Aileh200

Nov 7, 2020
(First of all, I have to mention that I post this in another forum, where I ask before about secondary characters sprites.)

I'm bad at pixel art and mediocre drawing, but, I think about the main girlfriends sprites.
The hair and palette color should be customized, so, these I just drawn and colored just to give some idea.

My idea is that the girls could have a different face, body and eyes from the main character, in this case:
Robin: Thick eyebrows, wide eyes and round face.
Whitney: Sharp eyes and face.
Kylar: Small psycho pupils and a kinda square face.

Idk, I think that the game could improve with sprites for more characters, is just a sugestion to give, from my point of view, more life to the game, with more character with faces.

Also, I have to mention, if even secondary character sprites are put in the game in some point, details on the appareance could be a good detail. In this case, I draw robin with a decoloured uniform because make sense for me that is an old uniform, like from another orphan who grow up, and they just gift uniforms to younger orphans, Whitney has a messy uniform because she don't care about her appareance, and Kylar is really clean and tidy because she comes from a wealth familly. (I could be wrong, but I remember that being suggested in the game.)

No much to say... I just want to share this to push the idea about secondary characters sprites, and see if someone want to create sprites for the game or come with better designs....

View attachment 974022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like the concept and the drawing. The only problem are Whitney and Kylar's hair color (Whitney is blonde, at least her fringe is blonde, while Kylar has dark hair), but other than that everything is fine and it's really cute.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fangii and Yui2385

Yui2385

Apr 28, 2017
I like the concept and the drawing. The only problem are Whitney and Kylar's hair color (Whitney is blonde, at least her fringe is blonde, while Kylar has dark hair), but other than that everything is fine and it's really cute.
Thanks, I just colorized from a personal view, just to show a palette of colors, I know that they had different hair-skin color, that is why I include a transparent version without color of the image~ (in case someone wants to change colors).

Last edited:

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Yui2385 I like pixel art but that smooth version looks so cute! You made me want a game with that style now.

Makes me think: would it be possible to mod/replace the current pixel art in the game with those higher resolution sprites?

Reactions: Yui2385

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
Yui2385 I like pixel art but that smooth version looks so cute! You made me want a game with that style now.

Makes me think: would it be possible to mod/replace the current pixel art in the game with those higher resolution sprites?
Yes. You can mod whatever you want in the game the files are available on Vrelnir's github

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Reminds me of the old sprite mod that once existed many versions back. Kind of miss that mod since it made the character look way less chibi-like. Sadly, I will not be satisfied until someone makes a sprite mod that completely overhauls all the sprites, player preview, scene view, and adds an about-face button for player preview.

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
Reminds me of the old sprite mod that once existed many versions back. Kind of miss that mod since it made the character look way less chibi-like. Sadly, I will not be satisfied until someone makes a sprite mod that completely overhauls all the sprites, player preview, scene view, and adds an about-face button for player preview.
When I see the 'Not-so-premium' mod and how its developer is struggling updating it everytime the game updates, I think there won't be any mod like this that deeply modifies the sprites until the game is in its final form

Reactions: Hunscs7 and Fangii

Yui2385

Apr 28, 2017
When I see the 'Not-so-premium' mod and how its developer is struggling updating it everytime the game updates, I think there won't be any mod like this that deeply modifies the sprites until the game is in its final form
Maybe I was not that clear, but my idea is to propose the side character sprites to the devs, because if somone just create the sprites as a mod, I would really love that, but the game probably with an update will ruin the mod. If is implemented as a feature, the support would be constant.

Now, about the smooth sprites, is not that hard to do, is just that would take a lot of time, I can redraw everything if somone help just colorizing and put the shadows.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Loli Kylar? Kylar has been redeemed...
Kylar is now my new favorite, My ***** with Robin is now over

• Sad
Reactions: atur

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
The idea is cool and if Vrelnir decides to roll with it (although I have reason for doubt that they would even consider it due to them leaving other people up to interpretation + there was a whole folder somewhere of numerous people's personally drawn interpretations as well), I hope there'll be male counterpart designs as well. :oops:

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Nevart Wow, at this point you should just learn the game code and become a contributor like many already are! With those very detailed testing I think you would do great with finding bugs and improvements and help make the game even better ;)

As for the question of whether there's an NPC that is decidedly one gender or the other... I don't think so. It's too subjective and Vrelnir did an amazing job with the basic descriptions for the npcs and letting each person select how they perceive the characters.

I do have my own head-cannon; my Bailey is a ruthless woman who became a widow and "inherited" the orphanage, and now she leads a life of bitterness and decadence that doesn't bankrupt her only due to her business acumen and her willingness to go to any lengths to gain some money.

So as you can see, I hard disagree with you on Bailey and I can't for the life of me see her as male. Each individual will interpret the characters based on their own experiences and you can't really set in stone any of them.

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
Nevart
What I meant to say was: It would be really appreciated, if we could have both options at the same time. It probably won't make a difference, but it's the small things.
I have both options available at the same time, I'm not sure why you don't. Maybe on your cheat save some stats are missing or something ? Or maybe it's a bug.
EDIT:
Here is the code :
tF6Pr7H.png
We can see you need Skulduggery >= 100 & promiscuity >= 35, check if you have them and if yes then it's a bug

Also I think you're more likely to be acknowledged if you post this on the Discord, maybe not the whole text but a link to your post or something

Last edited:

Aileh200

Nov 7, 2020
I just drawn them as I remember they being describe, so, I make some corrections.

Descriptions from the Wiki:

Well, Robin has not appareance description at all, so, I just change her eyes, but a side from that, I think that this Whitney is more accurate with one eye cover.

