4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
ahhhhh, so I was misunderstanding the mechanics of the MC skill growth then. Every other skill, grows via training the bots. With the 5 AP already being taxed, burning them at the club is not an option.

I agree, it would be VERY nice, to be able to place a "parts seeking" ad on the web where we can sell parts/bots.

The biggest difficulty comes when you need that A/S part to avoid downgrading the bot. (I may be mistaken here, but I'd think a bot calling for an 'A' component, would sell for substantially less if it came with a "D" version of that same component.)

**finally made it past 1st payments in 'ITS HARD' mode. Had to disassemble the 1st 2 bots I scrounged, to have parts to fix the 3rd one.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
ahhhhh, so I was misunderstanding the mechanics of the MC skill growth then. Every other skill, grows via training the bots.
Only combat and sex grow through training the bots. Social grows by relaxing at the club (terribly slow but only option for now). Mech, Electro and Computer grow by working at home or repairing parts requiring the corresponding skill.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
For the BBS vendors, I know we can request by slot and reward by id, but can we reward by slot?
I've been trying and failing.

"reward": {
"type": "part",
"slot": "cpu",
"rate": "F",
},

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
For the BBS vendors, I know we can request by slot and reward by id, but can we reward by slot?
I've been trying and failing.

"reward": {
"type": "part",
"slot": "cpu",
"rate": "F",
},
Do you mean to "reward a random F quality CPU" with this? If that's the case i don't know if it's possible yet/if it will be.

You can reward a specific F rank part though, or make an array with all F parts CPU (need mod dependancy as of now to have multiple so be mindful of load priority) so that requests will generate with one of the possible rewards at random (see the base game cpu request for array syntax).

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Do you mean to "reward a random F quality CPU" with this? If that's the case i don't know if it's possible yet/if it will be.

You can reward a specific F rank part though, or make an array with all F parts CPU (need mod dependancy as of now to have multiple so be mindful of load priority) so that requests will generate with one of the possible rewards at random (see the base game cpu request for array syntax).
Yup, already tossed together a couple random bot buyers a while ago. I am trying (attempting, anyway) to make some part vendors, and getting them to allow me to choose which part to buy.

Aside from that, being able to generate a possible list based on slot or tag instead of id would make future mods integrate way too easy. For vendors, as well as for future bots.. if 'default parts' could be "cpu": "cpu_d" or "cpu_all", or vendor list could be "reward": "skin_b". Same outline as the target_tags on the bots already- all, cheap, nice... except for parts.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Yeah i get what you're saying. i'd like that too, but let's not forget the game is version 0.3 for a reason as of now. imo the things we can do are pretty fun already, and the amount of engagement from people around is high. I think it's a game i'll be playing for a long while.

Reactions: saneulae

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Radnor is there any way to create your own name tables? I was thinking of adding custom names for my bots and just wondered if it was possible atm.
I'm pretty sure it is possible. Check the "names.json" file in the base game, you can either add names to the existing name_tables (european and japanese), and you should also be able to create a new table in that file.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Alright,

here are two mod .json files from me.

One adds 5 new bot buyers to the BBS market from various backgrounds and purposes, ranging from cheap and easy to "break a leg and sell it for as much as you can". The cooldowns and chances have been made longer and chancier, so you won't always have a copy of that offer on the screen.
The other rebalances the vanilla BBS bot offers, like the combat bot's price and requirement which was the most abuseable stuff. Cooldown and chance has also been touched a bit.

You need a mod that adds some A+ quality bots or the luxury bot offer will not be completeable, as there are none in vanilla game. You can still use the mod without it, though.

As soon as integration for trait/part quality requirements on bot requests are made available i'll be able to refine my original offers and add some more. for now creating more offers would just be flavor because there's too little requirements to work with and they'll just copy each other.

Mr_Shaky if you'd like to add my post to your mod list, thank you for your work!

Apr 3, 2019
Absolutely. Add names to any group under name_tables. I'm running some already and they generate perfectly
Ok I tried that and I ran into issues with the names generating properly, does it need to be in one of those two original categories or can you add other categories of your own? also do you have to put them into that names.json or can you integrate it into other ,json files ?

Apr 3, 2019
Alright,

here are two mod .json files from me.

One adds 5 new bot buyers to the BBS market from various backgrounds and purposes, ranging from cheap and easy to "break a leg and sell it for as much as you can". The cooldowns and chances have been made longer and chancier, so you won't always have a copy of that offer on the screen.
The other rebalances the vanilla BBS bot offers, like the combat bot's price and requirement which was the most abuseable stuff. Cooldown and chance has also been touched a bit.

You need a mod that adds some A+ quality bots or the luxury bot offer will not be completeable, as there are none in vanilla game. You can still use the mod without it, though.

As soon as integration for trait/part quality requirements on bot requests are made available i'll be able to refine my original offers and add some more. for now creating more offers would just be flavor because there's too little requirements to work with and they'll just copy each other.

Mr_Shaky if you'd like to add my post to your mod list, thank you for your work!
Nice! I'm gonna check this out, will help with some of my higher end bots. Is it ok if I take a look at the code and maybe add some of my own buyers/scenarios to it for my own mod?

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Absolutely. Add names to any group under name_tables. I'm running some already and they generate perfectly
Ok I tried that and I ran into issues with the names generating properly, does it need to be in one of those two original categories or can you add other categories of your own? also do you have to put them into that names.json or can you integrate it into other ,json files ?
I saw this convo about namelists and I was bored so I expanded the 2 vanilla namelists.
European namelist 16->126 names
Japanese namelist 16->71 names
Have fun trying to find bots with the same names now :p

Also no. New names don't have to use vanilla namelists, you don't have to put them in the existing json. Beware though that mods using the same namelists will overwrite each other not add to each other. So if you try to add names to vanilla lists without including the existing names they'll not appear. And if more than 2 mods modify the same list the one with the highest priority wins. At least I think that's the case.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Here is my working list in txt. The format can be applied in any json you're running, just like any other asset.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I saw this convo about namelists and I was bored so I expanded the 2 vanilla namelists.
Mega link

Also no. New names don't have to use vanilla namelists, you don't have to put them in the existing json. Beware though that mods using the same namelists will overwrite each other not add to each other. So if you try to add names to vanilla lists without including the existing names they'll not appear. And if more than 2 mods modify the same list the one with the highest priority wins. At least I think that's the case.
Good to know about the overwrite.. I didn't consider that, and haven't been watching for it. Honestly, with the rename function, I've been paying more attention to which model it is.

Apr 3, 2019
Mega link

Thanks!

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
Some thing i've noticed after launching the game again and again while tweaking my BBS offer mod: when creating a new game, all offers start available day 1 morning, whatever the chance/cooldown of appearance is. It feels really weird, but it was nice for me to see what works.
It's also nice for anyone who wants to try my stuff and see what to expect from the requests :p

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes