Alexia@69

Jan 10, 2018
It's a shame that I have to make this my first post out of lurking, but I figure I owe the game creator one.

1. Let's chill on Mulan. I got this for free here, and it's a fine piece of work. At least you know they're working on it.

2. Tracing art is not "stealing." Lots of artists trace when they first start out, that's one of the ways you learn. Time and effort still needs to be put in, and transformative works of originals are also protected under most copyright laws.
I agree with your point on the art tracing, but I would like to say that just because you are able to enjoy this game for free, it isn't just because of Fresh Mulan's kindness. While it's certainly nice of them to have public access versions released sometime later, they pretty much do it for the same reason everyone making games like this make it. Because it is, in a sense, free marketing. They have to start free because otherwise who would be willing to "donate" for the game? And after they get enough support, it would be seen as a massive dick move for the people who played the game for free, and also for the ones who could not maintain their support for the apparent years it takes for progress to be made. Not to mention the fact that piracy will always be a thing. So, in a sense, you owe this fine piece of work not just to Mulan, but also to the ones supporting them financially. Are they not allowed to complain?

Besides, this does not change the fact that just because some people have not paid for the game, they can still criticize it, or the maker of said game. And I would say, given what was said by Fresh Mulan and also what was subsequently done (or rather, partially done) by them, that they can surely be criticized for it. If they want to request proof of payment or whatever so that they only listen to what the payers are telling them, they can surely do it. As simple as moving the discussion to a private discord server or on Patreon itself.

Now, whether the same complaints should keep being repeated over and over again even though it's obvious they haven't been addressed for pretty much a year already, that's another point.

Hexydezimal

Sep 18, 2018
The problem is not that he is late, or tracing. He lied several times about releasing an update. Year ago he started rework, and for several months was promising that it was almost done, starting voting for new content. He released it half done after 8 months, and right now it is still not fully remade. December 25 he was promising to post new update and disapeared. Now he is back with some promises, of course because patreon payment is closing. He fell of the hype train his game had when he was updating regularly, and now is milking old patrons, doing nothing visible.
I get what you're saying now, just saw a lot of jumping on the guy going on and I don't know if that's productive either.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
It's detrimental for him too, a lot of people (myself included) probably don't feel like supporting because of that. And that's a shame, because the game is pretty interesting.
Anyway, no release this month either?

Reactions: Alexia@69

sanlaw91

Sep 30, 2019
i normally say something when it is about the game, but after reading the last several posts, i felt the need to say something about the bashing i am seeing people please stop, yes it has been sometime since the last update but until you know all of the facts as to why all you are doing is being mean to a person who is developing a game for you to enjoy, would any of you enjoy it if someone came to your work and started bashing you just because they thought you were behind on a project without knowing all of the facts? enough said already

Jan 21, 2018
i normally say something when it is about the game, but after reading the last several posts, i felt the need to say something about the bashing i am seeing people please stop, yes it has been sometime since the last update but until you know all of the facts as to why all you are doing is being mean to a person who is developing a game for you to enjoy, would any of you enjoy it if someone came to your work and started bashing you just because they thought you were behind on a project without knowing all of the facts? enough said already
Alexia pretty much wrote what had to be said.

Repeating complaints over and over might not be very constructive, but the substance of the complaints is valid. The game is fantastic, but the devs are 1000% utter shit at giving and meeting deadlines. Just plan in some safety margin.

"you don't know all of the facts" is a complete bullshit excuse however. By that logic if I kept facts from you, you would never be allowed to criticise me. And facts can be made up.

But the most important thing is that the complaints were not very caustic. Some people were frustrated because THEY REALLY LIKE THE GAME. The overall ratings are still great. Mulan and Moana are grown ups and I don't think they mind very much when 2-3 people on an anonymous forum tell them that they are too stupid to make a realistic project time line or to read a calendar. They probably get way worse shit directly from patreon.

Last edited:

Lyphrus

Jun 30, 2017
January 26th: FreshMulan posted on his Patreon, title saying "Drawing NPC's and polishing up coding, testing underway" basically. People need to calm down and be patient. I was getting antsy for this update as well. But I'm not about to write on a forum every day being like "Still no update?!? WTF! He always does this shit, what an unreliable prick." The dude's got a life too. Just chill. You will survive if you don't get your fap in right away.

Edit: I get it he makes promises he's not always able to keep. Such is life, no one is perfect. But do understand there's a lot of stuff in this game that he's trying to make work together. I.E rushing Bimbo and then doing a lot of the events you would encounter earlier in the story after you have gone through the transformation as well as the dialogue changes. So you stay immersed.

KonD:R

May 13, 2019
Excuses and another delay...

Salutations! Here’s what’s up:
I couldn’t help myself and drew a bunch of somewhat different poses for the gropings we used at the gym, one thing led to another and I’ve written another H-event for Katya.
I already did the art for Katya’s new event, you can see it in a teaser attached to this post.
That being said, we’re exactly where we were last week (apart from more art for gym gropings and Katya’s event) - I still need to finish some character art, including the guys that will grope Kira, their art will be used in the gropings, so without them we can’t release the update. Previously they looked like the guy who groped Kira at the tunnel, but I want to draw a better version.
As per usual, I’ll try to explain my reasoning for this in the next part:

It all starts with the gropings system, a legacy “issue” from our still unfinished rework.

The “gropings” system itself is no longer a part of this update, since it’s proven to be pretty repetitive, useless and uninteresting in the context of this update. This fact doesn’t change anything for you, because you wouldn't see it anyways (there’s no events for it yet).
As you may know, gropings system is basically just another “pose” for Kira’s character art,it has its own set of pictures for everything - hips, breasts, tattoos, outfits etc. The idea was to add it to the game as “a tool” for us to call when we need it, for example - adding random events without forcing you to change your outfit.
You’ve already seen this “pose” in events like - Vasilisa random event (red square), Tunnel grope event, First Legion event (sort of, this one is more advanced). But you’ve seen it “hardcoded”, since we didn’t layer the pictures yet.
For this update, we once again used it (for the gym), properly this time around, so that we could finally start using it in the future. But the results were disappointing.
Since you can only wear one outfit (gym outfit), it turned out to be a bunch of small H-events that used the same art with a different text, which felt lazy to us.
Gropings system will be a good addition to our game, but it needs more dev time than we currently can afford - we need to find a way to add more “breast movement” without the need to multiply Kira’s outfits for it.
In cases like gym, where you can only wear one outfit, there’s really no need for it, since I can draw pretty much anything without worrying about what Kira is wearing. So the system went to rest for now, and you’ll get more poses and variety in gym events instead.

I’ve used a version of new gym pose for Katya, this event will occur when you’ll decide to get nipple piercings, and only if you’re dating Katya (agreed to her terms during “party quest”).
If you’re dating her - you’ll see this event and get the piercings for free, but you can’t refuse her. If you’re not dating - no event, some cash requirement, but you can refuse.
This was a bit tricky when it comes to requirements. We didn’t want you to miss any events, so we had to tie the whole "piercing" option (any piercing) to the "party quest", but this quest is sort of “hidden”, which is not ideal at the moment.
Previously it went on like this: View all chief Officer events - go to the park at night - get arrested - sleep - party - talk to Katya.
Now you can just punch the guard in the dick, and avoid half of that. Later on we will add more options to unlock revealing outfits and "night" park.
That said, Party Quest is a requirement for the piercings option to appear (for now).

We’ve been thinking about what we did, and we came to a conclusion that we missed a huge opportunity to make everyone happy and get more support:

We should have released bugfix, then an update with reworked benevolence and pet events, then another with gym squatting event (that was drawn and teased more than a month ago) and peacefully finish gropings with character art - The end result would’ve been the same, but we’d give out more updates and stress out less.
The only benefit of releasing everything at once, is that you’ll experience it fully, like an episode “Kira goes to the gym”, apart from that - we messed up.
But it’s too late now, we’re already on this path, and we’ll evaluate our choices and actions after we’ll go through with it. One thing is for sure, we don’t want to repeat this mistake, so we’ll try to do things differently with the farm.
Thank you all for your support and patience! We’re doing our best to wrap things up and the end is definitely near!

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
It reads as "We did so much work that we need more work to make so you can actually see what was done"
I dont know, are they so slow to understand that you should post content as often as possible to attract patrons, or they just ok with low income doing almost zero work.

Reactions: Voido

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I see he talks a lot about the gym. That isn't all that there's in the update, right? To be honest I was more hyped for the "what you decide in the New You facility (breast reduction/enlargement, lips and so on) is gonna alter interactions/dialogues" part, I hope I didn't misinterpreted it.

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
...... Welp. Here's to a new year of delays. Hoping this goes away with this update..... But I feel like Mulan had the problem of trying to do too much between each update window. Or starting out with the right amount of work but progressively getting pinned down on one point or adding more work in. In the end the work isn't finished. Then we get a delay or a cobbled together update that lacks or in last year's case redacted content.

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
Or he just like promising this an that, but have no actual idea what to do. His game went from linear story-based quest to a customizable multifetish bug generator. Mostly because patreon donators are less interested in game and more in their dreams. Thats how we got mosfilm updates, which were ok, but i prefere additional content after main game is done.

Reactions: ggthx and KonD:R

thenonemans

May 29, 2017
Thats how we got mosfilm updates, which were ok, but i prefere additional content after main game is done.
Where is the mosfilm content? I thought the quest stopped at getting the bus, basically before any content unless I'm mistaken.

Is there a guide for this game?
I second this guy as I finished new you quest and somehow skipped benevolence training and basically everything else in the new you facility except an experimental boob job that worked and lasted.

Last edited:

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
Mosfilm and most of new you 3rd floor are not implemented in rework now, if i remember correctly.

Lyphrus

Jun 30, 2017
Mosfilm and most of new you 3rd floor are not implemented in rework now, if i remember correctly.
Mosfilm is gone right now, probably to accommodate New You transformations. 3rd floor New You just has a lot of the reprogramming sessions taken out temporarily it seems, but other than that there's more content.

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes