tester72

Nov 8, 2019
Short answer: Yes, but it's a long tedious process. There's no quick and easy way to merge mods that won't break things.

Long answer:
It is possible to merge mods together but that requires manual work of merging things yourself and ensuring that things don't conflict with each other. Anyone could do it if they know how to use WinMerge and have some knowledge of Twee/TwineScript which is actually easy to understand and adapt to, especially if you already have a fundamental understanding of programming.
As far as I know, there's no some kind of working patcher or mod loader that automatically does this sort of thing.

It's a complicated process because each mod's source files are basically forks of the game's original repo, meaning that any additions or modifications to the game's code are already applied instead of only having files that just contains additions or edits (not containing the entire vanilla source code) like a typical mod would have for a regular PC game.
It makes sense for developers to update their DoL mod this way but it's not really optimal when it comes to merging mods.

This means that you would have to go through a mod's entire repo and compare it to another mod's repo, finding parts of the code that were modified and making sure it doesn't break or replace a feature from another mod as you merge the code. You might even have to rewrite the code instead so it properly accommodates all new features from each mod.
This can get even more tedious if a mod's game version is outdated compared to another mod's game version as the base game's code would be overhauled in newer versions which may complicate the merging process. Merging mods is just not a feasible option and you might have to do it all the time if you want your base game and mods to be up to date.

When it comes to graphic replacement mods though, well, that's very easy to do as you just need to overwrite the existing "img" folder which every version of DoL comes with (that isn't text-only).
Merging multiple graphic mods however, there will be a lot of conflicts if most of their files both share the same names so just use the ones that you prefer the most.
Since you seem to be the expert in our problem i would like to ask you a question:

I have "merged" together the BEEES, Fire and the World expansion mod and by merging i mean i literally copied things onto others. I know that BEEES is a char mod that affects how i look, Firemod is for animations and world expansion only expands the world.
Would this 3 work together in my method or did i just created some unholy mess of random things cobbled together?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Since you seem to be the expert in our problem i would like to ask you a question:

I have "merged" together the BEEES, Fire and the World expansion mod and by merging i mean i literally copied things onto others. I know that BEEES is a char mod that affects how i look, Firemod is for animations and world expansion only expands the world.
Would this 3 work together in my method or did i just created some unholy mess of random things cobbled together?
It should work just fine since the other two are just graphics mods.

• Red Heart
Reactions: tester72

Catnatic

Nov 25, 2021

Like Raf-Raf said, your combination of mods should be fine together since two of them replaces sprites of the World Expansion mod with one of them only focuses on your character's look while the other changes the animations so it's unlikely there would be any conflicts.

• Red Heart
Reactions: tester72

PostDrip

Jan 12, 2020
Does anyone know the console command to lower clothing durability or (more specifically) how to remove the chastity cage? Shouldn't have masturbated during history class and Sydney's waiting to be deflowered.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Does anyone know the console command to lower clothing durability or (more specifically) how to remove the chastity cage? Shouldn't have masturbated during history class and Sydney's waiting to be deflowered.
Time to visit Alex's farm and spam the horses.
Those horses break chastity cages easily or maybe just ask the Temple person to remove it and pay or smth.

PostDrip

Jan 12, 2020
Time to visit Alex's farm and spam the horses.
Those horses break chastity cages easily or maybe just ask the Temple person to remove it and pay or smth.
I tried the temple as soon as I could, but since it wasn't one of theirs they didn't have a key. Guess it's horses then.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
You can let it be removed at the temple.
If it's not the golden one, that is.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
So I got to thinking... Alex+Bird Waifu for added protection/threesome = Remy not testing fate. I'm sure we could have a roost for the Bird added to Alex's farm and work out a pact of sorts...

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
So what's the deal with world expansion other than every beast is now a furry forced in the settings? How much content is there what types of events and quests?

Diasenner

Nov 25, 2020
I'm one of those degenerates who's knees get weak for big strong horsecock futa ladies. I know the animation is there, but is there a variable I can change to make Alex to have a horsecock in writing and in sex scenes penetration animation?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
ngl your pc looking mighty fuckable fine makes me consider using that at some point
It's also the first chara I made with these two-tone hair coloring.
I'm one of those degenerates who's knees get weak for big strong horsecock futa ladies. I know the animation is there, but is there a variable I can change to make Alex to have a horsecock in writing and in sex scenes penetration animation?
Go play CoC or TiTs if that's your thing.
I don't think we can have animal d-cks, yet.

Reactions: ViviX12
4.50 star(s) 185 Votes