Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
Mulan could've made it more difficult to release for free aeons ago, but he hasn't.

He's going to finish the game when he finishes it, and I think it's even more ridiculous to waste your time complaining if you don't have anything of value invested in the outcome.
How could he make it more difficult to pirate, since its not he who brings updates here and on other platforms? Also if complaining is a waste of time, what it makes complaining about others complaining?

Reactions: AlisaB and Cucky 27

Hexydezimal

Sep 18, 2018
How could he make it more difficult to pirate, since its not he who brings updates here and on other platforms? Also if complaining is a waste of time, what it makes complaining about others complaining?
Don't know how many of these you've played, but there are creators who copy protect their games regularly (Aika comes to mind) and make it more difficult to pirate them. So I don't see the point in making a big deal over a few extra days.

...and ah, the classic "I know you are, but what am I?" argument popularized by Pee Wee Herman.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
...and ah, the classic "I know you are, but what am I?" argument popularized by Pee Wee Herman.
Nope.
The thing you are referencing is "I redirect your own offense back at you!"
This is "I am calling you out for having a double-standard regarding what you consider warranting offense."
The difference is that the offendee isn't just pretending the offense doesn't apply to themselves and instead applies to the offender. Here, the offendee acknowledges the point the offender made, and shows the offender how it applies to them.

In short, "no u" and "your logic actually applies to you, let me show you" are not the same thing.
In even shorter: One has a basis. The other does not.

Last edited:

Hexydezimal

Sep 18, 2018
Nope.
The thing you are referencing is "I redirect your own offense back at you!"
This is "I am calling you out for having a double-standard regarding what you consider warranting offense."
The difference is that the offendee isn't just pretending the offense doesn't apply to themselves and instead applies to the offender. Here, the offendee acknowledges the point the offender made, and shows the offender how it applies to them.

In short, "no u" and "your logic actually applies to you, let me show you" are not the same thing.
In even shorter: One has a basis. The other does not.
I must admit that I'm interested now: what do you think the valid basis is for so frequently complaining about the same thing ad nauseum when you know the developer is slow -- and have known this for months, if not years?

If I'm not mistaken, that is the colloquial definition of madness is it not? Doing the same thing over and over, when it's crystal clear that it's having little to no effect? How am I suddenly holding a double standard by finding the relentless bitching a bit annoying? Seems quite reasonable to me. We're 173 pages in on this topic and a considerable portion of those are bellyaching about the speed of production. I don't come to this topic to read how smart you think you are when you can gotcha Mulan for being a bit sluggish the 1,290,391th time, I'm here to check for updates to Defenestration.

I assumed everyone was coming here because they enjoy the game, but now I'm starting to realise that it's so some of you can talk shit about him to get your kicks. You've beaten this dead horse to smithereens, there's no point anymore.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: AlisaB

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
what do you think the valid basis is for so frequently complaining about the same thing ad nauseum
I said nothing regarding this topic. The developer releases their game at the speed they release their game. I know nothing about the developer's life and neither know how much time they have available for developing the game, how skilled they are with their chosen engine or programming in general, nor do I know what challenges face the developer in the process of making the game. This makes me exceedingly unqualified to have an opinion on how quickly the developer should be releasing.
For the topic on which I did have an opinion, please refer to my previous post.

Last edited:

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
I said nothing regarding this topic. The developer releases their game at the speed they release their game. I know nothing about the developer's life and neither know how much time they have available for developing the game, how skilled they are with their chosen engine or programming in general, nor do I know what challenges face the developer in the process of making the game. This makes me exceedingly unqualified to have an opinion on how quickly the developer should be releasing.
For the topic on which I did have an opinion, please refer to my previous post.
Is it related to me or the game? Hard to tell, can you boil it down pretty please?

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
Is it related to me or the game? Hard to tell, can you boil it down pretty please?
In the most recent post, I said, in short, I don't know anything about you, your life situation, or the difficulties in making the game. I then said I'm not qualified to have an opinion on how fast you ought to be releasing it.

In the post before that, I took issue with a previous poster's logic, specifically the part I quoted. I only talked about that issue in that post. This had nothing to do with you or the game in any way. It was about what they said. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have made that post, since it was off of the thread topic. I don't post much, so I didn't really think about it.

In a post a week or two ago, I posted a bug report. I mention that because these three posts are everything I've said in this thread, to my knowledge.

However, I'll be happy to tell you my opinion about the game: I think it's a labor of love, that you care a great deal about releasing quality content. I could make some negative comments, but they'd be something like a 1%-2% problems as compared to the 98-99% enjoyment.
Again, I don't have an opinion on your speed. I don't have enough information to give one. Hell, I forgot to mention, I don't even know how often you update. I just check back on the game every now and then to see what's new.

I will say this, though. If people are complaining about the speed of your releases, no matter how negative their comment, it means they love your game and want to see more of it.

Last edited:

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
In the most recent post, I said, in short, I don't know anything about you, your life situation, or the difficulties in making the game. I then said I'm not qualified to have an opinion on how fast you ought to be releasing it.

In the post before that, I took issue with a previous poster's logic, specifically the part I quoted. I only talked about that issue in that post. This had nothing to do with you or the game in any way. It was about what they said. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have made that post, since it was off of the thread topic. I don't post much, so I didn't really think about it.

In a post a week or two ago, I posted a bug report. I mention that because these three posts are everything I've said in this thread, to my knowledge.

However, I'll be happy to tell you my opinion about the game: I think it's a labor of love, that you care a great deal about releasing quality content. I could make some negative comments, but they'd be something like a 1%-2% problems as compared to the 98-99% enjoyment.
Again, I don't have an opinion on your speed. I don't have enough information to give one. Hell, I forgot to mention, I don't even know how often you update. I just check back on the game every now and then to see what's new.

I will say this, though. If people are complaining about the speed of your releases, no matter how negative their comment, it means they love your game and want to see more of it.
Ah, I see, well, thank you:) And I update the game rarely and randomly.

Cucky 27

Jun 8, 2020
Ah, I see, well, thank you:) And I update the game rarely and randomly.
Why don't you just give a 6 months delay and work on the game and give more than 3 scenes per update and not lie about anything? Would be a better than lying every other month that u are gonna release an update and u are working on it and u have messed up looking out of that window of your's . Okay I'm out of thread for a bit

reaper-kun

Jan 4, 2018
Why don't you just give a 6 months delay and work on the game and give more than 3 scenes per update and not lie about anything? Would be a better than lying every other month that u are gonna release an update and u are working on it and u have messed up looking out of that window of your's . Okay I'm out of thread for a bit
Because it hi's business: by lying and promising that never been keeping, he bagging for donation. And after all - when he fucked up a lot of times, he post "hey suckers I'm playing in cyberpunk! do you waiting for the game? I don't care."

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
Because it hi's business: by lying and promising that never been keeping, he bagging for donation. And after all - when he fucked up a lot of times, he post "hey suckers I'm playing in cyberpunk! do you waiting for the game? I don't care."
Sadly this is true. When support skyrocketed from 200 up to 2000+, rework started and since winter 2018/2019 we see no actual development, only some extremely overextended bits of scenes.

Cucky 27

Jun 8, 2020
I might get more H scenes from cyberpunk and this game tbh what a waste of good game . IF YOU ARE A PATREON DONATE THAT MONEY TO HOMELESS PEOPLE (it's your choice just better than giving to someone like him/her)

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
I tried playing, but it honestly starts out very boring...
I have ADHD. I say this to give weight to the following statement: I'm impressed by your lack of patience...
I mean, I assume you're playing for the H-content, and you can get the first H-scene (nudity, breast enlargement) in... I dunno, 10-15 minutes? It's faster than that if you know what you're doing and rush for it. I'm trying to guess how long a new person would take to get to it.
If the H-content isn't to your liking, that's a different matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Sip
4.00 star(s) 103 Votes