botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I won't even get into the Steph thing, there's too much discussion about telling devs how to continue or end their stories right now anyway, so I'm just going to check if there's a path I find enjoyable (she's already my least favourite anyway, because she seems so needy) and if not that's it for her.
What I do hope though is that we are done with having to restart the game, it is becoming really frustrating for me, I just don't have the time and thb the nerve to play and play the same content again and again.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I won't even get into the Steph thing, there's too much discussion about telling devs how to continue or end their stories right now anyway, so I'm just going to check if there's a path I find enjoyable (she's already my least favourite anyway, because she seems so needy) and if not that's it for her.
What I do hope though is that we are done with having to restart the game, it is becoming really frustrating for me, I just don't have the time and thb the nerve to play and play the same content again and again.
I don't envision any need to restart the game again, other than when v.1.0 is out to play it completely from the beginning when it is polished, sounds sorted etc etc. v.09.1.1 needed a restart just to add a ton of new features and also scenes on Day 1, but all the framework and everything is in the game, so from now on there's no need to add anything earlier on, just keep building on what is there.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I presume this have been reported already but in case:

The game has some major problem with the wheel of the mouse rollback. If you do a rollback a few message after a smarthphone or a laptop session, the games istantly rolls back to the start of the session. Since it sometimes happens accidentally or since it's the fastest way to go back to a message you feel you didn't read right, this issue tends to be a big annoyance, i fear.

I'm not complaying, i just wanted to report a problem

Reactions: qaywsx and Ghostly

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
So, I send Chloe a request, she answered, but how do I get the whistle app to do anything?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So, I send Chloe a request, she answered, but how do I get the whistle app to do anything?
You don't, it won't. Check SMSs, she then follows you on the pictures app and there you find a bunch or her pics in a secondary account.

Reactions: botc76

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
So, I played through most routes and while it took quite some time, I have to say, it wasn't bad. So much had changed, and the last version I played was so long ago that I didn't really mind replaying the game that much.

I love how the different leads and the news articles and all paint a picture of the story and how many options there are.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I love how the different leads and the news articles and all paint a picture of the story and how many options there are.
That's one of several things I think WhitePhantom did really well with this game. The news articles aren't required, but they are very well integrated with both the general happenings from day to day but also with some of the choices the MC can make (particularly gambling). It immerses you more deeply into the story and helps establish connections between different stories (like a news article mentioning that DCI Cavendish (Vanessa) will be working closely with the independent candidate, Bethany Holdsworth. If you didn't follow her path, you don't really see her in the rest of the game (as of this latest release), but this reference shows that people technically out of the MC's life aren't necessarily full out of his life (a lot like reality, which sometimes is unfortunate).

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Last update I played it was 7 or 8 'till now, and I'm enjoying a lot. My favorite one is Steph, then Vanessa and Ellie. About Vanessa's route, I'd like to see how the trip will be. Will be there a path for Vanessa's daughter? And about Ellie, the dinner will be funny, meeting her mom, her sisters... Well, let's wait to see. Good work, WhitePhantom

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Basically, you have the choice to tell Ellie (via text) to dress sexy in the office. You also have the option repeated later (if you don't choose it at first), via dialogue. If you choose a sexy Ellie at the office (she's always sexy, but you know what I mean), you'll get the office-slut path. (She jumps right into the roll and seems to enjoy it.) Not choosing that gives you the more romantic version, without doing stuff at the office (although there is almost sex at the office, the morning after she first sleeps at your place). (She also seems to really enjoy the romance.) So just choose whatever version of a relationship with Ellie you prefer.

The above is all as of right now; it's totally possible there will be office sex later. That's dependent on what WhitePhantom does going forward.
Is this only for people on the Ellie path? If you on whats her name... the police blonde path, you can't tell Ellie to dress sexy?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is this only for people on the Ellie path? If you on whats her name... the police blonde path, you can't tell Ellie to dress sexy?
Hrmmm... I haven't tried. I think the only prerequisite for getting a potentially sexy office Ellie is to build up your relationship as more intimate with her (presumably including a sleepover at the MC's place, since that's in the normal Ellie path). Then the MC just has to tell her (via a text message) to dress sexy in the office. (You'll have a chance later to tell her face-to-face to dress sexy, if you missed doing so by text.)

However, I know Steph has put a hard no to the question of whether or not she'll share. So if you want to try to cheat on Steph with Ellie and let the shrapnel fly where it may, I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hrmmm... I haven't tried. I think the only prerequisite for getting a potentially sexy office Ellie is to build up your relationship as more intimate with her (presumably including a sleepover at the MC's place, since that's in the normal Ellie path). Then the MC just has to tell her (via a text message) to dress sexy in the office. (You'll have a chance later to tell her face-to-face to dress sexy, if you missed doing so by text.)

However, I know Steph has put a hard no to the question of whether or not she'll share. So if you want to try to cheat on Steph with Ellie and let the shrapnel fly where it may, I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
Oh yea, I'm looking forward to cheating with that bitch roommate too... don't judge me XD.

As for Ellie, I don't know how much I can do for her while staying on Steph path. I think a big choice that dinner date. You could ask Steph or Ellie. I picked Steph there and didn't really get anywhere with Ellie after that. Anyways, I'll just have to wait til next update to try again since I deleted the folder already.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Oh yea, I'm looking forward to cheating with that bitch roommate too... don't judge me XD.

As for Ellie, I don't know how much I can do for her while staying on Steph path. I think a big choice that dinner date. You could ask Steph or Ellie. I picked Steph there and didn't really get anywhere with Ellie after that. Anyways, I'll just have to wait til next update to try again since I deleted the folder already.
Good luck.

4.60 star(s) 146 Votes