MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
A lot of the time, it's random. I actually started archiving saves at certain points to make going back easier (less complicated than it sounds).

The one I can guarantee WILL jack up the save file is changing "tags" in the menu. It adds a decimal point to the save size. Trying to undo it, by changing them back, doubles the size.

Having too many story lines open doesn't do you favors (somewhat increases size, slows you down just enough to be annoying). It seems to make the giant save file more probable, but it's been awhile and on the last run I did most of them to completion before starting another one.

Repeatedly spamming "new list" for the inn will increase the size, though to a lesser degree. Same for going into the forest a lot. By "a lot" I mean "go to forest, nope don't like this one, flee, leave, repeat" for days on end.

Side note: There's a lot of options/deviations so it can take awhile to find exactly what you're looking for in a worker/slave.

I really wish I could be more specific. I know what's it's like to troubleshoot intermittent problems; especially ones you can't easily recreate.

If it helps, I have a save file that's 167,283 KB, but it won't let me attach it here. I may have some other examples.
I fixed this, there was a bug that was not related to any of these things lol but whatever the case, now I also added a fix to resize these old save files to normal (which is under 1mb)

Reactions: Lust Demon

Lust Demon

Apr 22, 2018
I fixed this, there was a bug that was not related to any of these things lol but whatever the case, now I also added a fix to resize these old save files to normal (which is under 1mb)
LOL. This is why I'm not a programmer. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Updated to 0.3.1a dev version
Added new picture
fixed picture that opened on new tab (might be just me)
more changelog info

patrick archy

Mar 8, 2018
I'm developing a simulator game for unity, what did you find was the most efficient way to save objects created at run time? Did you save all the data on each object and instantiate new ones based of the saved data or do you keep all generated objects in a single file and access them their or anyother way?

ZaIgo

Aug 7, 2017
Telling Lucretius that you want to purify the city acts like you told him you wanted to corrupt it.

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Telling Lucretius that you want to purify the city acts like you told him you wanted to corrupt it.
There are a few places in the game when you click on option the next thing you read appears to be for the other option.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
I haven't played yet but I'm curious are there at least some unique/original fantasy races? or is it just typical checkmark muh fetish furryshit catppl wolfppl dragonppl etc. I don't need anything totally new, creative or stylised takes on the staples are fine, just be different enough from the corruption of champions template that is ever so prevalent in these games.

Also, I find with most of these text based games many of your chara features/customizations are simply ignored, or rarely aknowleged. Especially body dimensions(height, build/weight etc) which should define many social & physical interactions yet usually gets no more then a passing mention in your character bio.
You could say it's lazy writing and/or biased inflexible fetish consumed writers wanting to force the player into certain roles to compliment the narrative of the npc characters they wrote, I.E this npc is big and bad and regardless of your avatar being potentially substantially larger & stronger you will be treated as smaller and relegated to bitch status, bitch.

I hope that aint the case here.
Is it?

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
oha, it looks complicated, maybe another Time. i will read how the experience are from others

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I'm developing a simulator game for unity, what did you find was the most efficient way to save objects created at run time? Did you save all the data on each object and instantiate new ones based of the saved data or do you keep all generated objects in a single file and access them their or anyother way?
Serialization and Deserialization, type-safety...

imercenary

Jun 14, 2017
I've played this game on and off for months now but it just doesn't seem to be coming together. The "main story" seems to be a combination of flavor text choices and "important to society" NPCs that disappear once you've made a final decision with them. I don't even touch the slave management part cause its so obtuse.

ColdFingers

Jul 17, 2018
I've played this game on and off for months now but it just doesn't seem to be coming together. The "main story" seems to be a combination of flavor text choices and "important to society" NPCs that disappear once you've made a final decision with them. I don't even touch the slave management part cause its so obtuse.
I was saying the same thing in my last post, but yours is far more to the point (y)

imercenary

Jun 14, 2017
Journal
Quest
Go
optional: Choice
End of quest

Repeat.

Where is the management?
Theres some kind of lore/city options/info screen where you can fiddle with taxes and city laws but I don't know if they do anything. In theory, it should increase/decrease stats and unlock scenes (ie. generic masses love/hate you) but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do anything.

3.40 star(s) 15 Votes