Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
The game started as explicitly loli/shota game, but very early on it was shifted to ambiguous age, shielded with famous disclaimer which is still in the game. However, setting, characters writing, and entire narrative heavily implied 18- (although still "too old" for hardline loli enjoyers: like 14-16+/-, not ten). It was like that for many ears, almost entire game lifespan, and everybody was happy. About a year ago devs started shifting it again from ambiguous 18- to unambiguous 18+. This update finalized the change. Game still has some traces of old content such as Robin's lemonade stand or some school lessons, but I assume it will be changed/adjusted as well in the future.

While it's insane to prosecute the dev for bending a knee, when he can face legal charges in his country for making a loli game, I also can understand why so many early fans are frustrated. You woudn't be happy as well if your favorite part was cut from your favorite game. Personally I think DoL loses a lot with it. You can depict a vulnerable adults, but it will never have the same impact as with kids. So while it is still a good game it definitely lost something little that made it special.
Heh, if the thing that made it special in this game is that it is a f-ing child corn simulator then I am more than glad they went away that route.
This ain't the other forums.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
all this talk as if teens can't get pregnant
What, people can get pregnant?
I didn't know that was a thing, I thought we came from storks?

Side note:
Instead of people complaining about the same sh-t the sanest 4chaner came here for.
They can just make a modded version of the game that will fit to their "tastes".

Reactions: Mrbeez

LawdStalker

Jan 9, 2018
Heh, if the thing that made it special in this game is that it is a f-ing child corn simulator then I am more than glad they went away that route.
It was indeed something relevant in the game's setting, although there are some who pretend it wasn't, like if it wasn't even present in it in the first place.
But yeah, it's not something to get your head over or to be pissed about all the time just because it was removed from the game, as if it was the end of the world, when you can just...stop playing?

This ain't the other forums.
I suppose this forum has no *ahem* fallen to that point yet.

• Haha
Reactions: ViviX12

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
It was indeed something relevant in the game's setting, although there are some who pretend it wasn't, like if it wasn't even present in it in the first place.
But yeah, it's not something to get your head over or to be pissed about all the time just because it was removed from the game, as if it was the end of the world, when you can just...stop playing?

I suppose this forum has no *ahem* fallen to that point yet.
I mean, it still technically is, they only changed the words but it's not as blatant as early versions, I've played it back then when I still called it the dark souls of smut games.

There's no way to comprehend the mind of an ultra purist, these insane f-ckers are beyond redemption because they maxed out their delusion stat to 1000.
--
I see that you also know that forum too.
We all going down to hell. :KEK:

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
I mean, it still technically is, they only changed the words but it's not as blatant as early versions, I've played it back then when I still called it the dark souls of smut games.

There's no way to comprehend the mind of an ultra purist, these insane f-ckers are beyond redemption because they maxed out their delusion stat to 1000.
--
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LawdStalker

Jan 9, 2018

They have probably spent so much time with high trauma status in the game that they carried it into real life. Soon they will be hallucinating that Vrelnir and co. is a giant tentacled eldrich that destroyed their lives by removing their ability to fantasize.
But I won't lie that their get a laugh out of me sometimes.
Speaking of which I wonder where are the comrades who spent 5 years asking for a pregnancy system, I actually expected more of them would pop out when it finally came out.

I've been in hell for a long time now, the heat of the flames doesnt even bothers me anymore :HideThePain:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
They have probably spent so much time with high trauma status in the game that they carried it into real life. Soon they will be hallucinating that Vrelnir and co. is a giant tentacled eldrich that destroyed their lives by removing their ability to fantasize.
Speaking of which I wonder where are the comrades who spent 5 years asking for a pregnancy system, I actually expected more of them would pop out when it finally came out.
Now I want that whole list as a mod, that sh- is funny.
They're busy knocking or getting knocked.

I've been in hell for a long time now, the heat of the flames doesnt even bothers me anymore :HideThePain:
I dunno about the flames but my god poverty is a harsh torture method.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
I'm in bureaucracy hell now, dunno what's worse...
It's nice idea to be added into game with rape scenes here and there and some prostitution/money bribes... yeah, game'll be even darker :ROFLMAO::cry:

Omegalolman3000

Apr 13, 2023
I'm curious, is there a game out there that is like DOL or better than DOL? I've tried Lilith Throne and it has too much text for me. Doesn't even have animations or visuals like DOL.

Mar 12, 2023
The game started as explicitly loli/shota game, but very early on it was shifted to ambiguous age, shielded with famous disclaimer which is still in the game. However, setting, characters writing, and entire narrative heavily implied 18- (although still "too old" for hardline loli enjoyers: like 14-16+/-, not ten). It was like that for many ears, almost entire game lifespan, and everybody was happy. About a year ago devs started shifting it again from ambiguous 18- to unambiguous 18+. This update finalized the change. Game still has some traces of old content such as Robin's lemonade stand or some school lessons, but I assume it will be changed/adjusted as well in the future.

While it's insane to prosecute the dev for bending a knee, when he can face legal charges in his country for making a loli game, I also can understand why so many early fans are frustrated. You woudn't be happy as well if your favorite part was cut from your favorite game. Personally I think DoL loses a lot with it. You can depict a vulnerable adults, but it will never have the same impact as with kids. So while it is still a good game it definitely lost something little that made it special.
I dunno, to me it still seems ambiguous enough to plausibly be an "all characters are 18 or over wink wink nudge nudge" type of deal.
Not that I care too much one way or the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: ViviX12

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I'm curious, is there a game out there that is like DOL or better than DOL? I've tried Lilith Throne and it has too much text for me. Doesn't even have animations or visuals like DOL.
I don't think there are any games that are similar to that if you count out lilith's throne tbh.
Well, nothing I know of at least.

Fingerbib33

Jun 3, 2020
I'm new to the game and have a question, hope someone more familiar can help me.

From a roleplay perspective, I want my character to be really promiscuous and resort to prostitution in order to make money for Bailey, but I don't want consensual sex via prostitution to be a positive thing like it seems to be by default (lowers stress/trauma and increases control). I'd prefer that it's something she does reluctantly and out of desperation (i.e. it should increase stress/trauma and decrease control).

There is an option in the "Attitudes" section titled "Is it worth prostituting yourself to help avoid Bailey's torments?" which states that I can prostitute myself without the required Promiscuity, but at the cost of Control. This sounds like the sort of thing I'm looking for, but I have two questions about it:

- Does it only have this effect on Control/Trauma while you don't yet meet the Promiscuity requirement for prostitution, and then when you do eventually meet the requirement you stop getting the penalties? Or does that Attitude setting permanently change the way you feel about prostitution, regardless of your Promiscuity level? I'm hoping it's the latter.

- In my current playthrough, I've yet to actually reach the requirements for that Attitude setting. It says that "Bailey hasn't scared me enough yet." Does anyone know the quickest/easiest way to be sufficiently "scared" enough by Bailey to get that option? Do I need to fail to pay him?

Thanks!

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
I'm new to the game and have a question, hope someone more familiar can help me.

From a roleplay perspective, I want my character to be really promiscuous and resort to prostitution in order to make money for Bailey, but I don't want consensual sex via prostitution to be a positive thing like it seems to be by default (lowers stress/trauma and increases control). I'd prefer that it's something she does reluctantly and out of desperation (i.e. it should increase stress/trauma and decrease control).

There is an option in the "Attitudes" section titled "Is it worth prostituting yourself to help avoid Bailey's torments?" which states that I can prostitute myself without the required Promiscuity, but at the cost of Control. This sounds like the sort of thing I'm looking for, but I have two questions about it:

- Does it only have this effect on Control/Trauma while you don't yet meet the Promiscuity requirement for prostitution, and then when you do eventually meet the requirement you stop getting the penalties? Or does that Attitude setting permanently change the way you feel about prostitution, regardless of your Promiscuity level? I'm hoping it's the latter.

- In my current playthrough, I've yet to actually reach the requirements for that Attitude setting. It says that "Bailey hasn't scared me enough yet." Does anyone know the quickest/easiest way to be sufficiently "scared" enough by Bailey to get that option? Do I need to fail to pay him?

Thanks!
Yes failling to pay will open that option.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

Thanks!
So they're a promiscuous but they don't want to spam sex with randoms?
Try getting the fox TF then pick one NPC as your LI, every sex encounter should give that effect you desire.
If you don't want to show the TF, you can always hide it = even more trauma~~~

This trait to be specific but yeah, only changing sadly, not really a 1:1 in what you want.

It's a win-win for you.

There's also this thing aka don't pay Bailey's rent 4x -> get sent to punishment -> underground brothel.

Fingerbib33

Jun 3, 2020
Yes failling to pay will open that option.
That's good to know, thanks.

Do you know about my other question too - does that Attitude setting change how you feel about prostitution in general, regardless of your Promiscuity level? Or does it only have an effect while you're below the required Promiscuity level for prostitution?

Fingerbib33

Jun 3, 2020
So they're a promiscuous but they don't want to spam sex with randoms?
Try getting the fox TF then pick one NPC as your LI, every sex encounter should give that effect you desire.
If you don't want to show the TF, you can always hide it = even more trauma~~~

This trait to be specific but yeah, only changing sadly, not really a 1:1 in what you want.
View attachment 2555859

It's a win-win for you.
TBH, I disabled transformations in my playthrough because they're not really my type of thing. I prefer stuff to be a little more realistic and grounded-feeling.

Is there a way to get the desired effect without transformations? Currently, if my character gets raped and has high trauma & low control, the best thing for her to do is simply whore herself out because it's "consensual" and makes her feel better. I kind of want to avoid that. I want prostitution to be a good source of money, but at the expense of mental well-being.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
TBH, I disabled transformations in my playthrough because they're not really my type of thing. I prefer stuff to be a little more realistic and grounded-feeling.

Is there a way to get the desired effect without transformations? Currently, if my character gets raped and has high trauma & low control, the best thing for her to do is simply whore herself out because it's "consensual" and makes her feel better. I kind of want to avoid that. I want prostitution to be a good source of money, but at the expense of mental well-being.
Yeah that should be the latter one I said but that might take a while for you to get out of 'cause to unlock that latter trait, you must get sent to the Underground Brothel via Bailey's 4th punishment and good luck escaping that with low stats.

I've been used to playing this archetype of someone who wants to survive and slowly overcome everything through experience so I never really got that trait.

4.50 star(s) 185 Votes