MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
For some reason I'm reminded of a similar game many years ago. Except the slime lady was actually the MC's mother.
Can't even remember what that game was called, but the content is very similar.
Weird, I swear I answered this hours ago...

Anyhow, maybe you are thinking about my same game? Since this is my first game I redesigned it a couple of times and recoded from scratch 3, and in august I started the game from "scratch" again, though that wont happen again since now all the basic features are in place and improved, compared to the early mess.

Indeed Lucina the goo girl was the MC mom but with the current bans because of incest, that had been changed

U

User_20074

This game looks better than the old version. However, there are lots of features in the game that is not working or useless at all like the tags option, CM's virginity at the very start and even if you make your MC's prick bigger, the text in the humping scene doesn't change at all. Don't get me wrong, I really really like game. However, I'm still hoping that instead of adding features that is not working, why not remove it and use it to tease us for the next update? Instead of making us frustrated with features that is not working at all. More Powers Game Developer, I'm hoping that you could make this game close to CK2.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
This game looks better than the old version. However, there are lots of features in the game that is not working or useless at all like the tags option, CM's virginity at the very start and even if you make your MC's prick bigger, the text in the humping scene doesn't change at all. Don't get me wrong, I really really like game. However, I'm still hoping that instead of adding features that is not working, why not remove it and use it to tease us for the next update? Instead of making us frustrated with features that is not working at all. More Powers Game Developer, I'm hoping that you could make this game close to CK2.
Yeah I understand that, for now I've been focusing on doing the "vanilla" content (as in, not adding that much of the content that's available depending on the tags, the one that has more content if any is "public use")

For the next updates I'm going to focus on adding more "meat" (aka adding sex for enemies, slaves, and other followers, and advancing the story), but yes I'm going to polish all of these things before adding anything new for the next months!

Reactions: reallybadman

FuckEA

May 25, 2017
Played build 2.3 till the end of the main quest, while it is obviously a fairly early build (at least compare to other text based Patreon game like Strive for Power or Throne of Lilith) I do have some thought on the current build. Please, do take my feedback with a grain of thought because they are just my personal taste, and I have no idea how to program so some of my suggestion might not be realistic.

First of all, I like the writing for most of the main quest. There is a sufficient number of branches for different choices, and the most choices feel enough to account for different kind of choices one would make. The only quest I feel a bit more response option is needed is the choice where the player get to choose to hire professional servant or sex workers on the street. Mainly, the sex worker branch where the player has a line of thought about trying to give job to the homeless even if they aren't professionals. I don't feel there's enough choice to account for this particular line of thinking since the only choice that related to it is to encourage Helena to discipline them, or scold Helena for stepping out of the line. That choice feel like more impact on Helena's character rather than how I want my servants to behave.

The characters are largely likeable even if most doesn't really feel like very unique character due to the relative shortness of the story yet. So far Abaddon is easily my favorite of the main cast, as the struggle Abaddon has to balance his individuality with family tradition is something I can relate to a lot growing up in a culture that put higher emphasis on tradition than western culture (I'm Chinese by the way). One minor critic for his questline I have so far is his dilema feel resolved a bit too fast. Only one questline to focus on rebuild either the theater or coliseum, and then one dialogue choice to determine if he should change the family tradition or not doesn't feel like enough interactivity for a big decision like this. Maybe in the future as more story is written for him, this could be changed to something like a 'point' based system where player have different chances to affect Abaddon's decision in the process of rebuilding the entire cultural sector and the choice he makes in the end would be determined through the total number of points instead of one dialogue choice.

So far, the biggest problem I have with the current build is the pacing feel a bit off. Mainly on how the main quests would jump forward a huge number of days (to put in context, I finished the main questline in day 130, and only maybe a dozen days where spend freeform fighting monsters to earn money). I like this idea of forward the days in current build since there's not much to do, and having player wait for around 100 days just to fight monsters in the wild to unlock something like the retainer option is a bit unrealistic, but it feel equally unrealistic my character would sit around doing nothing as the castle is being rebuild for a few weeks (and how castle supply doesn't decrease in the time frame).

One possible solution I suggest is to have the quest wait for the X number of days to get to the next stage while player doing freeform activity and update when it hits the timer to progress to the next stage when there's more content in the game. I think the retainer option can get individually unlocked as soon as the player meet each individual character instead of unlock all of them after the festival quest. This would give player more choice for the freeform section rather than just a monotonous fighting the monster in the wild or interacting with characters in the barrack.

Also related to the pacing is how unfinished a lots of game mechanic feel, which is very understandable considering the game is still in very early build compared to the other 2 big patreon backed text game Strive for Power and Throne of Lilith (even if the version number is higher than Throne of Lilith). Both Strive and Throne feel they have complete cycle of gameplay mechanic (even if I also have issue with Throne's current pacing), and Debauchery in Caelia Kingdom doesn't. The character management screen in barrack still has large chunk of the UI that aren't serving any purpose yet, and the reward/punishment option has a bug where a different name would show up instead of the correct name for the randomly generated character that actually populate my barrack (Mainly Abaddon, and I think something like Vergil?). I think the focus for this stage of development would better spend on completing these already exist mechanic rather than adding new ones like city management since adding new mechanic into the game without complete pre-existing one can feel like different mechanic could come off as feeling like a mesh of different mechanics that doesn't form cohesively, but once again that's just my personal taste.

There's also some minor bugs in the later quest after the festival. The choice where player stand back and try to make their nanny regain her sense doesn't give follow up choices so the only way to continue the quest is to pick fight branch. The quest for Abaddon where one choose to influence him through friendship or force his opinion has both version of text show up which I don't think is intended since it has the obvious coding language of 'If Relation > 40' and 'ELSE' (Well... I know that part about programming).

Overall, the game shows great promise even if it is still obvious in early stage of development. I am eagerly waiting to see what the final product would look like since the player being the lord of a city does set it apart from the other two text games where the player is mainly an individual.

MisterSir

Jul 19, 2017
I've played it but so far I'll keep my opinion until more contents will be added (or just the ending of what's already there).
But yes, as it is now the game is frustrating more than anything else. It's promising and ambitious so good luck to the devs.

DrLopunny

Sep 4, 2017
Randomly found this game when looking through my old Laptop and looked it up to find if I was missing any update on f95. Then I remembered that this Is the Cheeky Dev who posts their own game on f95 so people don't leak new versions. Gaming the system that is.

Reactions: vhawkes

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
When can we expect 0.2.4 to reach us plebs? Also, is it possible take a look at the changelog for 0.2.4?
@MaraTDuoDev
Next month, I'm going to release 0.2.3 today tho (not the dev. WIP version)

Also yeah here it is the changelog:

"
Hello guys! This is the release of the dev build for all of the $5+ patreon, if you were a $10+ you already had access to this build tho!

Here is a short changelog, since this update is pretty much only story (over 35k words of content tho!):

• The final quests for Lucina, including the choice to make her sub or dom creature, and to allow her to transform servants into goo-girls. This things will be implemented in the future tho!
  • Introducing Itzel and her whole story line (except by the ending)! With 30k of content, she has over 15 quests, she will have 4 endings available depending which church you decide to build (if you decide to worship the goddess of love or the one of order) and if you corrupt Itzel or keep her pure!
That's all! For next month I'll finish Itzel, edit and write new sex scenes for NPCs and already introduced followers, add the new enemy (dragon) and more, so keep tuned!
"

darkmega926

Jun 6, 2017
Hey Duo get a question about furry content.

Will there be a option to turn off the furry content like in the original?

3.40 star(s) 15 Votes