4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I'm trying to add some vendors to the grey net BBS but it keeps crashing after several days, I've added some new offers and those work fine but for some reason these ones are an issue. I've posted the code below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As usual any help is very much appreciated.
the obvious questions-
double check spelling for typos against part_id's.
the parts are successfully loaded in game during testing.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019
The customer is always right....
client brings in an S bot for repairs, I raid all the repairable parts and replace with C or D.
Customer gives me a 1395 bonus.
step 4, profit.
Nice, FYI for the next version of my mod I'm adding a couple of BBS offers that can make you some real money.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
This is a story about how I broke my tech...my perfect tech.

I picked up an R6-Grace in the junk heap one day. S level mechanical skills and A Electrical. Sex skill was 18E,and zero social skill.
A few nice parts later and she was a rocking tech. Talking ++ and S ratings in mechanical and electrical. Maybe once a week I had to hack her from 91% stability back to 100%. So how did I break my tech?

Bored one night and well I ran out of shit to do,so I looked at that Sex skill and though hmmm I can improve that.
10 bones later she was a B...wth? Man this bot loved sex,and holy shit did she learn fast. We banged for a straight day and a half before she hit S level. It was an amazing ride! I go back to my normal work grind....then I notice.

When she so much as touches anything mechanical or electrical she loses 8-12%. I can fuck her for a day straight and she does not even drop 5%...but her daily job? Yea,she is totally unstable lunatic by the end of the day. Turns out you can fuck a bots brains out.

So a piece of advice. Keep your techs techs and bedroom toys separate lol.

Enjoying the game still,and have added most mods at this point. :)

Side note she still has zero social skill...just nods a lot....after the weeks of dealing with her instability I finally just put her in storage,and well bring her out on occasion for a little fun....sigh.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Here's my last hour-
still attempting variations on vendors. Of course, I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm just guessing at syntax by now.
CtrlC to slap together a new outline, and error after error, I finally get the mod to run. Now I'm in game just resting and checking the market for my vendor, but he never shows up..... Change some script, reload, repeat. Repeat, repeat repeat.
just a suggestion for all us newbies: don't use the same mod_id as something already in use. IRDumbass.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
well, that explains why 1 of my bots goes glitchy as hades every 4 or 5 days.
I also noticed even bots that can have 3 jobs seem much more stable with two. I only have a few bots that can handle 3,but I stick with two for my own sanity(and to save time by not having to hack as often). It also seems to be exp based. The more a bot learns the more unstable it becomes...so less jobs=slower exp growth. Hope that helps you out.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
typo: part labeled as LEGS, description reads ARMS...
That one is from Mr_Shaky mod.
Since it's only visual it's no big deal. Arms and legs are so similar in game that they're literaly just copy-pastes with name/id changed from arm to leg. Missed the description though obviously. :p

Nice, FYI for the next version of my mod I'm adding a couple of BBS offers that can make you some real money.
You might want to make it a standalone mod unless it relies on your mod-specific parts/bots.
Can still bundle it with your other mod.

Apr 3, 2019
Since it's only visual it's no big deal. Arms and legs are so similar in game that they're literaly just copy-pastes with name/id changed from arm to leg. Missed the description though obviously. :p

You might want to make it a standalone mod unless it relies on your mod-specific parts/bots.
Can still bundle it with your other mod.
It does actually need mod parts, so that's why I wanted it all together.

Regardless it's working now, just need to test bot balance so i'll probably release 0.03 in the next couple of days, baring anymore unforeseen issues. *crosses fingers*

Apr 3, 2019
I also noticed even bots that can have 3 jobs seem much more stable with two. I only have a few bots that can handle 3,but I stick with two for my own sanity(and to save time by not having to hack as often). It also seems to be exp based. The more a bot learns the more unstable it becomes...so less jobs=slower exp growth. Hope that helps you out.
I wonder if psychocore stability has anything to do with it.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
That is what I was saying. Earning exp=lower psychore stability. The process of learning maybe? Either way if a bot is doing lots more work(earning exp while doing so)...the stability will go down...at least in my exp it always has.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
So would a higher grade core, arrest some of that degradation? One would expect it to be so.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
That is what I was saying. Earning exp=lower psychore stability. The process of learning maybe? Either way if a bot is doing lots more work(earning exp while doing so)...the stability will go down...at least in my exp it always has.
So would a higher grade core, arrest some of that degradation? One would expect it to be so.
Earning XP does decrease stability.
I don't know if the rating of the bot has any impact on how much it decreases but the bot models have a "psychocore_stability_decay_mult" value which influences how much XP gains impact stability.
In vanilla all bots are set to 1 except the AGRX-10 which is set to 0.5 so it decays at 50%(takes 2x more XP to reduce stability by the same amount).

If you are using mods you can check the values in the json.
Though keep in mind low stability in the current version is only a good thing because it makes it more likely to gain skill smart traits. Skill dumb too but you should hack those away immedietly and try again to get smart. Other than traits it has no effect.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
actually, lower grade processors would help with this, as they reduce xp gains, therfore reduce stab decay
So in short learn the skills and gain the traits,then put in total crap to slow degradation.

Side note. Kind of about something I hope to see in the game either through mods or designed into the core.
Chassis. Blank empty ones,with all or more slots than pre-made bots. Need a chassis for your ultimate creature bot,ultimate woman,or even war machine? It would take making art functional in slots(for appearances of different parts),so no simple task.
I can dream though right?

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes