4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Seriously? Radnor just announced the game is going open/community development because he can't do it anymore for IRL reasons. No one's taken the mantle of continuing development yet.
I found a way to have multiple avatars, but I'm still figuring out how to make an isolated patch

Apr 3, 2019
I found a way to have multiple avatars, but I'm still figuring out how to make an isolated patch
are you in Radnor 's discord? I'd like some help looking over code to try to figure out some things so that we can put out a patch/update at some point (my coding skills aren't up to doing it by myself sadly).

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
are you in Radnor 's discord? I'd like some help looking over code to try to figure out some things so that we can put out a patch/update at some point (my coding skills aren't up to doing it by myself sadly).
not on discord.

Here's a beta for multiple avatar images if anyone is interested.
This only changes the image during bot interaction, not the avatar when bot is generated. Also included images during social training. Add images in the asset folder, following the same name structure- 'avatar', 'avatar2', 'avatar3', etc...
Simple change for now, and I'll keep looking into alternate avatar for each bot.

EDIT:
added folder structure, to prevent conflicts for anybody running source files.

Last edited:

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I nominate Mr_Shaky and/or Squib2187 for maintainer('s)/developer('s).

Please guys, don't let it die. Be the man, take up the plan! XD
I don't know where people got the idea that I'm some closet programmer. While I do have a basic understanding of coding in general there's a huge difference between making these json mods and coding an actual game. The json mods are intentionally easy to make and configure because Radnor coded the game that way.

I would have to spend a lot of time learning the coding language this game uses and then time going through all the existing code before even beginning to do any further developing lest I risk making a mess of it.
And I don't have to time or will to commit to such an undertaking currently.

Apr 3, 2019
not on discord.

Here's a beta for multiple avatar images if anyone is interested.
This only changes the image during bot interaction, not the avatar when bot is generated. Also included images during social training. Add images in the asset folder, following the same name structure- 'avatar', 'avatar2', 'avatar3', etc...
Simple change for now, and I'll keep looking into alternate avatar for each bot.
Mega
Using your patch as a base i'm going to add the ability to add pics for training all skills.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Using your patch as a base i'm going to add the ability to add pics for training all skills.
So I found that there were 2 ways to set an image.
The way I set it, we redefine the avatar image as an action_image, and we avoid the need to change scripts across multiple definitions. Otherwise, we break full screen preview.
The original script ( "{image=bots [bot.model_id] avatar@400x600}" ) will only call the direct file "avatar".

I was considering an outline for a specific image for training different skills. Like say, training combat could call a image or video named 'combat' in the asset folder. Entirely possible.

If you want to take the lead on images, I shifted gears and was looking into buying bots in the grey market.

Apr 3, 2019
So I found that there were 2 ways to set an image.
The way I set it, we redefine the avatar image as an action_image, and we avoid the need to change scripts across multiple definitions. Otherwise, we break full screen preview.
The original script ( "{image=bots [bot.model_id] avatar@400x600}" ) will only call the direct file "avatar".

I was considering an outline for a specific image for training different skills. Like say, training combat could call a image or video named 'combat' in the asset folder. Entirely possible.

If you want to take the lead on images, I shifted gears and was looking into buying bots in the grey market.
Ya will do, i've already modified the other skills to display images/videos so like "social" "combat", ect.

Haven't had time to test yet, will do that later on tonight, hopefully nothing breaks lol.

Hornyrhino89

Jan 26, 2019
I appreciate the thought but I just dont have the time for such a project
I don't know where people got the idea that I'm some closet programmer. While I do have a basic understanding of coding in general there's a huge difference between making these json mods and coding an actual game. The json mods are intentionally easy to make and configure because Radnor coded the game that way.

I would have to spend a lot of time learning the coding language this game uses and then time going through all the existing code before even beginning to do any further developing lest I risk making a mess of it.
And I don't have to time or will to commit to such an undertaking currently.
I get not having the time to devote to a project guys. I myself have tried learning Java, Python, C+, CSS, and HTML, because they seemed like the most popular programming languages I thought "If they're so popular, then they must be easy to learn." Boy was I wrong.
What I had failed to notice, just like most who have never programmed something and think it's easy, was the keyword of "language."
learning to program is exactly like learning another language. And trying to learn 5 at one time will melt your brain.
I also realized after a month long deep dive into Java, that trying to jump from learning one program language to another is like a 5 year old, that's only been taught English, being shown a sentence in German and asked to read it. They both use the same characters, have the same sounds, but have different rules.
So I get it, I just nominated you two because y'all made my favorite mods for DSCS.
But thank you for replying.
Squib, I think it was your mod that had the extra "lady bits" in it. I loved that idea so much, I added it to every bot mod I use. XD
I hope Radnor is okay, and I wish him luck.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Ya will do, i've already modified the other skills to display images/videos so like "social" "combat", ect.

