ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Another quick tidbit. Do not use the bank right now since you don't draw interest on your money but on the plus side there are no fees either. Also don't buy anything from any of the shops that don't have an icon, they are unusable right now. Glad I saved game before I bought the the "Bug Hunter".

Silvialicius

Feb 25, 2018
Good morning guys. Lots of feedback so thanks for that.

Regarding the comments about save games. I have posted numerous times including in the OP that whilst the game is in alpha development old save games will likely not work when the game updates because some of the core mechanics and variables may change. This is not an unusual phenomenon as most alpha games have the same issue including most of the AAA Early access games on steam.

The engine is more or less where I want it to be since the feedback from my patrons has generally been that making every job a mini-game would be too distracting (this also applied to school and exam where the original intention was to have every school day a mini-game and then the final exam a harder version of it)

I only have a couple more systems to integrate and then the game will move out of alpha and I can start adding more content.

My patreon page is back up and running so if you want to support my work you are welcome to do so, although Until my battle with Patreon's T&S team is concluded Deeper itself cannot be promoted or discussed on Patreon.
Understood. I know what that means, but in a situation like this, it's good to upload a save file folder of the previous version end point. We could avoid to start over the game. Starting it over all the times is exhausting and this is a shame, because the game is very very intriguing. I like it.

Xyzzy

Jan 24, 2018
I want to like this game, I really do. But at this point I just can't. At the fifth update, you'd think there would actually be something to do, or some reward available, but there just isn't. It's just grind, grind, grind, and grind some more. But even more than grinding, it's wait, wait, wait, wait, an hour at a time, without doing anything, because there's absolutely nothing to do.

One reason for this is, I think, the money situation. At the beginning of the game the one thing you need more than anything else is money, and it's a very difficult commodity to acquire. You can't begin to farm until you've spent something like $180 on farming gear, and you're only making $20 a week. IRL, if I walked into a garden center and saw a watering can for $50, a hoe for $80, and a garden hose for $100, I'd turn around and walk out, especially when I'm making squat. The first task you have to do with Laura requires you to spend more than $80 on the three items at the store, which takes three weeks to gather, if you don't buy anything else. The fact that Laura gives you $100 means you net LESS THAN $20 for your three weeks of work. Laura knows you're poor, why doesn't she give you the money up front? It makes no sense. In the meantime there's nothing else to do but wait and wait and wait an hour at a time.

This is endemic of the way the game plays. There's no direction, no clue, no guidance about what you're supposed to be doing, so you could potentially grind away for weeks on end, heading in the wrong direction, and never know it.

And while I'm at it, waking up at 5:00 and not being able to clean the pool or go to school until 8:00 or 9:00 means you're wearing out that wait for an hour button some more.

I followed the farming tutorial, and I was doing fine, until I wasn't. After nearly a week of tending my lettuce, one day I went to the farm, and my crop was gone. No bugs, no harvest, no explanation, and no lettuce. WTF?

Also, a possible bug: I gave the "lost and found" bikini to my sister, saw her wearing it at the pool, but it's still in my inventory.

I truly hope this becomes a really fun and exciting game to play, but I'm going to wait, wait, wait for several more releases before I try it again.

Reactions: Watsonholmes

ronylol

Apr 14, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/functions.rpy", line 275, in <module>
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2045, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2089, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2095, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2097, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2099, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2100, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2101, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2102, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2104, in execute
AttributeError: 'product' object has no attribute 'unLocked'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 41, in script call
  File "scripts/mainloop.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "scripts/mainloop.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "scripts/functions.rpyc", line 245, in script call
  File "scripts/functions.rpyc", line 275, in script
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/functions.rpy", line 275, in <module>
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2655, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 401, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 411, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "E:\nnnnnn\Deeper-0.0.531_public-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 592, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2089, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2095, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2097, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2099, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2100, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2101, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2102, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2104, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 2104, in <module>
AttributeError: 'product' object has no attribute 'unLocked'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Deeper 0.0.531_public
Sun Jul 08 15:50:38 2018

every time show this

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I have learned a lot about farming in this game. It is actually well thought out and implemented (pun intended). You have to have water, fertilizer and insecticide before you start farming and you need to tend your crops EVERY day. Buy the hose as soon as you can since it helps with the watering. Even with the hose you should water everyday just to be safe. Always fertilize with the hoe or your crops will die. Only use insecticide when you see pests and only on the plots that are infested. First thing to do when you go to the farm is look for the harvest icon and harvest that crop. Two things happen when you harvest. 1 You get some money and 2 you get 1 to 3 seed packets. Immediately go into Harvest Mode and harvest then take it out of Harvest Mode. I now have 4 plots, 1 for each type of plant and enough seed packets for each type to go on even if I mess up and lose a crop. Money from crops, I think it is $12 for lettuce, $15 for pumpkins, $20 for Marrow and $25 for strawberries. I think I covered everything but if I missed something please add it for me.

mattyTheOne

Oct 12, 2017
Thanks for the tips/ guide comments chaps.

My feedback for this game is all around implementing a better guide system into it. I can’t comment on the content yet because I’m not sure how to even achieve anything, this really needs clarifying when playing.

I hope Thundorn addresses this as there is a lot of potential here. Aside from the ‘lost’ feeling when playing I’ve mostly enjoyed the interaction.

zed45

Jul 2, 2018
jake.cash = ***
jake.love = ***
mcstats.literature = ***
mcstats.strength = ***
mcstats.intellect = ***
x.affection = *** (x=name character)
x.corruption = ***
jobs[jakejob].xp = ***
jobs[jakejob].level = ***
KNR = ***

TIPS = if you want to up persuasion,talk with Jessica in G n Q and choose "just looking around (do nothing)" and repeateadly again,again,again..... MAX PERSUASION = SILVER TONGUE

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
Good afternoon chaps. Thanks for the comments. I will as always take them onboard. As some have highlighted there are a couple of exploits etc which will boost stats. I know some devs are funny about that sort of thing but as far as i'm concerned it's up to you how you play the game.

I'm aiming to make the next update a bit more content based just to get some more "stuff" in the game, in particular filling out those first few weeks with a few more activities and of course a few alternative branches to some of the chains.

until my battle with Patreon is concluded I can't post anything about Deeper on there but rest assured that any nothing has changed in terms of what my supporters are given and so on, I just cant shout about it from the rooftop anymore.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Reactions: phreadom

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Your save starts from the new version's begin?
No. Not sure I have one at that point. This save is well into the update and I have gone well beyond the end of this update and am grinding out the farm for money so if you want the beginning then this might do it. It has less grinding to it and am not sure where it starts.

2.60 star(s) 33 Votes