4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
That's incorrect. If the modder did his work correctly, the parts are added to the lists of items by tags (cheap, nice, ...), and therefore they are not added just to the dump, but also to the flea market.

Note that buying high rank parts at the flea market is expensive, though. I've seen values around 50-60k for an S-rank item IIRC (with a x1 price multiplier, but could be much more expensive depending on what price multiplier the mod used for each part)
If you're finding rank S stuff at the flea market I'd argue the modder configured it wrong(unless it was intentionally just until more ways to acquire bots and parts are added).
You should never find that kinda stuff at a flea market.
A flea market is usually a place where small time stuff is sold. Like kitchen appliances, cheap devices, clothes, trinkets etc. Not top-end hardware. Why would anyone bring top-end hardware to a flea market where you expect cheap goods?

You could argue that the sellers get it at the dumps but scavengers savvy enough to know where and what to look for would likely not sell their stuff at a flea market of all places. They'd probably sell it bigger markets or on the web or directly to places that have use of the parts like mechanics, technicians, bot brothels or recyclers etc.
And if someone accidentally found high tier parts when scavening at the dumps without knowing what it is and decied to sell it at the flea market they would probably get the price way off(like the scavengers that visit while we work currently do sometimes.)

And if Radnor intends to have top-end stuff sold at the flea market he should probably rename it to the bot and parts market or hardware market or something like that.

That's my opinion on the matter anyway. Feel free to argue my points.

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
If you're finding rank S stuff at the flea market I'd argue the modder configured it wrong(unless it was intentionally just until more ways to acquire bots and parts are added).
You should never find that kinda stuff at a flea market.
A flea market is usually a place where small time stuff is sold. Like kitchen appliances, cheap devices, clothes, trinkets etc. Not top-end hardware. Why would anyone bring top-end hardware to a flea market where you expect cheap goods?

You could argue that the sellers get it at the dumps but scavengers savvy enough to know where and what to look for would likely not sell their stuff at a flea market of all places. They'd probably sell it bigger markets or on the web or directly to places that have use of the parts like mechanics, technicians, bot brothels or recyclers etc.
And if someone accidentally found high tier parts when scavening at the dumps without knowing what it is and decied to sell it at the flea market they would probably get the price way off(like the scavengers that visit while we work currently do sometimes.)

And if Radnor intends to have top-end stuff sold at the flea market he should probably rename it to the bot and parts market or hardware market or something like that.

That's my opinion on the matter anyway. Feel free to argue my points.
I agree with you on this BUT since the game is not complete and all we have is dump or flea market, it makes sense to add all the parts to the dump and flea market atm.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
1. Chill
2. Trying to find high rank powercores in the current version is basically a waste of time as it does nothing except add to the total value of the bot. Only reason to to so would be perfectionism. If you want a high value bot find a high tier one and train it. A very high skill high-tier bot sells for hundreds of thousands.
3. The dump is basically your only option of finding high tier parts unless the mod authors add theirs to the flea market or to the bots themselves but with so many new parts and bots your chances of finding any particular item is much lower because it's weighted random making S-tier items particularly hard to find in the current version with many mods.
You might want to wait until an option is added to purchase parts directly in future versions.

TLDR: Powercore rank doesn't matter currently.

EDIT: If you mean powercores in general and not just high rank ones buy cheap working bots from the flea market and strip them if you're having bad luck elsewhere. All bots bought from the flea market should be operational including all parts.
No I mean there are almost NONE. Nova or otherwise. Almost 80 percent of all bots have blown cores. I have not seen a SINGLE core in the flea market. Who ever did this there are almost ZERO cores. I must have scrapped twenty bots because I have never had more that three cores at any one time.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Hi

I get a bug/crash with you mod whenever i got to the fleamarket to buy a bot. The bug/crash log doesnt specify anything for me I put the traceback in the post. Dont know if it will help. Game version 0.2.1
I've never had the issue. Could you specify a bit more, so as to understand where the bug might come from?
- Do you use other mods as well?
- At what point exactly does the bug happen? Is it when you click on the "Buy Bot" button (in the interface where you select to either buy bot, sell bot or buy parts) ? Is it on the next screen, when the game presents you a few bots and you try to buy one?
- Does the bug happen every time, or only sometimes? If it's sometimes, which bots have you seen which don't bug?

[Edit: spent 10 minutes going to the flea market, buying bots, then reloading and doing it again, and didn't bug once for me. I was able to buy 8 of my 11 bots (didn't find the A or S rank since they're so rare) without issues, so I don't know what your issue could be...]

Last edited:

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
LeGourmet Daedalron
I've played with that mod a fair bit and I've found every single bot no issue.
As far as I know the error is that the game is attempting to spawn a bot with attributes that don't exist. Be it parts or defects or something else. But given that I've already found every single bot in the mod I assume it's one of the following reasons:

*It's a random aspect of the bot like skills that didn't get picked when I found the bots that is causing the issue somehow.
*It only happens at the flea market while my main source of bots is the dump.
*You are using other mods and assumed incorrectly which one is the culprit.
*Your download of either the game or the mod was corrupted somehow and causing issues.
My guess is 3 or 4.

I know I had the same issue with sithlords mod. Are you using that one? Please make sure you list what mods you are using if you are using more mods than Daedalron's one.
If you ARE using sithlord's mod please try overwriting the json with this one:
https://f95zone.to/threads/defective-sexbot-chop-shop-v0-2-1-radnor.104343/post-7420196
But do NOT install this fix unless you actually have his mod installed. (You can check if there is a file named sithlord86.json in your DSCS-0.2.1-win\game\mods folder)

Last edited:
Reactions: EdogawaKonan

LeGourmet

Jun 28, 2020
I've never had the issue. Could you specify a bit more, so as to understand where the bug might come from?
- Do you use other mods as well?
- At what point exactly does the bug happen? Is it when you click on the "Buy Bot" button (in the interface where you select to either buy bot, sell bot or buy parts) ? Is it on the next screen, when the game presents you a few bots and you try to buy one?
- Does the bug happen every time, or only sometimes? If it's sometimes, which bots have you seen which don't bug?

[Edit: spent 10 minutes going to the flea market, buying bots, then reloading and doing it again, and didn't bug once for me. I was able to buy 8 of my 11 bots (didn't find the A or S rank since they're so rare) without issues, so I don't know what your issue could be...]
Mr_Shaky Daedalron

Im playing with other mods. But i narrowed every single mods down. And tested every single mods alone.. I redownloaded both the game and mods to be sure. I get the error when i go at the fleemarket to buy a bot. It happen when i press the 'Buy Bot" button. It probably crash when generating the bots. When i get my bot from the dump i have no error, but when i got to buy them at the fleemarket i get an error. But i dont get an error everytime. Sometime the bots generate corretly.

I tried other mods that add bots and they also make an error when i go at the flee and click the "Buy Bot" button.

But when i click rollback when i get the error sometime it generate the bots of the mods correctly when i click "Buy Bot" again. So the error dont always happen.

Edit: For some reason i dont get any error now with your mod. Didnt do anything, i just dont get error no matter how many time i click "Buy Bot" at the fleemarket. I cant explain what happened

Last edited:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
how can i prioritize some mod-bots to find them when scavenging? Thank you for advice
If it's about bots added by mods, the easiest way would be to edit the JSON file to improve the probability of the bot you want being found.

Open the JSON, and find the section about the bot you want. A bit after the bot name, you will see this section :

JSON:
      "list_target_tag_chances": {
        "all": X,
You need to change the X value, with a higher one, to improve the odds of that bot being found in the game (both in dump and flea market). Once you get the bot you want, I suggest you edit the JSON again to put back the original value, unless you want to be swarmed with that bot model... :giggle:

[Edit: Note that this is the fast and easy solution. If you want the bot to only have improved odds during scavenging, you'd need to edit the code differently.]

j5LDC2TB

Sep 5, 2016
I think this game loves to wind people up, I've been trying to get the JKB-12 without even a sniff, for ages, decided to download a fresh copy & transfer my saves for the hell of it, go down to the dump & bang! it's the 1st bot I get, followed up by 2 of the others, then another one. At least now I can add her to my collection, it would be nice to have more capsules, one lot for my personal bots, & a secondary lot for the business

• Haha
Reactions: Godogma and Radnor

ShamedAgain

Nov 26, 2019
I am spending too much time just grinding away. Its going to be even more brutal for me when you add in new places/parts/chassis, etc.

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
I don't know anything about modding, etc, but I wonder if someone could make the pod list, like the shelf list where you can go to the next shelf. Sorry if that's a dumb suggestion.
I find it an excellent suggestion; never modded Ren'Py before or I'd do it myself. :)

Reactions: j5LDC2TB
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes