Back

Aug 3, 2017
Sure, many players were disappointed with several of the endings, and that's true enough, but they worked. It's also fair to say that the dev did the best he could given the circumstances (despite some people thinking that things were rushed towards the end -- there were a lot of variables and many things to tie up). After all, for a time there we weren't even sure that the game would get completed as the dev was ready to throw in the towel due the stresses of heavy moments in his personal life culminating with losses to his family. Frankly, it's amazing that the dev didn't take an extended hiatus even though he realized he probably should have. Not only did he finish wrapping up this game for our enjoyment and also getting it on Steam, but he became motivated enough to begin a new project. He delivered a solid, completed game, but also managed to pick himself up to continue as a game developer. Regardless of what you think of the game, we should all applaud his drive and wish him all the best and continued success. Be well everyone. Cheers!

Requiem131

May 19, 2021
I do think that the whole last arc, after crossing the door, could have been developed more and given more content as it had a very good twist and place to start something new. And that probably was the original idea but, like many others (sidequests for example, introduced at the beginning and yet barely used) it got cut due to time and work constraints. If things were so hard as Back just said, then all the more. Given all those things, I do believe the game does rush in the end and yet manages to deliver rather decently. Scenes go down to the core of those moments but do take the time to develop those core moments and so, I do think it is a decent ending at least the two I've seen.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I wonder if 1Thousand will do what many are doing with their games and stick within the same story universe, even if the characters might not be directly related?
Let's hope not, fingers crossed he'll skip the supernatural nonsense so one could acctually enjoy the story for the next one :)

• Angry
Reactions: Randeep44
Apr 9, 2021
Hi, any way of getting rid of the quick menu?
---
Greetings to you too, my dear F95zone user... I just found OUT now the correct methodology to do what you asked for. Please check out the spoiler section or download the exact file I will link in THIS post and replace the original with IT (details below) ↓
---
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
---
I also found how to disable that annoying little dot (someone called it "blinking stuff" (him/her → wiwem71072), INSTEAD the official title/name of the """thing""" is adv_ctc [it's important, remember that... at least for your own personal culture or MAYBE other games might name the image the same way :ROFLMAO:]) that flashes and appears annoyingly at the end of when someone other than the main character speaks, YAY me!

And in the following I will list how to achieve the result and have a very clean screen as much as possible (I will attach a screenshot of the result to highlight the work), enjoy. As previously... please check out the spoiler section or download the exact file I will link in THIS post and replace the original with IT (details below)↓
---
---
Please NOTE: If you are interested in THOSE fonts (in the picture) ask DIRECTLY to Sancho1969 for the ones of the DIALOGUE TEXT and CHARACTERS NAME!

1° EDIT : In addition to what I wrote in the message I have also implemented OTHER two mods that I will quote HERE for completeness → Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.3 & . I can assure YOU that they do not conflict with each other and can be applied. The second one ↑ especially since the other changes to the code (mines) have made the custom QUICK MENU disappear. I haven't found major damages or big problems to get the game unplayable (with my modifications) but if you find any please give me a holler as I'm an amateur and I do THIS in my spare time, have a nice day ahead of you!

2° EDIT : Having NOT tested properly in depth, errors can HAPPEN. In completely deleting the QUICK MENU I made a mistake in commenting THIS section below.. You must uncomment THOSE lines, otherwise the "settings screen" crashes both from the main menu and from the load & save one. I apologize for the small inconvenience. I have also updated the FILE (screenADV.rpy) ↓
3° EDIT part 1 : In advance, I know, it should be something like this: "The coding/reading/modifying job should be cleaned up so that you don't have to go back to it several times" but I am a neophyte still. Fast-forward to the juicest part: It's not a major error but since I care about making things accurately right I will mention what I found that further malfunctioned → In the SETTINGS menu the TEXT SPEED and AUTO FORWARD PAUSE (but in actual fact called: "AUTO-FORWARD TIME") sliders do not work at the moment (NOT even my fault to begin WITH I discovered SADLY)... But I am currently figuring it out and as soon as I have the solution I will re-update the post, cheers!

3° EDIT part 2 : I've changed my previous edit and now I'll tell you how to fix the problem... I think the developer really intended that there were no sliders but really... there are the entries (it's really nerve-wracking that the possibility has not been granted to us). To eliminate the issue: All you need to do is to go to the Deliverance\game\gui_scripts folder, open the file screenSettings.rpy with your favorite text manager (E.g: Cudatext) and UNCOMMENT the lines I will insert in another spoiler in the code section (don't worry if in case a particular line is already uncommented, we need all those indicated. They must necessarily be read by the compiler/game) ↓
---

image_2022-05-10_13-16-50.png

Now... I think we've reached the last part: I truly owe thanks to the fabulous users of F95Zone (one in particular, MissFortune) who replied to my post in the GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING section (regarding Deliverance) in which I asked for a workaround in order to modify (in the future I'll really consider if I should package all the CHANGINGS I've done HERE as an official MOD or just remain to write this kind of posts) the distance between the character's name "label" and the dialogue since it seemed to ME exaggeratedly large/big. Willing to keep myself on the generic side of the know-how I asked directly how I could edit what I needed directly from a file and a magnificent response promptly arrived (in the spoiler) ↓
In consideration of what has been written, I pretty much completed the mission BUT about the shift on the axes despite fairly thorough research and modifications in the renpyDefault.rpy file (adding or removing the values according to the explanatory descriptions that are there by default as comment lines) IT doesn't seem to compute those changes to move the text display MUCH closer to the character's name label.

1652206653937.png

Regarding the color change instead for the various characters present in the game... it was much easier than expected! I simply had to open the script.rpy file and add, I will provide an example here, the """constant color entry""" with the HEX value for the choiced color (N.B: with a comma if added at the end of other constants) , color="#643296" inside the round brackets (to have a better understanding of the operation I'm attaching a screenshot below ↓)

1652197687163.png

I don't mean to forget anything, but since I don't have too much time right now to explain the other small adjustments.... I will leave the post like that until further notice!
↓ P.S ↓

---
I would recommend using the software for WINDOWS → Everything (DOWNLOAD from here: ) to quickly and conveniently replace the strings that I have kindly included here.Thanks to its advanced search, you can easily limit the search to the folder of the game in question and find the text inside the files that you prefer and that you need to replace. Same thing for LINUX users but with FSearch (DOWNLOAD from here: )

If I MAY, instead of Notepad++ (DOWNLOAD from here: ) or Atom (DOWNLOAD from here: ) I would suggest to install (for both LINUX and WINDOWS) CudaText (DOWNLOAD from here: ) so that in the file you open with a simple press of ALT + MOUSE cursors (depends how much lines you want to select, VIDEO of the EXPLANATION here [TIMESTAMP = 8:05] → ) you can select multiple lines and edit them all together, a really incredibly useful function!
---

Deliverance_u9ee1YE6i8.png

Last edited:

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Is there a difference between this version and the Steam version? I don't mind supporting the developer by getting the game on Steam but just wondering if there is any incentives. Like extra renders etc?

4.30 star(s) 181 Votes