BizeBire

Oct 23, 2017
3) You are told in the intro (literally first 2-3 minutes of the game) that rollback after choices are DISABLED and that you can NOT rollback.
That's kind of the problem - I missclicked and didn't see the message but couldn't roll back to read it again. And then it happened again multiple times due to the nature of the game right now - 90% of gameplay is clicking "next" repeatedly and you don't get any kind of warning that an event is going to pop up.

Rollback doesn't seem to be disabled after choices, it seems to be disabled globally.

Thanks for the tip on how to fix that! Will give it a shot!

I believe it's simply a place-holder mechanic right now... Again, the game is still extremely early in development (extremely early alpha) so there's not much content at all. I have a feeling that the look around mechanic will actually lead to events in the future
That's what I assume, but wouldn't it make much more sense to add that option into the game once the mechanic is ready?

Again, we're talking about a classic "you need to do X in order to unlock Y" type of game here. Adding something like that button (or those shops) is just confusing... Is it supposed to work in this version? Do I need more stats for it to work? Is nothing happening because there's no content yet or because it's bugged?

There really is no reason for that - just remove the button for now. I'd say: remove everything that serves no purpose. Even the Realtor office is pointless at the early stages of the game, isn't it?

Really? That's not an issue with the game at all but rather with your expectations and personal preferences (or possibly ignorance of the prices of various things)
No, it's my issue with the game's development being a little bit all over the place.

I mean, why seeds? Of all the things that a teenager (or: just barely adult) could be saving in his pocket, why seeds? If it's supposed to "hint" at the gardening mechanics, wouldn't an event be a better idea? Say, the sister needs some remedy to heal her sore skin after lying so much, the mother sends the protag off to the monastery to check if the monks have some, since the actual medicine costs too much. The monks say "sure, why not, and by the way, how about you work our garden a bit?"

Wouldn't that make more sense, be a more natural introduction to the mechanic than placing some random seeds in the inventory?

The only issue I would have with this is the grind to get enough money
That's a MAJOR concern of mine right now.

I get that the game is in early development and what not, but it shouldn't be a problem to re-balance things for these early stages and then again for when there's more/different content later on.

We literally have to click through two-three weeks just waiting to earn some money, doing nothing, since we can only clean the pool once a week.

And it also ties to the very start of the game - is that intentional? Will there be an event to unlock something automatically? Do I need to run around the city looking for something to do? If so - where and at what time of day? No way to know until you've clicked "wait" 100000 times.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
game is buggy af, how the heck do you do anything in the game. Shower is heavily bugged,money randomly dissapears and pool job loops so i can do it over and over again however i dont get paid for it

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Playing the game... didn't buy the watering item, so my first crop will be lost...
I asked laura for work... when she tells me she needs things for customers the game stops in an error, so I got $7 but don't know what to buy....

Somnay

Jan 29, 2018
It's still early days for this game so still not a lot to do and it does get a bit boring repeating the same few things over and over again.Still finding new and annoying bugs-going to school,and getting exception errors when choosing English or Maths.Also while at the apartment spying on mother in shower,talking to her about so much steam gives you exception error which continues into living room and ending the game unless you ignore the talk with the mother.Will just have to see what the next update brings,hopefully something interesting!

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

You can use unren or enable dev mode renpy to extract the game files then try loading script.rpy into notebook and looking for roll once you find the rollback line change it from False to True and overwrite the file. You might have to hit shift + R or close and restart the game if it was open at the time and this should allow you to rollback.

Extract the enable dev mode renpy outside of the game folder and then run it and select the game folder and let it extract. Make sure to start the game one time so that the .rpy files are made or they won't be there.

Other spot it can be found at is in the options.rpy file.

Last edited:

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
@

You can use unren or enable dev mode renpy to extract the game files then try loading script.rpy into notebook and looking for roll once you find the rollback line change it from False to True and overwrite the file. You might have to hit shift + R or close and restart the game if it was open at the time and this should allow you to rollback.

Extract the enable dev mode renpy outside of the game folder and then run it and select the game folder and let it extract. Make sure to start the game one time so that the .rpy files are made or they won't be there.

I've installed this, but how do I enter dev mode? or open de console for dev mode?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Unzip enable dev mode renpy outside of the Deeper-0.0.31-pc folder then run the .exe file in the enable dev mode renpy and select the Deeper-0.0.31-pc folder and let it run till it closes. Start game and hitting shift + O should open console if you hit shift + D you can check under variables and see if there are any listed there then open the console and change stuff like that.

Jan 19, 2018
does anyone have something for the error that it disappears
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 152, in script
    return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'D:\\Development\\Deeeeeeep/game/mainloop.rpy', 1516869002, 1).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 152, in script
    return
  File "C:\Users\be hur\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1421, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "C:\Users\be hur\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 618, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'D:\\Development\\Deeeeeeep/game/mainloop.rpy', 1516869002, 1).

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Deeper 0.0.31
Sat Apr 07 18:24:42 2018

fezzer28

Aug 9, 2017
How to fix this

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 97, in <module>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1532, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1880, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1881, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1884, in execute
File "game/vars.rpy", line 228, in LiveEvent
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 48, in script call
File "mainloop.rpyc", line 4, in script call
File "mainloop.rpyc", line 16, in script call
File "functions.rpyc", line 97, in script
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2655, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 401, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 411, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\Fez\Documents\Deeper-0.0.31-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 592, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<screen language>", line 1884, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Deeper 0.0.31
Sat Apr 07 14:06:17 2018

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
You use to have a radio in the room now both the radio and tv are listed as TV as you can't click on the radio and it says that you don't own a TV when you mouse over the radio.

On your save pages you could squeeze 3 more slots per page beside her leg so that there are 6 save slots to a page. You could probably also squeeze a few over by her arm and shoulder as well.

Would also be nice if you could hide the text bar at the bottom with the H key instead of it only hiding the text options.

I changed (But if you and your sweet little sister) to (But if you and your sister) as the other way makes him sound like one of those ugly fat bastard molesters.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Traceback after talking to the mother in the shower.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 48, in script call
call mainloop
File "game/mainloop.rpy", line 4, in script call
call placeLoop
File "game/mainloop.rpy", line 16, in script call
call menuInteractions
File "game/functions.rpy", line 97, in script
$ uichoices = renpy.call_screen("playerMoney", _layer="screens")
$ uichoices = renpy.call_screen("playerMoney", _layer="screens")
screen playerMoney():
screen playerMoney():
for q in chains:
if q.isActive:
if DIALOGUE.RightTime(Dialogues[q.LiveEvent]):
return self.evnt[self.stage]

Last edited:

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
too many mistakes to be worth playing dev.
hope you fix them before you plan on developing new ways in the game

DragonWrath

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
I have read all the pages and did what people have said ... yes it fix some of the errors but not all. all I said was the dev should fix the game before he trys to update it how is that a pointless statement
Pointless statement because you gave absolutely NO info as to what errors you were receiving were. That's like saying "hey, there's something wrong over there somewhere" without pointing in any direction or like saying "there's something wrong with this vehicle" and nothing else. So basically all you said was "it don't work for me, fix it!" while giving absolutely no info as to what issues you were having. That's how it is a completely pointless statement.

Reactions: Ozygator

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Sadly, in spite of creating a decent UI for the game that completely messes the UX and that kinda kills the game for me.

If I open a books inventory and click on a book - I expect a book to open and not the next screen to say "Thats not how this works".

Back to the drawing board dude.

2.60 star(s) 33 Votes