closetclopper

Dec 23, 2018
I really like all the additions to the asylum over the past few patches - it's my favorite of the 'soft bad ends' at the moment. Idea for future related content: in the current game, if you don't escape the asylum and are released, you build up a buffer of innocence that functions as negative awareness. My problems here are that 1) this doesn't really make a noticeable difference to sex scenes - it'd be nice if there were at least a few alternate scenes of people taking advantage of our character's drug-and-brainwashing induced naivete - and 2) you lose the 'innocence' buffer way too quickly. Maybe there could be a trait - earned by repeated trips to the asylum, perhaps? - that gave a fairly significant daily awareness decrease, so that unless you're constantly being, ahem, educated on the subject, it's possible to keep the results of the asylum's treatment long enough to see any of the aforementioned hypothetical scenes.

Reactions: atur

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah it really is funny to know my superhoe character is somehow embarassed because it's their first time handholding...

• Haha

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Yeah it really is funny to know my superhoe character is somehow embarassed because it's their first time handholding...
I mean. Tentacle monsters and pigs and whatnots are one thing; that is a whole another level of appalling depravity! :eek:

Fangii

Aug 19, 2019
Please remove the FAQ from the main post. It's deprecated since 0.2.12, we're on 0.2.21. I stopped updating it ages ago, and I've been trying to remove it to not mislead people. It's gone from the wiki and useful links entirely, got Vrel to remove the links to it too.

It's also doing this weird 404 error recently, not sure what happened seeing as it was private/unlisted. Still weird to see it taken down though, the three other pastes on there are completely fine. Luckily I had it backed up.

That said, in case anyone does want to tackle updating it from 0.2.12 to 0.2.21 at any point - I've seen a lot of good walkthroughs/FAQs on this site, so I trust you guys - you're free to do so, and I've attached it below. But I'd recommend just stick to the wiki instead for convenience.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Yeah, quite a departure from what was originally claimed to be a post-rape trauma management simulator.

To be honest, with the latest updates I am starting to lose my interest in DoL. Still no clear direction as where the game is heading story-wise, just new minor elements added that contribute very little. Mushroom and forest fruit picking? Giant bees and honey? What for? And what's next? Hairdressing course with additional 'Combing' skill added and a couple of associated trophies? Marlin fishing every Sunday with the Old Man or Woman or Futa?

This is slowly becoming Farmville or Cooking Mama with optional sex scenes, I am sorry to say that.

• Haha

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah, quite a departure from what was originally claimed to be a post-rape trauma management simulator.

To be honest, with the latest updates I am starting to lose my interest in DoL. Still no clear direction as where the game is heading story-wise, just new minor elements added that contribute very little. Mushroom and forest fruit picking? Giant bees and honey? What for? And what's next? Hairdressing course with additional 'Combing' skill added and a couple of associated trophies? Marlin fishing every Sunday with the Old Man or Woman or Futa?

This is slowly becoming Farmville or Cooking Mama with optional sex scenes, I am sorry to say that.
It'll be full of QoLs probably, from combing to tending kids in the orphanage to setting up our own farm to buying our own house etc etc etc

Vrelnir

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
While not my favorite thing (insects not necessarily my thing lol), it would add quite a lot to the game if there was a plot of her kidnapped into the hive by the bees, in order to be the queen bee. In the nature, the queen bee is basicly decided by them, and then protected when matures. Funnily enough, the protection thing works somewhat similar to what the wolves chain currently has.

You may only want to apply that when pregnancy system is applied (depending of course if you like the idea and how you want to apply it), but still I think it would fit the gameplay, and while there are some differences, the similarity of protection to the wolves maybe would save some work.

Anyway just my 2 cents of course, just my personal opinion. Oh, and thanks for the update :)
No problem! Thanks for your thoughts. A bee hive kidnapping and associated transformation weren't planned, but I agree they would fit. They're on the maybe pile.
I really like all the additions to the asylum over the past few patches - it's my favorite of the 'soft bad ends' at the moment. Idea for future related content: in the current game, if you don't escape the asylum and are released, you build up a buffer of innocence that functions as negative awareness. My problems here are that 1) this doesn't really make a noticeable difference to sex scenes - it'd be nice if there were at least a few alternate scenes of people taking advantage of our character's drug-and-brainwashing induced naivete - and 2) you lose the 'innocence' buffer way too quickly. Maybe there could be a trait - earned by repeated trips to the asylum, perhaps? - that gave a fairly significant daily awareness decrease, so that unless you're constantly being, ahem, educated on the subject, it's possible to keep the results of the asylum's treatment long enough to see any of the aforementioned hypothetical scenes.
Thanks for the ideas. Low awareness causes minor changes to some of the PC's speech, but I agree a lot more could be done. Some NPCs should recognise and take advantage of the PC in that state.

I like the thought of increased innocence after multiple asylum visits. I might add more ways to stay innocent, but I'd want understanding to remain a real threat for such characters.

Now would be a bad time to talk about the upcoming fishing system!

I'm sorry you feel that way, though I'm happy with the content this update. Avery's third date, and especially skulduggery at the docks, have been on the to-do list for a long time. I don't want to rush the story without first fleshing out the related parts of the game world.

Lifesim elements have been important from the start. Going to school and such. There needs to be normalcy to contrast the violence, or things get too grimdark. That said, I agree trauma has been neglected lately. It's a core part of the game's identity, and will remain so. High trauma should interfere more often with day to day life.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope you like the game's direction more in the future.

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
If so, i'd suggest that it takes into account transformations and/or status. For example:

- cat transformation would mean being unable to hold back from nibbling on one raw
- dog transformation or wolf pack member/leader would have the PC intent on sharing the caught fish with other orphans or the wolf pack itself
- angel would insist on donating a portion to the temple or the poor or get morale and purity penalty
- fallen angel, succubus, incubus would deign the act of fishing beneath them and thus get a morale penalty or something + the option to tamper with it and sell it off for recovery + naughty points
- cow transformation would make one at peace while fishing, since they're used to sitting around and grazing

Reactions: KekKoo

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
I guess I walked into that one.

Thank you for your reply, Vrelnir, I really appreciate it.

Please don't take it the wrong way, but I get a feeling that this game has been meandering quite a lot recently, where more Czechow's guns are being hung on walls (at fans' requests?) than actually ever fire. I get that small, life-like details compliment the whole and help create illusion of realism, but at the moment I am simply having trouble seeing the Forest for the trees. :)

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
I believe the game got to a point where a lot of people are playing it even more for the life sim aspects than for the lewd. And i can get that. Not gonna lie, i just love dressing up my PCs, doesn't even have to be lewd clothes. Many like to just role play with their favorite love interest. And many probably like the challenge of living a "normal" life and staying pure in such a lewd world. To those players, more life sim aspects are aways a bonus, and i completelly understand why.

That all being said... i do hope we eventually get to a more lewd-focus update. Don't get me wrong, even every life sim aspect brings with it a couple scenes, and those are great! But i think it would be nice to get something that isn't locked behind a curtain of normalcy. Like the exhibitionist event where you run down the map naked, i would love to get something like that again. That said, this is Vrel's game, and it's their choice what to focus on. And minor complains aside, i have been following this game for a couple years now and loving it since day 1.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Thanks for the ideas. Low awareness causes minor changes to some of the PC's speech, but I agree a lot more could be done. Some NPCs should recognise and take advantage of the PC in that state.

I like the thought of increased innocence after multiple asylum visits. I might add more ways to stay innocent, but I'd want understanding to remain a real threat for such characters.
Something about this made me imagine a scenario where based on your innocence, in the case that NPCs can recognize these sorts of things about you, rather than be rough, they try to "deceive" you into doing things.

As far as the recent comments go, a lot of this game's appeal for me actually WERE the life sim elements if I'm honest, so I'm PLENTY here for all these other sidely things. If the game was just dark dark dark, and there wasn't SOME amount of life-y substances to it (and I imagine things like the relationships with the NPC wouldn't be a thing and their own storylines and such wouldn't exist), I think then I'd be a lot less interested.

My only personal gripe is that I tend to lean more towards "Vanilla" type stuff, so more often than not, a lot of fetishes and stuff are disabled, but with stuff I don't have IMMEDIATE problems with (at the VERY least in text), I carefully cherrypick stuff out of my own preferences for the sake of making sure there's still more to do with my game.

Jackobie

Jun 20, 2018
So I made a little modification that lets you have cheats/softmode enabled without disabling feats since this game is so grindy and I got tired of dealin' with it, hence my previous post being an edited save file. Figured I'd get right to the source, and I get that it defeats the purpose or whatever but suck it, some of these things are ridiculous and as much as I like the game there's a lot of meandering I wanna skip without being punished for it. The game suffers greatly from this kind of drawn out flag searching in my opinion. Anyway;

Essentially all I did was delete a few bits of code that would detect if your save file had CheatDisable to false or SoftMode/debug active, as well as the paragraph in the Feats page telling you how if you use cheats you'll lock yourself from gaining them because it's kinda irrelevant now. It's nothing impressive but I figured I might as well share it cos fuck it, right? The game will still give you a warning at the start asking you if you want to enable these or not, mostly for personal confirmation since you will be able to unlock feats regardless.

I didn't do any amount of extensive testing but I played for 3 in-game days and unlocked several feats, including midnight ones, school ones, and romance ones which means all the "cheat" checks were bypassed that entire timespan. If something comes up like the game crashing or something breaking, and nothing should since the changes were very minor, let me know and I'll see what I can do but I'm not a coder and I'm very lazy. No promises. That said I've been playing like this on my actual save for around 60 days and all is well.

Finally, most likely next time the game updates if you are using Cheats/SoftMode this'll mess something up since the html for the new update won't have this change in it but if I can remember to I'll probably do this for that version. Shouldn't be a problem though, you can turn off cheats before you update and the game will never know the difference because it can't retroactively check if you did or not use them just if cheatdisable/debug/softmode is active at the time of a check.

Edit: Link removed while I do more testing cos I'm dumb. :L
Edit 2: Totally dropped this now, I've got work again and I'm rarely able to do anything.
I'll try to do something about it at some point but I'm sorry for anyone who got excited about it :<

Jesus fucking Christ that was longwinded.
do you have any notes or advice that someone(like me) could use themselves to try and get something like this working themselves?

Jan 30, 2019
Hello there so i'm new here and here are my suggestions (because i know everything ) .
If something that i'm mentioned in here is already in the game than i will like to be excused for my mistake.
so:
1 some kind of lewd piercing ( vagina penis nipples tongue + the transformations)
2 about that masturbation in the class room can we get it in town in the alley for example
3 about the animals and so on,how about the PC can buy or adopt or kidnap some of them and train and just for fun ( that includes parasites tentacles OBAMA and so on)
4 maybe Slums
5 some interactions between PC and some character that doesnt end inbeing a punching bag or Yandere. So basicly S&M stuff when you are the S or the M with some npc char or just npc
6 build a wallllllllll
7 about the fishing you can get attacked while doing it or fish with ur D idn
8 more shops or another town in the future ( cause im still waiting on that fat a*s to complete that Song and Fire sh*t)
9 more interactions with the police dillers and so on
10 that insect part maybe some more of it
11 i was going to suggest a new safe house but you are already working on it
12 Thanks for the content
13 Well i guess thats for now

Keep it up with the good work!!!!!!

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
What is the most effective way to deal with damaged clothes ? I can't quite wrap my head around the two systems in place : the box and the chip.

As I understand the chip, it replaces clothes once they're destroyed if you got enough money to buy them again. Fair enough, except that "frayed" clothes get ignored by the "outfit" system which automatically equips clothes. Therefore, "frayed" clothes stay in my wardrobe for ever, unless I manually equip them, to bring them to the tailor and have them repaired one by one ?

As I understand the box, it takes everything in the wardrobe and then... I don't know? Why would it also take clothes that aren't damaged ? How long do I have to wait before I get them back ? How much will this cost me ? Instructions are sketchy at best.

All in all, I would prefer a single repair button on the wardrobe tied to a sewing skill learned at school maybe, or clothes repairing automatically over time, or just get rid of the clothing damage system altogether. Clothes could be torn during battle and what not, but would then be restored to pre-battle state after.

As it stands, the clothing system seems way too micro-heavy for my tastes. Please DO change my mind.

4.50 star(s) 187 Votes