ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
IIRC that was in the roadmap. Tarkov has one so I'm pretty sure this game will have it as well. Gonna be a hell of a time when you shoot them in the cock and you can't get raped or shoot their eyes out so they can't shoot accurately and either start shooting randomly or crawl on the ground in pain
I'm pretty sure getting shot in the eyes also involves getting the brain perforated

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
Imagine they added a fucking limb system and you just get (Head, Eyes)
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but currently you can shoot them in the legs/arms and it sometimes immobilizes them. If you get a decent shot in their leg they fall and bleed out even, all the while complaining about their leg. The arms are similar, but they don't fall down. Haven't determined if a good arm shot prevents further use of their weapon yet tho. If they don't fall to the ground then they will run away and complain about the arm/leg injury. Sometimes it gets worse over time and their dialogue reflects that so you can tell where they are and sometimes you can tell that they are likely going to die from the injury without further damage so you can pay attention to other mercs. Even the corp mercs suffer from this, tho it takes more or better placed shots.
Its actually kinda funny just aiming for the legs and watching what happens. I was surprised at one merc who I shot once in the leg and he fell and died in a matter of maybe 15 seconds. He fell to the ground and complained about his leg, then he couldn't breathe, then he died. All from one leg shot.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Technically, Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 did it first. With the option to shoot targets in eyes or groin.

Or bulletstorm.

SuddenDeath

Jul 4, 2018
Whatever the cyber abilities are supposed to do they ain't doing it for me.
All the scan thing did was make the screen red for like 5 seconds any time I tried using it. And yes I did try with enemies nearby, it made one marginally more visible in the fog.
The zappy hand meanwhile, the only times it worked was when I was checking if it works. Enemy nearby, refuses to fire.
So I end with non-functional gun and no batteries for whatever abilities there are, so quite softlocked.
What are the other ones supposed to be, no idea. The game doesn't really explain much in terms of how to use the abilities, unless it's somewhere in the tips which are rather badly implemented (I'd rather read a .txt with all of that than be looking at the tips cycling on top of the screen while playing).
No idea what you're supposed to do when a dude decides to run up to you and take all your shit, or if anything can be done.
Guess I'll try having another go and see if that goes elsewhere.

In terms of loot, I only ever found shit loot and sometimes decent ammo. Kinda expected there to be more loot around. I did avoid the emission zones again because I have no idea how prepared should I be for that.
You wrote a lot so I cut it down to the parts that I'm going to reply to. The scan thing isn't great, I agree. Sometimes helps catch a glimpse of enemies through bushes, or track a blood trail but not great. The zappy hand knocks them unconscious if you're close enough, the clock one slows down time, and the top one is like a one directional invisibility. They'll still shoot you if they saw you before going invisible so it's not always that great.

You can pop painkillers and a stamina stim to counter the stun, or try to shoot them or use the zappy hand when they get close. Actually don't know if the zappy hand works in that situation because I only just thought of it. If you manage to kill him the scene is canceled.

The emission zone in the outskirts just has like some raiders/scavs at both ends of the valley, and 3 corpos or so in the middle, also a bunker with decent loot. Lots of tentacles though. You can actually slowly jump down into it or ride the hoverbike past the actual "emissions" quickly. The one in the swamp is harder because the "emissions" cover most of it and make hard to see, on top of all the tentacles. Also has less loot.

Reactions: ViviX12

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
sadly, it doesn't work. you'd say it could be a GPU problem?
Possibly, or GPU driver related.
You can try test without any crack (delete or rename the crack dll and play in SFW mode) and see if you get the same error.

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
Why are you running an ancient game build?

We haven't started the game in that underground zone since like Version 9.
They are on v14 as you can see in the bottom right. It probably crashed when they got there, which if it took that long to crash, I would place my money on a driver issue or GPU problem.

EvilReFlex

Nov 27, 2018
Hard to believe this is Unreal Engine, it plays like a Unity Engine game. :KEK:

I really love the idea of the game and I know its a very very early version... but it plays very bad.

Doomdooom

Mar 1, 2018
anybody know if theres a scene with the weird floaty dudes that appear after you use bunch of cyber abilities?

there a psycho bar or whatever that pops up and once full they seem to be almost physical, had one reach out like it was gonna grab the character but they just disappear after.

Little Noob

Oct 14, 2022
Hard to believe this is Unreal Engine, it plays like a Unity Engine game. :KEK:

I really love the idea of the game and I know its a very very early version... but it plays very bad.
I like the game, and for me it runs very smooth on max settings... got good cpu but midcore gpu - and no issues under windows 10.

Im hoping for more content :-D

ElsaEraser

Sep 9, 2018
Now that I have a couple of hours in, I'm warming up to the difficulty. When raiders and corpos stop cooperating I think the game will be much less frustrating.

Reactions: ViviX12

RiKxDragneeL

Jun 14, 2021
Having a error on linux. UE5 low level fatal error missing directx12..................
I am using vkd3d though. ANy help is appreciated!

ThatGuy82

Jan 20, 2021
Another gripe with new devs, actually. A lot of new devs that use Unity don't know how to set the launch parameters properly. It'll launch to "monitor 1" and ignore the system primary monitor. That, and they don't change the application name or icon, and they ship the files that are labeled "DO NOT SHIP." :ROFLMAO:

Worth noting: DEVOLUTION isn't exactly new. They really seem to know what they are doing, and they did a good job with the design docs for laying out what needs done and when/how. They also released a standalone little game that is meant to be a tech demo showcasing that they know how to make solid gunplay and character controls. I'd wager the issues of performance are tied to a couple things: 1: they just updated to the new Unreal engine, and are testing out the new features that it offers with minimal customization for implementation in this title specifically. 2: They are busy making game mechanics and levels, so taking the time to change how graphics are handled in every graphics setting option isn't a high priority rn.

mrwolf14

Dec 24, 2017
no joke i have never played a game like tarkov so in my stupidity i choosed max dificulty but after like 1 hour of frustrating gameplay and learning how to craft the weapon , upgrade it and types of ammo im pretty much set right now , it would be nice some kind of citiy friendly area or maybe the posibility of being part of a team so this way i could enjoy some H content without loss maybe even some prostitution idk ...

thb im pretty excited where this proyect is going keep it up (y)

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes