sseshess

May 8, 2017
Well, I still can't play as saving the game continues to fail. Keep getting the same error message every time I try to save and haven't found a way to correct it. Thought maybe it was my adblocker altering my settings to block cookies but even changing those and disabling the adblocker for the site or even altogether did not correct the issue so not sure what else I can do.

Error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property 'message' of object".

Then a large stack trace follows which appears to keep trying to reference different values within a file located in the game install directory. Looks like it's the HTML document but I've checked the properties and it's definitely not read only restricted so I'm unsure what the actual issue is.
try saving to disk - this should work.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Automatic clothing replacement might return. It needed to be rebuilt, and I wasn't sure if people would need it now that you can own multiples.
I'd personally just prefer adding some kind of 'tailoring' skill that would allow me to repair my clothing. It's more plausible than stores sending you clothing immediately after your old clothes get destroyed.
Maybe even explore that idea further and allow me to fix my clothing when I'm not at a wardrobe.

Reactions: PerpetuallyAmiss

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
A note about the save problem: It was caused by bloated file size. Browsers limit the memory allowed by a single application, and reaching that limit results in the error. This doesn't break the game itself in any way however.

Deleting or overwriting saves made in 0.2.0.1 should clear space and allow you to save again. You could also try loading up any saves made in 0.2.0.1 and saving in the same slot. This should update the save into a more svelte form, though you may need a bit of free space before it will work the first time.

Sorry for the bother everyone. I'm working on more fixes.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
Where are the saves located at? I probably got who knows how many, I always start over, save, start over, etc.

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Where are the saves located at? I probably got who knows how many, I always start over, save, start over, etc.
In your browser's cache, though I'm not sure exactly where that might be. I don't think saves that aren't available to the current html file count.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
A note about the save problem: It was caused by bloated file size. Browsers limit the memory allowed by a single application, and reaching that limit results in the error. This doesn't break the game itself in any way however.

Deleting or overwriting saves made in 0.2.0.1 should clear space and allow you to save again. You could also try loading up any saves made in 0.2.0.1 and saving in the same slot. This should update the save into a more svelte form, though you may need a bit of free space before it will work the first time.

Sorry for the bother everyone. I'm working on more fixes.
Unfortunately that doesn't appear to solve my issue. There are no saves listed when I check, every slot is empty, and yet the problem is the same.

I obviously understand and don't blame you or anything. :) Just figure if it's an issue for me then it must be for others as well and there must be a reason for it so might as well let you know.

TanukiDanuki

Jan 31, 2018
Seems like 0.2.0.2 fixed my save issue with the save I had from 0.2.0.0, I also had times where if there was a line-up of animal girls/boys waiting to do things to the PC, I sometimes had one of them as "Undefinedboy" or "Undefinedgirl," I'll keep an eye out if I see it again on this version.

Edit: I did find that putting School Swim Shorts on while having a Plant Skirt causes them both to be on at the same time.

Last edited:

DD2

Feb 10, 2019
Hi! i spot some weird things going on at school in the afternoon.

So i got uniform broken in class and had to ask principal for replacement, i use the cloth and it remove underwear, shoes, hat and sox, (WICH IS BAAAAAAAD!!!! >w<*)then swimming activity enter locker and there was no locker (????) but a option to hide your cloth like in the lake, :)/) i hide my cloth, was chase out because boys think your MC is a girl if has boobs; grab some towels enter pool , ask teacher for replacement because there was no locker in the locker room available, did the lesson. return to the lockers, boys again chase me out, wait for them to leave, enter locker, cloth gone, grab towels whet to the principal to ask for more cloth, but get spanked... return home in a towel... man, what a cruel life! I think the locker disappearing is a BUG and your underwear and accessories getting remove is also a catastrophic bug as this may force you to skip entirely the swimming lessons and go to detention, which is bad if you like to play the nerdy type who love your teachers loving you)

Last edited:

TanukiDanuki

Jan 31, 2018
It does seem like the Undefinedgirl/Undefinedboy bug happens when there are multiple animal girls/boys waiting to do things to the PC, just did some testing on that and I don't see any particular trigger other than the event itself of them waiting.

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Version 0.2.0.2 bug:
If you enter pool (at the start of swimming lesson) clothed and ask teacher to swim naked, then after the class ends you cant put clothes on. You are naked in locker room and your only options are to put on swimsuit, enter pool naked (deliquency), and leave naked.
I guess whole dressing overhaul of Girls/Boys Changing Rooms broke the event.

D

Deleted member 7072

The non-array versions are currently used. The array version is pretty much finished, but it's disabled until I can spare the time to make it compatible with old saves. Someone contributed the code, and I've yet to get my head around it.

I agree the array version is far, far better.
Alright so since this seems to be a pretty low priority thing I assume it will take a long time for the array version to be activated. What development gui/tool do you use and how do I go about contributing? Having to make the same modifications with each update is tiring. Currently I just use Notepad++ for quick and dirty modding but the effort to condense the Tentacle stuff into the array version it would be easier to use the same software you use.

DD2

Feb 10, 2019
Version 0.2.0.2 bug:
If you enter pool (at the start of swimming lesson) clothed and ask teacher to swim naked, then after the class ends you cant put clothes on. You are naked in locker room and your only options are to put on swimsuit, enter pool naked (deliquency), and leave naked.
Yes there is a catastrophic error in the locker room at school before the swimming lessons. Locker is gone so you CAN'T put cloth on from your inventory, instead you get the option to hide your cloth like if you were at the lake with the inconvenient your cloth then ends missing, to do lesson you need to ask teacher for a swim suit, you end doing +Delinquency acts for being naked/entering wrong girls / boys lockers depending on how your MC looks, you get strip of your cloth and en naked or dress only with a towel. >.<U Its just so unfair!

In my game i was about to go home "naked " AGAIN... Then Whitney took mc at coconut street, which was cool event as never seen before, when a shark car eat the towel in plain event. after the event Whitney gave mi mc cloth to ware at the end, first time Whitney does something nice for my MC, though was going to return to the orphan naked, so it was a nice twist.

Can I install in android a prior version 2 of the game before the cloth overhaul? don't get me wrong, love the new clothing! but i rather play the game with new cloth after all the bugs have been fix. Thanks!

qwantasia

Jan 19, 2019
This game has a long history of releasing updates without testing them properly, I've stayed away from any "major" updates because it takes the dev at least 2 more updates and hotfixes to solve the game breaking bugs he introduces. The development of this game has become a bugchasing nightmare where instead of adding new scenes or making the gameplay loop less repetitive and boring, the dev caves and adds cosmetic updates like sprites and clothing (which break functioning parts of the game btw) to pander to people (maybe it is a question of patreon money hmmm?) that do not understand that twine is a text game engine and just need more visual aids instead of the dev doing what he used to do best: add short and concisely written scenes to the game.

I think this project will continue to deteriorate rapidly from here and I think this is an opportunity for more experienced devs and artists to pick up the slack and copy/branch this project, preferably in a different engine, because as of now it seems the current dev is overwhelmed with the technical aspects of the development of this game.

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Unfortunately that doesn't appear to solve my issue. There are no saves listed when I check, every slot is empty, and yet the problem is the same.

I obviously understand and don't blame you or anything. :) Just figure if it's an issue for me then it must be for others as well and there must be a reason for it so might as well let you know.
It must be keeping track of the old saves somehow. The only thing I can think to suggest is to clear your browser's cache, which isn't ideal. Sorry about this.
Hi! i spot some weird things going on at school in the afternoon.

So i got uniform broken in class and had to ask principal for replacement, i use the cloth and it remove underwear, shoes, hat and sox, (WICH IS BAAAAAAAD!!!! >w<*)then swimming activity enter locker and there was no locker (????) but a option to hide your cloth like in the lake, :)/) i hide my cloth, was chase out because boys think your MC is a girl if has boobs; grab some towels enter pool , ask teacher for replacement because there was no locker in the locker room available, did the lesson. return to the lockers, boys again chase me out, wait for them to leave, enter locker, cloth gone, grab towels whet to the principal to ask for more cloth, but get spanked... return home in a towel... man, what a cruel life! I think the locker disappearing is a BUG and your underwear and accessories getting remove is also a catastrophic bug as this may force you to skip entirely the swimming lessons and go to detention, which is bad if you like to play the nerdy type who love your teachers loving you)
Thanks for letting me know about these issues, and for expressing them in story form.
I'm just curious when we going to get Cthulhu.
Version 0.4.0.0.
It does seem like the Undefinedgirl/Undefinedboy bug happens when there are multiple animal girls/boys waiting to do things to the PC, just did some testing on that and I don't see any particular trigger other than the event itself of them waiting.
Cheers.
Version 0.2.0.2 bug:
Aye, this is a pretty big oversight. Thanks for the heads up.
Alright so since this seems to be a pretty low priority thing I assume it will take a long time for the array version to be activated. What development gui/tool do you use and how do I go about contributing? Having to make the same modifications with each update is tiring. Currently I just use Notepad++ for quick and dirty modding but the effort to condense the Tentacle stuff into the array version it would be easier to use the same software you use.
Cumknuckles is right; I use the linked gitgud repo. I push the code there after each update, in the same form I use to develop the game. Locally I use SmartGit and notepad++, but I imagine any tools would work.
Yes there is a catastrophic error in the locker room at school before the swimming lessons. Locker is gone so you CAN'T put cloth on from your inventory, instead you get the option to hide your cloth like if you were at the lake with the inconvenient your cloth then ends missing, to do lesson you need to ask teacher for a swim suit, you end doing +Delinquency acts for being naked/entering wrong girls / boys lockers depending on how your MC looks, you get strip of your cloth and en naked or dress only with a towel. >.<U Its just so unfair!

In my game i was about to go home "naked " AGAIN... Then Whitney took mc at coconut street, which was cool event as never seen before, when a shark car eat the towel in plain event. after the event Whitney gave mi mc cloth to ware at the end, first time Whitney does something nice for my MC, though was going to return to the orphan naked, so it was a nice twist.

Can I install in android a prior version 2 of the game before the cloth overhaul? don't get me wrong, love the new clothing! but i rather play the game with new cloth after all the bugs have been fix. Thanks!
If you scroll down on the front page of my blog you'll find links to version 0.1.33.0, which is the last update prior to the clothing overhaul. I don't think saves would be backwards compatible though.
This game has a long history of releasing updates without testing them properly, I've stayed away from any "major" updates because it takes the dev at least 2 more updates and hotfixes to solve the game breaking bugs he introduces. The development of this game has become a bugchasing nightmare where instead of adding new scenes or making the gameplay loop less repetitive and boring, the dev caves and adds cosmetic updates like sprites and clothing (which break functioning parts of the game btw) to pander to people (maybe it is a question of patreon money hmmm?) that do not understand that twine is a text game engine and just need more visual aids instead of the dev doing what he used to do best: add short and concisely written scenes to the game.

I think this project will continue to deteriorate rapidly from here and I think this is an opportunity for more experienced devs and artists to pick up the slack and copy/branch this project, preferably in a different engine, because as of now it seems the current dev is overwhelmed with the technical aspects of the development of this game.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I disagree that most updates require multiple hotfixes however. Most haven't, and the clothing overhaul was so involved that lots of bugs are unavoidable, to an extent. I spend hours playtesting each update before release, but that's nothing compared to releasing it for thousands of people to play.

I also disagree that I've pandered to anyone. I've been talking about the clothing overhaul for months, because it's something I wanted the game to have. The old system was not robust enough. I've had to settle for less in so many events because the system wasn't capable of doing what I wanted. I wanted straightjackets in the asylum, and fur clothes in Eden's cabin. A lot of clothing-heavy content, like modeling work, is now possible. It's far from just a cosmetic update.

I have taken feedback into account as part of making sure I'm on the right track with the game, but I think that's different to pandering.

More experienced devs, artists and writers are already helping me. They produced most of the art for this update, and much of the groundwork the overhaul was based on. I wasn't sure if the update would launch with more than handful of new clothes, as my focus was on preparing the system for the future, so I'm very grateful for the help.

I hope you enjoy the new Whitney scene at least, and that your disgruntlement ends soon!
what do i do with the crystals from the compound on elk street?
You can sell them to Landry in the pub.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes