixing memory leaks, unfucking performance and so on...

On that note, Java ( ) is absolutely not recommended for a first time project that isn't a funny poker minigame, especially if you intend to code some massive open-world thing that's more than just a bit too delusional, which is quite hilarious when it's supposed to be a simple text porn game. Java is object-oriented and if you are not prepared.

From : making fun of the . Java developers are hellbent on going " " when the actual statement should be "Java fucks you as well as everyone else because you are doing it wrong".

(That tl;dr was not really a tl;dr and quite a tangent, so let me try again: Just keep having fun and always make sure everything is working as intended.)

I'll have to resist the obvious #wontfix and #todo popping everywhere. If you start adding a to-do list in the code, don't forget to add the obligatory .

This took so long to post I got ninja'd after previewing, lol.

Reactions: rimarakuiscoming

Oct 26, 2017
If you guys are curious on what my plans are at the moment click on the spoiler. THIS IS WITHOUT random characters I'm hoping to add around the town.

Sadly I don't think I'll make everyone in town etc in deepth. just to make the world a little a live. New and old characters in the picture.

As you see I have a lot of work to get done ;p Hopefully after these two days of real life. I can start to finally get into working on the game rather than just writing.
Nice one. That's a funny way to do it but if it works for you, go for it :)

You sure have been busy. Getting a bit worried but it seems the pre-existing areas are complete so it's all good!

(I'll blame the doublepost on how long it took to post that damn wall of text...)

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Just make sure you make the game you want to make and it will just work. Helps a lot that you've been learning a good bunch on coding with every update so far, as RMMV and RMMZ both get merchandised as "easy as pie, even a child could code a game with it" when it really isn't that simple if it's your first time doing it. It just makes it much easier than writing a game in a really complex and unforgiving language with zero control, no user interface and 100% code.
Yes, this is always my advice anyways. Make the game you want and people will eventually either come to play it or like it. Honestly the first time I picked up RPGMAKER I had to watch a lot of videos. But, I learn best when I am working with it, learn my doing is how I got into Rpgmaker. Honestly it's only been 5 months now and I know I have tons to learn!

I actually tried learning renpy too but I like rpgmaker because it does a lot of the things for you in the background.

MV/MZ fully use JavaScript (the scripting engine also is in JS iirc - XP and VX used Ruby, which can cause a mess when it's mixed up with native RPG Maker code) and while it can be intimidating, JS isn't hard at all and gives a fair amount of contol, even as vanilla JavaScript. All of the instructions are interfaced in JSON (what you see in /data/) so then it's all back-and-forth. You've also seen (and used) JavaScript plugins so you know more or less how it works.
Yeah and I never really messed with the Ruby days thankfully and I heard that can be a mess.

For updates, many people are reasonable but there will be the occasional overexpecting audience. :)

New features are hit or miss so just prepare for the criticism and remain open to it. You've already showed you're more than open to constructive criticism and it's all that counts.
This is true, you can't please everyone and that is the mindset I have. It's okay if people don't like what others don't. Yes, always up for constructive criticism as long as it's constructive and not being attacked for no reason ;p

tl;dr: Keep doing it the way you're doing it, don't be overconfident but don't doubt too much either. If you feel like you're adding too many things in one go, don't be afraid to review it (many lurkers with zero or next to zero posts on the zone have quite a bit of coding experience, so don't be afraid to ask around or even poll your audience here) and see if you're still able to complete it in a timely manner and not leaving critical things behind, this is how you end up failing with a completely broken 4-year-old alpha that might not even make it to beta as it's far too late to fix things without a full revamp and removing at least 90% of bloated code calls, unneeded methods and classes, fixing memory leaks, unfucking performance and so on...
Thank you for always giving me some kind and motivating words! I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm starting to hear bad things about that and I really don't want to end up in a 4 year old alpha lol.

On that note, Java ( ) is absolutely not recommended for a first time project that isn't a funny poker minigame, especially if you intend to code some massive open-world thing that's more than just a bit too delusional, which is quite hilarious when it's supposed to be a simple text porn game. Java is object-oriented and if you are not prepared.
Oh yeah! I agree. I feel like there are other easier methods to have a strict text only game with no open-world. But I wouldn't know on top of my head.

From : making fun of the . Java developers are hellbent on going " " when the actual statement should be "Java fucks you as well as everyone else because you are doing it wrong".

(That tl;dr was not really a tl;dr and quite a tangent, so let me try again: Just keep having fun and always make sure everything is working as intended.)
hahha this made me laugh.

I'll have to resist the obvious #wontfix and #todo popping everywhere. If you start adding a to-do list in the code, don't forget to add the obligatory .
This also made me laugh. However, personally I can't move on UNLESS I finish my to-do list. Just like my bug list. It's like first finish what's on your plate before adding more.

This took so long to post I got ninja'd after previewing, lol.
whoops ;p It's okay always nice hearing from you.
Nice one. That's a funny way to do it but if it works for you, go for it :)

You sure have been busy. Getting a bit worried but it seems the pre-existing areas are complete so it's all good!
Why are you worried? haha, I made this quick for my own visual sake because sometimes I write away from my pc and I'm like. "Wait... what did I finish? what areas do I still need to do?" Gives me a good idea haha

Oct 26, 2017
And this is exactly how you get somewhere with a project. You'll find more ways to keep checks on what you've done as your project advances and it's nice to see another actual developer on the zone. I always feel like they're an endangered species, and that includes learning developers (we're always learning anyway, even after we retire).

Just anxious because heh, the map did grow quite a bit since last time. Please don't mind the negativity.

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes