jd0817

Oct 17, 2021
You can have both.
When the loft is known and River's love is high enough there should an option to tell River about the loft.
Yeah, but I have the loft open and River's love at max. The option to ask him is still not there. Is there somewhere other than the Soup Kitchen that you can talk to him?

wildfire42

Jan 7, 2023
Why does a 40 MB game take up nearly 9 GB of disk space?
View attachment 2317075
it's a lot of very small files (9145 files total, each one a little over 4KB on average), and your drive was almost certainly formatted to 1MB sector size instead of the "standard" 4KB, which means every single file takes up a minimum of 1MB even if it's only a single byte. Thus it takes up roughly 9145*1MB.

Last edited:

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Yeah, but I have the loft open and River's love at max. The option to ask him is still not there. Is there somewhere other than the Soup Kitchen that you can talk to him?
No, the soup kitchen is only the only option. Right below "Help River (1:00)" there should be "Tell River about the orphanage loft".
There are no further conditions I can see. Loft known, kitchen not yet built and love≥80%.
You didn't already build the kitchen?

jd0817

Oct 17, 2021
No, the soup kitchen is only the only option. Right below "Help River (1:00)" there should be "Tell River about the orphanage loft".
There are no further conditions I can see. Loft known, kitchen not yet built and love≥80%.
You didn't already build the kitchen?
Nope, when I go up to the loft, the only thing up there is the pepper spray lab. Probably better anyway, gotta get my rebelliousness up to get that last museum artifact.

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
Why does a 40 MB game take up nearly 9 GB of disk space?
View attachment 2317075
Cluster size, which acts as a kind of minimum file size, can cause less extreme discrepancies like this. If you have a thousand 1 KB files on a standard NTFS (Windows) drive, well, the default cluster size of the NTFS file system is 4 KB, so that "Size on disk" would report 4000 KB and not 1000 KB, because that's what it would actually take up. But the difference here seems to be too extreme for it to be explained that way, so I'm not entirely sure.

(e): Looks like it probably is this, as wildfire42 said and which I did not read before posting this - strange that your drive would be formatted to be an insane 1 MB, though.

Reactions: wildfire42

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
it's sad, there's no point in trying to continue:(
Is a game under development, so as a 0.3 version is expected to not have an ending right now.
But as a 0.3 ver it has a big amount of content so don't expect an ending soon.

Aug 22, 2021
There are like 15 different 'main' quests that each take multiple in-game weeks/months to complete. I have been playing this game on and off for over a year and I still have shit to do that I haven't seen before, not to mention the stuff that has been added in the interim.

Give a quick look at the wiki and make sure you have found all the primary locations, and maybe try a bit of achievement hunting. You can find a surprising amount of unique content just trying to fill out the museum!

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
That's like saying I should stop playing minecraft after I finish the ender dragon.
You're really asking for an ending in a sandbox game?

There's no main quest to follow, this is OUR story, we choose when it ends, how it ends.
1674150124798.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrbeez and KekKoo

dero21

Apr 23, 2022
There are like 15 different 'main' quests that each take multiple in-game weeks/months to complete. I have been playing this game on and off for over a year and I still have shit to do that I haven't seen before, not to mention the stuff that has been added in the interim.

Give a quick look at the wiki and make sure you have found all the primary locations, and maybe try a bit of achievement hunting. You can find a surprising amount of unique content just trying to fill out the museum!
The problem is that English is not my native language. I use the translator in the browser when selecting with the right mouse and wait a couple of seconds to get the translation. It would be great to subtract an auto-translator that translates the entire tab, but for some reason, it translates everything, including scripts, from which everything breaks. I enjoyed playing and I would even continue to play in such an uncomfortable way if there was a final....Or is there some plugin that automatically translates the HTML of the game?))))

May 29, 2022
Or is there some plugin that automatically translates the HTML of the game?
I just tried the "TWP - Translate Web Pages" extension for Firefox and it seems to be working fine except in a few places.
Combined with the "Simple Translate" extension, and if you change some of its settings, you can just select any untranslated text and the translation will be displayed on top of the selection almost immediately. Awesome stuff.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes