4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Does Shopkeeper stack with Techie/Clerk?
No. Shopkeeper replaces both and is better than either.

Happy, simple-minded bots. The other option is to 100% S rank their skills so they stop getting xp at all :p
I think lore-wise the CPU only affects learning speed while the psychocore is responsible for personality and retaining learned knowledge. Which is why you can downgrade the CPU after getting skills to the wanted level.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I'm thinking about a way to get bots with missing parts in the dump (as if someone already took the part, but left the rest of the damaged bot in the dump).

So I was thinking, instead of just using the tag "all" at (for example) 6, maybe I could create 3 identical bot models, with different part missing, and using the tag chance "dump_site_scavenge" at 2 for the 3 bot ids (so the total chance would stay at 6 for the model), while keeping the other tags "all", "nice" and so on at 0 for the bots with missing parts.
Would this work?

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
I'm thinking about a way to get bots with missing parts in the dump (as if someone already took the part, but left the rest of the damaged bot in the dump).

So I was thinking, instead of just using the tag "all" at (for example) 6, maybe I could create 3 identical bot models, with different part missing, and using the tag chance "dump_site_scavenge" at 2 for the 3 bot ids (so the total chance would stay at 6 for the model), while keeping the other tags "all", "nice" and so on at 0 for the bots with missing parts.
Would this work?
So someone has a bot with a bad CPU and yanks the power core and dumps the rest? For optics you could just make a part and call it missing,but it would still require some stat and you would still have to remove/replace it correct? Or are you trying to make it actually missing?

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Making it missing would be a challenge. But maybe we could create a part called "Missing part", with a defect that is both disabling and irrepairable? And then create a bot id that is equiped with that missing part.

Metzger and the junkies are going to the dump to gather still repairable parts, it wouldn't be strange for others to do the same. So if someone threw an A-rank bot in the dump, maybe someone already took the working parts, for example A-rank vocoder, leaving the rest because it would take too much time/skills to repair.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
The customer is always right....
client brings in an S bot for repairs, I raid all the repairable parts and replace with C or D.
Customer gives me a 1395 bonus.
step 4, profit.
Hey that's illegal!! ...jk but that should be balanced. Then again, maybe that's actually realistic? Like when you take your car to the repair shop and the dude says that the car has a host of issues that didn't even exist before and ripping you off lol

WayonF95

Dec 17, 2016
Hi, Can someone explain me what cause this error ??

I suspect too many crazed shopkeeper in office (o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O) ,but an opinion from expert would be appreciated...

Thanks

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Making it missing would be a challenge. But maybe we could create a part called "Missing part", with a defect that is both disabling and irrepairable? And then create a bot id that is equiped with that missing part.

Metzger and the junkies are going to the dump to gather still repairable parts, it wouldn't be strange for others to do the same. So if someone threw an A-rank bot in the dump, maybe someone already took the working parts, for example A-rank vocoder, leaving the rest because it would take too much time/skills to repair.
would need interchangeable slot id, or a part for each slot.. But then would also need a random event to generate that 'missing part' into the slot or not... as its framed now, we would need multiple bot_ids with missing parts. I did try something similar, but it got filed under "try again next update" lol

This is why I like the idea of defining a 'part type' in the parts.. create a default choice for parts, and let the game generate parts randomly.
part_slot: eyes,
part_type: eyes_b,

then whenever eyes_b is called, game can call from list. Add that missing part to each part type, or just have a 'none' chance to create an empty slot.

Last edited:

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021

So what is needed is a part called missing,but also in the description when you click on the part it should say something like the "such and such is gone,but they left the casing/housing behind,and it needs removed if it is to be repaired...amateurs"

Reactions: dmmt
Jan 7, 2018
Happy, simple-minded bots. The other option is to 100% S rank their skills so they stop getting xp at all :p
capping a skill does not stop xp gain, the only skill that does this is autonomy
So what is needed is a part called missing,but also in the description when you click on the part it should say something like the "such and such is gone,but they left the casing/housing behind,and it needs removed if it is to be repaired...amateurs"
radnor talked about a "default" part to use for save/mod compatability, basicly for truncating missing or orphaned id's

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
would need interchangeable slot id, or a part for each slot.. But then would also need a random event to generate that 'missing part' into the slot or not... as its framed now, we would need multiple bot_ids with missing parts.
Requiring a part for each slot is not that big of an issue, copy-paste FTW. Every part can also use the same defect.

Since I can't make a random event, my plan was to cheat, by creating multiple bot ids for each model, one with all the parts, where you give values for the "all", "cheap", "nice" and so on, and other ids with missing parts, where you put the "all, cheap, nice" at 0, and use the "dump_site_scavenge" target chance instead (so that it can only be found in the dump). It's a roundabout way that would make the mod a nightmare, especially when we need to upgrade (I don't really want to add 3-4 variants to each of my 28 models, and then have to tweak more than a hundred bot ids...), but I don't see how we can do it otherwise ourselves (until Radnor add such a functionnality by default).

I've tried a quick and dirty version, and it seems to work, apart from the fact that the "missing part" has an integrity value and can be repaired to 100%...

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Requiring a part for each slot is not that big of an issue, copy-paste FTW. Every part can also use the same defect.

Since I can't make a random event, my plan was to cheat, by creating multiple bot ids for each model, one with all the parts, where you give values for the "all", "cheap", "nice" and so on, and other ids with missing parts, where you put the "all, cheap, nice" at 0, and use the "dump_site_scavenge" target chance instead (so that it can only be found in the dump). It's a roundabout way that would make the mod a nightmare, especially when we need to upgrade (I don't really want to add 3-4 variants to each of my 28 models, and then have to tweak more than a hundred bot ids...), but I don't see how we can do it otherwise ourselves (until Radnor add such a functionnality by default).

I've tried a quick and dirty version, and it seems to work, apart from the fact that the "missing part" has an integrity value and can be repaired to 100%...
kinda where I ended up with my attempt too.

to help solve the repairable missing part, create a new part_defect (empty) set at repairable false. integrity 0,99999.
part rank: F
possible_defects: { (None, 0,0), (empty, 0, 99999) }

between Rad's 'kill all F parts' and high defects from the dump, should be effective

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
possible_defects: { (None, 0,0), (empty, 0, 99999) }
I don't think that would work, as the defect would only appear when the part is at 0% integrity.
What I did was this:
"possible_defects": [("dae_missing",100,100),("dae_missing",0,100),]

And it works, the part always has the defect active. The only issue is that the part integrity can still be repaired (fix_part action), even though the defect cannot (fix_defect is greyed). But as a sort of workaround, I could make the repair ultra easy so that even an unskilled mechanic can bring it back to 100% in one action.
Also, I made it so that when the part gets replaced, the "missing part" part is tossed, not added to inventory. So there no need for a "kill all F parts".

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I don't think that would work, as the defect would only appear when the part is at 0% integrity.
What I did was this:
"possible_defects": [("dae_missing",100,100),("dae_missing",0,100),]

And it works, the part always has the defect active. The only issue is that the part integrity can still be repaired (fix_part action), even though the defect cannot (fix_defect is greyed). But as a sort of workaround, I could make the repair ultra easy so that even an unskilled mechanic can bring it back to 100% in one action.
Also, I made it so that when the part gets replaced, the "missing part" part is tossed, not added to inventory. So there no need for a "kill all F parts".
I forgot about the disabling / destroyed as true in the defect too. If the defect appears at all, it is always destroyed.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
DO be careful when replacing highend CpUs.

I HAD, an (S) grade CpU. I swapped into a bot to train up SEX, then swapped it out for QuadX. Hit SLEEP...and my Shopkeeper bot SOLD my (S) grade CpU because I had not remembered to put a DNS tag on it.

Sold the Shopkeeper bot to the spoiled rich kid for 100k

edit: for grins, I decided to take a look at HARDCORE mode....10 skill points Thats 1 in each so you can get E ratings, then you get to take 1 to a D. lol this might be a short adventure

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018

I HAD, an (S) grade CpU. I swapped into a bot to train up SEX, then swapped it out for QuadX. Hit SLEEP...and my Shopkeeper bot SOLD my (S) grade CpU because I had not remembered to put a DNS tag on it.

edit: for grins, I decided to take a look at HARDCORE mode....10 skill points Thats 1 in each so you can get E ratings, then you get to take 1 to a D. lol this might be a short adventure
yeah, the first rent payment kills ya, you need to do a quick flip to survive it and then get lucky on a bot with skills
best to get combat D and social D and leave everything else at F, first bot you get and repair gets flipped for quick cash for rent
next bot either has to have skills or needs to be C+ to fulfill a bodyguard offer, from there youre pretty much good to go aslong as you keep up with payments, once you trained a bit in mec and elec you can start spamming shopkeeper bots for passive income, which should keep up with rent

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I got lucky, 1st bot I got I fixed up a and sold for 36k. Then I went days w/o finding anything and was getting seriously concerned and then got STUPID lucky. Found a high end bot that only needed new skin. Replaced the irepairable skin, fixed up the (A) and (B) grade components, then hacked and stabilized. (S) Combat and (S) sex lit up by default. HAD to take adv of the combat and sold it for 250k. Wanted to keep it. Figured if I tried to "train" it, it would train me. But I had to have the cash.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021

You do know you can use the back button in the upper right correct? It lets you roll back time(keeps the kind of thing you mention from happening very well :)

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes