BLFC

Jun 2, 2017
Where the hell in the UK do you live that it costs you $3000 for bare minimum existence living expenses a month? I can only assume its central London and you shop in Up Market shops? I also live in the UK and live a very comfortable lifestyle for half of that amount and yes i own my own place, have a car and a very active social life.

But with regards to the game, it is good so far, grindy, but like you said, its in Alpha so its expected so im not complaining.

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
Where the hell in the UK do you live that it costs you $3000 for bare minimum existence living expenses a month? I can only assume its central London and you shop in Up Market shops? I also live in the UK and live a very comfortable lifestyle for half of that amount and yes i own my own place, have a car and a very active social life.

But with regards to the game, it is good so far, grindy, but like you said, its in Alpha so its expected so im not complaining.
$3000 is roughly (depending on what day you do the conversion) £2000 and it was only a ballpark figure. half of that goes to the tax man straight away, leaving £1000 which might just about cover rent, electricity, food, phone, council tax, water, car tax, fuel if you lived in the cheapest and dirtiest places I suppose, but it would leave nothing for car upkeep or contingency money for computer repairs etc.

I don't do this for the money, I work a job to live. One day if Deeper earns enough so that I don't have to, that's cool. The only reason it came up is because I wanted people to understand that Developing deeper isn't my full time job, and that 40+ hours per week of my time has to go toward earning a living.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017

He was probably being a sarcastic cunt, or tried to convince people to support him somehow to reach that 3k a month.

I can confirm that "bare minimum" is less than 1/3rd of that.

Let's leave taxes out of this,.. since your salary is already taxed.
We are talking about your PURE 3k in your wallet here, to do with them as you please.

Now if he has a rented apartment that costs him $2k per month,.. then I would say, tough luck, but you are not living at a minimum here. That is a mighty fucking fine apartment.

Chowdog

Jun 19, 2018
Good morning all. Thank you for the comments and feedback.

Too many to address in the short window I have before going back to work so I will do as many as I can.

I live in the UK and $216 equates to about £150 which is about enough to pay my phone bill and buy food for a week. The cost of living in the UK is $3000 per month and that is for a bare minimum existence. As it stands Doing a full time job isn't optional. I spend every spare moment of time that I have working on Deeper to try and keep development at a reasonable pace, I appreciate your patience. For those people who are less patient... tough shit basically.

A lot of the criticism is from people who clearly haven't played the new update so I wont address those.

Laura is a main character in the game. There was never intended to be an alternative but Having received quite a large number of emails from people, mostly gentlemen, mostly from eastern Europe and mostly quite aggressive, I decided to provide the Marcus story-line as an alternative to Laura which removes her completely from the game. I'm not going to say anymore on that topic.

This next point is going to come across as a bit brash but I hope you understand that I have addressed it so many times that my responses have grown increasingly blunt. Deeper is in Alpha development. That means that I am focusing on getting all of the many mechanics in the game to work smoothly together, as well as adding new mechanics for the finished game and all it's many features. All Alpha games are "grindy", if you don't want to play them, you can filter your search results to only include games with the [Completed] tag.

Christine is now located at the nurses station rather than the entrance to the hospital. When you arrive at hospital there is a large icon on the right hand side of the screen with a tool-tip that says "Go to the Nurses station" when you hover over it. This will take you there. She goes to the mall on her lunch break. This isn't a bug, it's what people do :)
In what world do you need £2000 per month to live in the UK? Lmao

xb

Nov 9, 2017
Sister has been in hospital about 3 weeks now on her first visit there. Do I have to ransom her out in some way?

Reactions: RobJoy

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
the farming dont work on my game the crops disapear witout a reason even if i do everything water and insecticide and such but still out blue disapear and cant graduate highschool caus every lessons i take they suddenly go to its not able to complete in this version ? any help or wait till next update ?

xb

Nov 9, 2017
the farming dont work on my game the crops disapear witout a reason even if i do everything water and insecticide and such but still out blue disapear and cant graduate highschool caus every lessons i take they suddenly go to its not able to complete in this version ? any help or wait till next update ?
I found the farming easy - I just edited a million or so into my bank account and bought all the stuff to automated it. I just show up once in a while to harvest the crops. No idea about school because I'm pretty sure my sister is being held prisoner in the hospital and I can't figure out how to get her released. She's been there about 3 game weeks now. I mean I have the money so if I need to pay someone off I can do it :)

Reactions: RobJoy

Chowdog

Jun 19, 2018
$3000 is roughly (depending on what day you do the conversion) £2000 and it was only a ballpark figure. half of that goes to the tax man straight away, leaving £1000 which might just about cover rent, electricity, food, phone, council tax, water, car tax, fuel if you lived in the cheapest and dirtiest places I suppose, but it would leave nothing for car upkeep or contingency money for computer repairs etc.

I don't do this for the money, I work a job to live. One day if Deeper earns enough so that I don't have to, that's cool. The only reason it came up is because I wanted people to understand that Developing deeper isn't my full time job, and that 40+ hours per week of my time has to go toward earning a living.
That's complete nonsense. Unless you're living in an upperclass area, as a single man/woman, a basic minimum wage is enough to live on in Scotland/England etc. Complete nonsense

Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
The farming mini-game is tested and working. The tutorial explains everything you need to know, :)

I'm not 100% clear on what you are saying about high school, possibly due to a language barrier. Can you explain what your the problem you are experiencing with High school is?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
In what world do you need £2000 per month to live in the UK? Lmao
That's complete nonsense. Unless you're living in an upperclass area, as a single man/woman, a basic minimum wage is enough to live on in Scotland/England etc. Complete nonsense
That's as far from out of touch with reality as I've seen someone be in quite some time.

One of my friends works 40 hours per week, night shift in a call centre, making less than £20,000 per year (think it's closer to between 17 and 18).
She rents a council flat, and after all bills and eating cheap, (supermarket own brand products) she's lucky if she still has £200 each month.

That's not taking into account the insane amounts of overtime she does to pay for a holiday abroad, up to 11 days in a row without a day off, and that's both the year before the holiday, and the same year as the holiday itself.

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
Can someone tell me how many events there are so far please and are there any sex scenes yet?

215303j

Can the guy please determine how much money he needs himself???
If you have a good day job, which you like and brings decent money, you'd be out of your mind to quit it in order to make adult games at minimum wage...

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
i am taking lessons in that school but the game dont let me graduate it is saying its coming in next version is the school bugged ?

2.60 star(s) 33 Votes