• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Nova Minx

Aug 8, 2022
The game that brought me to the site.

Just so much fun building the robots. Only wish it kept going and there was more to do with the robots like working or hiring out.

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
I have found that mod files with .webm or other .web ecmxtensions cause issues with the game. .jpeg files work great like with rt600

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Ok, guys, situation update.

My plan was to release v0.5 in August, but obviously things are not going as planned.

Tried cutting down todo list, tried rescheduling stuff, considered finding helpers. Unfortunately, it just not working. I'm getting swarmed with IRL stuff, had to chop side projects and even a few lesser paid gigs, DSCS was pretty much the last pet project I tried/hoped to keep alive.
All things considered, I have decided to officially drop it. If you are supporting the game with Patreon/SubscribeStar, please unsubscribe before September. Really appreciate your support, guys, sorry for my inability to deliver as planned, 20's keep screwing things up.
If/when my issues are resolved, I may return to the idea with enough time and resources to remake the game from scratch. There were lots of ideas I really liked but not implemented. Maybe DSCS reincarnation will have better luck.

Game links and sources will stay available. If you want to pick it up and continue development or make a fork with a different story or gameplay, feel free to do so, can change the game name and links too, just mention the original somewhere.

Again, sorry for leaving the game unfinished, and thank you for your feedback and support!

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018

My plan was to release v0.5 in August, but obviously things are not going as planned.

Tried cutting down todo list, tried rescheduling stuff, considered finding helpers. Unfortunately, it just not working. I'm getting swarmed with IRL stuff, had to chop side projects and even a few lesser paid gigs, DSCS was pretty much the last pet project I tried/hoped to keep alive.
All things considered, I have decided to officially drop it. If you are supporting the game with Patreon/SubscribeStar, please unsubscribe before September. Really appreciate your support, guys, sorry for my inability to deliver as planned, 20's keep screwing things up.
If/when my issues are resolved, I may return to the idea with enough time and resources to remake the game from scratch. There were lots of ideas I really liked but not implemented. Maybe DSCS reincarnation will have better luck.

Game links and sources will stay available. If you want to pick it up and continue development or make a fork with a different story or gameplay, feel free to do so, can change the game name and links too, just mention the original somewhere.

Again, sorry for leaving the game unfinished, and thank you for your feedback and support!
You must be the most honorable creator on here! Most of them just ghost or leave all the followers waiting for months with nothing. I do hope that you come back to it sometime. I would also love to see what was planned for 0.5 :)

Best of luck and hope to see more of you in the future!!!

Hellraisers3

Nov 8, 2017

Really sad to see this one go, it had so much potential.

Hazure

Nov 14, 2017
Keep pluggin' away at it. Like the old joke, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018

I was looking at your code and it is very nice and clean! Just not many comments to guide someone. If you could maybe send me a general idea of what direction you were planning to go with this, I want to expand it :)

Reactions: Molvaeth

talosparoxi

Jul 2, 2020

That's too bad, I was honestly super into this game and its system. I hope things get better for you man, what you already provided is already tonnes of fun.

Reactions: Fyo

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Thank you, guys :D

I was looking at your code and it is very nice and clean! Just not many comments to guide someone. If you could maybe send me a general idea of what direction you were planning to go with this, I want to expand it :)
General direction was to make cyberpunk-themed world from bot mechanic's pov. Meaning more gameplay focus on bot repair/training and more story focus on corporations, gangs, cults and exploration of old ethics in new world. Less rails, more sandbox i guess.
If you want to expand it, feel free to do as you see fit. As long as it is marked as derivative work or change name, i wouldn't mind any changes, after all mods were added to allow exactly this, expanding game world.

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
This was one of the games I was most looking forward to. I hope to see you able to develop it again someday! If not, best of luck in life(y)

Reactions: DanLong

Molvaeth

Aug 30, 2020
Announcement: As Radnor has given basically a carte blanche, a small group has formed that is planning to continue DSCS.

We cannot and do not want to promise anything at the moment, but if somehow possible we'd like to prevent this little gem from disappearing.

If someone wants to participate or has even started something like this on their own and prefers to work with others, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Depressing outcome, not optimistic about any followup attempts as nobody will be matching the passion and vision of the auteur. Oh well.

Wobble2020

Jan 2, 2018
Appreciate your devotion and motivation! Best of luck with your efforts and look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
Announcement: As Radnor has given basically a carte blanche, a small group has formed that is planning to continue DSCS.

We cannot and do not want to promise anything at the moment, but if somehow possible we'd like to prevent this little gem from disappearing.

If someone wants to participate or has even started something like this on their own and prefers to work with others, feel free to contact me.
I hope this works out, as I just discovered this game, and definitely see the potential.

mineride

Apr 14, 2019
Please reup again as all of your mods seem gone now. Try a different site like mega please.
done :

I can't because it will be another problem to deal with : size of the file i can have. i will keep gofile and upgrade it when i can. for now, i will keep watching request for reupload and also check my mail more often for the gofile police reminder

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
done :

I can't because it will be another problem to deal with : size of the file i can have. i will keep gofile and upgrade it when i can. for now, i will keep watching request for reupload and also check my mail more often for the gofile police reminder
Hi Mineride! is it ok if we use some of your mods in a new variant of DSCS?

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes