Oct 9, 2021
So, I have another problem, maybe yall can help me out, with. I have a problem, where Unreal games constantly crash, with fatal errors, both UE4, and UE5 games do this.
It only happens, on my windows 10 machine. I have a Windows 7 machine, that does not have these problems.
I can put my graphics card in the Win 7 machine, and no problems.
I can put my Win 7 graphics card, in my Win 10 machine, same problem, I can put my sister's graphics card, in my Win 10 machine, same problem.
The Windows 10 machine, is a new build...
Is there a particular Nvidia driver that is stable, with UE games?
I am quite frustrated, with this problem, google has been no help, at all. If yall can help me with solving this problem, that would be absolutely awesome!
Not certain but maybe your issue list might be RAM stick issue, corrupted Windows, hard-disk corrupted and some others.
Maybe you can try replacing parts (one-by-one) of the computer to see which one helps and if still the same, re-install windows.

on another note, did you enable XMP or resizeable bar? those RAM features...
you might also want to try task manager and see the loads on resources when starting up the game

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
I can put my Win 7 graphics card, in my Win 10 machine, same problem, I can put my sister's graphics card, in my Win 10 machine, same problem.
As already mentioned by Nutting The Rueful, this more sounds like a hardware issue (besides your GPU as you confirmed it's fine) than an operating system issue, especially if a reinstall of Windows has the issue remain.

If you have an AMD CPU, make sure to update your motherboard BIOS to the latest because numerous AMD stability issues have been fixed over the years through BIOS updates and help stability, especially with RAM.
Otherwise, if you have updated your BIOS, I would be most suspect of your RAM and/or its compatibility with your system as AMD systems are way pickier with RAM than Intel systems, even on their latest platforms. If you are on Intel however, still update your BIOS as fixes and stability issues have been resolved for Intel too.

If your system has XMP/DOCP enabled (which it should to get the most performance), you could try temporarily disabling it in your BIOS and see if your crashes go away. If your crashes do go away, then you at least know that your issue is related to RAM stability, and you can work on figuring out a solution for your RAM stability. If they remain, then the last thing I guess it could be is your drive that has your games on it.

Regarding Nvidia drivers, they should all be stable for all UE games, and the later typically the better, so you get game-ready drivers for newer games. Sometimes a driver does get released that does cause problems, but it would be a widespread issue and typically talked about a lot online and in news articles, and tech YouTubers would mention it in a video (such as recently an Nvidia driver caused random 10% CPU usage, but it was picked up by a bunch of news outlets and some Youtubers talked about it. Nvidia however swiftly released a hotfix driver to fix it)

Metaldude_666

Mar 23, 2020
As already mentioned by Nutting The Rueful, this more sounds like a hardware issue (besides your GPU as you confirmed it's fine) than an operating system issue, especially if a reinstall of Windows has the issue remain.

If you have an AMD CPU, make sure to update your motherboard BIOS to the latest because numerous AMD stability issues have been fixed over the years through BIOS updates and help stability, especially with RAM.
Otherwise, if you have updated your BIOS, I would be most suspect of your RAM and/or its compatibility with your system as AMD systems are way pickier with RAM than Intel systems, even on their latest platforms. If you are on Intel however, still update your BIOS as fixes and stability issues have been resolved for Intel too.

If your system has XMP/DOCP enabled (which it should to get the most performance), you could try temporarily disabling it in your BIOS and see if your crashes go away. If your crashes do go away, then you at least know that your issue is related to RAM stability, and you can work on figuring out a solution for your RAM stability. If they remain, then the last thing I guess it could be is your drive that has your games on it.
Thanks to you, and Nutting The Rueful , for your advice, and suggestions. It got me thinking about something.
It seems that I may have had an "OOps, I fucked up" moment, when I built this PC.
I have a Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, and I have 3200 mhz ram, in my machine, I checked to make sure that the ram was compatible with the motherboard, and I checked, to ensure that it was compatible with the CPU I want, in this machine, the Ryzen 9 5950X.
But I never checked to see, if 3200 mhz ram was compatible with the 2700X.
2933 mhz ram is, apparently, the fastest ram the 2700X can use.
The local computer shop owner told me that it should be no problem, that the ram should downclock, to work with the max speed of the CPU/mobo, but, I suspect that that may not be the case.
It seems that Ill likely just have to deal with this problem, until I can upgrade to the 5950X. I've always viewed the 2700X as a "placeholder processor", anyways, so extra motivation to upgrade, I guess.
Edit:
I've manually downclocked ram, to 2666 mhz, to see if that'll make a difference.
Might be too much of a drop, to be stable, hopefully, it works.
Edit#2:
It turns out, the problem had nothing to do with hardware issues, it turns out NZXT Cam, was causing ALL the issues.
Now I know that I need to shut it down, as soon as it sets my RGB, after startup.

Last edited:

Little Noob

Oct 14, 2022
So, I have another problem, maybe yall can help me out, with. I have a problem, where Unreal games constantly crash, with fatal errors, both UE4, and UE5 games do this.
It only happens, on my windows 10 machine. I have a Windows 7 machine, that does not have these problems.
The Windows 10 machine, is a new build...
Is there a particular Nvidia driver that is stable, with UE games?
I am quite frustrated, with this problem, google has been no help, at all. If yall can help me with solving this problem, that would be absolutely awesome!
I think you need to download the lastest Visual C++ Runteime lib.
But swapping graphic card, will mess with drivers - so if you got nVidia, download the latest version from nVidia.

The latest Runtime you find here:

Also, do windows update on your computer BEFORE installing latest nVidia driver - microsoft keep overwrite the nvidia drivers.

Metaldude_666

Mar 23, 2020
I think you need to download the lastest Visual C++ Runteime lib.
But swapping graphic card, will mess with drivers - so if you got nVidia, download the latest version from nVidia.

The latest Runtime you find here:

Also, do windows update on your computer BEFORE installing latest nVidia driver - microsoft keep overwrite the nvidia drivers.
I've got all of that stuff updated, it turns out, it was the NZXT cam software, causing me all sorts of problems.

Nov 3, 2021
How do I save the game? I can get to the "safe zone" fine, but can't figure out how to actually exfiltrate
The game is saved after every raid. Exfil point on the outskirts map is fixed and I believe it's marked on your map. The industrial zone map has two exfils which are at the same time your spawn points, just go to the opposite side of the map from where you spawned in

3m2x908x3m

Jan 24, 2022
First coomer game that is really fun to play. I love the gameplay depth, and the cyberware stuff is more fun to use than in Cyberpunk 2077.
My only nitpick is that there's only one gun. I think having limited gun modding, but with a wider variety of weapons would be more interesting.

Reactions: Rata2110

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
First coomer game that is really fun to play. I love the gameplay depth, and the cyberware stuff is more fun to use than in Cyberpunk 2077.
My only nitpick is that there's only one gun. I think having limited gun modding, but with a wider variety of weapons would be more interesting.
you can use two weapons, you need to mod the second from scratch

3m2x908x3m

Jan 24, 2022
you can use two weapons, you need to mod the second from scratch
My issue is that when you want a sniper rifle then you need to assemble it yourself. Not only it's kind of lame, because it's based on the same base "rifle" core, meaning it has the same animations etc as any other rifle, but it also is not very convenient and is unimmersive. Once this concept will be expanded, pistols, energy weapon parts added, then it will be even worse, since you'll have more parts clutter your customization menu. There are other issues with this like not being able to pick up guns from enemies.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes