IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Maybe that'd be less of an issue had you settled for an artstyle instead of several overhauls. That said, I do like the current art and hope it is here to stay.
I agree, but I just passively got better and I don’t want to deliberately draw worse.

I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about “why artists should not be lead devs” and I repeated every single textbook mistake.

I just can’t look at my old art without an almost animalistic desire to re-draw it. I did it and I’m still doing it, it has to look perfect.

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
I agree, but I just passively got better and I don’t want to deliberately draw worse.

I’ve heard plenty of horror stories about “why artists should not be lead devs” and I repeated every single textbook mistake.

I just can’t look at my old art without an almost animalistic desire to re-draw it. I did it and I’m still doing it, it has to look perfect.
I've got that same instinct so bad I can't draw literally anything without immediately destroying it...

Reactions: IncineratedMulan

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021

I do get that, and the artistic mindset can surely be more of a hindrance than anything at times. In my opinion, and that is purely an objective and neutral, not a pirate or supporter perspective, we sometimes do have to take a few steps back and look at our own shit without any bias. For the sake of your business and future as a game developer/artist, you just have to strangle that animal at times.

mulanpatreon.png

Again, this is just my opinion, but I believe that is where you could be by now if it wasn't for the downhill ride between August '21 and August '22 which I'm guessing was due to the latest overhaul and thus lack of new content (or less new content). Only in recent months your Patreon seems to be recovering from it, and so I think you have to stick to your latest art and grow with it. If you go for another overhaul in a year or two, you'll only go back into the downward spiral and basically be stuck there forever.

Stick with your art and even if you get better just make better scenes in future updates instead of overhauling the entire thing again and again. Finish the overhaul and start pushing out content. More money, more opportunities and possibilities. One example would be the ability to hire artists and commission sets of renders for a set amount of money.

You do have something at hand which can impact your whole life. By that I mean your art and a demand for the kind of game(s) you can produce. Don't get stuck in that spiral and you'll eventually have financial freedom. A better life for you and your loved ones.

That also comes with a generally happier community. The only reason you're getting so much shit is because people want more of it. A project nobody cares about doesn't attract critics/haters or whatever. You're probably aware of most of what I just said, but well, thought I'd give my opinion either way. ;)

Beowulfthetitan

Jul 14, 2017
Ugh… Help with what? And what do you mean by "nothing"? - that's just untrue. Tell me, do you know anyone that can draw like me for cheap? Because that’s the problem - I can’t draw as fast as you all want me to, and I have to make hundreds of alternative pictures for all minor and major body mods Kira may or may not have on top of that.

I need help 100%, I just can’t afford it. There is no solution, not with your attitude, so just wait and continue to download my game for free.
I didnt want to hurt you, I just wanted you to start talking with your community and they will help automatically.
like you see in the posts above AND I even said many would help for free, a bit of advice and stuff
and a game is not just art...So no harm done, just a concern frommine

• Red Heart

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
I do get that, and the artistic mindset can surely be more of a hindrance than anything at times. In my opinion, and that is purely an objective and neutral, not a pirate or supporter perspective, we sometimes do have to take a few steps back and look at our own shit without any bias. For the sake of your business and future as a game developer/artist, you just have to strangle that animal at times.

View attachment 2752765

Again, this is just my opinion, but I believe that is where you could be by now if it wasn't for the downhill ride between August '21 and August '22 which I'm guessing was due to the latest overhaul and thus lack of new content (or less new content). Only in recent months your Patreon seems to be recovering from it, and so I think you have to stick to your latest art and grow with it. If you go for another overhaul in a year or two, you'll only go back into the downward spiral and basically be stuck there forever.

Stick with your art and even if you get better just make better scenes in future updates instead of overhauling the entire thing again and again. Finish the overhaul and start pushing out content. More money, more opportunities and possibilities. One example would be the ability to hire artists and commission sets of renders for a set amount of money.

You do have something at hand which can impact your whole life. By that I mean your art and a demand for the kind of game(s) you can produce. Don't get stuck in that spiral and you'll eventually have financial freedom. A better life for you and your loved ones.

That also comes with a generally happier community. The only reason you're getting so much shit is because people want more of it. A project nobody cares about doesn't attract critics/haters or whatever. You're probably aware of most of what I just said, but well, thought I'd give my opinion either way. ;)
1665258611796504.gif

soren26

Jul 27, 2021
CrucifiedMulan , a proposition: just add a several new sex scenes, they could consist of 2-3 static pictures like you prefer to do. It should be a gangbang scene in Gym f.e. at last. Many people will be grateful for that.
Most of "haters" just want more diversity in gameplay, then they will be more tolerant to your redesign things.

Reactions: Vyacheslav Grinko

Vyacheslav Grinko

Nov 9, 2018
CrucifiedMulan , a proposition: just add a several new sex scenes, they could consist of 2-3 static pictures like you prefer to do. It should be a gangbang scene in Gym f.e. at last. Many people will be grateful for that.
Most of "haters" just want more diversity in gameplay, then they will be more tolerant to your redesign things.
I want Kira to suck all the cocks in the bar I'm barely making enough just to afford one boob surgery

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: vessna and Vodka10K

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
I didnt want to hurt you, I just wanted you to start talking with your community and they will help automatically.
like you see in the posts above AND I even said many would help for free, a bit of advice and stuff
and a game is not just art...So no harm done, just a concern frommine
I didn’t want to hurt you either and I apologize if I was too rude. Your point is valid and I actually quite liked it, I just wanted to point out that no one can help me except for myself, I’ve got to get my shit together.

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Agree. We even have a glory-hole scene, he could just change size and color of dicks and some text, if it is so hard to draw new scene. But I can't understand why it is so difficult to draw one new sex-picture...
You’re right, it isn’t difficult - I just chose to do other things first. Again, I probably made a bad choice.

Reactions: Warphorror

vessna

Jul 21, 2021

yeah, that's why programmers, are mostly, chosen for Project Leads, cuz they don't have something that will be in constant development, cuz something needs to be changed, or slightly changed in artworks. . . like artstyle for example

well i love new artstyle too, even more alive, especially Kira's rework at kenomo.party. . . and can't wait to actually see her new face and skin adjustments. the problem here is it's hard to find someone with the same amount of skills like yours. . . so that's why we need to wait so long, cuz ya re the artist of the game, and Moana is programmer i presume?

so maybe give Moana the Lead position if your friend is responsible for coding the game.

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
yeah, that's why programmers, are mostly, chosen for Project Leads, cuz they don't have something that will be in constant development, cuz something needs to be changed, or slightly changed in artworks. . . like artstyle for example

well i love new artstyle too, even more alive, especially Kira's rework at kenomo.party. . . and can't wait to actually see her new face and skin adjustments. the problem here is it's hard to find someone with the same amount of skills like yours. . . so that's why we need to wait so long, cuz ya re the artist of the game, and Moana is programmer i presume?

so maybe give Moana the Lead position if your friend is responsible for coding the game.
I already did that:) That’s why we had so many updates this year, if I was in charge we’d have no updates at all (yet).

I pride myself on being a reasonable person, capable of changing my mind. I know that I’ve let a lot of people down and I would like to fix my mistakes, if I still can.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I know that I’ve let a lot of people down and I would like to fix my mistakes, if I still can.
Your numbers over on Patreon are proof that you can. Things are going uphill again for you guys, and seeing a developer coming here saying something like that is extremely rare and deserves respect at the very least.

You've got the talent and a project that's quite unique in its genre. Make the best of it (without another complete overhaul if possible ;)). Enough talking down on yourself now. Seems like you're on the right track.

Best of luck!

• Red Heart

Flanneri

Apr 20, 2019
So this is my almost first comment of appreciation on this site. I really like this game and would like to express it. First of all, the beggining of the game just left me speechless. Residential area in the game looked like my neighbourhood on outskirts of Moscow in the early 2000's (minus High tech and Soviet attributes). The same little shitty "shops" just at the entrance of subway, bazaar (market) nearby and random sport club. Adding up art style which suits the theme extremely well, i felt like i traveled back in time.
Customization is sick. I don't really remember even 1 game where you can change hip, breast size, so that costume will adjust to changes. Usually you can change only breast size, whole model or just costumes.
All your decisions, when it comes down to fetishes, eventually may lead to partial body transformation. Which is also quite satisfying.
Storytelling is great for me. I know that it's a matter of taste, but this style of mixing up serious and comical stuff really gets me. I also like Kira's default personality because it feels like she's one of the few relatively "sane" characters) Contrast with, for example, Tolstoy's personality is so drastic that it's just simply hilarious when they get to communicate.
All events happen in the right place and in the right time imo. Kira's mental doppelgangers make the plot seem chrolonogically correct, no matter what path you chose.

Downsides. The only real downside for me is flickering animations and sometimes buggy code which is ok for the game in development. Also i don't really like when you can't fully complete even one of the plot branches (Stuff like hucow or hospital branch), but i understand, as a grown ass person, that not all my wishes can be brought to life. Eventually the game will be finished, it's just a matter of patience.

Overall, very solid project, with many features and good foundation. Thanks for the author's hard work!

P.S. English isn't my native language so I could say something I didn't mean to say.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 103 Votes