timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
This game caused my pc to restart 2 times and caused BSOD once. I'm staying away from it until this issue is confirmed fixed.
My specs, ryzen 3500x, GTX 1660s, 16 gb ram, windows 10.
Game runs around 30 fps in max settings. Rarely, especially the open hilly map with hoverbikes, for no apparent reason fps comes down to about 0 then go back to the previous 30.

Case 1: On the hills map I reached the other side, inside the city the after two corpo soldiers showed up and began fighting me my PC restarted.

Case 2: Same shit after I was wandering inside one of the buildings on the hills after clearing the area. Game auto close with a message "fatal error". I opened the resource monitor and the GPU had a temp 60C, nothing much, especially since the weather is very hot here. I tried reopening the game after a few seconds and the PC restarted.

Case 3: I wanted to check the pregnancy mechanics and went to the swamp map to get fucked by tentacles. Despite having cum in the womb the pregnancy chance stuck at 99% for a loooong time. After it reached 100% and eggs counter reached 15% my PC showed BSOD.

I would not touch this game for now. I didn't had this problem in v12. I'm having this problem for the first time and I player v8 and v12 previously.

Last edited:

malicardy

Feb 6, 2019
Fair warning:

This game caused my pc to restart 2 times and caused BSOD once. I'm staying away from it until this issue is confirmed fixed.
Game runs around 30 fps in max settings. Rarely, especially the open hilly map with hoverbikes, for no apparent reason fps comes down to about 0 then go back to the previous 30.

Case 1: On the hills map I reached the other side, inside the city the after two corpo soldiers showed up and began fighting me my PC restarted.

Case 2: Same shit after I was wandering inside one of the buildings on the hills after clearing the area. Game auto close with a message "fatal error". I opened the resource monitor and the GPU had a temp 60C, nothing much, especially since the weather is very hot here. I tried reopening the game after a few seconds and the PC restarted.

Case 3: I wanted to check the pregnancy mechanics and went to the swamp map to get fucked by tentacles. Despite having cum in the womb the pregnancy chance stuck at 99% for a loooong time. After it reached 100% and eggs counter reached 15% my PC showed BSOD.

I would not touch this game for now. I didn't had this problem in v12. I suspect the new crack is constantly fighting with the game, just my uneducated guess since I'm having this problem for the first time and I player v8 and v12 previously. I'm not fearmongering against the crack either, this game isn't worth bricking my PC over. The developer is more focused on making a DRM than making a better game IMO. I'm just very disappointed and afraid of this game now.
100% it's your computer and not this game.

tjw05

Dec 16, 2019
Fair warning:

I would not touch this game for now. I didn't had this problem in v12. I suspect the new crack is constantly fighting with the game, just my uneducated guess since I'm having this problem for the first time and I player v8 and v12 previously. I'm not fearmongering against the crack either, this game isn't worth bricking my PC over. The developer is more focused on making a DRM than making a better game IMO. I'm just very disappointed and afraid of this game now.
I'm running a 1660 super with ryzen 5 3600 on an ultrawide 1440p monitor and although chugs at 40 or so fps at low/medium ish settings I have had no issues with bsod or crashes. Something is up with your pc and with the restarts it sounds like a power supply issue maybe

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
The crack isn't fighting with the game. The game does 0 authentication checks or anything beyond the login button. Once you login, that is it, the crack is done.
This game essentially has 0 DRM beyond a single license file that is read when you click Login. It doesn't even have server authentication either.

The issue is your PC as malicardy said. If your PC BSODs and the game isn't using a driver (which it doesn't as there is no kernel anticheat), then it means either a hardware fault is causing the BSODs or you have corruption in Windows/other 3rd party driver problems.
Usermode software CANNOT directly cause a BSOD, it just isn't a thing as they aren't operating in kernel space. The only way they can is if they are interfacing with drivers which are poorly written and can cause the BSOD (which this game isn't doing). There is a couple other ways usermode software can cause a BSOD, but that requires force terminating critical system processes such as csrss.exe and wininit.exe as they are protected by PPL.

The reason why you only started experiencing this issue after v12, is likely because the game is now built on Unreal Engine 5, which will be utilising your hardware differently than Unreal Engine 4, and most likely putting way more and different stresses on your system.

Last edited:

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Fair warning:

I suspect the real issue here is that since the game is rather unoptimised (as it should be while in development), it's pushing your PC to the limit much more than other titles, therefore the issues in your system are showing only while playing it.
If you have an old overclock applied it may be time to lower the clocks.
Clean your PC as well. If you rule out hardware related stuff and still get issues like that then it may really be the game's fault, but I haven't experieced similar stuff even though I'm on an even weaker machine.

Reactions: timmy95

TJ888

Modder
Respected User
Dec 7, 2022
What are the cheat codes? Or where are they located?
In the options menu. Scroll down in the "Gameplay" tab and you will see a bunch of them. Also under the "Adult" tab, but a lot of them haven't worked for numerous versions of the game.

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
I suspect the real issue here is that since the game is rather unoptimised (as it should be while in development), it's pushing your PC to the limit much more than other titles, therefore the issues in your system are showing only while playing it.
If you have an old overclock applied it may be time to lower the clocks.
Clean your PC as well. If you rule out hardware related stuff and still get issues like that then it may really be the game's fault, but I haven't experieced similar stuff even though I'm on an even weaker machine.
I've recently cleaned my PC and no overclocking either. Might be a driver related stuff as someone else pointed out, I haven't updated in quite a bit. Will test again after updating all the drivers, when I have time.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
The crack isn't fighting with the game. The game does 0 authentication checks or anything beyond the login button. Once you login, that is it, the crack is done.
This game essentially has 0 DRM beyond a single license file that is read when you click Login. It doesn't even have server authentication either.

The issue is your PC as malicardy said. If your PC BSODs and the game isn't using a driver (which it doesn't as there is no kernel anticheat), then it means either a hardware fault is causing the BSODs or you have corruption in Windows/other 3rd party driver problems.
Usermode software CANNOT directly cause a BSOD, it just isn't a thing as they aren't operating in kernel space. The only way they can is if they are interfacing with drivers which are poorly written and can cause the BSOD (which this game isn't doing). There is a couple other ways usermode software can cause a BSOD, but that requires force terminating critical system processes such as csrss.exe and wininit.exe as they are protected by PPL.

The reason why you only started experiencing this issue after v12, is likely because the game is now built on Unreal Engine 5, which will be utilising your hardware differently than Unreal Engine 4, and most likely putting way more and different stresses on your system.
I think you are right, I haven't updated my drivers for a while. And the problem may be from the UE5 engine. Initially I suspected the crack because I once tried to run a cracked game which used denuvo and it produced similar kind of behaviour, it was later fixed though. Any idea what caused the "fatal error" notification? It was the only error message before the game closed, in the second case.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Fair warning:

This game caused my pc to restart 2 times and caused BSOD once.
It's easy to blame the game, but the blame rests with your computer.

What kind of cooler do you have? What fan is put on it? OEM? Or something that will actually cool your CPU? Is it next to a radiator? Does it have good enough ventilation? Have you set your BIOS yourself or is it still stock? Are you running stock cooler with a BIOS that may have "turbo" enabled? Are you overclocking? What PSU do you have? Good brand or noname? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CLEANED DUST out of your pc (many forget)?

BSOD issues are usually due to motherboard and RAM sticks. For how much they charge for them, RAM sticks are usually cheap pieces of shit. In all the decades of my gaming the only times I had BSOD was because of motherboard and especially faulty RAM. THESE ARE NOT 90'S ANYMORE and we're not using Windows 95 anymore, BSODs caused by OS are almost unheard of.

I had the same problem as you years ago with another game. Just bought a brand new computer and "that game caused" my PC to violently restart, overheat, etc.. Turned out the BIOS was set to turbo, the fan was some shitty stock fan that wouldn't cool my balls in the middle of Siberia and temps went over 82°C and even to 100. Fucked up my CPU with that cause it never ran right until I replaced it later.

When I learned about computers more I figured out the mobo was bad (Gigabyte brand), had to change it and the PSU was a cheap shit as well. It caused power surges and combined with the "turbo" mode caused overheating and power-surges which triggered mobo's anti-surge protection in form of restarting PC.

That said, I have been playing this game for the past 2 or 3 weeks, daily. I like the combat system to the point I actively avoid sex parts and like to experiment with maps. And in all this time I haven't had even a single crash, so it's not the problem with that game, it's rock solid in terms of that.

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
It's easy to blame the game, but the blame rests with your computer.
What kind of cooler...
I'm like 99% certain it isn't a overheating issue. In the second case the game crashed with "fatal error" message. Immidiately after I checked the windos resource monitor and the GPU was 60C, if it was higher like 80C it wouldn't drop in a second to 60C. When I launched the game several seconds later the PC restarted.

Case fans are one OEM that came with the case and i added another chinese nobrand fan. But the case has good ventilation so I don't think any more or better fans are needed. I have never seen my temps go over 80C.

I also cleaned my case of dust about 1 month ago.

PSU is cooler master and RAM is corsair vengeance. Motherboard is gigabyte. I dont think an of those are trash, maybe not very good but not trash. Don't know why you consider gigabyte motherboard trash, I've read and heard from a lot of people that gigabyte is at least decent.

I am this alarmed about this game because this is the only game that resulted in BSOD/restart for me, ever. I play fallout 4 , skyrim se, jurassic world evolution and many other games for hours and hours and very very rarely have a crash, like once a month after playing for 6-7 hours daily. I also played wild life at max setting which is a very resource demanding (i think) and sometime have crashes but never BSOD/restart. Wild life also uses unreal 5 engine, so there's that.

Most likely it was caused by old drivers, I haven't uploaded drivers for a while now, or corruption in the RAM or OS. Not overheating.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Don't know why you consider gigabyte motherboard trash, I've read and heard from a lot of people that gigabyte is at least decent.
I've had several of them and neither of them was anything to write home about to the point I'll never buy GB again. Otoh have been running Asrock for like 7 years now without a problem while keeping my CPU overclocked by like 30%. Rock-solid.

I am this alarmed about this game because this is the only game that resulted in BSOD/restart for me, ever. I play fallout 4 , skyrim se, jurassic world evolution and many other games for hours and hours and very very rarely have a crash, like once a month after playing for 6-7 hours daily.
Like you said, try drivers, it's the easiest answer (and a good thing to keep updated - I usually do a complete windows reinstall every 3 months to keep things fresh and that includes new drivers). I honestly find it suspicious that you DO get BSODs, because you shouldn't. Again, modern OS are damn good. Other than that, RAM sticks. I've been using G.Skill for a long time and even though they're a good brand I've had some sticks failing after a few years which caused my BSODs (they replaced them under warranty though).

One thing you could do is a stress test of the system, I forget what the program is called, but it's something with 95 in the name. xD Good thing to do is to also sometimes remove the RAM sticks from the slots and blow dust out of the slots, dunno if you do that when you clean the insides. Don't forget to make sure there is no charge in the electrical system before you do that (flip the swith on the PSU to OFF and then press the computer-start button several times, that will empty the charge from the circuitry). Sometimes that also causes B4 error code issues at startup.

Metaldude_666

Mar 23, 2020
I'm like 99% certain it isn't a overheating issue. In the second case the game crashed with "fatal error" message. Immidiately after I checked the windos resource monitor and the GPU was 60C, if it was higher like 80C it wouldn't drop in a second to 60C. When I launched the game several seconds later the PC restarted.

Case fans are one OEM that came with the case and i added another chinese nobrand fan. But the case has good ventilation so I don't think any more or better fans are needed. I have never seen my temps go over 80C.

I also cleaned my case of dust about 1 month ago.

PSU is cooler master and RAM is corsair vengeance. Motherboard is gigabyte. I dont think an of those are trash, maybe not very good but not trash. Don't know why you consider gigabyte motherboard trash, I've read and heard from a lot of people that gigabyte is at least decent.

I am this alarmed about this game because this is the only game that resulted in BSOD/restart for me, ever. I play fallout 4 , skyrim se, jurassic world evolution and many other games for hours and hours and very very rarely have a crash, like once a month after playing for 6-7 hours daily. I also played wild life at max setting which is a very resource demanding (i think) and sometime have crashes but never BSOD/restart. Wild life also uses unreal 5 engine, so there's that.

Most likely it was caused by old drivers, I haven't uploaded drivers for a while now, or corruption in the RAM or OS. Not overheating.
I'm not certain if this will apply to your situation, but, for me, the NZXT CAM software was causing all kinds of problems, for me. I would have endless "fatal error" issues with ALL unreal engine games, to be able to play them, I would have to completely shut down the CAM software, then I could play UE games, without any problems.

timmy95

Jun 19, 2018
I'm not certain if this will apply to your situation, but, for me, the NZXT CAM software was causing all kinds of problems, for me. I would have endless "fatal error" issues with ALL unreal engine games, to be able to play them, I would have to completely shut down the CAM software, then I could play UE games, without any problems.
I don't have it, and I can play wildlife but thanks anyway.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Post a screenshot of the Fatal error and we might be able to assist you. Also does it pop up at game launch, at main menu, at new game (in the hub area), or during gameplay itself.

Qui Gon

Nov 16, 2018

I would not touch this game for now. I didn't had this problem in v12. I'm having this problem for the first time and I player v8 and v12 previously.
Brev i have a 1070 ASUS Strix OC ( she has 3 fans tho) & the game just runs fine.
Me cpu is a 2600X & i also have 16Gb RAM (DDR4 3000mhz) maybe you should consider a fresh windows installation &
cuz it sounds 2 me like you PC might caught some malicious software OR

Do you have the boxed cpu fan or a proper one? Is cpu boost in ur bios activated? Did you update ur Bios?
Does ur RAM run on dual channel? Cuz on my ASUS Mainboard i had to manually enable it otherwise the ram would only run at 1500mhz. (DDR4 was new back then)

Reactions: jllkfsdj

Falos1337

Jul 15, 2020
Played for several hours but didn't meet any monsters, except tentacles. Is there any of them as mentioned? And where if any?

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
Played for several hours but didn't meet any monsters, except tentacles. Is there any of them as mentioned? And where if any?
The only other monsters are psychic apparitions that you meat if you use too much cyber abilities or go too deep into the green mist zone in swamp. Them and the soldiers are the only ones that deal damage, tentacles don't.

Reactions: Falos1337
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes