4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Klaptrap

Aug 16, 2016
Where do the modders find the assets for the 3D bots?
There's a bunch of boorus that usually have a pretty decent tagging system and an army of degenerates that keep everything updated. Some characters required a more specialized booru, but most have a pretty big overlap.

Most of the work went into editing afterwards (converting filetypes, reducing size and length, etc).

Reactions: Mannaten

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
There's a bunch of boorus that usually have a pretty decent tagging system and an army of degenerates that keep everything updated. Some characters required a more specialized booru, but most have a pretty big overlap.

Most of the work went into editing afterwards (converting filetypes, reducing size and length, etc).
Thx.

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
I mentioned before that I would've considered looking into picking up the ball with this game awhile back (see my previous posts in this thread). Since Radnor has explicitly stated that he's removed any and all previous stipulations regarding the code, links, title, etc... I'll gladly take a look at this point and maybe create a fork or entirely new game by trimming/modifying/reworking this base code. This really had potential as a good management sim with a solid framework capable of expansion and I think Radnor's work deserves to be recognized and continued. I've worked on a "Being a DIK" pack which seems to be working well locally...even with animations, but I haven't delved into the other parts of the code at any depth yet.

Where do the modders find the assets for the 3D bots?
Many of us do not "find assets", we create them. I create my own character models with Daz3D, Blender and various other software...some have (obviously) used Honey Select to create their renders which is faster and easier but (IMHO) of lesser quality. For my "Being a DIK" mod, I literally took screenshots and video directly from the original game and edited them to work within DSCS.

Many thanks again to Radnor for all the hard work he's done this far...and I truly hope that life gives you a breather from all the BS soon.

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
I mentioned before that I would've considered looking into picking up the ball with this game awhile back (see my previous posts in this thread). Since Radnor has explicitly stated that he's removed any and all previous stipulations regarding the code, links, title, etc... I'll gladly take a look at this point and maybe create a fork or entirely new game by trimming/modifying/reworking this base code. This really had potential as a good management sim with a solid framework capable of expansion and I think Radnor's work deserves to be recognized and continued. I've worked on a "Being a DIK" pack which seems to be working well locally...even with animations, but I haven't delved into the other parts of the code at any depth yet.

Many of us do not "find assets", we create them. I create my own character models with Daz3D, Blender and various other software...some have (obviously) used Honey Select to create their renders which is faster and easier but (IMHO) of lesser quality. For my "Being a DIK" mod, I literally took screenshots and video directly from the original game and edited them to work within DSCS.

Many thanks again to Radnor for all the hard work he's done this far...and I truly hope that life gives you a breather from all the BS soon.
Thx, for the answer.
However I don't have any experience in creating models and/or animation, so that's sadly not an option for me.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018

I would love to see your variation! I am working on a variation of my own ;)

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
Could someone please take a look at this and tell me if I did something wrong?
looks good, but the bot_mind_table is not complete. You have to list all of the variables. Also, it will need assets to work properly. i.e. the basic image and the "sex" images.

I was interested to see that you also gave it a chance to show up in "cheap" and "luxury".

From all of the included skills, she would almost be an "A" class bot though. I guess any bot can have any types of skills :)

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
looks good, but the bot_mind_table is not complete. You have to list all of the variables. Also, it will need assets to work properly. i.e. the basic image and the "sex" images.

I was interested to see that you also gave it a chance to show up in "cheap" and "luxury".

From all of the included skills, she would almost be an "A" class bot though. I guess any bot can have any types of skills :)
Thx for checking the mod, however are you sure there weren't any more issues?
I fixed the bot_mind_table and I still get an error sometimes when trying to check the Flea Market for bots and Shantae never appears when I don't get an error. The error also only appears when I have the mod installed.
Here's a download link for the edited version of the mod together with the traceback, and assets, in case those cause issues, could you or someone else please check, I don't know what to do.

PS: I do have the ShakyMod_Parts and Daedalron_bots installed, since my mod uses parts from those.

Last edited:

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
I fixed the bot_mind_table and I still get an error sometimes when trying to check the Flea Market for bots and Shantae never appears when I don't get an error. The error also only appears when I have the mod installed.
I've attached the edited version of the mod and the traceback, together with the assets, in case those cause issues, could you or someone else please check, I don't know what to do.

PS: I do have the ShakyMod_Parts and Daedalron_bots installed, since my mod uses parts from those.
maybe you forgot the attachement?

Radnor has a Discord that we use to discuss mods and such:

maybe that will work for attaching a zipped copy of the full bot?

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018

Yeah, sorry I couldn't attach the file, because it was too large and so made a mediafire link.
I had to reload the page and it seems like it didn't keep the change with the download link,
I've edited the comment.

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018

By the way, your discord link doesn't seem to be working for me.

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
Here's a download link for the edited version of the mod together with the traceback, and assets, in case those cause issues, could you or someone else please check, I don't know what to do.

GandalfBlue69 on Discord (aka Mr. DanLong on F95) found out what the issue was, it was that I told the mod to use dae_elfears_b as a part which don't exist, there are only a and c, so I changed it to a and it works. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DanLong

Mannaten

Mar 18, 2018
My Shantae Bot mod.
(should work now)

IMPORTANT!: You need to have Deadalron's Bots mod and ShakyMod_Parts installed for the mod to work.

Last edited:

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
I would love to see your variation! I am working on a variation of my own ;)
Likewise! I'm looking at this situation much in the spirit of the "SEED" in SAO. It will be super cool to see different creative directions using the same foundation.

It would be awesome if we all could come together as a modding community to create proper modding tools. Making it faster and easier to create mods would almost ensure content that caters to a wide variety of interests like the post that mentioned "tailpussies". Not really my thing, but the point would be to allow content to be added easily for anyone else with the same interests. Would be wise to learn from the success of Skyrim in that capacity.

Just a thought I'm throwing out there...

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes