4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Dono1973

Sep 25, 2017
Should look like DSCS-0.X.X-win\game\mods\ShakyMod_Parts.json
Parts should show up when scavenging the dump and lower tier parts at the flea market.
Possibly from the scavenger that shows up when working. Not sure though.

Do you see the mod in main menu -> game mods?
Yeah mods in the right folder and I see it on the list in the mods section of the menu. Maybe I have been unlucky so far going to try scavenging at the dump a bunch of times when all my bot capsules are full so all I find is parts and see what happens.
After restarting the game and scavenging at the dump the parts have started to show up. Thanks for the help.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I see you have moved on from sabotaging the rpa archive format to sabotaging the bytecode files from being decompiled. I'm still not touching this with a 10 foot pole, especially since there is nothing here to protect. This may be a playground for you to test obfuscation techniques, but to me it is a burning red flag that a dev wants to put arbitrary code into my USER directory that can be executed unfettered by my python interpreter. Your little sexbots may not be the only bots hiding in this thing.

• Sad
Reactions: Radnor

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I see you have moved on from sabotaging the rpa archive format to sabotaging the bytecode files from being decompiled. I'm still not touching this with a 10 foot pole, especially since there is nothing here to protect. This may be a playground for you to test obfuscation techniques, but to me it is a burning red flag that a dev wants to put arbitrary code into my USER directory that can be executed unfettered by my python interpreter. Your little sexbots may not be the only bots hiding in this thing.
Then get a VM

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Question : Why when we repair a bot for an order and we do an exceptional good work we don't take a a bonus tip from our client as before? I mean what is the thinking behind this action?

Example : When a client bring us a broken bot that he just want to take it back and to be just functional whithout any press of time.....i fully repair it and restore it....then at previous versions he would pay me the 1000 as was agreed and he was giving me 2000 more as a bonus...this flavour text didn't appear yet at my playthrough...is it bugged or the philoshophy behind this action was changed?

Comment+Question: I really love the way the mechanics and the interface blend and work on this game.....but could we have a small sneakpick of the roadmap ahead as far as the quest progress ? what we have to except more or less as the scenario envolve? We might be able to help with some ideas....anyway excellent work man both for your work at the game and for your involment with your community:) Keep up the good work :D
Repair order bonus may be affected by some changes in other places, like price calculations etc. I will look into it, but generally it is best to think about bonus as something client may or may not give randomly, some people are just cheap, you know.

After 0.3 rush there is no way i will reveal updates schedule or details. Update release date and changelog will be know on moment of update release. Surprises are good, yes? :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: X-Topic

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Thank you.
I tweaked it again based on your example. Unfortunately, now Im chasing an non-descript invalid string... cross-eyed defect applied: too many commas.
Without mod json i or other modders can't provide any help. While i made some progress with distant debugging i'm still bad at telepathy :(

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Is there a way to raise Social? I didn't put any points in it and now I can't have a shopkeep.

Unless I just have to keep scavenging bots from the junk yard til I find one with social already.
Relax at RoboSechs may trigger event with social xp reward. It is not big, but you can train mc social this way.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpy", line 81, in <module>
NameError: name 'game_call_stack' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 651, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 80, in script
File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 80, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpy", line 81, in <module>
NameError: name 'game_call_stack' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Thu Feb 10 23:44:12 2022

A bug I keep running into while spamming quickloads/saves
If game_call_stack variable is missing then game is totally botched. Don't spam saves :D Or at least try disabling transitions (instant, disabled), not sure it will help, but it may.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Not the point. This guy is putting his stuff on a pirate site to see how well he can hide his stuff. He's exactly the sort of guy I expect to see on the arrest list when Google or Apple get embarrassed by the latest malware du jour showing up in a supposedly innocent app.

Then get a VM

• Angry

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
i have question about the mods i was trying following instruction 2. Put the assets and JSON into the "DSCS-X.X.X-win/game/mods" folder. where exactly i extract to dsc on Android
Files->Phone->Android->data->com.radnor.games.dscs->files->saves
Or create Files->Phone->Android->data->com.radnor.games.dscs->files->game->mods folders and place mod zip there or unpack it there.
Depending on your phone it may be different, but generally you want to find com.radnor.games.dscs folder.

i got a bonus of 567 for barely any swaps if at all, pretty sure it's just rng.
combat mission seems like the formula has a mistake, maybe? it's definitely high for input [combat is not slow to train with neuro v7]
Game is still in early stage, current content is more of features showcase, it will rebalanced later on, once i can see full picture.

i got a feeling it was the 2nd update but will the invintory system be reveresed to the first release?

its just that in the past you would have 5-6 pages or difrent parts and any that you got that were not fully repaired were added to the end but once fixed they got stacked with the ones that had been fully repaired, saved on 15+ pages, unless we are expected to let shit be sold, then my hoarding side is gonna be hurt.
Items stacks was disabled to work with do-not-sell flag and possible part's special effects system. Once i can see full picture i may re-enable it or change how it works, so it would combine things better. Maybe will change inventory UI a bit, to show all parts in stack, this way it will combine everything, but still allow fine-tuning each part individually.
Basically, it is temporarily disabled, but i personally want it back at some point.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Files->Phone->Android->data->com.radnor.games.dscs->files->saves
Or create Files->Phone->Android->data->com.radnor.games.dscs->files->game->mods folders and place mod zip there or unpack it there.
Depending on your phone it may be different, but generally you want to find com.radnor.games.dscs folder.

Game is still in early stage, current content is more of features showcase, it will rebalanced later on, once i can see full picture.

Items stacks was disabled to work with do-not-sell flag and possible part's special effects system. Once i can see full picture i may re-enable it or change how it works, so it would combine things better. Maybe will change inventory UI a bit, to show all parts in stack, this way it will combine everything, but still allow fine-tuning each part individually.
Basically, it is temporarily disabled, but i personally want it back at some point.

It'd be nice if there was a way to learn from a bot that has way higher than you. Even if you're learning capped at a level or two below them.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
A usefull implementation to the game UI would be when we check our bots at the storage to be able to also view the bots avatar's picture without the need to click to check it...cuz after so many mods and different models it become tricky to fast check which is what :)
There is status button when browsing storage, also when interacting there is status button at bottom of main interaction screen too.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Not the point. This guy is putting his stuff on a pirate site to see how well he can hide his stuff. He's exactly the sort of guy I expect to see on the arrest list when Google or Apple get embarrassed by the latest malware du jour showing up in a supposedly innocent app.
If i would want to send malwares on pirate site i would be making throw-away accounts and spamming "full 100% save" posts. Code injection technique is pretty same.
While i understand your concerns and am paranoid myself you being too paranoid in this specific case.

I have large "Use VirtualMachine/Sandbox to run indie/pirated games" warning both on discord and in modding.txt.
Main reason i have obfuscated rpyc files is i have used private code i did for other commercial games, and while there is no NDA or any sort of strictly-private code, i don't want to release it to public, i do code commissions too, don't see why should i release things i do commercially for free. rpyc protection is simple, and anyone dedicated/experienced enough can remove it no problem, if you can't do it, it is your personal problem, not mine.

If you feeling generous you can commission me, donating agreed value in BTC/ETH and i will fully opensource game next day. Otherwise, thank you for your interest, but please don't spam "OH IT IS HIDING SOMETHING BAD THERE, BECAUSE I CAN'T DECOMPILE IT".

Sorry not sorry for being a little bit too emotional, but please understand your concerns are been noted, but i will not change how i do it just because you don't like it. Thank you for understanding.

• Red Heart

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
It'd be nice if there was a way to learn from a bot that has way higher than you. Even if you're learning capped at a level or two below them.
It was suggested before, i'm still not sure how/if i want it this way. Plus social is more of innate thing, you not supposed to go from shut-in nerd to outgoing playboy overnight. Usually.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes