Jul 10, 2019
Please clarify for an idiot (me) who played 4.5.2 / 4.5a as my first time in Defenestration. I spent HOURS trying to go to prison. I then read ALL 72 pages of posts (searching "helped" but it really only made my quest for answers more urgent). Then around Page 69 I see that the game is being completely redone and only about 1/3 of the content is there.

So . . . I'm guessing you CAN'T go to prison in this release? So you CAN'T advance any of the other quests?

If I'm wrong (and you CAN go to prison and do all the other cool stuff in version 4.5a) please take pity and give me specific advice on how to get to prison. The old (old, old, old) post said talk to the guard at the Kremlin. I've talked to him so much we're on a first name basis (his name is Karl) and Kira is now the godmother of his twin girls (Jessica & Samantha). I did figure out how to go to "jail" but that doesn't have the shower scene, pole scene, inner thigh tattoo and escape scenarios mentioned in old posts (and I'm guessing this is why the Guide link is down -- the old guide is obsolete).

TIA!

esxay

Nov 24, 2017
you can't get into prison for last version (0.4.5) because dev remaking the game (did half), you need to play in 0.4.4 version. Same for vibrator event (doesn't exist in last update) and most of files in 0.4.5 are placeholders. You need to wait a little next update or find 0.4.4 version (gonna be this week i hope)

Jul 10, 2019
you can't get into prison for last version (0.4.5) because dev remaking the game (did half), you need to play in 0.4.4 version. Same for vibrator event (doesn't exist in last update) and most of files in 0.4.5 are placeholders. You need to wait a little next update or find 0.4.4 version (gonna be this week i hope)
Thank you!

Chaotic

Mar 7, 2017
I am the Bone of this Troll
"Delay" is my Body and "Soon" is my Blood.
I have created over a Thousand reports,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood Pain to create many Teasers
Yet those Hands will never release Anything.
So, as I Pray--
Unlimited Mulan Works

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
They'll probably drag it out till the literal last minute in the latest time zone on Earth... cause why not right?

altshi

May 29, 2017
My heart goes out to all the others doing no nut who thought they could wank off from this in time.

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
Alright well - I've tried to be patient for a few months now.

This update was originally slated for the end of September, didn't happen. It was pushed to the week of 10/7, didn't happen. It was pushed to 10/12, didn't happen. It was pushed generically to "sometime" later that same week, didn't happen. It was pushed to the week of 10/21, didn't happen. Finally, it was pushed to 10/31 at the absolute latest, and... well... here we are.

Each time it was pushed, the Patreon update stated - "this is the week of release". Not "this might be the week of release", but literally "this is the week of release". For the most recent update, Mulan said the update would release on the 30th or 31st of October and very directly stated that he would NOT delay the game again. And... well... here we are. I know it's still technically the 31st in some parts of the world but if we're being realistic... yeah.

To make matters worse, he has been almost completely MIA on Discord for a little while now so we can't even ask him what exactly is going on. Maybe it's too much to ask for him to hop into his own Discord for 30 seconds and let his paying patrons know why yet another update has fallen behind schedule. We get complete silence instead.

To make it clear - I don't have a problem with the fact that their workload is high or with the associated delays they're working through as they figure everything out. I do have a problem with the fact that they repeatedly set deadlines which they cannot meet and repeatedly kill the hype which they themselves build up. I also have a problem with the general lack of communication - in his last Patreon update, Mulan stated that he's scared of checking both his Discord and his Patreon and has gone off the grid for that reason... while I sort of understand what he's feeling, this is a blatantly self-defeating cycle and it shows a degree of disregard for his paying customers, which is frustrating to say the least.

At this point, while I'm still hopeful for the game, I've mostly lost faith in anything Mulan says.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

frrrr

Oct 7, 2019
I am astonished that he didn't even post Progress report or an Explanation like he usually does. He really doesn't respect fans of his work...

Reactions: Dinaida

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
This was one hell of a game. What I loved about it was the weird-era Soviet backdrop, the hypnotism, the slutification and body modification through that hypnotism. The art was great. It was loaded on sex, plus many other fetishes, like tattoos. It was a unique game. I've yet to understand why the developer had to go about reworking the entire game, especially when it was just as fine as it was. Migrating from RPG to Renpy, I'd understand (as had happened with Fashion Business), but a rework from RPG to RPG? There's that well-known phrase - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This game should've been developed as it was, and it would've easily been one of the best.

Right now, I'm skeptical the developer is even developing the game. No updates. No teasers, as you get with the other games. Nothing on Discord or Patreon, as others have pointed out. I'm starting to believe he's already given up on it a long time back, but for whatever reason (best known to him), he's just dragging this on, making commitments every now and then about deadlines, and then disappearing back into his life.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 103 Votes