RPGM Abandoned Death's Punishment [v0.46 bugfix] [Crazyreborn]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
Having gone through the last release, just throwing some thoughts on it.

I think it's important to have a means of keeping track of previous interactions with characters when it comes to dialogue. For instance, it's completely possible to already be at slave tier reputations in the first map before meeting anyone on the second map. So, it wouldn't make sense for the dialogue interactions to assume you have spoken to them before as a non-slave. Likewise, you shouldn't be able to do the bucket interaction without first talking to Ruby about it since she is the one who tells you about the bucket work in the first place.

Even though I agree with the idea of social status affecting dialogue and affecting relationships with characters, it's important for the game to be able to maintain dialogue exchanges that make sense. I would say it's also probably worth fleshing out said characters and relationships some. Maybe having events to give certain characters some more context to who they are. It would perhaps allow opportunities to go on small quests for them, in which how you interact with them or go about helping them or choosing not to help them might shape their opinions of you.

Speaking of which, I think it would make a lot of sense to have individual affection stats for each character eventually. Rather than social status being the only thing that affects dialogue, how much affection you earn with them would add a lot more investment into each character and give motivation to exploring the characters more which would enrich the world, the characters, and the protagonist more.

In-fact, the more I really sit down and think about it, I think there should be three relevant values that determine dialogue. Social Status, Affection (character on character basis), and a separate dedicated sub/dom status (reflecting on how the curse has changed you or has failed to do so). While all three of these stats wouldn't be needed for every character or interaction, I think some really would make sense to have all three guide dialogue.

Explaining this some more, Social Status is one contextual value of significance, this one doesn't really need to be expanded on. But, how submissive/dominant you have become through your choices should probably affect some dialogue responses or even inner monologues, regardless of your social status. Like, you start off as a peasant, but the protagonist may still be domineering. Even if she became a slave due to being pushed in a corner, she may still be in a domineering state of mind, and be as such in her general tone of dialogue and inner monologuing. Perhaps that could even affect options available to her in actions. On the opposite end, she could instead just as easily have been giving into the curse and having it change her, making her general dialogue/inner monologuing more subservient, praiseful, and even lustful towards the idea of happily submitting to others. Perhaps this could also unlock more indulgently submissive options.

In conjunction to this, as I said in the beginning, the game needs to be able to keep track of your interactions with each character when applicable. If it's the first time they meet you and you're a slave, then it should reflect that. As such, there should be different sets of dialogue they give for their first interaction with you based on your social status. Likewise, if you meet a character as one social status, but then meet them again as another, that should probably have an affect on dialogue too. At least, that makes sense to me.

As for affection, I think it makes sense that if you continually interact with characters, especially if you do special events with/for them, if that becomes a thing, that it would affect how fondly they think of you. If you were of a higher social status, but chose to be helpful and kind, it might make them more eager and willing and earnest in doing things for you. Likewise, if you are of a lower social status, but are obedient, eager, and accommodating, it would make sense that they'd be less abusive in their use of you, and instead more intimate and warm. I think the actions could for the most part stay the same, but the attitude surrounding the actions could change. E.g. Instead of looking down at you with disgust as you worship an example character's feet, quickly kicking you to the side, they may instead pet your head, be happy to see you, smile and lick their lips with glee as you lovingly obey them, want to stroke your face/hair with their foot/hand (depending on the position) affectionately, and even offer you a reward. Perhaps such a stat could be used in some sort of ownership system too, where you completely fall into submission and end up being owned to a character as their personal slave, in which you could have have a unique map for their home, where you do various acts for them. Perhaps being a maid (new outfit?), various forms of body worship, their concubine, perhaps performing with other slaves for them. Etc.

The alternative of all characters just being very mean to you no matter what you do continually as you serve them might get a bit stale and one dimensional. Alternatively, while it would be less engaging gameplay wise, you could instead have variety in the form of character personalities to try to mix it up some in the style of how others use you (in regard to how they treat you). Of course, the same is true on the dominant end, it would make sense if different characters had different attitudes if an affection stat of sorts wasn't going to play a part. I suppose though, you could do both, having an affection system and a bit of flavor from variety in character personality. Just, I think that side of the game would gain a lot from expanding on it. But, with that said, I don't think every character would need an affection stat, just ones where it would make sense for it.

Another more specific example would be Death herself. It would make sense if her dialogue changed based on your social status, but it would also make sense for the protagonist's dialogue/dialogue options to change based on how submissive or dominant they are in relationship to how much the curse has affected them. E.g. If you continually give into submission, and are subservient in your interactions with Death, I think it should shape your relationship with her. Becoming ecstatic to see her, crawl on all fours to her, earn some sort of stone that lets you visit her to do things for her. At a certain point, Death would probably declare the protagonist as completely having converted to a sub, and ask if she's upset about it (smugly), in which the protagonist could excitedly say, "not at all," that she's ecstatic, thankful, and happy to be her good girl loser, and that it helped her find her "true self." In which Death could make her move, patting her lap for you to come and rub your head as she takes off her heel for you to worship her foot lovingly as she continually pets you. Asking if you want to be her good girl pet for all eternity, in which the protagonist could eagerly accept, desperate to show eternal gratitude and love as an ultimate act of submission and heart clung surrender. Maybe that could lead to a special event where you go through scenes as described earlier where you do various subservient things for Death as her pet. Perhaps in a different outfit. Whether or not this would lead to an ending or not is up to you. I think you could just as easily get to a point where Death allows you to continue your journey, but you are forever flagged as her pet from unlocking that special scene, and would change your interactions with her from then on out to be under that flag, in which you could continually do things for her as you explore the rest of the game. I feel like that formula could fit pretty well in general. A game that has a system sort of like this that comes to mind is Tower of Trample. I think it works really well though.

I've mentioned outfits twice. Maybe as a reward for accomplishing scenes like that, you could unlock the outfits you use in scenes or such? Maybe they could even affect stats. Like maid outfit +5 submissive. -5 Rep. Likewise for the Death servant/pet costume. Maybe some could instead reward you with things to make the game easier, like a ring that gives you 10 energy per day or an enchanted bag that will give you food to eat from it once a day. Maybe an item to make you more submissive each day by a few points and the opposite for dominance. You get the idea. But yeah, things like that to add more gameplay elements, motivating rewards for doing events and interacting with and getting to know characters. Opportunities to provide world building/lore. There's a lot of benefits to be had from such systems. And, yeah, it would expand the development of the game, but I think that's a good thing.

Those are my main thoughts though atm. I hope they are helpful and elicit growth for the game. Oh and, I did notice a few typos here and there, but that is pretty typical for any game in alpha from my experience. I always assume at some point dialogue will be screened and fixed in those ways, but without it being a constant thing as to not bog down development.
thats fantastic iv seen a shit ton of fans give sugestions on a rather limited engine ..go make your own game these are ideas i would be genuinlly interested in

Deleted member 2164995

Creator of Yuri games, cause why not?
Mar 30, 2020
thats fantastic iv seen a shit ton of fans give sugestions on a rather limited engine ..go make your own game these are ideas i would be genuinlly interested in
Everytime Yandere Lust comments here and gives me feedback, I'm blown away. I agree with you, I bet she'd be able to make an amazing game with all the feedback I have received from her alone lol.

Trust me, super grateful and I have already started redoing sooo much of my game because of the insanely helpful feedback that you find her posting on this thread.

This is why the next update may take a little longer since I want to implement more and focus on the foundation more. Again, credit goes to Yandere for giving me these ideas.

Reactions: lakano

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
Everytime Yandere Lust comments here and gives me feedback, I'm blown away. I agree with you, I bet she'd be able to make an amazing game with all the feedback I have received from her alone lol.

Trust me, super grateful and I have already started redoing sooo much of my game because of the insanely helpful feedback that you find her posting on this thread.

This is why the next update may take a little longer since I want to implement more and focus on the foundation more. Again, credit goes to Yandere for giving me these ideas.
btw would you be interested in having a hypnosis subplot i know you have a lot to work with but i like hypnosis lel also will you incorporate the shopsellers in the plot like them comenting on your state in society ?

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
btw would you be interested in having a hypnosis subplot i know you have a lot to work with but i like hypnosis lel also will you incorporate the shopsellers in the plot like them comenting on your state in society ?
Are you asking if there is a subplot to the storyline? Currently, the main idea is that Kim has been sent to a new world and is being punished with the desire to be submissive, and of course the player will have the chance to become a dominant and fight against the storyline.

As for the subplot, I currently finished with 3 maps (which no one has seen yet!). They are kind of huge, and I'm not sure if I'll use them all; however, I want Kim to meet the Queen. I want the player's choices that define who they are Submissive/dom High/elite (whatever your reputation is) to decide the Queen's outcome.

Currently, I am trying to make sure the dialogue and new sub/dom and Status are all good to go.

THEN I may rewrite and add to Death's storyline to expand the story. Right now I am upset that the storyline is barebones lol.

So The main plot is the basic idea and the subplot isn't 100%.

The inn will be incorporated with your character's Sub/dom (this is new) and reputation status. However, I'm not sure if I can do much with the shop keeps that sell things. I can figure something out though.

Yandere Lust

Nov 8, 2020
Are you asking if there is a subplot to the storyline? Currently, the main idea is that Kim has been sent to a new world and is being punished with the desire to be submissive, and of course the player will have the chance to become a dominant and fight against the storyline.

As for the subplot, I currently finished with 3 maps (which no one has seen yet!). They are kind of huge, and I'm not sure if I'll use them all; however, I want Kim to meet the Queen. I want the player's choices that define who they are Submissive/dom High/elite (whatever your reputation is) to decide the Queen's outcome.

Currently, I am trying to make sure the dialogue and new sub/dom and Status are all good to go.

THEN I may rewrite and add to Death's storyline to expand the story. Right now I am upset that the storyline is barebones lol.

So The main plot is the basic idea and the subplot isn't 100%.

The inn will be incorporated with your character's Sub/dom (this is new) and reputation status. However, I'm not sure if I can do much with the shop keeps that sell things. I can figure something out though.
If you wanted to have, like, special events with the shop keeper, maybe you could have an event flag that takes you to an alternative copy of the shop instance if you're having trouble with the default one. You could perhaps create a scene with events that play out with some automated movement and animations and such and have dialogue options and the like if that were the case. It may be kind of cute if there was a scenario where you either become a servant to the shop keeper in some context (plenty of context for all sorts of fun things/unique dynamics involving money and actual work in addition to more direct physical worship/service) or you instead end up owning them and collect a percent of their profits that they bestow onto you as they submit to you or such when you check once every number of days. Just random thoughts on that is all.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
If you wanted to have, like, special events with the shop keeper, maybe you could have an event flag that takes you to an alternative copy of the shop instance if you're having trouble with the default one. You could perhaps create a scene with events that play out with some automated movement and animations and such and have dialogue options and the like if that were the case. It may be kind of cute if there was a scenario where you either become a servant to the shop keeper in some context (plenty of context for all sorts of fun things/unique dynamics involving money and actual work in addition to more direct physical worship/service) or you instead end up owning them and collect a percent of their profits that they bestow onto you as they submit to you or such when you check once every number of days. Just random thoughts on that is all.

Sometimes I wonder if you can read minds =).

1. I love the idea of you owning a percent of the shop. I actually was planning on having players able to buy extra Houses to rent them out to others and collect the money on a weekly basis or something like that. (I'll have to figure this out).
2. There is something I'd like to do like that with the innkeeper who teases you about crawling under the desk.
3. The special events on a different alternative copy is actually how I did the Death scenes since it was being difficult with me. So this is a great idea!
4. I do want a chance to have the player to work for the shop. Basically a zero to hero moment. One minute you are working a servent and the next you are dominating the poor shop lady giving you 10%. Maybe punishing her for not making enough money ;p OR you being punished.

As always I love your ideas and it's something I'd love to have in the future =D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Yandere Lust

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if you can read minds =).

1. I love the idea of you owning a percent of the shop. I actually was planning on having players able to buy extra Houses to rent them out to others and collect the money on a weekly basis or something like that. (I'll have to figure this out).
2. There is something I'd like to do like that with the innkeeper who teases you about crawling under the desk.
3. The special events on a different alternative copy is actually how I did the Death scenes since it was being difficult with me. So this is a great idea!
4. I do want a chance to have the player to work for the shop. Basically a zero to hero moment. One minute you are working a servent and the next you are dominating the poor shop lady giving you 10%. Maybe punishing her for not making enough money ;p OR you being punished.

As always I love your ideas and it's something I'd love to have in the future =D
i literally asked you the same about shops lol ...by subolot i meant a hypnosis quest with ine of the charachters like they ask you to try out a new side atraction etc

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
i literally asked you the same about shops lol ...by subolot i meant a hypnosis quest with ine of the charachters like they ask you to try out a new side atraction etc

I thought I answered your question? I wasn't sure about shops yet, and then I replied to Yandere with her advice and gave me ideas. Bouncing off ideas helps me think and helps me plan for the future ;p So at first, I had no idea, but now with her comment, I'm like, "well damn, that's not bad at all!"

Plus, I don't want to spoil too much of what's coming next. But I already did—housing and owning houses to make gold.

hmm, I'm not sure about the subplot yet then. I miss understood. Because eventually, I do want them to tell you "Check out the next town over" but, I want you as a player to have a free choice too.

Tokendyke

Jun 15, 2020
What gets me hyped is you seem really into developing your game and adding all this new stuff. Gets me looking forward to the update more.

There's so much potential outcomes due to your standing as well.

My one addition would be: go as extreme as you want and any weird fetish you like, other people's weird fetishes interest me greatly.

I'd love if the option to forcibly Dom someone looking down in your character as a slave was an option and more opportunities to sub it up even with high standing. Seeing the mighty get brought down is definitely a thing for me.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
What gets me hyped is you seem really into developing your game and adding all this new stuff. Gets me looking forward to the update more.

There's so much potential outcomes due to your standing as well.

My one addition would be: go as extreme as you want and any weird fetish you like, other people's weird fetishes interest me greatly.

I'd love if the option to forcibly Dom someone looking down in your character as a slave was an option and more opportunities to sub it up even with high standing. Seeing the mighty get brought down is definitely a thing for me.
I am glad that makes you hyped! I am hyped as well. But as much as I want to add so much more content I really want to fix what I have, dialogue and story. I have done so much back-end stuff these last two days. Makes it easier for free choice.

But I do get distracted. My "break" from doing back end stuff is figuring out how to add content (like the rental stuff).

To be honest, I don't mind adding more fetishes. I know some people will say this is "Tame" which it probably is at the moment. I'm very simple. Lesbian, Foot-fetish, and dom/sub. I'm golden.

However, feel free to suggest, I don't mind if people give any suggestions, I may not accept it (like scat) but it doesn't hurt to ask!

As if your last point, with all the back end that I have finished up, you will actually be able to do this! Even if you're an Elite status, it won't determine your Sub/dom anymore!

Sub/dom will become separate stats next update =). This way, if you want to go back to the village and force them, bullies, into your submissives, you can!

eventually... lots to write. LOTS! But, I hope you can keep getting hyped with updates as they come =). This is all motivation for me so thanks!

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
when new update realse?
Well, hoping this weekend. No promises. I’m trying to making the dialogue better like more important for interactions. Like unlocking things. Hoping for a big update.

However! I do plan on releasing something before April 12th no matter what. Since this month will be busy for me.

But, I’m taking my time to get something good out.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Crazy94 make a Patreon so we can support the game.
That means a lot that you say that! Really.I already love the support and motivation I get from people giving me feedback and enjoying the game. I’m already motivated.

as for one of many reasons why I am currently not comfortable about setting up a Patreon is, updates.

for me, if someonesupports my game, I’d want to spoil them with updates as soon as possible.

but, I also like the ability to work on the game at my own pace to make sure I don’t rush and get things right.

I also want to prove my self first to anyone who thinks about supporting me. My biggest goal is to make sure the game runs and is fun to play.

I will try my best to stick to a weekly or biweekly update. Currently, I have so many ideas that I keep jumping and rewriting things.

Maybe I can make a discord channel at least, to use for questions, polls, and previews etc.

long wind answer but I like to open and honest :)

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
Well, this is my new favorite submissive game~ Very nice!~ Here's hoping for toilet content in the future!
Thank you for your kind comment =). So, sadly to some people, the only toilet you'll see is prob urination.

Just so people are curious, these are the kinks that I want in my game:

- Foot fetish
- Lesbian (obviously)
-Body worship (all parts of the body)
-Group domination (this is mostly going to be against the player)
-humiliation
-BDSM (good news! I was able to get a collar and maid for the next update.)
-Toys. (Strap-ons, whips, and all those fun stuff)
-Petplay! (as in being a pet)
-Powerplay (High status vs. low or vice versa!)
-Sub/dom

Things I don't mind adding:
-Hypno
-Spitting
-Urination

Thing's I don't want to include:
- Anything illegal
-Furry
-Scat

HOWEVER, if people want a certain kink that isn't in the last pile, please suggest it. I don't mind it. I could have missed some. I know right now. It's pretty much Body worship, foot worship, and sub/dom. BUT the game is still in alpha, and I'm working on it.

I just wanted everyone to know =D

applekund

Jul 30, 2020
Thank you for your kind comment =). So, sadly to some people, the only toilet you'll see is prob urination.

Just so people are curious, these are the kinks that I want in my game:

- Foot fetish
- Lesbian (obviously)
-Body worship (all parts of the body)
-Group domination (this is mostly going to be against the player)
-humiliation
-BDSM (good news! I was able to get a collar and maid for the next update.)
-Toys. (Strap-ons, whips, and all those fun stuff)
-Petplay! (as in being a pet)
-Powerplay (High status vs. low or vice versa!)
-Sub/dom

Things I don't mind adding:
-Hypno
-Spitting
-Urination

Thing's I don't want to include:
- Anything illegal
-Furry
-Scat

HOWEVER, if people want a certain kink that isn't in the last pile, please suggest it. I don't mind it. I could have missed some. I know right now. It's pretty much Body worship, foot worship, and sub/dom. BUT the game is still in alpha, and I'm working on it.

I just wanted everyone to know =D
It would be great if you could add human furniture, mostly facesitting.

Deleted member 2164995

Mar 30, 2020
It would be great if you could add human furniture, mostly facesitting.
huh. I like this haha. I can already see scenes with Katie using player as a seat talking to other people.

The only issue here is it will be represented by text rather than art and sprites since sprites are a pain.

but I’m all for using players and npcs as furniture. So consider it on the list ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!

So much to do but I’m excited haha. Hoping to have Katie implemented with the next update if I can finish the damn village and not get distracted by other things :)

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes