ThyraUnn

May 14, 2022
I think I'm too stupid to find the farm. Reaching the farmlands is no problem, and once I'm there the flavor text tells me that there's allegedly a dirt road and a 'help wanted' sign - but the only three options are to either visit the meadow, wander into the moor, or fuck off back to town. Is there a trick, do I not meet certain conditions, or am I just blind?
There should be an "ask about Farm work" Option. Also if you came from the Coastal Path you have to select "Leave" to get the Farm option cause you end up in the meadow if you came from there.

GoldenStag

Oct 3, 2020
I think I'm too stupid to find the farm. Reaching the farmlands is no problem, and once I'm there the flavor text tells me that there's allegedly a dirt road and a 'help wanted' sign - but the only three options are to either visit the meadow, wander into the moor, or fuck off back to town. Is there a trick, do I not meet certain conditions, or am I just blind?
Are your clothes wet? Are you naked or in your underwear? Because that'll stop you from being able to ask about farm work or visit the riding school.

Mooniebutt

Oct 28, 2017
My clothes are indeed wet, as it is raining cats and dogs. Is that it?! Jesus.

I'll head back there on a dry day then, thanks a bunch!

Apr 16, 2019
Money making feels like chores after sometime in this game. It be fun for hardcore play, but for casual seems annoying.
I wish there's a feat booster that makes the player can use cheats without any penalty with requirements like have 50 or 100 feats or something so we can have a little cheat like money in a run for getting more feats.

EmptyBottle

Jan 14, 2019
Playing as a male pc, are there any consequences from impregnating women?
Is it also possible to impregnate named npcs? Ive been stuffing the love interests like a bakery and I haven't received any impregnation notifications.

I kind of hope down the line, that if your male character goes around knocking up women left and right, you have the chance a few weeks later to see either a "familiar woman" with a large belly or you see a woman carrying a baby with suspiciously similar features to yourself.
Maybe your character is confronted about it and hilarity ensues.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Had a lot of fun filling out that little survey! Here's to hoping that it's really looked at and...that people took it seriously. I'm mostly excited to see how the writing and combat grow!
I'm a little concerned about the writing and combat thing. What changes might be made, that is. I actually kind of like the battle sex thing, not perfect but makes it less boring, and I like that there's not a wall of text. I like text games, but walls of text throw me off in a bad way. Whatever changes are made, please no walls of text. This game has a perfect balance of text right now. I never feel overwhelmed by words... which sounds weird from someone who loves reading fairly long novels. But books and games are very different experiences, as they should be.

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
I'm a little concerned about the writing and combat thing. What changes might be made, that is. I actually kind of like the battle sex thing, not perfect but makes it less boring, and I like that there's not a wall of text. I like text games, but walls of text throw me off in a bad way. Whatever changes are made, please no walls of text. This game has a perfect balance of text right now. I never feel overwhelmed by words... which sounds weird from someone who loves reading fairly long novels. But books and games are very different experiences, as they should be.
The writing in DoL is very tight and I think it's a function of the game being...well, a game first and foremost, and not simply an interactive novel. Though there's absolutely nothing wrong with interactive novels and the like, it feels like DoL goes out of its way to be stupendously concise (as well as style and presentation-consistent!) with its writing where so many others are not, and it's something you might not really notice until you try other similar games and you start getting whacked with endless paragraphs of fluff. Less can be more, and DoL is able to pretty skilfully construct and prop up its world with very little.

Last edited:

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Though there's absolutely nothing wrong with interactive novels and the like
Oh yes, I agree completely. Nothing wrong with an interactive novel... but I treat interactive novels as... well, novels. Not games. They're choose your own adventure type books. Existed even before the internet. Though, I don't mind seeing them in game sections, as the way they're written is game-like... it would kind of be like putting Beanboozled in the game section. Jelly beans are not a game, but the presentation makes it acceptable to place it with the games.
Yes, this mean I don't generally see visual novels as games either, though it does matter just how many game elements are included. If it's just pictures and text, I treat it as a book. If there are also things like stats and things to manage, then it is a proper game. Because I'm actually doing something, not just turning a virtual page.
I feel like this is some kind of philosophical topic or something. What really is a game? :unsure:

Reactions: ViviX12

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Good news for those of us who use the BEESS for the game, after searching through redit, I found 2 heroes (MatchaCrepeCakes and u/AvinsX) who were given the task of redrawing the clothes and shoes and to some extent the body in events to match BEES.

I don't know if it's possible, but... just like a thread was made for the fire mod (and link on the first page) some mod can create one for BEES with the additions of MatchaCrepeCakes and u/AvinsX, since from what I understand, that mod is also very popular to play with DoL.

I attach the images of the post and link to the post where I found the files.

Mod with fox and angel edit:

Mod only with the clothes fixed:

Recent Minor Community Changes:

View attachment 4bnecxm6644b1.webp View attachment 7eez99zn3wta1.webp View attachment fvs4i9zn3wta1.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: anon1010 and 351079

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Good news for those of us who use the BEESS for the game, after searching through redit, I found 2 heroes (MatchaCrepeCakes and u/AvinsX) who were given the task of redrawing the clothes and shoes and to some extent the body in events to match BEES.

I don't know if it's possible, but... just like a thread was made for the fire mod (and link on the first page) some mod can create one for BEES with the additions of MatchaCrepeCakes and u/AvinsX, since from what I understand, that mod is also very popular to play with DoL.

I attach the images of the post and link to the post where I found the files.

Mod with fox and angel edit:

Mod only with the clothes fixed:

View attachment 2798637 View attachment 2798638 View attachment 2798639
BLESS!
We need a compiled version of this.

Reactions: srg91

RavenousRaven

Oct 17, 2018
Does anyone else play the game as a male MC with female love interests? It's a pretty cool experience ngl.

Kinda wish the NTR was more fleshed out though. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea so it should be optional (like a toggle or something) but it would be interesting to see Bailey corrupting Robin if she fails to pay the bills and/or they are in a relationship with the protagonist. Either a male Bailey himself, or a female Bailey sending her to wherever orphans are sent temporarily.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Does anyone else play the game as a male MC with female love interests? It's a pretty cool experience ngl.

Kinda wish the NTR was more fleshed out though. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea so it should be optional (like a toggle or something) but it would be interesting to see Bailey corrupting Robin if she fails to pay the bills and/or they are in a relationship with the protagonist. Either a male Bailey himself, or a female Bailey sending her to wherever orphans are sent temporarily.
Some scenarios I can think of:
  1. I'll find it funny if there are several orphans competing to get Avery's interest since they're a moneybags person = free money. :KEK:
  2. Or maybe Sh-tney taking you and Robin both away somewhere in school every time you both eat lunch together and make Robin or you watch Sh-tney screw Robin in front of you. :KEK:
  3. Bailey sending thugs to screw Robin in secret if you don't pay them bills and they don't tell you 'cause they feel bad for giving you problems. :KEK:
  4. Maybe Temple folk trying to forbid Sydney if the PC is lewd enough / impure and keep them with another temple initiate that also likes Sydney. :KEK:

johnnstokes99

Feb 17, 2020
So what is this top secret "strat" that let's you earn £2M in less than 8 months, while dealing with Bailey and playing the game?
Pretty sure it's just going super low purity (increases fluid production) and spamming the everliving shit out of the bakery.

As far as I can tell it is by far the most profit per hour, and it's essentially limitless.

Some of the activities that come close but are extremely limited in availability:
-Thieving on danube street when you hit the wine cellar or safe (extremely variable $/hr)
-Stealing gold bars from the docks (complete RNG and very bad chances, super super unreliable, but as much as 2k/hr if you open only one container at the gates and it has a bar)
-Danube street mansion party via charlie (once per week, base of ~670/hr if you accept the money, can steal during breaks for even more)
-Milking cows at the farm, but limited to effectively 1.5hr of work per day (at 288/hr with max tending and farm level)
-Modelling work with max exhibitionism (500/hr or more, once per week)
-Spa massages are available all the time, but the average rate is only 100/hr with maxed skills. The chance to get a horny customer is only 1/5, and even those only come out to about 500-550/hr

Growing from the farm is pretty decent money too, but throughput is limited by your business fame and the yields are incredibly variable (as much as 10x difference depending on RNG). It's too difficult to calculate a number for this. Takes very few clicks to cycle though... so could be a good option on the side?

Oh and at the complete opposite end of the spectrum, diving at the lake takes only one minute per dive... but the random events will eventually max out your stress (and then trauma), so there is a practical limit.

Still, the $/hr for that is almost unlimited? You could savescum diving and resurfacing to change the events and avoid all the stress? Millionaire on day one!

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 185 Votes