D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
So there's going to be tentacles?

YES YES YES YES YES

Loving what you've done so far! You've gained a new supporter! Anything in the theme of impregnation or eggs or similar?
yes, I already have the technology for both belly expansion in character rig, and also for bulges under the skin, but it hasn't been yet shown (except for some of my developer friends) it will be still a long time until its implemented into gameplay, but it's confirmed :)

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
yes, I already have the technology for both belly expansion in character rig, and also for bulges under the skin, but it hasn't been yet shown (except for some of my developer friends) it will be still a long time until its implemented into gameplay, but it's confirmed :)
which type of other enemies did you plan so far ?

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
improve optimization a bit (if you can) and you can start competing with the new Stalker 2 (y)

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
Looks like a game with potential. The high quality is good to see, but you'll understand if I don't entirely trust that it will be followed through. A game on this level with a one-person dev team is a huge undertaking and I've seen plenty of lower-effort games get ditched because of burnout. It's not a personal dig at you, but it is the voice of experience telling me "this is probably gonna be abandoned in a year".

I hope I'm wrong and this continues at this level of quality until it's properly done.

Reactions: Zeddy

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Looks like a game with potential. The high quality is good to see, but you'll understand if I don't entirely trust that it will be followed through. A game on this level with a one-person dev team is a huge undertaking and I've seen plenty of lower-effort games get ditched because of burnout. It's not a personal dig at you, but it is the voice of experience telling me "this is probably gonna be abandoned in a year".

I hope I'm wrong and this continues at this level of quality until it's properly done.
Hi, it makes sense to be not trustful, people have been burned many times.
Even I was burned by some projects in past, so that was the reason to start working on this on my own, to minimize the number of variables that can mess up this project. This way I can properly estimate my abilities and plan/promise only stuff that I'm actually able to deliver.
Luckily there is overwhelming interest in this project and soon, it will reach the state of being financially sustainable so there wouldn't be any reason to abandon it.

Burnout is a serious danger to the project and indeed I will try hard to avoid it.

And of course, I don't plan to work on this alone forever, idea is that I just need to be able to make it on my own if I had to. here is the reason:
(let's say you are an idea guy and pay lead programmer and lead artist. Maybe at most 50% of that money would go into development, other 50% would be lost on communication, staff not following with artistic vision, overestimating their abilities, quitting and leaving you without core developers, etc...)

In my case, I will outsource specific tasks (like animation, modeling/texturing, rigging, writing, voice acting) which is much more controlled, safe and will let me focus on critical parts and core features

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
I was wonder what is the plan for the actual game world? will it be a fully open-world, open region-based, or more straightforward?

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
I was wonder what is the plan for the actual game world? will it be a fully open-world, open region-based, or more straightforward?
region-based, with the ability to travel between regions of size 1x1km. Basically, you start in the center region and travel through 2 regions or more to get mission objective and get back while surviving. There will be choke-points between regions, which will be guarded by raiders, you can either fight them, pay them with loot, seduce them, or avoid them. each thing will have its own risk, like you try to seduce them but risk getting raped and robbed, or avoid them going through delta zones and risk monsters instead, or go into regions with higher difficulty and better loot but risk dying and losing it...

can't really tell specifics as I'm still improving it and changing it.

Zacharoonie

Aug 5, 2017
This Project looks insane! I've supported a few people so far and most have been disappointing, but i have helped them through some design choices that at the time were pretty good choices. I would highly recommend polishing your main protagonist first before considering character creation. Make character creation a low priority, make adult animations, map designs, and especially game mechanics higher on the priority list! People like custom character creation, but I would think people would like to see a fully fleshed out animation that works 100% more than a character they can create. With that being said also creating clothing choices for the main protagonist would be a better choice than changing her body just yet. The better the primary animations and mechanics the better off you will be later when adjusting those parameters for custom character bodies. Just my input, but good luck, I can not wait to see where this project goes!

joncik

May 7, 2017
i really like demo i will for sure follow this project
i see that you guys are maybe from my country so powodzenia ;)

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
region-based, with the ability to travel between regions of size 1x1km. Basically, you start in the center region and travel through 2 regions or more to get mission objective and get back while surviving. There will be choke-points between regions, which will be guarded by raiders, you can either fight them, pay them with loot, seduce them, or avoid them. each thing will have its own risk, like you try to seduce them but risk getting raped and robbed, or avoid them going through delta zones and risk monsters instead, or go into regions with higher difficulty and better loot but risk dying and losing it...

can't really tell specifics as I'm still improving it and changing it.
The basic idea of tactical decisions doesn't sound bad. However, in my eyes, it then also looks like it would be a kind of role-playing game. It doesn't have to be as differentiated as Fallout with all the specials and perks, as it would quickly go beyond the scope of development, but at least in the manner of Tomb Raider, so that you can specifically improve basic attributes as well as your seduction, weapon or sneak abilities.

Will there also be an expandable headquarters, or will the hero/heroine have to travel with a backpack and tarp or find the safest possible shelter in ruins?

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
This Project looks insane! I've supported a few people so far and most have been disappointing, but I have helped them through some design choices that at the time were pretty good choices. I would highly recommend polishing your main protagonist first before considering character creation. Make character creation a low priority, make adult animations, map designs, and especially game mechanics higher on the priority list! People like custom character creation, but I would think people would like to see a fully fleshed-out animation that works 100% more than a character they can create. With that being said also creating clothing choices for the main protagonist would be a better choice than changing her body just yet. The better the primary animations and mechanics the better off you will be later when adjusting those parameters for custom character bodies. Just my input, but good luck, I can not wait to see where this project goes!
They have already mentioned that that won't be custom characters. except for it seems facial stuff including cat ears I approve and also would like to submit a request for a cattail. and maybe at least a couple of breast sizes I like my titties itty and bitty.

B2 - Character is fixed that will have its own story, own special look, etc... something Lara Croft in tomb raider, or Gerald in Witcher (a lot later with large budget I might add more playable character like Ciri in W3 or JS in CP77)
Also, work on the main character took a long time, already some people think that this game looks too good and will never be finished, so I have to set scope and limitations, having one well-done main character is certainly one of them.
Partner/follower is planned, however, it's pretty much a stretch goal once most of the game is done

Zacharoonie

Aug 5, 2017
They have already mentioned that that won't be custom characters. except for it seems facial stuff including cat ears I approve and also would like to submit a request for a cattail. and maybe at least a couple of breast sizes I like my titties itty and bitty.

Oh then perfect haha seems like we’re heading for greatness then! I always felt when people introduce these kinds of mechanics the game starts to teeter off, so this is great news!

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes