ZorriscoSHED

Oct 14, 2020
The tags of this game looks like the star wars opening crawl. Even has vore and bestiality damn... (downloading right now)

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
The tags of this game looks like the star wars opening crawl. Even has vore and bestiality damn... (downloading right now)
Fair warning, any fantasy of domination will be null.
This is purely us trying to struggle, not to be on top.

Neonwarrior

Dec 16, 2021
Fair warning, any fantasy of domination will be null.
This is purely us trying to struggle, not to be on top.
To the game's detriment, honestly. It's called "Degrees of Lewdity" but the only degrees available to the player range from "unwilling rape-bait" to "willing fuck-toy," at least when random encounters are concerned.

The game is very inconsistent regarding when and when not you are allowed to be defiant regardless of your stats. I always found it strange how your character can max out their physique and rebelliousness and beat the shit out of anyone who tries to assault them to the point that they can step in to save others from assault, beat up their bullies, beat up their kidnappers, beat up prison guards, beat up Bailey, and become somewhat of a local hero—but if you take two steps down the street wearing a bit of make-up an encounter will begin where you instantly are forced onto your knees with a cock shoved in your orifices seemingly because your character chooses to immediately submit rather than resist.

Which is super strange considering you actually can resist, but only once the rape actually starts—punching and screaming and kicking until you escape. So why are you put in a compromised position to begin with if you are stronger than your attacker? It's not always this way, because the game occasionally gives you a mini-game where you can try to evade people stalking you by running and hiding, though one of the options is to just straight up hold your ground and adopt a fighting pose, but the sprite graphics once the encounter actually begins will immediately put your character on the ground in a powerless "please fuck me" pose even if you (or your character) never intended to submit and nothing even happened yet. It's like you lost a fight but the game just skipped to the "lose scene" even though you never got a chance to begin with and you know you could beat them up since your character has already done so many times.

Basically I think this game has mixed messaging and seems to not know how much agency to give the player. But one thing is for sure, it's simply not a "struggle simulator" like you say because you can actually become very powerful and even unbeatable and not struggle much at all.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
To the game's detriment, honestly. It's called "Degrees of Lewdity" but the only degrees available to the player range from "unwilling rape-bait" to "willing fuck-toy," at least when random encounters are concerned.

The game is very inconsistent regarding when and when not you are allowed to be defiant regardless of your stats. I always found it strange how your character can max out their physique and rebelliousness and beat the shit out of anyone who tries to assault them to the point that they can step in to save others from assault, beat up their bullies, beat up their kidnappers, beat up prison guards, beat up Bailey, and become somewhat of a local hero—but if you take two steps down the street wearing a bit of make-up an encounter will begin where you instantly are forced onto your knees with a cock shoved in your orifices seemingly because your character chooses to immediately submit rather than resist.

Which is super strange considering you actually can resist, but only once the rape actually starts—punching and screaming and kicking until you escape. So why are you put in a compromised position to begin with if you are stronger than your attacker? It's not always this way, because the game occasionally gives you a mini-game where you can try to evade people stalking you by running and hiding, though one of the options is to just straight up hold your ground and adopt a fighting pose, but the sprite graphics once the encounter actually begins will immediately put your character on the ground in a powerless "please fuck me" pose even if you (or your character) never intended to submit and nothing even happened yet. It's like you lost a fight but the game just skipped to the "lose scene" even though you never got a chance to begin with and you know you could beat them up since your character has already done so many times.

Basically I think this game has mixed messaging and seems to not know how much agency to give the player. But one thing is for sure, it's simply not a "struggle simulator" like you say because you can actually become very powerful and even unbeatable and not struggle much at all.
I honestly would prefer if they gave the same freedom LT gave us.
I still have on idea why they keep going for this struggle narrative since everything is too easy.
Heck, we can even REMOVE some characters via dismissal quests or fight back like framing folks.

You'd think that all the fame we get like combat will make them afraid but no, people are still the usual soulless and emotionless husks who want nothing more than to mess with us.

Reactions: Neonwarrior

Neonwarrior

Dec 16, 2021
I honestly would prefer if they gave the same freedom LT gave us.
I still have on idea why they keep going for this struggle narrative since everything is too easy.
Heck, we can even REMOVE some characters via dismissal quests or fight back like framing folks.

You'd think that all the fame we get like combat will make them afraid but no, people are still the usual soulless and emotionless husks who want nothing more than to mess with us.
Yeah my #1 problem is just the presentation of the way the encounters usually go, not even that you get attacked but that you just... let it happen. I think the developer should rework the sprite graphics to require an additional stage before your character is forced onto their knees where you actually are standing. Perhaps you should only be on the floor when your character receives too much pain or pleasure? I just hate looking at my character "assume the position" when someone so much as walks up to them with a leering gesture.

I think you're right about Lilith's Throne but LT has its own major problems and I still think DoL has the better gameplay in general just from gameplay loop of needing to find out how to make money, having a schedule, having this large map to navigate, having to go to school, having to manage your sanity, etc.

Only game I've played that makes this "struggle gameplay" appealing is probably Karryn's Prison, or maybe an era game or two if they had a proper English translation.

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I think you're right about Lilith's Throne but LT has its own major problems and I still think DoL has the better gameplay in general just from gameplay loop of needing to find out how to make money, having a schedule, having this large map to navigate, having to go to school, having to manage your sanity, etc.

Only game I've played that makes this "struggle gameplay" appealing is probably Karryn's Prison, or maybe an era game or two if they had a proper English translation.
Oh I don't want DoL to be LT itself, I just hope they give us the same freedom LT gave us.
We rob folks when Kylar shoots sleeping darts to them, or take their phone after a doggo asks us for help.
We can 100% beat up folks til' they go unconscious too if we want, it's just that they'll never do that which I find really disappointing.

I can call this a struggle simulator ONLY when it was still in the past versions.
Heck, I even called this the dark souls of smut games back in the day, but now it's just Lewden Ring 'coz it's too f-ing easy that the "struggle" part went poof...

Neonwarrior

Dec 16, 2021
Oh I don't want DoL to be LT itself, I just hope they give us the same freedom LT gave us.
We rob folks when Kylar shoots sleeping darts to them, or take their phone after a doggo asks us for help.
We can 100% beat up folks til' they go unconscious too if we want, it's just that they'll never do that which I find really disappointing.

I can call this a struggle simulator ONLY when it was still in the past versions.
Heck, I even called this the dark souls of smut games back in the day, but now it's just Lewden Ring 'coz it's too f-ing easy that the "struggle" part went poof...
I mean I'd agree with you but LT doesn't have freedom like that haha. It allows you to modify your character's body but I'd say LT is so bare-bones that it barely qualifies as a proper game, and I think DoL actually has more freedom. I'd even say Trials in Tainted Space is just straight-up more interactive and gives you more freedom than LT ever could, because LT's turn-based combat is almost entirely the same as Fenoxo's games but worse in every regard except you can rob the enemy's inventory of their useless items that serve no purpose afterwards. Then, instead of a decently-written smut scene, you get to watch two meters rise over and over again with practically no unique writing as every enemy is copy pasted and randomly generated.

It's so monotonous and flavorless that Innoxia ended up putting in a button to automatically skip the sex scene.

I'm super curious as to how you think LT has so much freedom because DoL seems to actually do better in this area.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I think it's still there. Try to start a new game without feat boosts.
The game got even harder over time, IMHO.
It takes now longer to raise school grades. Getting the box from the moor is almost impossible for a fresh MC.
But after most stats are maxed out, daily life is a piece of cake.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Its been two months, any update on the author?
Nope. But don't worry, when it takes time to get an update it's because it decided to put together several things to bring a big update.

The bad thing is that it is unknown when it comes out, since he doesn´t like to commit to giving dates to avoid stress and above all to avoid commitments with X or Y over Z or U so that each update is like a surprise.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes