slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Tbh it has me a bit worried for the future of this game, especially as a supporter and patron for this project.
He definitely had some valid excuses during this development cycle which is fair, but missing multiple estimated release dates is gonna frustrate some fans.
If he needs more time that is completely ok, that being said he needs to stop putting out unrealistic ETA's. This was the same with chapter 3.

IMO I agree with Duriel, Ero seems to be a perfectionist and attempts to add last minute details.
He mentioned multiple times that he adds last minute details like sound effects, new renders and animations.
I'm not completely against it, but someone earlier mentioned that Ero doesn't have the best graphics card which already adds extra time to making the renders.
Perhaps he should concentrate on extra details like that in post-production once the game is fully complete instead to prevent further delays.

Even if this update is great, Ero needs to be able to set a good schedule for the next release of chapter 5, because if it has the same issues as this release it could stunt the growth of support for this game.
His patrons/fans need to have something to follow with trust.
He's still a new developer so I hope he learns from past mistakes, but I can't lie and have to say that these are worrying signs for the future of this game.

I'll retain my opinion on the update itself until it comes out and I hope it lives up to expectations.
I also hope it releases today, I'm just not sure anymore.
A lot of valid criticisms are being levied against Ero though. For us pirates here a delay isn't really the end of the world (a minor annoyance for sure), but for his Patreons that spend $6.50 a month for legitimate access to the game the consistent monthly delays can be seen as abusing their trust. The anticipation Ero built up from his delays has essentially added undue stress to himself since now his Patreons will be expecting a high quality release, and the consequences of failing to meet expectations could possibly spell the end of Demon Boy. I sincerely hope that isn't the case with the Ch 4 release, but I'm also reserving judgement until it's been released.

Moving forward Ero definitely has to learn to accept that chasing perfection is an impossible task. There will always be something that could be improved, but ultimately he needs to set a realistic expectation for himself and the quality of his story. The first three chapters have been fantastic and boosted his Patreon count to 300+, and we all enjoyed his story so far despite whether he feels they weren't perfect. I hope he learns from this development cycle and finds a healthy balance between quality and compromise because none of here want to see him burn out.

Apologies for a bit of a ranty reply, depending on how this release goes I may end up subbing to his Patreon and sending him my feedback directly. The guy seems genuinely invested in his creation, all he needs is to be able to set realistic goals and avoid setting impossible deadlines (a solo dev releasing an entire chapter in 3 months qualifies as such).

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
1650060851506.png

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone's doing okay! I'll keep this one short since I'm very busy at the moment finishing up the last requirements before the release.

As you may have noticed, I haven't been able to release Chapter 4 last week. My apologies. There were some unexpected delays with the animations that needed editing. Hopefully (fingers crossed ) all goes well in the upcoming days and I'll be able to release Chapter 4 ASAP.

Have a great day guys.

--------

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
View attachment 1759341

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone's doing okay! I'll keep this one short since I'm very busy at the moment finishing up the last requirements before the release.

As you may have noticed, I haven't been able to release Chapter 4 last week. My apologies. There were some unexpected delays with the animations that needed editing. Hopefully (fingers crossed ) all goes well in the upcoming days and I'll be able to release Chapter 4 ASAP.

Have a great day guys.

--------
I appreciate the update from him, but I wish he went more in depth about why it's being pushed back even further back.
This really doesn't tells us much tbh and at this point I have no clue to when it'll release anymore.

He also said back on April 5th that he had 3.32% left of the game to finish which seems kinda odd.

I also wish that he's all good.
Again I hope he learns from how he managed chapter 3 and 4's development cycle so he can handle future chapters better.

Last edited:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Again I hope he learns from how he managed chapter 3 and 4's development cycle so he can handle future chapters better.
I agree, but keep in mind that each future chapter must remember the player's choices of what the player has done in the past.
Routes, Dialoge etc.

Based on his 300 patreons, he does everything on his own, coding, rendering and all that but I hope that this has been a lesson for him to give more precise schedule in the future.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
I agree, but keep in mind that each future chapter must remember the player's choices of what the player has done in the past.
Routes, Dialoge etc.

Based on his 300 patreons, he does everything on his own, coding, rendering and all that but I hope that this has been a lesson for him to give more precise schedule in the future.
Very good points and I completely agree sir.
I think chapter 4 will be great and hopefully the upcoming releases of the next few chapters start getting more consistent ETA's.
I like Ero and I really want this game to be great.

Michael Westerwind

Apr 10, 2022
View attachment 1759341

Hey Everyone,

Have a great day guys.

--------

Looking good! Thanks for the update and good luck with the final steps! Looking forward to it!

Lucho0x0

Mar 9, 2022
This is being hard:cry: The day this episode finally comes out is going to be the happiest day of my life.

Look at that screenshot:love:.

I just hope that if there is sex it doesn't feel forced, much less mind control shit.

• Angry
Reactions: slick97

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
This is being hard:cry: The day this episode finally comes out is going to be the happiest day of my life.

Look at that screenshot:love:.

I just hope that if there is sex it doesn't feel forced, much less mind control shit.
If you are talking about sex with Nicole, the "landlady", i highly doubt this scene will end in sex. My best guess is if there will be sex in the update, there will with the friend of the aunt

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I appreciate the update from him, but I wish he went more in depth about why it's being pushed back even further back.
This really doesn't tells us much tbh and at this point I have no clue to when it'll release anymore.

He also said back on April 5th that he had 3.32% left of the game to finish which seems kinda odd.

I also wish that he's all good.
Hell be grateful that, while obviously under heavy time pressure and apparently dealing with some unexpected technical issues, he bothered to give us a head up at all.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Hell be grateful that, while obviously under heavy time pressure and apparently dealing with some unexpected technical issues, he bothered to give us a head up at all.
Like I said I appreciate the update, but I do think criticisms are allowed to be said here(with respect of course).
While he's given us some information he's missed multiple ETA's now and it's been over a month since the original one(March 13th).

I respect this dev and hopefully he improves these ETA's in the future since the last two updates have went through a decent amount of delays.

Lucho0x0

Mar 9, 2022
If you are talking about sex with Nicole, the "landlady", i highly doubt this scene will end in sex. My best guess is if there will be sex in the update, there will with the friend of the aunt
I'm OK with that. I like slow burn.
I'm afraid to have sex with Nicole so fast actually, because I don't see how it won't feel forced.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Like I said I appreciate the update, but I do think criticisms are allowed to be said here(with respect of course).
While he's given us some information he's missed multiple ETA's now and it's been over a month since the original one(March 13th).

I respect this dev and hopefully he improves these ETA's in the future since the last two updates have went through a decent amount of delays.
He simply needs to stop giving specific dates for releases and instead do like most developers out there and give a release window only. Sometimes animations or renders need to be redone or other real life issues happen.
A more open release schedule would help to plan for those kind of issues while managing the expectations of his patrons.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I'm glad he at least posted a weekly update despite how brief it was. It seems as though missing another deadline is adding more stress onto him, so hopefully after this update he takes a little break to reset.

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
I'm also started to get annoyed by the constant setbacks but as someone that works with a computer and various softwares, I can understand a little about not knowing how to resolve certain things and losing valuable time because of this. That said like Bob I will reserve my opinion about the release after playing it, if its good plotwise and sexwise i won't have a problem with the delays. His animations seems to be something that has been giving him problems in this update, maybe because of the graphic card and the rendering time of this animations.

My biggest concern is that Ero already confirmed that ch. 4 won't have the ntr route, and i'm affraid that when the chapter drops there will be a lot of complaints about it and this can damage the success of the chapter.
Lilith's new romantic interest seems to be going to make an appareance in this update so there's still going to be NTR in this update.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
Friday here.

Come on dev you are dragging too much ffs

I often worry that people dead on set on defending what they like or get emotionally attached to, miss the point of constructive criticism aimed exclusively at helping the dev, he will always benefit more from transparency and that works the other way around too.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes