Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

View attachment 1613024
Degrees of Lewdity - Portable standalone application.

After some configuration and moving some things with Nw.js, I made an standalone application for the game :3
The changes that I made for the main application where small, I just put a couple of lines in the code to show the icon of the game in the taskbar and window, but also configure a local cache folder to make the game portable. A side of that, using Resource Hacker I change the ".exe" file icon to make the application pretier and genuine <3

I have no idea how to program anything, hope it works well. I leave the application as it came to allow people to improve it, no files are self contain (At least from me).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(It needs the main game.)
Bless, wonder if you'll do this for every update?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
This should work with any future update, with just erasing the game files in the "www" foler and replace them with the newest ones should be enough :3
All hail...this user...ALL HAIL!!!

Well I guess things aren't THAT easy, not for me since my luck is always been and will be sh-.
Followed instructions and I ran to some problems after opening it.
1642981576351.png

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Yui2385

Yui2385

Apr 28, 2017
All hail...this user...ALL HAIL!!!

Well I guess things aren't THAT easy, not for me since my luck is always been and will be sh-.
Followed instructions and I ran to some problems after opening it.
View attachment 1613141
After opening... Idk to be honest :c
Just testing again and I have no problem, even putting the game on a flash drive or a restricted folder like "programs files"... searching for related errors with Nw.js I can't find something either... the only thing that I can think about it is the files of the game, if you check them and are ok Idk then :c

edit: Check if the application creates the "cache" folder.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
After opening... Idk to be honest :c
Just testing again and I have no problem, even putting the game on a flash drive or a restricted folder like "programs files"... searching for related errors with Nw.js I can't find something either... the only thing that I can think about it is the files of the game, if you check them and are ok Idk then :c
I see.
This is the part where I slam my desk and eat depression pills once more.

• Sad
Reactions: Yui2385

Yui2385

Apr 28, 2017
After downloading it seems that they contain the same amount of files, maybe it just doesn't work on windows 7...
*Desk slamming intensifies*
I don't think its Windows but is definetly the "img" folder, is like if windows block the access to the images inside the folder, more a system problem than one from the operative system. You could try changing the game ubication and the folder properties, if is not being block by admin. Also check if the game without the application show images, open "index.html" inside the "www" folder [WARNING: Make a backup of your character before open "index.html"].

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I don't think its Windows but is definetly the "img" folder, is like if windows block the access to the images inside the folder, more a system problem than one from the operative system. You could try changing the game ubication and the folder properties, if is not being block by admin. Also check if the game without the application show images, open "index.html" inside the "www" folder [WARNING: Make a backup of your character before open "index.html"].
I don't have to worry about backups, every save file's in a mega folder.
I guess I'll just stick to the browser version til' I get motivated enough to do it as I am a lazy person.

Yui2385

Apr 28, 2017
I don't have to worry about backups, every save file's in a mega folder.
I guess I'll just stick to the browser version til' I get motivated enough to do it as I am a lazy person.
Its ok, hope someone more knowledgeable find the way to make the application more compatible and also improve it. For now I see that it works well at least for the people that tested the application, but I want it working for everyone :3

If is a problem with the application it will updated and I tell you about it.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Yui2385 I got it working! Thank you so much <3 :D

All I did was:

Go in to my main degrees of lewdity folder and right clicked on the img folder and pasted it in to the Degrees of lewdity application www folder.

Then I renamed the degrees of lewdity 0.3.6.1.html to index.html and copied and pasted it in to the degrees of lewdity application www folder.

I then double clicked on the degreesoflewdity.exe inside the degrees of lewdity application folder and everything loaded up correctly and all images loaded up properly too.

By the way, I'm using Windows 10 if that helps. I didn't take any screenshots but if you want me to do that again with screenshots then I will happily help out :)

[Edit]: Below is a screenshot of what I did. I hope this helps
So you pretty much followed the exact same thing in the screenies called instructions to begin with...

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah, I did end up with image issues same as you but I put the img folder in to the www folder and renamed the html to index.html and put that in to the www folder as well. Double clicked on the degrees of lewdity exe and everything loaded up properly including the images loaded up properly as well.

Are you still having issues?
Yes...The part where we rename the html and opening the exe is literally step 3...

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I am still really new to the game, what's the best way to get money? Kinda my main problem rn
if you get your hand skill or beauty high enough, the spa is probably pretty good early on
also depends how do you wanna play, go slow or just throw yourself into all the sex
because if you do intend to go faster with upping the lewd stats, the brothel should also work

Reactions: kcj300
4.50 star(s) 186 Votes