Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
I could work on cyberpunk If I wanted to, (or other projects like Call of Duty asset lead) but declined so I can work on my own game and bring my own ideas into reality ... and oh boy and how lucky I was to not work on Cyberpunk :D
My MO on the internet as a whole is to try to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to here.

The implications that you could have a leading position on development on either of those games also implies that you've been in similar positions before. You stated "Asset lead" as a job description. If you are an "industry veteran" who's reason of independence is freedom of creativity, then I would unironically like to see more creativity. your Patreon currently appears as more of an attempt at manipulative pandering than anything else. Here are a couple examples:

The roadmap has this jab at cyberpunk, and maybe the rest of the industry?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's absolutely a nonsense promise. Making games, making art, making anything, there will be mistakes, and that's fine. This is probably just shit marketing talk. There are a lot of buzzwords in the roadmap like "RAW CONTENT" so...

There is also this answer to a question on twitter.
This answer isn't really a problem by itself. It just continues to make me question, if a core aspect of the game, how the sex starts, is so up in the air and undecided after over 10 months, than what's telling us that everything else isn't undecided? What is it that you want to make? There isn't much of a description for this game. The only mention of story I've found is ridiculously short and vague:

I have some recommendations that ultimately don't matter, you've made a vague but appealing looking demo. It shows that you can make a simple yet aesthetically pleasing and atmospheric environment. You will most likely get plenty of support for your project.

I would personally like to see some sort of well written synapsis. It could be about the story, the world, one or multiple factions of the world. Gimme dat deep LORE! It would greatly help if it described the general scope of the game. Currently you're one person making vague promises that could mean anything. Vague promises are hallmarks of scams, please define the scope of the game so people don't get disappointed.

The lazerzombies game is a good idea to prove you can be trusted to make a game. But if you have experience in the industry as you have vaguely claimed, why not list your qualifications? You don't have to dox yourself, but even a simple "I've made art with this program for this long" can go a long way. The thing is, if your lying about saying "I could work on cyberpunk If I wanted to," you don't need to. your proving yourself with actions.

TLDR for this crap. I got triggered by the
I could work on cyberpunk If I wanted to... BAKA
Then why didn't you? It would be great for your resume unironically, it would have been a lead position as claimed, and Poland labor laws mean profit split and Cyberpunk still sold well. It's more likely just a lie from someone whose making a cyberpunk themed game with big promises... :KEK: I don't want this to fail, it sounds cool. I've actually been expecting the game to show up on this site for awhile. I'm just talking shit and giving criticism.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Looks promising. See ya'll in a year or two when there are more content!

Also fckn hell leave cp77 alone already that game has suffered enough.

Reactions: Zeddy

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Zeddy

Hi, I'm glad you do take an interest and think about my statements and will try to explain the stuff I said...

I mentioned work on cyberpunk because a previous comment asked me specifically about it, and also mentioned call of duty because it is a relatable game project, and I got the offer multiple times.
I do have a large background, not just in games but also in movies and sound engineering, and pretty much have been fascinated with tech and art side of games for my whole life, but I'm not presenting myself here with full name so you can just go and check credits, so sry about that, can't blame you if you don't believe me...

the roadmap is not meant as an insult to Cyberpunk, but rather specify that the genre si cyberpunk (don't mix with cp77) and that I personally want to release game without any big game-breaking bugs, and that I do care about the technical state of the game. Overall, roadmap is specifically the list of things that I eventually want in game myself and it can change.

The real answer to that tweet would be two pages long, certainly not fit for tweets. Obviously, I will pay attention to it much more in the future as it deserves its own time and presentation. Indeed I had it planned the whole time, actually, the whole game is pretty much planned out, but as I develop it, I constantly come up with better solutions, so it changes, and sometimes it's better not to tell everything and then later explain how it all changed. (patrons indeed are able to ask about anything on discord and can see early wip stuff)

I'm obviously at the beginning of development, so I try to give an idea of what will game have, even if it might sound as just as promises. However, I can back up everything I say with tech/art knowledge and try to be as transparent in communication as possible

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you don't want this project to fail, so stick along with updates and you might be pleasantly surprised :)

gamingboi64

Jan 21, 2019
So does the game currently have any transformations or is it just a fps demo and also the ability to go in first person and masturbate?

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
gamingboi64 heh I actually don't know what transformation tag means, uploader included it there. If it means modification of Ivy's appearance, then this will come in future updates

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N
I'm a big fan of the cyberpunk genre, which is a huge reason why one of my points was about the story. It's good to hear that I was wrong and that there is a general plan. I also agree with not giving too much information too quickly about the game if your not ready for that. Don't need people accusing you of breaking promises when a feature might not end up in the final game.

I look forward to more information about the game and the story.

Also for some reason I thought the transformation tag might be about the 1st person default unreal model transforming into the 3rd person Ivy model, but your guess makes more sense.

Also fckn hell leave cp77 alone already that game has suffered enough.
I agree. You won't hear this often, but I enjoyed 2077. People give it too much shit, which is part of the reason why I rambled so much earlier.

Reactions: VenomousOuroboros

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
So definitely gonna have tentacle action I see, any other creature/monster action? I won't use the B word but any. .not anthro type monsters? Looks like this could be good.

gamingboi64

Jan 21, 2019
gamingboi64 heh I actually don't know what transformation tag means, uploader included it there. If it means modification of Ivy's appearance, then this will come in future updates
From what I've seen transformation tag means that there is some sort of transformation content currently in the game but if there isn't any yet in my opinion it shouldn't have the tag yet since rn there doesn't seem to be any transformation?

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
So definitely gonna have tentacle action I see, any other creature/monster action? I won't use the B word but any. .not anthro type monsters? Looks like this could be good.
Hi, unfortunately, anthro won't be a thing in Delta Zone, since it doesn't fit theme/lore more like Edge of Tomorrow type of monsters and creepy sea-like creatures

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Hi, unfortunately, anthro won't be a thing in Delta Zone, since it doesn't fit theme/lore more like Edge of Tomorrow type of monsters and creepy sea-like creatures
So there's going to be tentacles?

YES YES YES YES YES

Loving what you've done so far! You've gained a new supporter! Anything in the theme of impregnation or eggs or similar?

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes