Stamboulianz

Jun 30, 2017
My character apparently has a penis in most sex scenes in the latest version. Outside of these scenes, the penis doesn't exist, and looking at the save file confirms that there is no penis. Despite this, other characters will stroke it during sex.

Reactions: Starmold

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
it is an interesting game, certainly better than most of this style that I've seen but the fact that it doesn't matter how many times you beat the caretaker they'll keep being a thing just turned me off completely, I mean most of the game is interesting but if feels meaningless to keep playing if no matter how strong I make my character the bullies won't be subdued.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
it is an interesting game, certainly better than most of this style that I've seen but the fact that it doesn't matter how many times you beat the caretaker they'll keep being a thing just turned me off completely, I mean most of the game is interesting but if feels meaningless to keep playing if no matter how strong I make my character the bullies won't be subdued.
Yeah, you can't really be a true Alpha in this game.
It's meant to be that way, no matter how high you go, there will always be a barrier that separates you from 'em.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, you can't really be a true Alpha in this game.
It's meant to be that way, no matter how high you go, there will always be a barrier that separates you from 'em.
that would be okay if they got other villains like we are jumped on the street constantly, and you could make other people in other parts of society be the bad guys, the game has a criminal underworld that could be used for that, the way they did it is just a stump in progression, I don't care about being an "alpha" by the way the whole idea is stupid to me but I don't like being a pushover, like a school bully I get it, some people never learn and will keep trying, but Baily is literally a money grab so that bothers me more, let me kick their ass so bad that I'm responsible for having to provide for the orphanage(with the help of the other orphans of course), and at least diminish the number of times they show up like to once a month instead of every week, it feels like the game has no progression the way they made it and that is just not fun for me.

Reactions: qorl55

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
that would be okay if they got other villains like we are jumped on the street constantly, and you could make other people in other parts of society be the bad guys, the game has a criminal underworld that could be used for that, the way they did it is just a stump in progression, I don't care about being an "alpha" by the way the whole idea is stupid to me but I don't like being a pushover, like a school bully I get it, some people never learn and will keep trying, but Baily is literally a money grab so that bothers me more, let me kick their ass so bad that I'm responsible for having to provide for the orphanage(with the help of the other orphans of course), and at least diminish the number of times they show up like to once a month instead of every week, it feels like the game has no progression the way they made it and that is just not fun for me.
Indeed, you can be the queen bee of the school but you can't fight back when your glasses are going to be taken?
Dev needs to see some basic stuff that should have basic actions~~~

Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
is up on the blog

My character apparently has a penis in most sex scenes in the latest version. Outside of these scenes, the penis doesn't exist, and looking at the save file confirms that there is no penis. Despite this, other characters will stroke it during sex.
NPCs will no longer attempt to stroke a female PC's penis.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
I swear to god, I played this game like 6 times and never once have I managed to make an npc drink feMC's breastmilk or even suck her breasts. Why is it so damn impossible?

Agreed, I totally get you. The game has no katharsis with its story and in how you can't deal with these numerous smug asshole npcs in any satisfying way.

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
Agreed, I totally get you. The game has no katharsis with its story and in how you can't deal with these numerous smug asshole npcs in any satisfying way.
Because that's supposed to be the point of the game, like it or not. Bailey is a fucking criminal, while you are just some barely legal kid, so I don't think that you would just be able to deal with Bailey that easily.

qorl55

May 23, 2018
Because that's supposed to be the point of the game, like it or not. Bailey is a fucking criminal, while you are just some barely legal kid, so I don't think that you would just be able to deal with Bailey that easily.
"Some barely legal kid" that can be earning up to 16k GBP per month, somehow. How about paying that instead to Whitney's gang to beat Bailey to death and bury them in the orphanage garden. Or provoke Kylar into stabbing Bailey in the liver. Maybe they have friends that would come looking, maybe some consequences later, but dealing with the person would be doable. Bailey is almost always alone, without a weapon. Bailey isn't like a mob boss surrounded by bodyguards.

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
"Some barely legal kid" that can be earning up to 16k GBP per month, somehow. How about paying that instead to Whitney's gang to beat Bailey to death and bury them in the orphanage garden. Or provoke Kylar into stabbing Bailey in the liver. Maybe they have friends that would come looking, maybe some consequences later, but dealing with the person would be doable. Bailey is almost always alone, without a weapon. Bailey isn't like a mob boss surrounded by bodyguards.
Bailey even has some control over the fucking mayor of the town, do you seriously think killing them wouldn't make things worse?
There's a narrative and a gameplay reason for Bailey to keep being a threat, so complaining about that is pointless. Better point out some other problems with the game

Reactions: kcj300

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
"Some barely legal kid" that can be earning up to 16k GBP per month, somehow.
That's just gamey stuff though; it's just easy to break the game and earn shitloads of money once you know the best jobs or places to do it, but earning that much is not tied to the narrative at all since it's still a misery simulator in concept.

Maybe a fix for that would be to have a proper hardcore mode more difficult all around: reduce the money that can be earned (or exploited), remove the cap on Bailey's payments and let it increase infinitelly, etc.

Then again, the game wo0uld really benefit from having long-term "goals" or endings if you will: objectives that we can work towards and "win" the game. One of those endings could very well be you overthrowing Bailey and saving the orphanage but my guess is that since the game is in theory very early in development (despite the huge amount of content) Vrelnir didn't have time to implement those endings yet... tough I dunno if he ever plans to, or if DoL will always be just a sandbox with no proper endings.

Bailey even has some control over the fucking mayor of the town, do you seriously think killing them wouldn't make things worse?
Exactly. Once you get to experience some of the punishments for failing to pay, there's lot of implications that Bailey has lots of connections with some powerful or unsavory characters from the city.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
Then again, the game wo0uld really benefit from having long-term "goals" or endings if you will: objectives that we can work towards and "win" the game. One of those endings could very well be you overthrowing Bailey and saving the orphanage but my guess is that since the game is in theory very early in development (despite the huge amount of content) Vrelnir didn't have time to implement those endings yet... tough I dunno if he ever plans to, or if DoL will always be just a sandbox with no proper endings.
Well, I kinda like that the game doesn't have those goals. Because then the story would also need to have some updates, meaning plus one thing to worry about, while currently it's not a concern

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
There's a narrative and a gameplay reason for Bailey to keep being a threat, so complaining about that is pointless. Better point out some other problems with the game
It seems like the mayor would have an interest in seeing Bailey dead in the hands of another. If Bailey had dirt on everyone, surely some of them would work together to get rid of Bailey.
And besides some of characters are barely legal, their minds are still of teenagers. It wouldn't be surprising if some of them killed Bailey during a rash action if provoked. It might make things worse but that's for the Dev to write it out if he chooses to.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

StapleComm

Apr 24, 2020
It seems like the mayor would have an interest in seeing Bailey dead in the hands of another. If Bailey had dirt on everyone, surely some of them would work together to get rid of Bailey.
And besides some of characters are barely legal, their minds are still of teenagers. It wouldn't be surprising if some of them killed Bailey during a rash action if provoked. It might make things worse but that's for the Dev to write it out if he chooses to.
Well, if you go on game wiki and look at Bailey's page... no, that won't happen. Also, I do believe that DoL won't have any deaths either

Reactions: kcj300

smirk

Jul 2, 2019
Then again, the game wo0uld really benefit from having long-term "goals" or endings if you will: objectives that we can work towards and "win" the game. One of those endings could very well be you overthrowing Bailey and saving the orphanage
There are random events at the orphanage that has a positive or negative effect on the orphans' "Rebelliousness" - this stat has no noticeable effects as of now I think, but could be an indication that a future uprising at the orphanage is planned. That's just conjecture on my part though, might be for something completely different.

4.50 star(s) 187 Votes