throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Hi all, just started playing this game a few weeks ago. It's a great game; a lot here to go through. The Wiki is enormously helpful. One thing I can't find is any reference to this line which appears at the Temple, apparently when one's Awareness level is high enough:

View attachment 1532822

What is this "gaping abyss," and does a higher Awareness level reveal anything more? I tried grinding my Awareness level above 5, but it doesn't seem to do much.

Thanks
That's just your enlightened self getting a glimpse of the world's true nature. You should see what happens during a blood moon.

ace14165

Jun 2, 2020
As in you don't want Eden's character to change after you get the trait? You want them to stay as the creepy rapist?

I was asking about scenes because more toggles are an option if they're needed. Like how feet and watersports have them.
No, I just want the option to not have Eden appear in the game at all. Actually when I played the game the first time my stats were too low to escape Eden and I ended up being forced to go through the whole thing for like an hour until they finally released me, so that's another complaint about Eden.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
No, I just want the option to not have Eden appear in the game at all. Actually when I played the game the first time my stats were too low to escape Eden and I ended up being forced to go through the whole thing for like an hour until they finally released me, so that's another complaint about Eden.
I understand the desire for options as many of us share it.
However, this game has from the start been about these kind of things. You're supposed to go through the whole unpleasant situation. You're supposed to feel powerless. The PC is a victim. They're gonna get victimised.

Zonie63

Dec 29, 2020
wouldn't Avery be able to possibly "buy" the MC out of orphanage? :unsure:
That sounds like it might be an interesting twist. Avery could keep the MC in an apartment which they pay for, but impose more and more of a controlling relationship on the MC (such as cutting them off from Robin and other love interests). The relationship could eventually decay and end abruptly, at which point the MC has to go crawling back to the Orphanage. ;)

Ayymao

May 1, 2021
I'd like an option to beat the shit out of Eden until she stops being a creep. It will never happen, but I can dream.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I'd like an option to beat the shit out of Eden until she stops being a creep. It will never happen, but I can dream.
You CAN beat the crap out of them and don't let you get caught.
You can avoid Eden, especially if you already know they are out there.
You can escape from Eden.
There are plenty of options.

Reactions: Toaster2033

Ayymao

May 1, 2021
You CAN beat the crap out of them and don't let you get caught.
You can avoid Eden, especially if you already know they are out there.
You can escape from Eden.
There are plenty of options.
That's not what I want. I want my character to be able to have a relationship with Eden without being a slave/pet and getting Stockholm Syndrome.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
That's not what I want. I want my character to be able to have a relationship with Eden without being a slave/pet and getting Stockholm Syndrome.
You want beat Eden to pulp and have a relationship afterwards? Seems perfectly reasonable...

OffPathGames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2020
I saw a question earlier about how to lose your virginity to Whitney easily a few days ago, but can't find it now. For anyone who is still curious, the way is when he wants you to give him a blowjob, let him put it in your mouth and then bite him. He'll re-try with a different hole. You should be able to lose your V-card to him after a couple tries or save-scumming.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
You want beat Eden to pulp and have a relationship afterwards? Seems perfectly reasonable...
lol I think he said that in a figurative sense, I think he likes the idea of a hunter character like Eden. But the way the character is written currently in the game, you can only at best have a captive type of relationship, and the poster wanted to have a wholesome relationship with Eden akin to Robin.

That's why he said that he wish he could "beat some sense" into Eden, so to speak, for them to stop being a creep.

Reactions: Mrbeez and Ayymao

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
lol I think he said that in a figurative sense, I think he likes the idea of a hunter character like Eden. But the way the character is written currently in the game, you can only at best have a captive type of relationship, and the poster wanted to have a wholesome relationship with Eden akin to Robin.

That's why he said that he wish he could "beat some sense" into Eden, so to speak, for them to stop being a creep.
Dunno, after the last updates there is hardly anything left of the captivity.
Once you are allowed back into town you can do what you want.
If Eden sees you, you tell them some BS, take a stroll in the park and everything is fine.
I almost feel sorry for Eden.

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
Someone's not reading their journal lol.
All the other events will be listed there.
View attachment 1515634
actualy i look at jurnal regulary, problem is as other poster pointed out - you have that info at begining and then nothing.if you contonue game next day of after some break is is very easy to forgot that today is that day.
or to forget on it during daily rutine.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
actualy i look at jurnal regulary, problem is as other poster pointed out - you have that info at begining and then nothing.if you contonue game next day of after some break is is very easy to forgot that today is that day.
or to forget on it during daily rutine.
That's understandable, Even I'm guilty of forgetting stuff. (Bless savescumming for that)

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
That's gon' be a problem, this game's whole theme is us adjusting to the place using our wits, we don't get to change anything major.

Just like how we can never be a dom.
A...Aside from the character removal quests like Whitney and the other one...

Last edited:

Ayymao

May 1, 2021

You understood me perfectly, thank you.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
You understood me perfectly, thank you.
Well, despite the illusion of open-world game setting and a wide gallery of NPCs, the very engine of the game is quite restrictive in your freedom of choices. It appears to be a life-sim type of game, but it's only a very detailed virtual novel really. It's HTML after all. Thus, you can only have relations with this or that character/object/area which have been scripted into the game. The generally universal mechanics of the battle/sex minigame combined with a lot of randomly generated encounters thrown at the paperdoll-customizable MC may fool the player into thinking they're navigating through an in-game world where everything is possible, but in actuality not a lot is possible. Significant NPCs behave in a stiff, predictable manner, glued fast to their events and not existing outside of those events. Asking for character X or Y to behave in a particular manner is a reader fan request. The dev will need to add more content and write tons upon tons of lines for Eden to become someone a bit more than a single minded MC-obsessed hunter living in a forest tied to their boring daily schedule. What actually happens with each new update of DoL is more new loosely tied smut stories being added in such a smart way as not to ruin the overall balance of the game's narrative structure. It's like a new fascicle of your favourite literary serial.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur
4.50 star(s) 186 Votes