Haven't had time to test yet, will do that later on tonight, hopefully nothing breaks lol.
well we win some, and lose some.. Started zoning out in the grey, so I went back to alternate avatars per bot. I accidently found a way to change avatar images in the side screen, but it didn't hold to bot generation....and it broke the mouse-over on other bots :cautious:. ctrlZ

Apr 3, 2019
Got the training pics patch up and running

DSCS Training Pics Patch 0.10

Only issue I've found with this patch is when training skills without any pics it gives an image missing message in red text but otherwise works just fine. I need to figure out an if/and statement for what happens if it doesn't find an image.

Edit: Ver 0.30 fixes the image not found bug

Updated archive here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/defective-sexbot-chop-shop-v0-3-1-radnor.104343/post-7738050

Last edited:
Reactions: AnotherAnonGuy

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Got the training pics patch up and running

Only issue I've found with this patch is when training skills without any pics it gives an image missing message in red text but otherwise works just fine. I need to figure out an if/and statement for what happens if it doesn't find an image.
try this out. I gave it a once over, but no actual testing

Apr 3, 2019
I've been working on an update for that skill pics patch that I made, I was able to get the layout to look like it does during sex training (after much trial and error), however the missing pic error still occurs, this can be remedied by placing pics with those skill names into bot asset folders.

DSCS Training Pics Patch 0.20

Edit: Version 0.30 fixes missing picture bug

https://f95zone.to/threads/defective-sexbot-chop-shop-v0-3-1-radnor.104343/post-7738050

Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: Otherguy2012

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Wondering if anybody else is getting very far with mods?
With the option for more asset images, I was thinking about places to use them.
Adding new locations seems easy and straight forward, so I played around and added a fight club, but no interactive content atm. Also still trying to decipher the proper call to generate bots at vendors.

Apr 3, 2019
Wondering if anybody else is getting very far with mods?
With the option for more asset images, I was thinking about places to use them.
Adding new locations seems easy and straight forward, so I played around and added a fight club, but no interactive content atm. Also still trying to decipher the proper call to generate bots at vendors.
A fight club sounds interesting, was wondering about creating more roles, my imediate thought is to put your sexbots to work, well being sexbots. I'll see if I can get some time this week to take a stab at it, I'm working on updating the assets for all my bots atm, hope to have that done by the end of next week, new version will include a couple of new bots that I was working on for the next version of my mod.

Reactions: Otherguy2012

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I haven't been modding more since my BBS offers, i was waiting for the code to add bot part/trait requirements to them to diversify. don't have the courage to learn ren'py. If someone's found that i'd gladly take the knowledge to expand my mod.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I haven't been modding more since my BBS offers, i was waiting for the code to add bot part/trait requirements to them to diversify. don't have the courage to learn ren'py. If someone's found that i'd gladly take the knowledge to expand my mod.
At this point, creating and naming a random role is pretty straight forward. But if we want a functional role to perform a specific task, it has to be created and spelled out. The only example to work from is 'shopkeeper', file can be found at ( modules\0020_dscs\game\characters\bots\bot_roles\ ).
For now at least, adding a role to a bot seems limited to manual interaction in workshop.

Apr 3, 2019
Ok I've got the latest version of my Viper Girls mod finished, It includes the patch to show pics/vids during training of all skills, not just sex, it also includes those assets. Also included are 2 new characters (bringing the total up to 17) and they also have the added assets (yes pun totally 1000% intended) To install this mod, extract the viper girls 0.05.7zip to the game's main directory, i.e. where the DSCS.exe file is located, do NOT extract to the /game subdirectory as the mod will not work properly if you do this.

P.S. The filesize is almost 2GB, I've included a racaty link as well as a mega link in case you get hit with a transfer limit on mega.

Edit: When extracting select the "Extract Here" option in 7zip, if you somehow extract to Viper Girls 0.05, then go into that folder and copy the game folder within and paste that in the main DSCS folder, sorry if this caused any confusion.

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes