drchainchair2

Mar 28, 2020
if someone says pregnancy is an easy or obvious thing to add, they quite clearly have not a single idea about game's code
or even this thread
I've been around this thread fairly late in and I already can't count how many times I've seen pregnancy mentioned
it ain't gonna happen, move on
That's funny as fuck given that there is literally preg code in the game that shows it is being actively worked on.

You are the one who quite clearly has no clue about the game code or systems.

Jan 19, 2018
That's funny as fuck given that there is literally preg code in the game that shows it is being actively worked on.

i mean yea it being work on but you have to consider that it was planned and after the survey the pregnancy content is being shifted into one of the main focus or side focus because it was popular in the survey all im saying is yes i do see the pregnancy content is being work on and i like some preg content but consider that pregnancy was said to be in the game in later state of the game development now in the main focus im just worried that this might effect the game in the future mostly because the game would take longer to update due to having more people work on the pregnancy content more due to popular demand and less on the update they were planning to work on and would cause future update to be less while hyping up the pregnancy content and i hope the pregnancy content stay in planning stage for the time being to not mess with the flow of update while having one or two people working on it as a test

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
I don't mind pregnancy if it's only an option.
The problem is: the events only cover a limited time, so is getting pregnant really a thing?
Or you're making it last a week, and then he/she's adopted? (n)
On a side note i hope the prison add something interesting. :unsure:

Oct 6, 2019
I don't mind pregnancy if it's only an option.
Pregnancy as an option would be fine if not for the year or two worth of development that it would take to implement and integrate. And the slow-down caused by another complex mechanic on a game that is already slow to load. And the constant stream of bug fixes that inevitably follow its addition. I really hope that I am wrong and that the production of this game does not devolve into Lilith's throne or Free Cities, but I am feeling pessimistic at the moment.

Aug 14, 2019

Posting git spoilers....:cry:

i mean yea it being work on but you have to consider that it was planned and after the survey the pregnancy content is being shifted into one of the main focus or side focus because it was popular in the survey all im saying is yes i do see the pregnancy content is being work on and i like some preg content but consider that pregnancy was said to be in the game in later state of the game development now in the main focus im just worried that this might effect the game in the future mostly because the game would take longer to update due to having more people work on the pregnancy content more due to popular demand and less on the update they were planning to work on and would cause future update to be less while hyping up the pregnancy content and i hope the pregnancy content stay in planning stage for the time being to not mess with the flow of update while having one or two people working on it as a test
The survey was not the cause of that code being worked on (started a few months back), nor is it being focussed on. Just some prep work from myself for vrel. I don't think I need to mention this, but it's not something that can be done all at once.

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
I was going to use my etiquette-allotted space on this page to make a crack about British police, but I feel like I need to say this: Fuck. No. Pregnancy. What the actual fuck do people expect to do with a baby, give it up to the state? Take care of it themselves and hope Bailey doesn't throw it in the garbage can? How long should the gestation period be? What are the effect that being pregnant will have on gameplay? I've never liked pregnancy in games; it's always just a huge enjoyment-impeding debuff that lasts an arbitrary amount of time and adds nothing to the experience.

At the very least, I hope that nothing significant is locked behind the toggle, because it's not something that I can just click through to get to the content that I want, like other fetishes.
So your contention is because you don't like it, or understand it, nobody should have it? That seems a little conceited. I have to blow off a lot of games just because they have what I consider to be awful fetishes like dickgirls, but the joy of this game is it lets you control most aspects of fetishes that get implemented. I don't typically go into a game with a fetish I don't like and say in the discussions "you need to not do this/you need to remove this feature because I don't like it". The reason I would like to see a pregnancy/offspring system is for it to be more of a punishment or reminder of past situations, or to have children with one of the love interests and figuring out how to deal with that.

Keep in mind this is still a game, the ability to glaze over some aspects of realism to make it work is something that can easily be done.
My guess is, at first maybe you have to hand the children over to the state (maybe there's a sort of fine for it), because right now I find it easy to make so much money in this game that it's impossible to spend it anyways, then you can unlock something later to tend to offspring, like some sort of rented property with a nanny, if wanted. Gestation can be massively shortened, how about just to a week or two? Again, it doesn't have to be totally realistic, just close enough to still make it work. Maybe actually being pregnant can attract additional unwanted attention and have unique dialogues or events revolving around it. All this stuff can be added over time, it doesn't need to be all at once, it's just a game, it's fine. If it's not your thing that's ok. There's a decent amount of fetishes in the game I don't like, but I tend to avoid them or toggle them of if possible, regardless of the overall gameplay effect doing so has.

Last edited:

SuzukiJP

Dec 29, 2020
So your contention is because you don't like it, or understand it, nobody should have it? That seems a little conceited. I have to blow off a lot of games just because they have what I consider to be awful fetishes like dickgirls, but the joy of this game is it lets you control most aspects of fetishes that get implemented. I don't typically go into a game with a fetish I don't like and say in the discussions "you need to not do this/you need to remove this feature because I don't like it". The reason I would like to see a pregnancy/offspring system is for it to be more of a punishment or reminder of past situations, or to have children with one of the love interests and figuring out how to deal with that.

Keep in mind this is still a game, the ability to glaze over some aspects of realism to make it work is something that can easily be done.
My guess is, at first maybe you have to hand the children over to the state (maybe there's a sort of fine for it), because right now I find it easy to make so much money in this game that it's impossible to spend it anyways, then you can unlock something later to tend to offspring, like some sort of rented property with a nanny, if wanted. Gestation can be massively shortened, how about just to a week or two? Again, it doesn't have to be totally realistic, just close enough to still make it work. Maybe actually being pregnant can attract additional unwanted attention and have unique dialogues or events revolving around it. All this stuff can be added over time, it doesn't need to be all at once, it's just a game, it's fine. If it's not your thing that's ok. There's a decent amount of fetishes in the game I don't like, but I tend to avoid them or toggle them of if possible, regardless of the overall gameplay effect doing so has.
THANK YOU!

Supporting the game is money well spent, I've already gotten well more enjoyment than I've paid for.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Or just toggle it off, since vrelnir's already said its going to be toggleable.
From my previous post: "At the very least, I hope that nothing significant is locked behind the toggle, because it's not something that I can just click through [ignore] to get to the content that I want, like other fetishes."

In any case, it will take up development time and resources whether it's active or not. I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak at length on the matter, however.

joeys88

Oct 10, 2017
From my previous post: "At the very least, I hope that nothing significant is locked behind the toggle, because it's not something that I can just click through [ignore] to get to the content that I want, like other fetishes."
What's that have to do with not playing the game at all as you suggested above in the quote, does the rest of the game disappear when pregnancy content gets added? And why would there be anything else significant locked behind its toggle? Like what are you even expecting to be locked behind pregnancy content besides pregnancy content.

In any case, it will take up development time and resources whether it's active or not. I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak at length on the matter, however.
Everything takes up development time. I'm sure pregnancy isn't the only thing in the game you don't care about. The feature's being worked on because it fits with the theme of the game and Vrelnir wants to work on it. Complaining about it is the same sort of reasoning the people who ask dom content to be added have. Don't add something that fits in the game and you want to make because I don't like it. Do add something that doesn't fit the game and you don't want to make because I like it.

Yeah its a larger system, but given that Vrelnir's said they're going to add it, there's far less chance to introduce bugs if they do it earlier rather than later when its harder to account for every single encounter and event in the game. And even then, it still looks like its a ways off. Whats being worked on is to help try to account for whats in the game already so they don't miss things and lessen the likelihood of breaking stuff later.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
What's that have to do with not playing the game at all as you suggested above in the quote
I included that to show that I had acknowledged the toggle feature, is all. When enumerating the potential issues with a pregnancy system, I declined to mention it because, obviously, there would only be an issue if the content were enabled.
Everything takes up development time.
Yeah, that's an example of "toggleable" content still having a large impact on the game. I'd rather those resources were spent on something else, something smaller.
Complaining about it is the same sort of reasoning the people who ask dom content to be added have. Don't add something that fits in the game and you want to make because I don't like it. Do add something that doesn't fit the game and you don't want to make because I like it.
You're not the arbiter of acceptable opinions, buddy. I'll complain about whatever the fuck I want.

Nov 21, 2020
Internet fight! I was personally of the opinion that a pregnancy system would be unreasonable to implement due to how fine grained and detailed every other game mechanic was implemented. That if you tried to match the same level of detail it would just require way too much work and possibly overhauling existing mechanics. However, as McBrerbo mentioned above you don't really have to implement it with the same level of detail, this being fictional game and whatnot with plenty of other nonsensical aspects to it. A simple system where you have a short gestation time and the state takes away your offspring is well within reason development wise (i'm guessing, since I haven't actually looked through the code) but that only deals with the PC offspring. Named NPC pregnancy + offspring would also have to be considered, unless only the PC is able to get preggers?

Ryan Waxx

Mar 5, 2018
I'd be fine with the whiners stepping up to the plate and doing the content themselves: It's not like the option is completely unprecedented.

Oct 6, 2019
That's what you think. Now they are just complaining about some vague system that they want to be implemented. Imagine what will happen when they actually have a system that does not meet all of their expectations in place, a system that breaks the functionality of other systems. It will be a right and proper shitstorm.
Besides, if we ever implemented pregnancy, the cessation of the whining would cut f95's message traffic in half.
Won't someone please think of the electrons?

4.50 star(s) 187 Votes