BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Linux Users: I was asked to figure out why the fonts are not displayed on Linux when running via Wine (layout is also foobar). Linux doesn't ship with Microsoft's fonts by default. Use winetricks to install tahoma and corefonts ("winetricks tahoma corefonts"). Once they're installed fonts will display and layout will be fine.

Last edited:

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I picked up my save where I completely corrupted my city and now I've gone through the forest and am starting the yokai stuff and it seems like... I'm no longer able to corrupt anyone or sow chaos? The beast people in the forest are now purer than ever and I just helped a belly dancer turn her act into a comedy routine and it really feels like I blindly went past some option that puts me in either a Purity or Chaos route and ended up purifying all these areas.

Is the Corruption stuff going to come later or did I miss something?
Let me look into it and see if something got messed up, because i dont think it should behave like this. If you can explain a little bit more it could help

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
Let me look into it and see if something got messed up, because i dont think it should behave like this. If you can explain a little bit more it could help
I'm not sure since I pick it up so sporadically, I also went through the forest stuff quite quickly. Every retainer is corrupt in some way but I'm in the yokai city and not getting any options during the quests there, and the things I am saying seem more anti-corruption aligned. I probably missed something at some point unless I'm still in the prologue to the events there, but the bellydancer stuff at least seemed like it should have had some divergence. Or maybe I just missed a trigger in the forest? I feel it's unclear.

I did look at the main city corruption and it's at 28% so maybe that's the problem? No idea how to increase that beyond what I've already done though, like I say every retainer is corrupt. Maybe I just need to restart.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I'm not sure since I pick it up so sporadically, I also went through the forest stuff quite quickly. Every retainer is corrupt in some way but I'm in the yokai city and not getting any options during the quests there, and the things I am saying seem more anti-corruption aligned. I probably missed something at some point unless I'm still in the prologue to the events there, but the bellydancer stuff at least seemed like it should have had some divergence. Or maybe I just missed a trigger in the forest? I feel it's unclear.

I did look at the main city corruption and it's at 28% so maybe that's the problem? No idea how to increase that beyond what I've already done though, like I say every retainer is corrupt. Maybe I just need to restart.
No, the city corruption doesnt matters much, it also gets corrupted with policies, not with characters
the second chapter is not much about corruption at the start, it will turn more about that at the end

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
Ah ok then, that's kind of what I was thinking but some of the intro people quests for that city seemed like they should have had choices. Were there any major variants for how the forest stuff could have ended or is that just mostly place setting for the campaign to other cities?

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Ah ok then, that's kind of what I was thinking but some of the intro people quests for that city seemed like they should have had choices. Were there any major variants for how the forest stuff could have ended or is that just mostly place setting for the campaign to other cities?
Is just since there are too many characters, creating many combinations of paths was quite difficult. The idea is that later you'll be able to change your city and these locations too, but story wise for now is mostly a set up

harbingerofcum

Sep 25, 2020
I don't know why, but for whatever reason, whenever I try to launch this, I get the Unity loading screen and then i get blank white. Nothing will load.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I don't know why, but for whatever reason, whenever I try to launch this, I get the Unity loading screen and then i get blank white. Nothing will load.
This is the second time i get this comment, it is not a consistent bug because I cant replicate it.
Maybe it has to do with the f95 file? Last person i told them to download the (same and free) version from my patreon and it fixed it

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
is just how shitty unity is to deal with assets.
Like it makes them massive when they are uncompressed
idk how to fix that tbh
Someone asked me why your resources.assets.resS was absolutely huge but so compressible (they're slightly literate and noticed the oddity). I checked your resources, your textures are the problem. They're being stored as huge textures (poorly compressed options). Check your import settings. Once you hit 4 GB, Unity won't load your resources anymore (at least in the past). Breaks. You must address that. Your layers are your biggest problem. So many of them... So so many... And many of them are being imported and compressed using 24/32-bit-lossless.

*Edit* Sent a small conversation write-up.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 15 Votes