shadowcom

Apr 15, 2020
Can you go more into detail of whats happening, to look it out?
Well i'm not really sure. When time goes by during quests it doesn't register? Resources stay the same, moods don't change and all that. But if you choose to rest or end the day everything works fine. So while i'm on the day 198 it feels like passed only few days.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Well i'm not really sure. When time goes by during quests it doesn't register? Resources stay the same, moods don't change and all that. But if you choose to rest or end the day everything works fine. So while i'm on the day 198 it feels like passed only few days.
Time advanced during quests doesn't activates that; it doesn't actually ends the day multiple times, it only changes they "day" number. This is on purpose because otherwise you would be rebuilding your kingdom in like a couple of weeks, so these advances are more a lore thing than a mechanical one.

Also, if the game advanced time like a week in a single turn, you could get really fucked (like slaves could die or escape, etc.) so its better that this doesn't skips like that

shadowcom

Apr 15, 2020
Time advanced during quests doesn't activates that; it doesn't actually ends the day multiple times, it only changes they "day" number. This is on purpose because otherwise you would be rebuilding your kingdom in like a couple of weeks, so these advances are more a lore thing than a mechanical one.

Also, if the game advanced time like a week in a single turn, you could get really fucked (like slaves could die or escape, etc.) so its better that this doesn't skips like that
Oh i see. Sorry for the false alarm then.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
So... I like the idea behind the game. And it has nice art when present but... the UI is so bad that it needs a button to revist the last location as a timesaver. And can anyone explain to me exactly what is implemented and functional and actually does anything?

Journal looks like there is a ton of mechanics but really servants seem to do nothing really. The first two you get in story don't even have a properly working graphic and the lab seems to only work on your and there is fields for management grayed out and farm greyed out...

I really want to like this game but the more I try to get it into it, it feels like a scattershot of ideas but unimplemented mechanics. It seems like the only context is clicking buttons in the quest log.

Reactions: martinlongbow

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
So... I like the idea behind the game. And it has nice art when present but... the UI is so bad that it needs a button to revist the last location as a timesaver. And can anyone explain to me exactly what is implemented and functional and actually does anything?

Journal looks like there is a ton of mechanics but really servants seem to do nothing really. The first two you get in story don't even have a properly working graphic and the lab seems to only work on your and there is fields for management grayed out and farm greyed out...

I really want to like this game but the more I try to get it into it, it feels like a scattershot of ideas but unimplemented mechanics. It seems like the only context is clicking buttons in the quest log.
The servants do a bunch of stuff (all the jobs you can assign to them do something, mostly give you money and grow their stats)
What it lacks are texts, so is kinda meh. I'm working on that though.

And yeah the ones you get don't have custom art. I've been thinking on doing so, but I'm really lacking of money due to the next big update for the game (Commissioned over 10 pieces of art)

Yeah, the game is mostly a VN right now, with different paths though (corrupt or pure), and I've been working on the mechanics (combat, enemies, servants), but I still need more feedback and bug reports to keep polishing it, and to expand the help section in the journal

bluefish69

Jan 17, 2021
While I enjoy the game and have played on and off since around mid 2018ish the only part that will absolutely drive me up the wall is the enigmatic economy/government tab. I have never succeeded at keeping the stability from slowly creeping to 0, even when I had enough prosperity to use multiple investment points to raise multiple parts to medium I still kept losing stability. Good thing rebellions ain't a thing yet

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
While I enjoy the game and have played on and off since around mid 2018ish the only part that will absolutely drive me up the wall is the enigmatic economy/government tab. I have never succeeded at keeping the stability from slowly creeping to 0, even when I had enough prosperity to use multiple investment points to raise multiple parts to medium I still kept losing stability. Good thing rebellions ain't a thing yet
At what point do you even get to that? I gave up after nearly filling out the whole retainers list and it just being quest log > leave > Quest Log > leave Quest Log > One choice with the management button greyed out.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Really? Mmh Stability IIRC is kinda complex, mostly raised to security forces (like the militia) and happiness (given with religion or entertainment)
I'll check it more in depth - I am also adding a new help section in the journal, if you have suggestions for things to be put there!

Reactions: bluefish69

rhaye

Aug 12, 2018
I think there have been a few updates, including a public one, since this thread was last updated.

3.40 star(s) 15 Votes