darkBlu

Jun 29, 2018
Oh dear, it's not even close to a sandbox game, unless by 'sandbox' you mean a perpetual construction site of an unfinished game which allows the player to free-roam the existing content in a more or less (dis)ordered manner.

A proper sandbox game allows you to make up your own rules and do whatever it is that you want to do without violating the game's own laws of physics. You obviously played Minecraft, so you should know the difference.

Here, my friend, you have a calendar, your own role of a student and orphanage resident and as such, stuff to do, calendar-triggered events, quests of sorts, etc. You have a fixed map with immovable objects and you cannot add or raze anything from it. You can only manipulate your environment to a very limited degree, basically dress as you like, except school, do some gardening and expand the farm. Oh yeah, you can also decorate your room, which is pointless anyway, but whatever, more sand freedom of choice, right? You can only visually admire your PCs attire, hairstyle and transformation and playing paperdoll is the only truly sandboxy feature of the game.

There are other characters in this game who mind their own businesses and appear in this or that location at specific times. There is a limited amount of interaction options, no sandboxy freedom of expression there. You can't discuss Briar with Doreen, you can't set up a foursome with Robin, Kylar and Whitney. Robin is the only person you can go to a cinema with, a cinema which doesn't even have it's own location, so you could go there by yourself, as a proper sandbox game would allow you to do. You can get spanked by Leighton after school, you can do a photoshoot with Leighton during school, you can get fucked by Leighton in the Brothel on Fridays or Saturdays or in his office during school if you've convinced them you're a proud slut, but that's it! A sandbox game should allow you to bring red roses to Leighton and confess your love to them and promise you'll be their bad bad pupil until Day XXX, if that's what you want. Or give 10,000 quid to Landry to sort Leighton out. Nope, you have to follow the script, don't you? And what is a script if not a written instruction on how a story should be played out? Roses can only be sold, end of story.

That's what this game is: a collection of lewd snippets borrowed from other games and loosely connected by an overarching isekai JK-girl leitmotif.
Official definition for this site of sandbox:

• Sandbox [For Free-Roam type of games.]
So yes, by definition this is a sandbox game. Especially with it being open source, so literally everything you mentioned can be implemented by anyone, Vrel is very willing to add content created by others. And notice the lack of completed tag.

Also, how is this isekai???? And considering the amount of gender fluidity this game offers, labeling it as exclusively "JK-girl" anything seems incredibly dumb.

Crimson Tide

Feb 26, 2018
That's what this game is: a collection of lewd snippets borrowed from other games and loosely connected by an overarching isekai JK-girl leitmotif.
Name three scenes borrowed from other games. I'm not even touching anything else you've said, because your misgivings are something you're allowed to have. I need to prod about this, though. Name three scenes that are taken from other games beyond shared tropes of the genre.

Fangii

Aug 19, 2019
This has gotta be bait, lol. You just keep digging yourself into deeper holes the more and more you post.

Last edited:
Reactions: zen4yalp

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Oh dear, it's not even close to a sandbox game, unless by 'sandbox' you mean a perpetual construction site of an unfinished game which allows the player to free-roam the existing content in a more or less (dis)ordered manner.

A proper sandbox game allows you to make up your own rules and do whatever it is that you want to do without violating the game's own laws of physics. You obviously played Minecraft, so you should know the difference.

Here, my friend, you have a calendar, your own role of a student and orphanage resident and as such, stuff to do, calendar-triggered events, quests of sorts, etc. You have a fixed map with immovable objects and you cannot add or raze anything from it. You can only manipulate your environment to a very limited degree, basically dress as you like, except school, do some gardening and expand the farm. Oh yeah, you can also decorate your room, which is pointless anyway, but whatever, more sand freedom of choice, right? You can only visually admire your PCs attire, hairstyle and transformation and playing paperdoll is the only truly sandboxy feature of the game.

There are other characters in this game who mind their own businesses and appear in this or that location at specific times. There is a limited amount of interaction options, no sandboxy freedom of expression there. You can't discuss Briar with Doreen, you can't set up a foursome with Robin, Kylar and Whitney. Robin is the only person you can go to a cinema with, a cinema which doesn't even have it's own location, so you could go there by yourself, as a proper sandbox game would allow you to do. You can get spanked by Leighton after school, you can do a photoshoot with Leighton during school, you can get fucked by Leighton in the Brothel on Fridays or Saturdays or in his office during school if you've convinced them you're a proud slut, but that's it! A sandbox game should allow you to bring red roses to Leighton and confess your love to them and promise you'll be their bad bad pupil until Day XXX, if that's what you want. Or give 10,000 quid to Landry to sort Leighton out. Nope, you have to follow the script, don't you? And what is a script if not a written instruction on how a story should be played out? Roses can only be sold, end of story.

I don't know what drugs you're on but I want some of it so I can write something this long again not in this game but in CoC2. :KEK:

I've played this for god-knows-how long and I have no idea where you get that isekai sh- from 'coz as far as I know and remember, There's nothing isekai in our MC.

• Haha

dragon337111

Mar 16, 2018
An overarching isekai JK-girl leitmotif.
For folks who do not know yet.

JK stands for - Jyoshi kousei - it is a japanese word for high school girls.
Isekai - I think it is well known trope.
Leitmotif - it means: some sort of recurring theme.

So, overarching isekai JK-girl leitmotif would mean something like - overreaching and recurring theme/trope of highschool girls being transported by some means into different/fantasy worlds.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

So, overarching isekai JK-girl leitmotif would mean something like - overreaching and recurring theme/trope of highschool girls being transported by some means into different/fantasy worlds.
Bless you for this info.
The more I know~

Fangii

Aug 19, 2019

So from that, madchef is obviously talking out of his ass here then because the PC wasn't "isekai'd" into the DoL world, they were born into it from the start and have lived at the orphanage (with Robin) up until the game starts for many years at that point

ThyraUnn

May 14, 2022
They sound Butt hurt that the game isn't what they wanted.

I love the game. just wish the Animal shelter had more to it.

• Angry
Reactions: iJostar

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019

I know what they mean but I have no fucking clue hoow this game is any of that. Cuz isekai is self explantory, jk doesn't make sense because you can be male and I don't think any media with jk is like dol, and leitmotiff I actually didn't connect that actually so thanks.

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
how this is ntr -.- ?
I believe it is because you can initiate events that cause a love interest like Kylar to be cheated on by the MC with Whitney, possibly more NPCs but this is the one that comes to mind. I'm not sure there are cheating events where the MC is the one being cheated on.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I'll be honest, I'd personally like this game more if it went the way I wanted, but there's a wee little issue with that...it's not my game and I'm not a dev for it. It irks me beyond measure that this is still a thing, that a game that is 1 in a thousand still gets ridiculed that it's not like the other 999 games you play instead.

nocere

Dec 23, 2018
there used to be a forward and back button on the top left corner, is it gone now or is it hidden?

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes