Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
WhitePhantom Can you guide me, what to do after going to the laptop in the latest update because whatever I am doing it gives me shorts_20220613_153053.jpg
:mad: This screen. I am on vanessa route and took police team. I cannot overcome the laptop :FacePalm::FacePalm:
Below I am giving all the screens I encountered
shorts_20220613_152713.jpg
shorts_20220613_152946.jpg
shorts_20220613_153012.jpg
shorts_20220613_153034.jpg
Please help :cry::cry::cry:

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
WhitePhantom Can you guide me, what to do after going to the laptop in the latest update because whatever I am doing it gives me
:mad: This screen. I am on vanessa route and took police team. I cannot overcome the laptop :FacePalm::FacePalm:
Below I am giving all the screens I encountered
Please help :cry::cry::cry:
Have you looked at the USB Stick? (The Grey Icon with the USB Symbol), and opened the different tabs on it?

If you have, have you used any cheat mod or edited anything to do with HeltonProgress or DivineProgress? If you have this breaks the game as at some points you need less than the maximum (which you cannot achieve with mods) to continue, you'll need to edit them back down to below the maximum the same way you maxed them out.

They're the only two things I can think of that would cause this, other than the save being from before v.0.9.1 in which case it just will not work going forward.

Reactions: Belzeebub$

Dactess

Sep 9, 2021
So kind of a random question ( and I might have missed it in game but I have only seen mention of him being in his 30s ) how old is the MC? Only saw mention of him not being that old and several years younger than Vanessa

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
First of all thanks for the prompt and reply and providing with probable solutions
Have you looked at the USB Stick?
Yes, I have and there is nothing new.
If you have, have you used any cheat mod or edited anything to do with HeltonProgress or DivineProgress? If you have this breaks the game as at some points you need less than the maximum
I am using AB's cheat mod. I already approached with this problem in that thread too, (I am yet to receive any reply). I think you are correct. I have played without mod and there was no such problem. FYI, I did not edit any progress points and the saves are from last version i.e. 12. Anyway, thanks again, for the reply and solutions. Keep up your good work. P.S : I am so looking forward to shadows over manston. It has an update pending for a long time.

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
If you invite Jenna around day 10, the following morning there was a gas explosion everybody magically knows about, including MC, but I didn't.... Missed some story there. Feels bad, unlike most.

----

Mis attribution:

Code:
    p "The Police have some evidence that Fleur and Charles were having a sexual relationship."
    p "Oh." # Should be Connie Frankland

Last edited:

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
If you invite Jenna around day 10, the following morning there was a gas explosion everybody magically knows about, including MC, but I didn't.... Missed some story there. Feels bad, unlike most.

----

Mis attribution:

Code:
    p "The Police have some evidence that Fleur and Charles were having a sexual relationship."
    p "Oh." # Should be Connie Frankland
There are several news stories on it, many people complained when earlier in the game I forced people to read the articles, so now it just defaults to the MC having read them without the player needing to, they are updated daily on the computer.

For the second part, thanks, I'll fix it.

Reactions: Ghostly

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
There are several news stories on it, many people complained when earlier in the game I forced people to read the articles, so now it just defaults to the MC having read them without the player needing to, they are updated daily on the computer.
Isn't it weird that you're splitting the player's and MC's knowledge? If feels off, disassociative, that the MC knows things I don't and reacts like I should know them. Also, in this case I don't know when I would've read the news. If you don't invite Jenna, you hear the radio talk about it. If you do invite Jenna, there's no moment to read the gas explosion news. I always check the news. I don't think I missed this.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Isn't it weird that you're splitting the player's and MC's knowledge? If feels off, disassociative, that the MC knows things I don't and reacts like I should know them. Also, in this case I don't know when I would've read the news. If you don't invite Jenna, you hear the radio talk about it. If you do invite Jenna, there's no moment to read the gas explosion news. I always check the news. I don't think I missed this.
I'll go back and check it (y)

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
I LOVE the whole Vanessa arc! I almost missed that one. Replay is hard though, with all the news and missions and thinking. A gallery would help to get a sense of the many scenes I must have missed. GREAT game!

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
I LOVE the whole Vanessa arc! I almost missed that one. Replay is hard though, with all the news and missions and thinking. A gallery would help to get a sense of the many scenes I must have missed. GREAT game!
13.6 added a gallery that separates all the scenes into the relevant character sections.

Reactions: majdaddin

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
The blonde lesbian is very hot, I hope the MC has more scenes with her alone, delesbinolizing her

May 3, 2022
So, I am assuming there won't be anyone else apart from Sophie which would get scene with MC in Vanessa path. I so wish something happens between her daughter and mc even if it leads to their break up,

Dec 20, 2021
Love the game except for a couple of things like do we really need to see the MC pissing all the time im sure we can leave that out.....and the MC looks like hes in his late 40s early 50s not someone under the age of 40 dude looks like hes been smoking for 20 years as old as he looks.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
This is set on Line 29847 (defaulted to False). Is there a particular scene/scenario where this is causing an error?
I didn't see any errors, but it seems like maybe there's a dialogue option missing for the MC to tell the nurse he has a girlfriend? There are a few dialogue variations for E3MaisieGirlfriend being true that can't be triggered currently, as far as I can tell.

4.60 star(s) 146 Votes