Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
@

dude as much as i love laura you have to stop releasing updates that cant load old saves, ya dont seriously expect people to start over every time
New updates requiring new saves is nothing new. When i change something in the core mechanics certain definitions and variables might be added or removed which is information that is not contained within your save file. This means that loading an old save game will cause crashes. The game is in alpha, which means that the core mechanics are tweaked almost every update.

Thank you all for the bug report regarding the infinite loop. I am investigating that issue.

Regarding the Trans tag. Laura's involvement in the game depends entirely on the choices you make during your playthrough. She can either be a major character or a non-existent one.

Reactions: lo0u and Dixon Butz

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
The description describes it pretty well. The game is going more in the direction of real life sim.

Another NPC is Transgender but you can avoid her...

wothisname

Jul 3, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 47, in script call
  File "scripts/mainloop.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "scripts/mainloop.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "scripts/functions.rpyc", line 276, in script call
  File "scripts/functions.rpyc", line 11, in script call
  File "scripts/laura.rpyc", line 283, in script call
  File "scripts/jobs.rpyc", line 400, in script
  File "G:\gms\downloads\Deeper-0.0.621_public-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 58, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Deeper 0.0.621_public
Fri Aug 17 18:18:59 2018
New updates requiring new saves is nothing new. When i change something in the core mechanics certain definitions and variables might be added or removed which is information that is not contained within your save file. This means that loading an old save game will cause crashes. The game is in alpha, which means that the core mechanics are tweaked almost every update.

Thank you all for the bug report regarding the infinite loop. I am investigating that issue.

Regarding the Trans tag. Laura's involvement in the game depends entirely on the choices you make during your playthrough. She can either be a major character or a non-existent one.

loop also happens if the mugger knocks you out or finish all deliveries

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Concerning the grind, yes there is a lot. For me the reward is in completing the tasks whether not in getting a pic or animation. If I understand @Thundorn's vision then the amount of grind should become less and less as the game progresses due to better paying jobs, something like real life. Remember this in alpha and we (the players) are being given the privilege to test it.

Reactions: Von Herman

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Programming (coding as they call it now) is not as simple as it might seem. Only takes a single character to cause something like an "endless loop" and is a headache to find it. Your best friend is a"logic flow chart" to keep you on track. If all your doing is writing code then you have no vision and will probably end up failing to attain your goal, a completed game.

cvat420

Mar 25, 2018
Alpha....is for testing, grinding is for game play, this alpha game is a grind there for will not test it anymore for the dev till he can come up with a better system to allow the story to progress other than sitting and grinding for an hour or two....sorry even in real life. Recommendation make cleaning the pool a daily job like in real life, not weekly forcing the player to grind out several weeks just to get the three items the NPC wants, not tho mention being able to use the monastery. This is a poorly executed game forcing the player to grind excessively, had more fun watch grass grow and paint dry.

Reactions: kjafs

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Can anyone post a cg rip please?
You can do it your self in all Ren'PY games with this little program
Please read up on it and once you are ready then choose #1 and hit enter and let it do its work, may take a few min to unpack them.

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
The best definition of the game would be given by HorizonD: real life simulator ..
For those who expect easy fap ... or hussy mom, this is not the case for now ..
The beginning of the game is at least unusual ..

A solution to the npc Laura, throughout the game could choose surgery in one of the routes .. (in case of affinity with mc)

With me the game had a quest error: this is nuts (previous version) ........ the hospital did not appear until the sister gets really sick ..
Curious is the doctor's avatar appearing at the mall ?!
And the quest, hangs at the entrance ..now

Yes it is an alpha version (new game every time), but it would be interesting at least, minor quests at the beginning (like school 80 days without faults!)
More quests to raise big money (I think the opinion was almost unanimous)
A strange character is Nurse Christine, a little older than mc, but looks much more with white hair ..
Missing some affinity app (love) on smartphone .. (appears only mc stats)
The project has potential, but needs some adjustments ..
I'm wondering the Dev, still have more projects in progress at the same time ..:confused:

2.60 star(s) 33 Votes