View attachment 979138
Yay! All I need is my trap MC and I'm good to go! :love:

Yui2385

Apr 28, 2017
Yay! All I need is my trap MC and I'm good to go! :love:
Sorry, sorry, I delete the post to edit the one before, but while I edit the comment and delete the one after, you respond... the original coment now has the recolor. Thanks.

(First of all, I have to mention that I post this in another forum, where I ask before about secondary characters sprites.)

I'm bad at pixel art and mediocre drawing, but, I think about the main girlfriends sprites.
The hair and palette color should be customized, so, these I just drawn and colored just to give some idea.

My idea is that the girls could have a different face, body and eyes from the main character, in this case:
View attachment 979172

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

Idk, I think that the game could improve with sprites for more characters, is just a sugestion to give, from my point of view, more life to the game, with more character with faces.

Also, I have to mention, if even secondary character sprites are put in the game in some point, details on the appareance could be a good detail. In this case, I draw robin with a decoloured uniform because make sense for me that is an old uniform, like from another orphan who grow up, and they just gift uniforms to younger orphans, Whitney has a messy uniform because she don't care about her appareance, and Kylar is really clean and tidy because she comes from a wealth familly. (I could be wrong, but I remember that being suggested in the game.)

No much to say... I just want to share this to push the idea about secondary characters sprites, and see if someone want to create sprites for the game or come with better designs....

View attachment 974022

################################################
EDIT:

The first time that she appears, is describe as smaller than the MC but at the same age.

I just drawn them as I remember they being describe, so, I make some corrections.

Descriptions from the Wiki:

Well, Robin has not appareance description at all, so, I just change her eyes, but a side from that, I think that this Whitney is more accurate with one eye cover. So, here is an small correction for the sprites colored.

View attachment 979172
Will be looking forward to Loli Psycho's wedding event!!!
Can't wait to see those totally-sane-eyes

• Red Heart

Aileh200

Nov 7, 2020
  • A ''Dismissing Avery'' Quest.
Makes sense if you think about it. Avery is easily the most dangerous out of all love interests, - arguably even the most dangerous person in the game. If you like Avery; Good for you. But if you don't...

This doesn't really belong here, I know. It's like describing a whole questline, that might take hours to finish, by the way, as a ''small addition'', - which, in Averys case, might just happen. I'm sure Vrel has already something planned, but I still wanted to mention it.
I agree on that every love interest should have a dismissing event. I mean, Whitney, Kylar and Robin has one (I think you'd automatically dismiss Robin if you just ignore them when you finally find them getting flogged on the docks), but I could always avert Avery by docking on Saturdays.
Quality of Life Addition/Change
Another take on that idea: Have ''Moan'' temporarily unlock for consensual and/or lovers sex only. - Even if your MC is the defiant type. Same in reverse. The requirement would be that you have to have maxed either one or the other ''personality type''. Best of both world.
I would like moan unlock on consensual sex, but I would still want the fake moan for rape to trick rapists.
And last, but not least... a question for all of you.
Are there NPCs (either love interests or people of interest, doesn't matter) that you definitely consider to be one gender or the other(s), because of the way they talk or act?

Bailey would have to be a male from my perspective, for example. His sheer dominance in the orphanage and the ease with which he disposes of intruders is astounding, to be honest. You would think a woman would have more trouble. I could write quite a bit more about him, but I am just gonna leave it at that for now. The post is already long enough.

Robin: Female
Whitney: Male
Kylar: Either way, but I like female Kylar more.
Avery: Male
Eden: Either way, no preference yet.
Leighton: Male
Mason: Either way.
Alex: Either way.
Darryl: Female
Sirris: Female
Winter: Male

Just to name a few, without having to go in depth about them. - Maybe another time.

Like last time, let me know what you think. I am thankful for every response I get.[/SPOILER]
Bailey, for me, I often play her as female because I see her as a mother figure to me, despite being abusive. It's kind of wholesome and funny for me to see how Bailey just plainly lets us off for not paying after a few snuggles and kisses with them. Even save us from those kidnappers though they only care about money and allowed us to have an orphanage pond which cost 6000, though I speculate that 2000 is for the actual construction of the pond, and 4000 for my unpaid dues because they said that it costs 2000 for one, then said 6000. I have some kind of Stockholm syndrome for them tbh. I even made a fan art of her I posted 1 month ago on the DoL subreddit.

For me, I imagine Robin as a guy (though sometimes I could imagine them as female) because Robin's personality and looks has beta male or even a trap potential, he even looked completely like a girl when I forced crossdress him as a witch, which they find embarrassing either gender, but it makes more sense to me if he's a guy because the society don't really see female crossdressing as humiliating as they do with male crossdressing. For me, I have Whitney as female because she has femdom potential, that scene on the toilets, and I can sometimes imagine her saying "it's Whitney, bitch" and it definitely rings a bell. On Jordan, I imagine him as a guy because he's a priest. On other named npcs, I just base on how masculine or feminine their name sounds to me .
NevartAs for the question of whether there's an NPC that is decidedly one gender or the other... I don't think so. It's too subjective and Vrelnir did an amazing job with the basic descriptions for the npcs and letting each person select how they perceive the characters.
Well, there's even a nonbinary npc named Mickey, and I kinda miss them after that police infiltration event. :(

Last edited:

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
This game is the only game I know of where I can project as hard as I do.

And by project, I mean being top tier bottom bitch, I'm the ONLY bottom in this fucking town, and it both is and isn't a proud factor- :oops:

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes