4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
what the flippi g bleep dwa bleep are you talking about?? some of us don't know much of shite about computers and programs for various reasons, so this line of thinking "just look it up on the internet" pisses us off.
I've yet to see anyone here post a mod that needs any extra downloads. I've consolidated most of the mods in my post on page 9 and afaik none of those require you to download anything in order to download the mod. I think I've downloaded all of them for link checking.
There are mods there uploaded to Mega, Workupload, Pixeldrain, Racaty and Google Drive.
Honestly I don't remember ever having to download "some shite" to download the intended content on this site.

Apr 3, 2019
what the flippi g bleep dwa bleep are you talking about?? some of us don't know much of shite about computers and programs for various reasons, so this line of thinking "just look it up on the internet" pisses us off.
So you're saying you can't look things up on the internet, while you're complaining on the internet? Interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: nadawer

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
I've yet to see anyone here post a mod that needs any extra downloads. I've consolidated most of the mods in my post on page 9 and afaik none of those require you to download anything in order to download the mod. I think I've downloaded all of them for link checking.
There are mods there uploaded to Mega, Workupload, Pixeldrain, Racaty and Google Drive.
Honestly I don't remember ever having to download "some shite" to download the intended content on this site.
and every one of those besides mega requires me to download something else to be able to download the program i want, so either you have something on your computer that stops that.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
So you're saying you can't look things up on the internet, while you're complaining on the internet? Interesting.
1) you didn't explaine what you were talking about, 2)i am a technophobe in rehab and maybe am able to use 7 or 8% of what my computer and smartphone are capable of doing, without detailed explination of things. so this thought processs kids have about "just look it up on the internet" is what pisses me and others off.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
and every one of those besides mega requires me to download something else to be able to download the program i want, so either you have something on your computer that stops that.

yep, some of those sites (other than Mega and the now defunct NOPY *sniff snifff*) download 1st, a downloader which will in trun DL your targeted software. I have it crop up fairly often, and I then back out of those DLs because I dont trust the downloader to be clean, and I dont have blind faith in any AV either.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: cavebear

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Alright here's what I found using a "clean"(no addons/extensions) browser and downloading mods from here.
Mega - no popups, ads or extra downloads
Pixeldrain - has ads but no popups or extra downloads
Google Drive - no popups, ads or extra downloads
Workupload - Has ads and 1 popup but NO extra downloads
Racaty - Has ads and annoying popups but NO extra downloads (also only 1 mod uses it)

In conclusion:
There are no requests for me to download a downloader on any of them.
There are some ads which don't really matter unless you click on them.
Workupload seems to have 1 popup when clicking download but that's easily closable.
Racaty is annoyingly popup-heavy without browser addons but is only used by one mod in this thread afaik.
If you download a popup blocker then all you've got are some ads. Here are links to it for and .

I'd be curious to hear what other peoples experiences with it are when following the links the modders have posted here.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019

AddictedTT

Feb 22, 2018
I asked before but could someone reupload image pick from Squid Mod to another site? Pixeldrain does not work for me and in exchange I can then reupload it some other sites aswell as I have good upload speed. Thanks!

Eekhoorn123

Oct 16, 2017
Here are 2 packs i recently made:
First of we have the redhead
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And nextup we have the 3 girls from

Reactions: Godogma

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Alright here's what I found using a "clean"(no addons/extensions) browser and downloading mods from here.
Mega - no popups, ads or extra downloads
Pixeldrain - has ads but no popups or extra downloads
Google Drive - no popups, ads or extra downloads
Workupload - Has ads and 1 popup but NO extra downloads
Racaty - Has ads and annoying popups but NO extra downloads (also only 1 mod uses it)

In conclusion:
There are no requests for me to download a downloader on any of them.
There are some ads which don't really matter unless you click on them.
Workupload seems to have 1 popup when clicking download but that's easily closable.
Racaty is annoyingly popup-heavy without browser addons but is only used by one mod in this thread afaik.
If you download a popup blocker then all you've got are some ads. Here are links to it for and .

I'd be curious to hear what other peoples experiences with it are when following the links the modders have posted here.
I had a gf for a minute that was good with technology, but had this insane compulsion to click 'yes' to every single popup.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
I've been playing and tweaking my BBS offers mod trying to balance the money side of things, and oh boy a little +1.0 scaling on skill value can send the bot's price from 1 million to 6. It's fun. I'll get it out properly soon.

On another note for Radnor , are reading bot part quality, core stability and traits officially moddable in the offers or not?
Because i can put some text in about it and the mod runs fine but it's ignored like i wrote it behind ## (no effect, and doesn't show up in-game in the offer details).
Is there a proper syntax/order to put it in the .json when creating an offer or are those parameters just not in yet?

If yes i'd like to know how, if not i sugggest implementing it because it'll boost the variety and flavour of offers immensely.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Seems to work just fine, however any mods that overwrite the vanilla bots also won't work.
I added a short beware.
But if people are in such a hurry to install mods or skip reading the descriptions and proceed to install both a vanilla bots overwrite and a vanilla bots remover I'd say that's on them.
There's only so much one can do to prevent people doing things wrong. Take the 2 people that tried to use my now removed "mod template" as an actual mod and came back here asking why they're running into problems like missing assets.
I assume another mod said "requires shakymod_parts" and linked to my post and they just assumed the attached file was the mod they were looking for without reading(or understanding) the word "template" in the file name or looking at the post itself. Because if they looked at the post they would have realized there was an entire collection of mods including the one they were looking for under the rather self-explanatory "mods" spoiler.

Sorry about the short rant and no offense meant to "the 2" :p

dmmt

May 8, 2020
no offense taken. Saw the appended 'template' in the file name and "assumed" you had an internal purpose in so naming it. In any event, the mod is working fine, though I am not certain I will retain it. The additional parts (ears, wings, horns and genitals for ex, plus the increased diversity in parts quality ratings), sort of feels like Montgomery's Operation Market Garden, where they tried to go "a bridge too far".

vs vanilla;
I am seeing a very notable increase in the nr of scavenge attempts yielding no results,
with the two extra parts categories, the demand on the 5 AP is exponentially increased;
with the additional grades of parts the odds of finding what you seek are dramatically reduced.
Social skill is not improving over time. All other MC skills improve as he trains bots but the Social skill, is still at the starting value with 0% indicated for change. Rather crippling

Easy difficulty, is still quite doable,
the 2nd category, is now difficult,
the 3rd, I have yet after 3 tries to make it to the 1st payment. I fail to find the parts needed, for the 1st bot I scavenged.

Last edited:

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
no offense taken. Saw the appended 'template' in the file name and "assumed" you had an internal purpose in so naming it. In any event, the mod is working fine, though I am not certain I will retain it. The additional parts (wings and genitals for ex, plus the increased diversity in parts quality ratings), sort of feels like Montgomery's Operation Market Garden, where they tried to go "a bridge too far".

vs vanilla;
I am seeing a very notable increase in the nr of scavenge attempts yielding no results,
with the two extra parts categories, the demand on the 5 AP is exponentially increased;
with the additional grades of parts the odds of finding what you seek are dramatically reduced.
Social skill is not improving over time. All other MC skills improve as he trains bots but the Social skill, is still at the starting value with 0% indicated for change. Rather crippling

Easy difficulty, is still quite doable,
the 2nd category, is now difficult,
the 3rd, I have yet after 3 tries to make it to the 1st payment. I fail to find the parts needed, for the 1st bot I scavenged.
A viable strategy is to disassemble the first few bots you scavenge for parts you'll be able to use on the 3rd or 4th, depending on what you get. you'll probably miss a power core or cpu, but if you sell useless parts/work a couple time you should be able to afford a grey market CPU (and then exchange it for a power core in another offer if needed).
For normal difficulty getting computer skill B/social D is a must. Computers to stabilize cores (get good traits and remove bad ones faster) et social to get the requirement on shopkeeper bot role. For hard mode it's the same idea but with lower values, gotta find what works for you. Keep in mind that working at home for all your AP gives huge amounts of skill experience (and okay money), so starting at a bottom value is not that bad.
Or, you can just get a lucky pull in the scrapyard, roll your head on the keyboard and win anyways.

I'm using MrShaky's parts and Daeldaron's mods and play hard mode on a breeze, without even exploiting the combat bot offer.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
The additional parts (ears, wings, horns and genitals for ex, plus the increased diversity in parts quality ratings), sort of feels like Montgomery's Operation Market Garden, where they tried to go "a bridge too far".
My mod is responsible for increased vanilla part type qualities. Daedalrons mod adds the extra ears, wings horns, genitals and tails.

Yes and no. If you're aiming for a certain part then sure you're less likely to find it. If you just want a powercore then the weights should be roughly similar. The added parts from Daedalrons mod would decrease chances of all normal part types though.
Hopefully at some point Radnor adds some kind of direct purchase feature so you can buy parts from their manufacturers at a higher(possibly much higher) cost. That would solve the problem of mod parts oversaturating the loot tables for the most part.

Social skill is not improving over time.
Atm the only way to improve social is by relaxing at the club(not the pay option). And it's fairly slow unless you have a very low social level.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes